A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Lia Moore - Daughter of Iris

Nightwing
    Nightwing

Female
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2015-08-11

Lia Moore - Daughter of Iris Empty Lia Moore - Daughter of Iris

Post by Nightwing 8/11/2015, 11:16 pm

Name: Ophelia “Lia” Moore
    Mortal Parent: Kranton Moore
    God Parent: Iris
    Date of Birth: August 30th, 1998
    Place of Birth: New York, New York
    Hometown/Last Residence: Brooklyn, New York
    Race/ethnicity: Caucasian, American
    Accent: Faint New Yorker accent
    Skin Tone: Very fair skinned
    Eye Color: Jade Green
    Hair Color: Naturally blonde, usually dyed lilac and other pastel colors
    Hair Length: 26 inches long
    Height: 5′2″
    Weight: 115 pounds
    Body Type: Hourglass
    Appearance: Lia tends to always be wearing dramatic makeup and is constantly sporting a new hair color. Lia naturally has long and thick eyelashes and rosy cheeks, making her moments of embarrassment paint her entire face bright pink.
    Weapon: Lia is skilled with a bow and arrow because of it’s range of distance between her and whoever she is battling. Lia practiced archery as a child and has used her bow, Canary, for years. It wasn’t until she went to CHB that she replaced some of her regular arrows for celestial bronze.
    Armor: Lia has a pair of screw-back earrings that when twisted two times on the left ear and once on the right, drop down and expand into a helmet that protects Lia’s face, neck, and covers her eyes enough for protection.
    Pets(s): N/A

Skills/Talents: Lia is skilled in painting and makeup application mainly because of the blending of colors. She’s good at knowing what shades look best in certain lightings. She is skilled at archery because of her childhood dedication to it.
    Flaws: Lia is rather naive and it can lead her to befriend those who won’t be loyal to her. She is also very hard-headed so she tends to make stronger bonds when people try to tear her friendships apart, leaving her clingy and constantly dwelling on the past. She’s also very loud and energetic and can irritate people because of her optimism.
    Strengths: Lia is very sociable and intellectual, even though she may not appear to be. She’s proactive and constantly tries to balance everyone’s mood, if not elevate them.
    Weaknesses: Lia’s naive ways allow her to be positive but can put her in harm’s way. She's terrible at staying quiet and struggles with reading, even if it is in Greek. She has a hard time controlling her powers to avoid the consequences since she is very impulsive when using them.
    Dislikes: The dark, isolation, sitting still, being quiet
    Fears: Isolation
    Personality: Ophelia is very bubbly and is constantly befriending anyone in her line of sight. At first glance, Ophelia appears very whimsical because of her demeanor and ways of expression through her hands and hair color choices- but once spoken to, you’ll think she’s either crazy or your new best friend. Ophelia is also very flirtatious and she knows it but get on her bad side, and Little Miss Sunshine can make sure you never see the sunlight again.
    Abilities: Gaining strength during a rainbow, telling apart shades of colors, not having to pay for Iris Messages, talking to pegasi
    Powers: Ophelia can manipulate light by changing it’s color and direction. She can do this with ease but changing direction is a bit more difficult for her and the time for the actual result to appear is what takes longer rather than her “healing” time. The longest she’d have to wait after manipulating light would be 2-3 posts. She can manipulate light up to 3-4 posts. Consequences for not relaxing between bursts of power are migraines sensitive to light.

Social Status: Creative Geek
    Summer or Year Rounder: Summer
    Years at Camp: 2
    Life Before Camp:

Ophelia had an ideal home life before she looked through a sprinkler and willed for something cheerful to appear and got her wish. Lia had shelter, a mother  and father, three siblings, pets, an education, a warm bed, and friends. Lia always felt something was missing, though- love. There was always a different aura around the way her parents felt around her siblings than they did around her. She wasn’t sure if it was a positive or negative aura but it was different and at thirteen, all Lia wanted was to be like everyone else.

That same year Lia found out she was adopted through a fight with her siblings, running away and loosing herself in a forest. Lia then discovered Camp Half Blood and waltzed right through the boundaries.

Eventually, Lia returned home and once she did, she realized that she was just as loved as her siblings and above all, this was as real as a family could be.
    Role-playing Example:

“Turn the lights off,” Lia groaned under her picnic blanket, burying her face in her book against the grass.

“I can’t turn off the sun, Lia, even if my dad’s Apollo,” Ben told her, chuckling softly. “What’s up with you all of a sudden?”

Lia rubbed her eyes but even under the blanket, the light still pierced at her eyes, making her nauseous. Gray specks danced around her vision along with bits of black before she shut them tightly, the muscles in her eyes and forehead crying out.

“I was trying to impress that guy, you know, the one with the little sister? I was doing rainbows all morning,” She mumbled.

“I knew it!” The sound of Ben’s victory made her groan again. “I knew you were gonna drain yourself because of that kid!”

If the sound of Ben boasting about being right wasn’t enough, the lack of the jingle of the drachmas in her pocket were even worse.
    Notes: N/A

Last edited by Nightwing on 8/14/2015, 11:47 am; edited 3 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Lia Moore - Daughter of Iris Empty Re: Lia Moore - Daughter of Iris

Post by Morgan Landry 8/14/2015, 7:24 am

Hi!

- Weaknesses are things your character is not good at.

- Her abilities sound more like talents to me. An ability for a child of Iris would rather be, gaining strenght when there's a rainbow, talking to pegasi or not needing to pay for Iris-Messages.

- Please give the first power post limits.

- How could she manipulate the speed of light?

- No to traveling at the speed of light.

Rest looks good to me. :)
    Nightwing
    Nightwing

Female
    Number of posts : 56
    Registration date : 2015-08-11

Post by Nightwing 8/14/2015, 11:48 am

The following things I fixed are:
    - Weaknesses I added are that she is impulsive when using her powers so she is constantly getting migraines, she struggles with reading anything even if it's in Greek, and keeping quiet.
    - I removed the power of running at the speed of light.
    - I removed the manipulation of the speed of light.
    - I gave post limits to her light manipulation ability. She can manipulate light up to 3-4 posts but has to wait 2-3 posts to use it again.
    - Her abilities are "gaining strength during a rainbow, telling apart shades of colors, not having to pay for Iris Messages, talking to pegasi." If it wasn't for your suggestions, I would have struggled a lot more with this section.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 8/22/2015, 12:29 am

Abilities: Gaining strength during a rainbow, telling apart shades of colors, not having to pay for Iris Messages, talking to pegasi

How much strength? For minor gods/goddesses I tend to allow 15%.

Powers: Ophelia can manipulate light by changing it’s color and direction. She can do this with ease but changing direction is a bit more difficult for her and the time for the actual result to appear is what takes longer rather than her “healing” time. The longest she’d have to wait after manipulating light would be 2-3 posts. She can manipulate light up to 3-4 posts. Consequences for not relaxing between bursts of power are migraines sensitive to light.

Healing time? I'm confused.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 1:09 pm