A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

New Kid/Maria's Bunk

Mariaaaaaaaaa
    Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female
    Number of posts : 53
    Registration date : 2015-08-09

New Kid/Maria's Bunk Empty New Kid/Maria's Bunk

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa 8/17/2015, 3:58 pm

Maria slowly walked into the Athena cabin. She was smaller than a lot of the other campers:only 13 years old and 5'4. On the outside she presented herself as calm and connected, but on the inside she was a nervous wreck, or maybe that was just the anxiety talking. She had heard stories about the Athena kid's grey eyes burning holes into your own as they analyze you, judging your every move. As for Maria, her eyes were Hazel, not grey, and her hair was brown and super curly. She wasn't going to fit in here. It was going to be just like it was wherever she went when she was growing up. How fun.

Maria found an empty bunk and put her belongings in a bag hanging from the corner of the bed. She didn't have much:just a celestial bronze dagger and some old clothes. She also had a turtle named Myrtle, but didn't know where to put him and was too afraid to ask, so she just sat there on her bunk with Myrtle's tank sitting awkwardly beside her and started to read a book.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

New Kid/Maria's Bunk Empty Re: New Kid/Maria's Bunk

Post by HaleyTheRandom 8/20/2015, 1:08 pm

Aria huffed, blowing a piece of lose, blonde hair that had fallen out of her ponytail to the side of her face. Honestly, she should have fixed her hair ages ago. But as usual when she was working on a project, she didn't brush it. There was always to many ideas floating around in her head to remember something so insignificant. All in all she had come straight into the cabin, flopped down on her bunk and started typing away on her laptop. That was until she heard someone walking around and getting settled in.

Brown hair, hazel eyes.... maybe she thought this was the Hermes cabin? Then again there were a few un-stereotypical looking Athena children in the cabin. "Can I help you," she asked politely, not looking up from the screen.
    Mariaaaaaaaaa
    Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa 8/21/2015, 3:54 am

Maria gulped. She could just tell by the way this girl's eyes caught her glance and then her head retreated back in a jerking motion of surprise that she thought she wasn't supposed to be here. Stop it Maria. Stop analyzing people by the small insignificant movements they make to try to guess what they are thinking. The girl looked like she fit perfectly into the Athena cabin with her blonde hair and her interest in whatever project she was working on. Maria felt the need to explain her appearance, why she was in this cabin, and why there was a random turtle tank on her bed. When the girl asked if she could help Maria, she put on a collected face and responded, "Hi. I'm new to camp. I know I don't exactly look like an Athena kid but most of my looks are from my dad's Hispanic side of the family. I don't really need any help. I was just wondering if there was anywhere I could put this turtle." Maria was shaking from the last part. She was 96% sure that Athena kids usually didn't keep pets. She was going to be cast out, unaccepted, abused. Stop. take a deep breath. This isn't you. This is your anxiety. You're safe. Drake can't find you here. It will be better this time. Snapping out of her trance, Maria hoped she had appeared completely normal and friendly when she talked, she didn't want people to get the wrong impression of her.
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 8/25/2015, 7:51 pm

Aria only though momentarily. "It's no big deal that you aren't the stereotypical look of a child of Athena, darling. You'll find a few with brown hair and different colored eyes like you. I mean, for example a new-ish brother of ours, George, has green eyes. Meanwhile your turtle..." Aria scanned the cabin. Bunks shoved to the side, bookshelves pretty much anywhere else. Then she found a solution. Sure all of the bookshelves where full and some of them had various maps strewn on top of them, but she was luck enough to find one that had only a few. "Let's see... follow me over here?" Walking across the cabin she would come to a wooden book shelf that was about waist tall. Taking a handful of maps that was just laid about, she would take a few seconds to straighten them out and lay them to one side of the shelf. Turning and smiling at her thirty second solution she would speak again. "Well, you can put him.. or her, right here for now and if you wish for a different spot, then I'm sure we could find something more.. permanent.
    Mariaaaaaaaaa
    Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa 8/26/2015, 2:31 am

Maria gladly put Myrtle down on top of the book shelf. As she moved at the actual books, she started to wonder where they all came from. "Thanks about the turtle. This spot is fine by me. Are these all books for the Athena cabin or just the library books the other Athena kid's needed a place to put?" This girl was very helpful, but Maria didn't remember is she said her name. If she had, Maria didn't want to ask again, but still. She decided to ask how to spell her name because then Maria would also know the actual name itself. She just hoped it wasn't a super simple to spell name like Bob or Aria. "How do you spell your name again?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 8/26/2015, 5:06 pm

"It's no problem, really. It's actually just a collection of books from different places. You know, old history books, borrowed ones from the library, some full of the most intense notes you can only imagine and some that we just accumulated from various places. You can find just about anything in here really." Aria paused for a moment to catch her breath and hear the next question. "It's Aria. A-r-i-a." Then she thought for a moment. "You know what? I don't think I caught your name either, really."
    Mariaaaaaaaaa
    Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa 8/26/2015, 5:33 pm

Of course her name would be Aria. Maria had a knack for predicting events that she didn't want to happen. Just her luck. She thought the bookshelves were really cool and reached into her bag and put To Kill a Mockingbird on the bookshelf. She had just borrowed it from the library after being told it was one of the best books ever written. Maria just hoped she wasn't too busy to read it. "My name is Maria. I'm 16 years old (OOC I got her age changed) BIC: That's really cool about the books. Do campers have any free time here, or is it all training?"
    HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female

Post by HaleyTheRandom 8/27/2015, 4:43 pm

Aria walked across the cabin once more, sitting down on the edge of her bunk and crossing her feet. "Training is definitely what we want to focus on the most here, I mean, the point of this camp is to prepare us and keep us safe. There are times when we do have free time, you know, after all our activities are through." Aria caught the site of the book title out of the corner of her eye. To Kill a Mockingbird... hmm. Aria had read that one back in middle school. Quite a classic piece of literature in her opinion.
    Mariaaaaaaaaa
    Mariaaaaaaaaa

Female

Post by Mariaaaaaaaaa 8/31/2015, 11:42 pm

As Maria took a moment to process what Aria was telling her, she realized that she would have to focus on training to protect herself of course, but would still have small moments of free time to spend how she pleased. She decides she was hungry so she headed to the mess hall. "Well. See ya later? Bye."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 8:15 am