A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Nathan's Bunk (Vacant)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Nathan's Bunk (Vacant) - Page 3 Empty Re: Nathan's Bunk (Vacant)

Post by redline2400 10/14/2015, 5:34 am

"Oh. Ok then. Wait, so there aren't designed guards or were you also a guard at one point, if you get what I mean."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 10/14/2015, 6:48 pm

Leandra looked over at Nate as if he had grown seven heads. "You're in a camp, run by ADHD teenage demigods, for ADHD teenage demigods, and you think they would permanently assign people to stand and stare at the Caldecott Tunnel for hours at a time and hope that a new demigod appears or a monster attacks? That would make people go insane and kill people. No, guard duty is frequently rotated. If your Centurion doesn't like you, or you screw up, you might end up with guard duty every day for two weeks, but they rotate it." She said, thinking this was actually fairly obvious. Maybe it would be to him once he stood in the same spot for eight hours as a sentry.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/14/2015, 8:49 pm

"Oh. Didn't really take that into consideration, the ADHD and such." So everyone here had ADHD too. Nate was sure he was told this already, but his mind was probably wandering around at that time. "So if everyone here has ADHD, how is it run so well and not, well, a complete train wreck?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/15/2015, 5:24 am

"Discipline. Routine. ADHD actually does really well with a set routine and strong discipline. Also, you know, working into exhaustion and such. Some have it worse than others, some don't even really seem to have it, but most demigods have it. How the Greek camp survives, I don't know."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/15/2015, 5:53 am

Nodding and smiling, Nathan didn't have much to say besides a planned 'ok, well nice knowing ya', but then Leandra mentioned a 'Greek camp'. Greek camp? What? With confusion on his face and in his voice, Nathen asked "Hold up....Greek camp? What exactly is this?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/15/2015, 1:37 pm

"This is Roman camp. Camp Jupiter. All demigods born of Roman gods come here. There is another camp, Camp Half-Blood, where the children of the Greek gods go. And yeah, most of the Roman and Greek gods are the same, but they aren't. Like they have different personalities." Leandra shrugged. "We were separated by the mist for a long time to prevent us from going to war with each other. Right now, we're at peace, but...They aren't exactly organized."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/15/2015, 11:26 pm

"So they're not a threat then, since we're on good terms with them and they're not as organized, right?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/16/2015, 12:29 am

Leandra nodded, "Yeah, they wouldn't really have a chance against us. But we're not really going to go to war anymore." She explained, "We did almost kill all of the Greeks, but we didn't."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/16/2015, 5:57 am

"Oh...that's...um...lovely, I guess." Nate's mind was running on fumes; there weren't any more questions on his mind and he was pretty sure Leandra had placed to go. "So, you want to ask me anything? Or do you have a fire to get to?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/17/2015, 12:34 am

Leandra shook her head. "Nah, I guess that's really it for now. I would like to get to know you a little more. Maybe dinner some day? Like, not dinner dinner, but, just, um, in the mess hall. Or in town on liberty. After you get used to here a little." She stood up, straightening her clothes some. "Uh, but...can we, um...gods, I hate to put this on you. Can we keep..." She sighed, rubbing the back of her neck. "Can you just not mention PTSD and me together? Like, don't tell anyone what you think. Or suicidal thoughts."b
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/17/2015, 5:04 pm

"Yeah, I get what you mean. You don't seem like the kind of person who'd enjoy a 'night out' with your brother, if you get what I mean." But just as Nate thought he was off the hook, Leandra brought up the PTSD subject. "Oh, so now you believe me? Yeah, don't worry about it; shouldn't be too hard to BS an explination if you cause me to be put on the spot."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/18/2015, 8:39 pm

"I'm not accepting it, Nate, I'm covering my podex. Not everyone in camp is friendly, some will use any information to their advantage. 'S bad enough that people know I'm terrified of hellhounds." Leandra said quietly. "Get to know the people in your cohort. You can trust most of them, but don't trust anyone entirely until you get to know them. Wade and Colton you can trust, though, they're good people. Scatterbrained and crazy as a Bessie bug, but good people."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/18/2015, 9:11 pm

"Alright, alright, I won't take your nonexistent mental state lightly. I'll guard it with my life." Now that she mentioned it, Nate hadn't really taken the time to go talk to anyone else in the cohort. "Ok, so I'll go talk to those two. And who was the other guy y'all mentioned; the bomb freak?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/18/2015, 10:13 pm

"Uh, right, um, bomb freak. He has a name. Xander?Xavier?" Leandra mused, trying to think. She didn't know him really well, having met over a mangled leg that needed to be sawed off.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/19/2015, 12:03 am

"Don't stress yourself out, I'll ask around. So unless you have any pressing news to share, this should be it."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 10/20/2015, 12:36 am

Leandra sighed, shaking her head. "Yeah, no. Sorry. I'm not good with names. Take care, Nate." She said, turning to leave and limp out.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 10/22/2015, 9:29 pm

"Alright then. See ya around." Once Nate saw that Leandra had left the barracks, he fell back onto his cot and let out a big sigh.

What a freaking bombshell. So his half-sister, who he is biologically related to via their shared mother, is a sanctimonious and prideful tool who also has a case of PTSD, the camp is full of people willing to stab him in the back at the first chance, and since the medical standards here were also locked at 17AD levels, the mortality rate was most likely off the charts. In an instance of thinking out loud, Nate let his thoughts come out following another sigh. "This camp is going to be the death of me..."

***RP OVER; BUNK IS BACK TO NORMAL***

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 12:54 pm