A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Servants of the Gods...

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Servants of the Gods... Empty Servants of the Gods...

Post by Kwacken 11/9/2015, 3:03 am

"I tell you what. I like you, you have spunk. I will give you a choice. Do you want to be eaten? Or would you like to be a messenger to your camp?"

------------------------------------------------------------
    Several Hours Earlier
    -----------------------------------------------------------

Lear shifted in the chair of the van, waiting in the shade near a driveway that had a mailbox. The drive was hidden by trees, and the road that wound down the hill was quiet and abandoned. The van was an old beat-up delivery van, and it's hood was up. A cigarette was the only thing that clouded the van as Lear took a drag and put it out the window.

A cyclops was sitting next to Lear, tapping his large fingers on the wheelchair. "Are you sure this is gonna work, boss?"

"Relax. The demigod will come. We cased the place for three days for recon. It's solid. Demigod will be coming up in three to four minutes." Lear said, finally getting out of the car. Wearing a dark jumpsuit that had a logo for a shipping company, and a name tag that said "Alex", the human jumped down and started walking towards the driveway, holding a gas can. Lear continued smoking, adjusting a slight bulge in the pocket of the jumpsuit.

A girl came walking down the driveway and Lear waved, offering a strained, but nice looking smile.
    "Oh thank god, there is someone who lives here. My van broke down, I think bad gas, can you help? Got any gas? Or maybe pure alcohol?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Servants of the Gods... Empty Re: Servants of the Gods...

Post by Belle 11/9/2015, 3:38 am

Ariadne had finally been able to go home to see her mother and her step father. She had arrived a few days ago and those first few moments when she saw their faces again she welled up with tears. She hugged them both tightly and they had some good conversations about everything.

It happened to be that time of the day to check the mail. Ari had a light skip as she went down the windy drive way, her small curls bouncing with her and a smile on her face. Ari had promised Louie she'd be home after three days, so tomorrow she'd get to see her again and she was excited for that. As she got down to the mailbox she had just opened it when she heard something and also saw.

Quickly the brunette closed the mailbox, finding nothing in it anyways and took a few steps towards the person in front of her. They had a cigarette in hand, sunglasses on their face, and wearing a jumpsuit. Hearing their question Ari pondered for a moment before a smile got on her face. "Sadly we don't have alcohol, I wish. In terms of gas, I would have to look in the old barn just down that way." Ari said half turning to point down left of the driveway.

Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/11/2015, 1:38 am

Lear waited for the girl to turn away before pulling the taser from it's hiding place. The taser hit the young demigod in the back near the kidneys, causing the demigod to spasm violently. It took a few moments, but the demigod dropped to the ground, and Lear quickly secured the girl's wrists with a large zip tie. She was starting to squirm by the time Lear got her feet secured. "Fight and I will taze you again. Scream, and I will knock you unconscious." Lear warned before whistling and waving over Bolt, the cyclops.

"Bolt, get the kid into the van. Let's head to the safehouse."

-----------------------------
    About three hours later
    -----------------------------

Lear lit up another cigarette and looked at the demigod sitting in a chair. A look that was a mixture of apprehension and sympathy crossed Lear's face. "You know you're being used. By the gods. The mighty powerful deities of Olympus who don't care anything about you. I'm willing to give you a chance to forsake the gods"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2015, 1:55 am

Just as Ari had turned to point to the barn, she realized that was her biggest mistake. She had no time to react and very soon was shocked and stunned. Ari had never felt the pain before and somehow she was sure she had blacked out. Before long she felt her hands being bounded and she tried to struggle and in last attempts tried to clench her fists. She had heard if you had done so if you wanted to slip out it'd be a lot easier. Ari groaned, "Usually someone takes me out to dinner first before we do this kind of deal. This is a bit kinky for a first date." The girl really did make jokes at the worst times, but it was all like word vomit. Ariadne had another comment to make but decided this one was better to keep to herself, and so she obeyed for the time being as a cyclops had decided to carry her to the van. You never trust the van.

|~3 hours later~|

"You know those are bad for your health right?" Ari said motioning her head to the cigarette this person had. "Everyone is used at some point. If I'm not used by the gods, I'm sure someone else will take their place. They say the grass is greener on the other side, but is it ever really? By the way, you do know you took me right before lunch right? I would very much like a sandwich, I'm quite famish."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/11/2015, 2:12 am

Lear chuckled, taking drag of the cigarette. "Listen, kid, I'm trying to help you here. Help you see the light for what it's worth." Lear said as the kidnapped pulled a granola bar from a drawer and opened the package. "Not allergic to nuts, are you, kid? See. The gods are all the worst slime in the universe. They don't stick with anyone they supposedly love, they're awful parents, and the only usage they have for demigods is to interact with the world and use demigods as tools. Fighting millennia old wars that will never end. Why follow the gods?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2015, 2:23 am

Ari tried to see how much she could wiggle her hand out. To her dismay it wasn't as loose as she wanted it to be. This person in front of her had pulled out a granola bar and asked if she was allergic to nuts. "Well, initial thought says I'm not allergic to nuts, after thought makes me ask what kind. But you mean to tell me you don't have a kitchen in this place? Like if I was some sort of kidnapping freak I'd have a kitchen. Don't have some bread and like some bologna to slap together maybe with some cheese and mayo? Like not even classic Pb and j? What kind of establishment do you run?"

She tapped her foot on the ground beginning to look bored. "I'm sorry, but at least the gods haven't tazed me put me in a van and taken me to a house with no sandwiches. As far as I'm concerned that's one point for them even though they're not the most likable people. Can we get to the stuff I don't know?"
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/11/2015, 6:05 pm

Lear sighed and scratched a crop of short brown hair. "Listen, kid, I'm gonna be entirely honest with you, and this might be a personality flaw on my part. I don't like sandwiches. I have granola bars and Bolt has some donuts from Monster Donuts. I think he has a couple of the ones with the cream filling left. He has eaten all of the jelly fillings and custard creams."

Lear grabbed a chair and pulled it up close to Ari before sitting down.
    "Alright, Ariadne, let's start from the beginning. Hello, my name is Lear, and I have a vendetta against the gods. Not against demigods. Except those who serve the gods. Can you tell me, Ari, why do you train to fight and kill monsters?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2015, 6:18 pm

"Monster donuts? Are those safe to eat?" Ari asked curiously. Seemed better than a darn granola bar. Who did this person think they were? Not liking sandwiches. "I think you need some personality reconstruction if you don't like sandwiches, ham and swiss is great and a delight." Ari would be crossing her arms right now, but that wasn't entirely possible with her hands behind her back.

"Start from the beginning? You already know my name that's not fair. If we're strangers I should have to tell it to you. Besides just call me Ari." She said and tilted her head to the side a bit sizing up this supposed Lear. "First of all, out of all the names you decide to call yourself, you call yourself Lear? Doesn't make sense to me. Secondly, train? you must be delusional, the only destructive thing I do is make giant seven foot volcanoes with my half brother. Outside of that, my girlfriend forces me to watch gilmore girls or some crap like that with her, I'm the most harmless one out there, so now that we've established this, can I go? I have sandwiches at home."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/11/2015, 9:50 pm

"You can introduce yourself to me if you'd like, but seeing as I knew where you lived and what time you came out to check the mail every day, knowing your name shouldn't be a surprise." Lear said quietly. "And I appreciate that you say you are harmless, but you have lived at Camp Half-Blood for almost two years, and I do not believe that Chiron would have failed in training you at least somewhat."

There was several moments of silence before Lear continued in a serious voice, one that bespoke deadliness
    . "As I said earlier, I have a vendetta against the gods, not demigods. Your lack of violence against monsters is good, and I would be willing to take you in. Protect you. We could even get sandwiches. On the other hand, if you do not forsake the gods of Olympus, well...I can guarantee your time on this mortal coil will be cut short."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/11/2015, 10:09 pm

Things were getting more serious now. Ari was almost positive now that she wasn't going to get that sandwich. That was a shame. "Well, aren't you a stalker. One with no taste in food." She said grumbling the last part. At that moment she heard her stomach growl and she sighed. Look what this Lear person did. Made her hungry, getting tazed worked up an appetite.

In the next bit Ari could hear Lear's voice tone change and this was the time Ari tried to shrink her hand a little bit to try and move it out. This person was certifiably nuts. A nut she wished she was allergic to. She could attempt and fake to do what Lear wanted but how good would she be at that? Her heart began to beat a little bit and she pondered for a few moments. "Well you see I would, but I consider myself to be more of a Switzerland type you know? No one hurts the neutral guy, they don't do anything. Also was that a yes or no for safety of the monster donuts?" Ari was asking questions now and just trying to keep up a conversation. What would she accomplish if she could get her hands free? throw a left punch at Lear? Then try and run from Burt or whatever its name was. She had no idea where she was and she had no idea to get out, but anything would be worth a shot right? Ari decided to stop struggling for the moment trying to survey the area without moving her eyes, but it didn't give her much.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/12/2015, 3:44 am

Lear frowned, running a hand through the short cut brown hair again. "Switzerland, eh? Listen, Ari, I'm not going to play games here. I don't want to kill anyone. I'm not a raging sociopath. I know you have a family, loved ones, even people at Camp Half-Blood that you care about."

There was another pause as Lear stood up, turning away from Ari for a moment. Lear pulled out a cellphone from the jumper pocket and read the screen, then typed a quick reply while speaking. "I understand that. The gods, however, stole something from me, someone. Someone I can never get back. And I learned very quickly that while I care about you having a family and loved ones, if I want to disempower the gods, I have to be a brutal and forceful as they are."

Lear turned back to Ari, a stern and steeled look on the kidnapper's face. "I am giving you one chance, Ariadne, child of Hephaestus. You either forsake the gods, and join me. Or you die. I cannot accept neutrality."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/12/2015, 4:32 pm

Ariadne had listened to the sociopath and wasn't sure what to do at this point. sHe had a few different choices. She could try and lie and just be on the good side of Lear and be able to have more sandwiches. Things were geting down to the wire, and now Ari had to pick a side. Ending up in punishment for forsaking the gods or dying. It depended if she wanted her pain now or later. There was also the option of trying to bolt it and hoping to escape but Ari knew Lear wasn't that dumb. There had to be some extravagant way to get out.

"Not a raging sociopath? You almost have to be if you put a 'die' option in there." Ari said shaking her head. Her heart was pounding and she wasn't sure what to do. If she waited for her pain and punishment later it could last longer than being murdered now, but the pain of her loved ones losing her could also be accountable for it. "Can't you just let me go? I wont say anything I will promise you by the river of styx or whatever that sacred thing we swear promises on is, just please, I wont harm any monsters but I can't foresake the gods, do you realize what happens when you do that? You're really only offering pain and then promised pain down the road." Ari said with a few tears rolling down her face in frustration. Not staying her choice yet.

(Unable to color on my tablet, apologies)
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/12/2015, 5:04 pm

Lear's left eye twitched uncontrollably for several seconds, listening to Ari. The doctors had said Lear suffered from "labile emotion" and "outbursts", this was one of those times where the kidnapper agreed with the doctors. A calm demeanor turned into anger in flash. "You really think I'm a sociopath?! I'm trying to tell you I don't want to kill you! You aren't making this any easier for me, child, and I will take no oath sacred only to those f*%&in' gods! You want to avoid eternal punishment instead of disempowering the true sociopaths in power?"

Lear paced, wringing hands and muttering quietly for a second. The kidnapper checked the cellphone again, then sighed and forced a calmer demeanor, though there was a dangerous glint behind the blue eyes. "I tell you what. I like you, you have spunk. I will give you a choice. Do you want to be eaten? Or would you like to be a messenger to your camp?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/13/2015, 10:35 pm

Ari could see something snap inside of Lear. This had terrified her. Ari just needed to get out and needed to do so soon. She was getting a choice of death and death now, or so she assumed. How was she going to be murdered if she was a message to the camp. All she wanted to do was cry but she remained calm.

Noticing the phone in Lear's hand it made her curious as to what was so important. "I think I like the message to camp, but first could we talk about how it'll work? Like details?" Ari asked while she slowly tried wiggle her hand out of its ties.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/13/2015, 10:51 pm

Lear took a deep breath, looking around the room for several seconds. "I will make it as painless as possible, Ari. I'm not cruel. I don't want to do this, but my hands are tied, the gods have forced this. The Titan War wasn't the wrong idea, just the wrong implementation. You can't kill the gods, just disarm them."

The kidnapper paused for several seconds. "Do you have any last requests?"
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/15/2015, 8:20 pm

"You may not be cruel but you're so psychotic and you're a mean girl, you're a b!tch!" Ari snapped and with a forceful tug she got her hand free and she stood up. She figured she could out run the cyclops but Lear was debatable. Ari threw a punch at the girl and then booked it running off trying to find her way out. She found a door and she pounded on the door she found. It was locked, she didn't know what she expected.

"Someone help me please!" Ari screamed as loud as she could, hoping Lear wasn't smart enough to be in a secluded area. You never knew. Ari kept pounding on the door, her hand and knuckles felt numb by this point. "Just let me out." Ari cried out. She was going to fight if she had to, she wasn't the best at it but she'd do it. It was fight or die at this point and she looked around for something to use as a weapon. Looking down at her hands she saw the zip ties and she knew at this point what she'd do. Ari quickly ran over to find somewhere to hide.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/16/2015, 7:54 pm

Lear was caught off guard by Ari's response. "Was that Mean Girls? Were you even old en-" Lear was caught off guard again by the fact that Ari got out of the zip ties and threw a haymaker. It caught her in the jaw, sending the kidnapper down to the ground for a second. It was enough to disorient Lear for a few seconds, but she pushed herself up and chased after the girl.

Ari didn't have many places to run. Lear knew that. The doors were locked, the house was secure, and there were monsters on the other side if Ari did escape. Lear could take her time if she wanted.

The next room wasn't big, and Lear hear Ari breathing heavily behind a dresser. Lear stopped for a second, backing out of the room to grab a Louisville slugger. She crept back silently, Lear's eye twitching with stress. Halfway past the dresser, Lear swung the bat forcefully about a foot and a half above the ground, intending to knock the ever loving tar out of Ari.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/18/2015, 2:46 am

Ari was unsure what would happen. Lear had to know this place better than Ari would and it'd only be mere minutes before Ari would be found. Paying attention to sounds and trying to pin point where they would be, Ari heard a door open in the distance. That door may be unlocked and could be Ari's key out if she could get there and find it. Unless the door she heard open was just a place to store things.

Her heart was beating and she hadn't realized she was breathing heavily. She cupped her hand over her mouth in time to see a bat. She ducked, and had felt it breeze just inches above her head. Ari used that chance to charge herself at Lear going for the legs. Bolting it from the spot she tried looking for the door jiggling handles. "Just leave me alone please!" She said and then went back to one of the chairs and used it for her shield to keep distance between herself and Lear. She wasn't just going to let this psycho murder her. "Also yes, it was mean girls and yes I was alive for that. So spare me? we can watch Mean Girls together."
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/18/2015, 11:38 am

Lear was knocked off balance by the demigod, but kept standing. It was enough that Ari managed to get to the other side of the room without Lear being able to hit her again with the bat. The chair was going to pose a slight problem. "Ari, fighting this will only make it painful. As fun as Mean Girls sounds. You rejected my offers to spare you. All it would have taken was rejecting the gods. I would have protected you. Kept you safe. You rejected the offer of friendship and called me psychotic."

Lear moved close to the chair, her eyes calculating and still mostly psychotic. She feigned a kick towards the left, then swung her bat towards the demigod's right side as she did. She was going to beat this little upstart.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 11/20/2015, 2:14 pm

"I didn't even ask to be taken!" Ari snapped at Lear, and her arms were shaking. It was a life or death situation. "I just wanted to spend time with my f*cking family and go back to camp to be around my girlfriend and brother. You're taking that away from me, doesn't that matter to you?!" Ari said raising her voice and still held on to the chair.

It appeared Lear was going for the left side, and just as Ari moved to protect that side, she realized her mistake. Before she had time to react she felt a hard swing go into her side. She hit the ground hard still clutching to the chair and she swung it at Lear. "Clearly you want revenge for something, but you don't understand. You're taking someone away from their family that will miss them very much. Don't you get that?! You must have had someone you've cared about before, what would you do if you lost them? What would they say if they could see you right now, about to hurt someone innocent?" That's when the tears came and they trickled down her face.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 11/21/2015, 12:40 am

The chair hit Lear, but not with enough force to knock her down. By this time, her annoyance was actually rage now. The defense was not working, she had already lost her love. Yes, she had other people she cared for, but she had lost her love. "Soldiers die in war. No one who swears fealty to the gods is innocent!"

She swung the bat again, aiming for Ari's head. She was going to end this. No more trying to claim innocence or beg for mercy. Almost to her surprise, the bat landed about four inches short of her target, hitting Ari squarely in the neck. There was an unholy crunch that reverberated up the bat into Lear's arms, and the light in Ari's eyes went out.

Lear dropped the bat panting as Bolt busted in, covered in powdered sugar. "What happened? Can we eat her now?"

The weight of her actions hit Lear and she took a step back, holding her head. "Ari, you stubborn, stupid girl!" She looked up at Bolt and set her jaw despite hating herself at that moment. "No. No. She's be gamey by the time you cooked her. Besides, heroes are noted for wanting revenge. For being heroes. They will come after us and give us more targets to attack if we taunt them." She said, though her voice sounded oddly detached. "Help me move her body, she's going to be a message."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 9:50 am