A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Nikolai Peterenkenov, Son of Ares

Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male
    Number of posts : 8
    Registration date : 2015-12-10

Nikolai Peterenkenov, Son of Ares Empty Nikolai Peterenkenov, Son of Ares

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 11:47 am

Name: His name is Nikolai Peterenkenov, nicknamed Niko. (Nee-Coal-I Pe-trink-E-Nov)

Mortal Parent: His mom is Natalya Peterenkenov. She was distant to Nikolai, and didn't speak much about her past. Nikolai was her only child and he could always tell she left behind something big because of him. Because of this he used to feel guilty about even being born. They were together in Seattle when she died. Nikolai was 9.

God Parent: His father is Ares.

Date of Birth: He was born on July 23, 1998.

Place of Birth: He was born in Novosibirsk, Siberia.

Hometown/Last Residence: Nikolai lived in a tiny apartment in Seattle, Washington, after escaping oppression in Russia, where he and his mother struggled to make ends meet. They came to america when he was 7 just before they forced him into the mines. He left after his mother died tragically saving his life during a fire caused under suspicious circumstances (It was not abnormal, they just never figured out what caused it). This happened just after he learned of his lineage. Since then he has bounced from town to town, notably Portland, Oregon; San Diego, California; Denver, Colorado; and Chicago, Illinois. He never stayed in one place very long, but hitchhiked, or used some questionably attained money to buy a bus ticket. Sometimes he even walked. '

Race/ethnicity: Caucasian

Accent: Thick Eastern Russian

Skin Tone: White, but slightly tan white.

Eye Color: Silver with a yellow/Gold band around the pupil

Hair Color: Dark brown

Hair Length: 1” on top ½’’ on the sides

Height: 5’11”

Weight: 152 lbs

Body Type: Athletic, big chest but small arms compared. Defined muscles and abdominals, but slightly skinny looking. He can bench about 180 lbs, and Squat about 320 lbs.

Appearance: His hair is in the classic american politician style. Combed to the side on top, up in front, and back on the sides. He has multiple scars on his upper arms and down his chest with one large one on his shoulder, these are from multiple fight while still in Siberia, and some, including the largest are due to his living on the streets for 8 years (that type of life is rough, and you gotta do what you gotta do...). He is handsome, and looks slightly like a young Johnny Cash mixed with Tom Cruise. He has very bushy eyebrows.

Weapon: He uses a Celestial Bronze sickle. He calls it his sling blade, it resembles the weapons used by Egyptians, but shorter. He also is a fan of using his bare hands in situations where he can. He found it in the burn remains of his mothers belongings with no clue as to how it got there, how his mother got it, or why she had it. While he was running, he used the power he had to make it materialize to keep it hidden, and yet still on him.

Armor: He normally wears no armor, except a thick leather jacket he wears constantly and a pair of steel-toed work boots. When forced to he wears a set of lightweight silver colored chain-mail with gold and red colored trim. He also found this in his mothers belongings, but it was a family heirloom tracing back to his ancient lineage in Russia. It looks very similar to viking armor. He refuses to wear a helmet, as he wants his enemies to see his face as he fights them.

Pet(s): He has a pet Siberian husky he smuggled over here from Russia when they left. They have been together most of his life.

Skills/Talents: Nikolai is very good at hand to hand combat. He is also a skilled talker, and very manipulative. He could sell you your pants as you were wearing them. He is an expert with his Sling Blade, due to many fights, (combat with a short blade is very similar to boxing, so much so that the marines teach boxing techniques so as to teach them to use their K-Bars) also it is common in the mines, the miners use them to hack off limbs if they ever get stuck under something. His fighting ability, along with his family's extensive history, and him living in a mining town for the early years of his life, he has an extensive knowledge of how to use his sickle in combat. Also an amazing leader on the battlefield, he knows his strategy.

Flaws :He has a terrible temper when upset. He is known to use people to get what he wants. And while very handsome, he doesn't think so himself. He also has severe separation issues on account of losing his mother and, so if he gets attached he will be needy, and not let go. But he hardly ever gets attached.

Strengths: Fiercely loyal no matter what. Family, Friends, Country, Innocents and the mission. In that order. He is not on the list. He will complete what he starts and never starts something he can't complete. He is a master at disappearing from the books, and from the eye of the powerful. He is also great at making you do whatever he wants you to do, and believing whatever he wants you to believe.

Weaknesses:  He cares about those around him, but not himself. He will complete the mission no matter what. Doesn't know when to give up. Very stubborn. Has no skill with any weapon but his own. He is also
    disliked, even hated by many people. Many find him hard to trust because he never opens up to anyone.

Likes: War movies, guns, fistfights, his husky, his homeland (and misses it constantly), Videogames, and violence. Female company, Card games, and teaching others his skills. Also whenever he completes a goal or a mission.

Dislikes: All vegetables, hippies, Chick flicks, and anti gun laws. He also hates any authority figure because of the oppression he suffered while in Russia.

Fears: He is afraid of losing those he cares about, making them dislike him, or getting them hurt. To the point he will sacrifice himself even when there are sometime other options.

Personality: Nikolai hates authority. He is a true rebel and is very bitter over the fact that he lost everything because of his powers and lineage. He is perpetually angry, although he hides it behind his infectious smile. He is charming, and seemingly open, but absolutely full of secrets. He hates himself, and finds it hard to truly trust anyone, even himself. He loves fighting, but not because he loves to harm others, but because he knows one of these times he will lose as he lost his will to live. To his friends his is powerful and caring. Though everyone knows of him, and his reputation… His friends are few and far between. He can and will make you love him, but he loves very few people in return. Count yourself lucky to be within that circle, because he will give what little he has, all of it, for them. If you’re his enemy, run, he is practically fueled by his need for revenge, to the point where it consumes him more and more each day.

Abilities: He is a master at using his sickle/sling blade, and also at hand to hand combat.  He also can build muscle mass 30% faster than average.

Powers: He has the power to materialize his sickle/sling blade appear in his hand whenever he needs it, also he can double his strength, but it saps his energy greatly and reverts back to normal 10 posts later. He must wait 100 posts to use it again.

Social Status: All know of him. Few truly know him, and many who think they do are sorely mistaken.
    Seemingly popular, he is a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

Summer or Year Rounder: Year Rounder

Years at Camp: New, he arrived in the depths of winter with nothing but his sickle, attire, and his husky at his side.

Life Before Camp: His mother told him the truth when he started getting into fights after coming to America. He has always been one for violence, but it was easier for him to get by with it in Russia. His family had all died except him and his mother, and possibly his uncle. The majority were worked to death in the Siberian mines. Nikolai narrowly escaped the same fate when him and his mother fled to the U.S.. His mother died in a "freak fire" soon after she told him of his father. He blames himself for her death, thinking he could have done more. He spent 8 years moving around after she died, so he could avoid being put into the legal system. He is an illegal immigrant, so he must always avoid the law. By bouncing from town to town, he stayed one step ahead of the municipality, and whenever he entered a new town he would use whatever funds he had on him to either use a laundromat or buy himself a new set of underclothes. Frequently wearing a simple white T-shirt and a pair of jeans, he used funds from the life he was living to maintain his hygiene, although you would frequently find him in the company of criminals, or the homeless. He is finishing his moms work looking for his only surviving kin, his uncle Karel. He may or may not still be alive, he has only heard rumors that Karel made it to the U.S. and has no information except that he is alive, and has a family. He came here after meeting a demigod (They met while moving in the same direction, because the other demigod had caught a glimpse of his sickle and began to question where Nikolai got it. At which point Nikolai, on purpose, let slip hints as to what his mother had told him about his father., and that he was searching for his uncle) who told him, without truly revealing any details about himself, that he could use the camp as a safe zone, that there were others like him, and that he may find some detail as to where his uncle is. He didn't catch his name, but he got the location and made his way here as fast as possible.

Role-playing Example: “I swear on my father, if you don’t get lost in the next 10 seconds, I’ll rip off your bloodydamn head and use it to decorate my tent.” / He smiles, drawing his blade. “Don’t you think it would be a good idea if you got back in the practice ring? I think you could learn a few things still.”

Notes: Constantly haunted by his mother, whom he regrets not doing more to save, he hates himself for what happened, but believes maybe there is something left for him and he can find it here. For those who can look past his outer appearance it is easy to see he has something to hide, and many find it hard to trust him. He has been hiding for 8 years, and over that time has become very aware of the world around him, and knows almost exactly what is going on around him at any instant. Nikolai has an uncle he knows very little of. He served with his mother in the mines, but disappeared when Nikolai was a small baby. His mother seemed to think he came to America as well. She was hoping to find him, but never did.  He wants to know if he truly is the only surviving member of the Peterenkenov line. His name was Karel Peterenkenov. Nikolai's pet peeve is when people mispronounce his last name. He kept his husky hidden by, when entering a new town, he would enter him into the pound on the pretense of a couple days of vacation (he only stayed in one town a few days).

Last edited by Nikolai36969531 on 12/10/2015, 9:46 pm; edited 14 times in total
    MasterFane
    MasterFane

Male
    Number of posts : 15
    Registration date : 2015-12-02

Nikolai Peterenkenov, Son of Ares Empty Re: Nikolai Peterenkenov, Son of Ares

Post by MasterFane 12/10/2015, 11:49 am

Yay, Niko!!!
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 11:51 am

Hallo, comrade!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 12/10/2015, 1:41 pm

Would you like this judged as a detailed (for a drachma reward) or regular form? For now, I'll be pointing out the more obvious things you need to correct.

I'm gonna say no to the Russian government wanting to hunt him for his "skills." This isn't an action movie. The Spetsnaz hunting him and his mom down to kill or capture one/both of them would also be a no.

No to the silver eyes; his eye color must be natural. You can say he wears silver contact lenses though.

No to the wolf.

Abilities:
    - Disappearing "from the books" and lying/manipulating people wouldn't count as abilities since these are skills, not things he would have inherited from Ares.

Powers:
    - No to the killing power and the wolf-related ones.

LBC:
    - This needs to be at least 5 sentences long if you're aiming for a regular form, or 10 if you want a drachma reward for a detailed form.
    - You need to tell us how he got to camp.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 5:52 pm

My eyes in real life are a very bright gray, many people describe them as silver. The eyes I gave him are very much my own. Other than that, ill get right on it. I think i fixed everything.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/10/2015, 7:27 pm

You didn't answer my question about whether or not you want the reward for the form.

He's going to need armor -- for CTF or for war battles. He doesn't necessarily need to use it all the time, but nobody sane would let him into battle wearing a thick leather jacket and steel-toed boots as "armor."

Abilities:
    - I'm going to say no to his wounds healing faster than normal from battle. Ares isn't a healing god.
    - How much quicker than normal can he build muscle mass?

Powers:
    - How far can his weapon be at most from him in order for him to be able to summon it?
    - Define how strong he is usually (ex: how much weight he can lift).
    - You're going to need to define in number of posts how long he can use this strength boost and how long he has to wait in between uses of this power (and maybe how many times per topic he can use this power).

You say he arrived at camp in winter with his sickle.... Where did he attain a Celestial bronze sickle? Those aren't exactly just lying around in the streets or in weapon shops.

LBC:
    - How old was he when he and his mom went to the US?
    - How did Nikolai and his mom get out of Russia?
    - Elaborate more on his life both in Russia and when he first got to the US with his mom.
    - How old was he when his mom died?
    - .... Did something unnatural cause the fire that killed his mom? If so, what?
    - Where was he when she died, and what places did he go to after that?
    - I'm going to say no to Nikolai having a dream about camp -- have him be found by a satyr or by another demigod and brought to camp.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 7:53 pm

Third times the charm! Check it again when you get the chance please?
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Post by Josh 12/10/2015, 8:05 pm

How did the other demigod know this kid was a demigod?

And how did he keep evading the law for so long? Surely someone is going to question a young kid out on his own with a dog constantly, who would begin to smell with the same sorta clothes and always on the move.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 8:43 pm

Fourth time then eh? Ready when you are.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 12/10/2015, 9:36 pm

Where did he originally acquire the sickel from? And training with it before camp would be more difficult for him, as he couldn't just have it out in front of other people. It would attract more attention to him.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 9:38 pm

He simply found it in his mothers belongings, he has no idea where it is from or how she got it. it wasnt his, and he didnt know she had it.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 12/10/2015, 9:40 pm

Also, for the eyes, we only allow natural eye colours.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 9:48 pm

i said it in a comment before, my own personal eyes are a very bright gray, or many say a silver. with a gold band through them. if you need proof, i will try to provide it, or possibly a witness to it. i promise to you that is a natural color, as i have that color in real life. Go for number 5?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 12/10/2015, 10:36 pm

It's probably better you call it a bright/light gray then, because "silver" tends to be associated more with funky supernatural stuff.

You still need to answer my question about whether or not you want a reward for this or not. (If you don't answer it after this time I'm just gonna assume no.)

I'm going to say no to his finding the sickle with his mom's stuff.

Armor:
    - Is his armor made of regular metal, like steel or such?
    - How old is it?
    - How was a 9 year old wandering around with armor? I'd imagine someone would find it extremely suspicious he was carrying something very heavy around constantly.

Abilities:
    - I'm gonna say no to him building 30% muscle mass faster than average. I'd cut it off around 5-10%.

Powers:
    - You didn't answer my question about how far he can be from his weapon at most in order to summon it.
    - ... I think 100 posts' cooldown is a bit excessive?
    - If you answered my question about how strong he normally in another section, you should also make a note of it in the Powers section.
    - 10 posts for doubled strength is too much. I'd allow 5 posts at most.

LBC:
    - If you answered most of my questions but didn't put them in the LBC, please move them to this section. There is a reason why I organized my questions under the LBC.
    - I don't think you answered my question about how they escaped Russia nor about his life in Russia and when he first got to the US. (If you did -- see my first note for this section.)
    - Also, refer to my note about his weapon.
    Nikolai36969531
    Nikolai36969531

Male

Post by Nikolai36969531 12/10/2015, 11:56 pm

apologies, it says yes i would like the reward in the subject. i didnt realize it didnt show it. ill finish this tomorrow
    Josh
    The Genius

Male

Post by Josh 12/11/2015, 8:41 am

And for the eyes then, as Kenny said, change it to Grey. And I'd recommend adding that he has central heterochromia (the actual name for this condition that you have) just so people are aware that it is a thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 7:37 pm