A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Moreen's bunk

obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female
    Number of posts : 33
    Registration date : 2016-03-23

Moreen's bunk Empty Moreen's bunk

Post by obsessivefan 3/27/2016, 8:11 pm

I rifled  through my stuff, looking for something, but not quite sure what I was trying to find. It was the first time in my life I had ever been scared of a new place, but Camp Half-Blood was different. For starters, the climbing wall looked deadly. With all the boulders and honest-to-goodness lava, it was probably safer to let go halfway up. Then there were the other campers. Everyone could turn me into a little pile of ash without a second thought.  I took a deep breath as I found a picture at the bottom of my backpack. It was my mother and I at my last birthday party. It was also the day one of my friends announced "Guess what! All those stories about gods doing horrible horrible things to people are real and you're the daughter of one and these aren't furry pants, I'm part goat!" Okay, I'm paraphrasing, but that's pretty much what he said. Then my mom backed him up, said that Dad was the god of bad poetry and healing and he ditched her for some pretty lady right after she had me, then said I should stay HERE year round and... Moreen, calm down. You can't freak out, people will see. You  have to look happy. You need to be happy. Just put the picture away, and you'll be fine. I sighed and put the offending photo back in the bottom of my backpack, then turned over in my bunk.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Moreen's bunk Empty Re: Moreen's bunk

Post by Morgan Landry 3/28/2016, 4:57 am

Jana Kay knocked on the door. "Moreen?" The girl was new to camp and had been claimed the day before, giving Jana just enough time to prepare a cake for her.
    That was something she loved to do: give new campers cake. She knew how overwhelming all of this was, a lot of them were nervous if not downright scared, and a cake always helped feeling welcomed.

This one was a creamy, double layer strawberry cake, decorated with drizzled white chocolate. It had taken her a good part of the morning to make it, and she was proud of it -- she loved cooking anyway.

OOC: She's 14, tall for her age, very skinny, with long blonde hair, green eyes, an orange camp shirt and Bermuda shorts. She's got purple crocus bracelets and mismatched flip flops.
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 3/30/2016, 12:18 pm

Before I could start feeling too sorry for myself, a girl walked in holding something. I sniffed the air. Was that...cake? I grinned at the cake-I mean the girl,"Yeah, that's me. Is that cake? May I have some?" Without waiting for an answer, I grabbed the chocolate covered perfection and put it on the nightstand, looking for something to serve it with, "By the way, what's your name?"

Last edited by obsessivefan on 4/1/2016, 7:14 am; edited 1 time in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/30/2016, 5:43 pm

"Here you go, it's all for you," she beamed, happy that Moreen seemed to like it. "I made it myself!" The Scottish girl happily arranged the crocus bracelets up her arms and glanced around the Apollo cabin -- everything was stylish and artistic. The bunk beds were golden yellow and instruments hung all over the wall, both wood and metal gleaming as if they were cleaned every day. Sunlight was shining in through the skylight and happy music swung around in the background. Hold up. Was that rockabilly? Jana Kay loved rockabilly, it was her favourite dance with rock'n'roll and ceilidh.
    Moreen had put the cake on the nightstand, looking around. "Oh, I'm called Jana Kay," she said with a smile. "I'm the daughter of Demeter."

OOC: The music in the Apollo cabin is designed to be whatever the hearer wants to hear. A bit like how Aphrodite looks different to each and everyone.
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 3/30/2016, 9:02 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Jana! Thanks for the cake," I finally gave up the search for utensils and just broke off a piece of cake, shoving into my mouth. It was DELICIOUS! I offered another piece to Jana Kay,"Hey, do want some? You're a great cake chef!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 3/31/2016, 6:14 pm

"Thank you! So happy you like it!" She took a slice and chewed slowly. The cake was velvety, a real pillow melting on her tongue. Her expert taste buds focused in turn on the fruits, the chocolate, the cinnamon, and the other little things she had added in to make it as good as possible. "Where are you from by the way?"
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 4/2/2016, 6:12 am

"Queens. What about you? Where did you learn to bake like that?" Yep, I was still thinking about cake. My friends back home joked that my thought process went food food food friends food food OH LOOK, A BUNNY! That wasn't true. It was more like food food food        food-related activities with friends food food OH LOOK, RABBIT STEW!

Last edited by obsessivefan on 7/17/2016, 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
    darcythedemigod7

Female
    Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2016-03-31

Post by darcythedemigod7 4/2/2016, 6:25 am

Darcy walked in, sweeping over to the two girls with grace. "I heard there was cake, my dears." She smiled sweetly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/2/2016, 4:15 pm

"Stirling, Scotland," she replied. "Oh and um... I didn't really learn, I just sort of wing it. It's all a question of feeling, you know?" Suddenly she heard a familiar voice behind her and turned to see her new friend Darcy from the Aphrodite cabin. "Oh hey Darcy! How are you?"
    darcythedemigod7

Female
    Number of posts : 251
    Registration date : 2016-03-31

Post by darcythedemigod7 4/2/2016, 7:31 pm

'I'm good. Thank you for asking.' She smiled sweetly.
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 4/3/2016, 7:02 am

"Hey! Um…Darcy, was it? Just help yourself, there's plenty of cake!" I said, still shoving cake in my mouth, "I can't find any utensils, though."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 4/3/2016, 5:05 pm

"Just eat with your fingers," Jana Kay shrugged with a smile, still eating her own slice.
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 4/6/2016, 6:51 am

I handed a chunk of the cake to Darcy."Here you go!"
    obsessivefan
    obsessivefan

Female

Post by obsessivefan 7/17/2016, 10:03 am

Once Darcy was served I sat down for a minute. There was something I had wanted to ask someone but I couldn't quite remember…Oh yeah! "Could one of you please show me around, I'm still not quite sure what I'm supposed to do now that I'm here. Also, where are the speakers? I can hear "White and Nerdy" playing, but I don't know where it's coming from."

OOC: Sorry for not posting in so long, I got wrapped up in studying for the Regents and forgot to come over here. Luckily it's summer now so I can post more often!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 5:23 pm