A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus

The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3262
    Registration date : 2014-12-18

Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus  Empty Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/26/2016, 6:25 am

Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus  Vqthls
    Name: Ashton Purdy nicknames are Ash or “The Deviant”
    Eyes: brown
    Hair: black
    Height: 5’8”
    Body Type: fit
    Skin Color: tan
    God Parent: Hephaestus-God of metalworking, building, sculpture, and artistry.
    Mortal Parent: Sarah Purdy [deceased]
    Country of Origin: USA
    Pets: White Pomeranian male named Tokyo and a female Shiba Inu named Fox. He also has a mechanical dragon (using my GP Gift), which he made, that flies around with him a lot. His name is Gizmo and he has a voice box as well, something Ash had to get his older sibling to make, that can say actual human words but more often than not he refuse to talk to people he doesn’t really know. Gizmo is about three feet snout to tail and stands at one and a half feet tall at the top of his head.
    Spoiler:
    Talents: Fashion design, song writing/mixing, singing, plays bass guitar and acoustic as well as electric guitar and piano, he also likes to dabble in skateboarding. A talent he discovered when at camp though was he has a knack for making mechanical creatures and thanks to a little help form the Hecate kids he created a way to give some of them their own consciousness, like AI.
    Weapon**: Special made sword in Celestial Bronze that requires two hands to use, Ash also uses twin swords for quicker attacking as well as claws he wears as gauntlets, his fingers can move freely but the ‘claws’ are stationary and five inches in length and the three spikes on the forearm are an inch in length. All of these, much like Andy’s weapons, can transform into tattoos that appear on his left forearm which were bound to do so thanks to the same magic and demigod that Andy went to for his.
    Spoiler:
    Personality: Ashton, or Ash as he prefers it, loves to dress up in whatever stylish clothes he has or can get his hands on, sticking to the more artistry side of his father’s powers rather than the metal working like most of his siblings. He has this natural aura of being a friendly, though sometimes very flirty. With that though comes his love of partying and that has lead to him drinking more than normal people would but not nearly as much as Exy or the Dionysus kids. He’s not a super fitness junkie but he does enjoy working out and doing so with others is always more fun for the demigod. He’s not really afraid to be himself in his dress and words either, making him for a nice and confident young adult. He’s also sort of a goofball, he loves to joke around and have a nice time but he knows when the time calls for him to be serious and very much like an adult.
    Flaws: Ashton drink alcohol almost like it’s water but does know when enough is enough, his poison of choice; Jack Daniels. Apart from the alcohol he cannot stand close minded people when it comes to things like religion or sexuality and such, with his best friend being a pansexual as well he is very supportive. When he was seven Ash decided it would be a good idea to try and hold his hands directly over the fire to warm them because it was a cold night. Well the dumb kid left his hands over the fire for two long and got burned badly and now he has burn scars on the palms of his hands. It doesn’t usually hurt but every now and then it flares up and he has to either tough it out or take a few pain pills to make it subside.
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Telepathy with Donkeys and Cranes. Resistance to strong heat of 500 degrees, which means he loooooves to go to the beach and the summer in general more often than not shirtless and shoe less too. Ash has this really cool ability, thanks to the artistry of his father, to be able to see a design or how to build something, as well as take it apart, by simply looking at it. Enchanted things get a bit difficult to look at if its more than a binging spell for demigods or like Andy’s ability to turn his weapons into tattoos on his skin for transporting them.
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Metal Warping- Just because he likes fashion doesn’t mean Ashton isn’t a good metal worker. His hands can heat up to the temperature needed to begin warping metal and, when placed on enemy armor or weapons, they do just that. His hands stay heated for two posts and the warping is just simple bending to the metal, just enough to weaken its state. He has to wait a minimum of six before redoing this.
    Flames of the Forge- With the snap of his fingers the son of Hephaestus can cause an explosion of fire that burn as hot as the forges his siblings and him work with. He can use this to restart a forge or heat it to the right temperature and the effect is instantaneous (this can also be used on a dozen normal sized candles). He has to wait four posts before doing this again and can only do it twice a topic.
    Life Before Camp*: Born in Texas, Ashton’s parents died in a car accident when he was only a few years old and moved with his grandparents to LA to live and grow up. Ashton was a popular kid in school and loved going around to talk with the girls in his school, flirting and trying to hook up with them as much as he could. It wasn’t until his freshman year of high school that he really got into the whole hooking up with others and from then on everything fell into the category of ‘typical popular teen’, which is really what he was. He got good grades but loved to party so he had the best of both world, literally nothing could have made it better. Then he met Andy. Andy was in the same grade as him and during the summer of their sophomore year they decided to gather a few friends and made a band called “Fallen Angels” and they were a hit in school. All through sophomore year they played at the pep assemblies and even went on to win Battle of the Bands at their school. During spring break of their junior year the band got a chance to play a gig for Andy’s cousins party and took a drive to the location.

Ash wasn’t able to go in the car with the rest of the band because of a family issue, his grandmother didn’t want him to go alone on the road, so he had to stay home an extra day and talk her into letting him go. He shipped out the next day but that’s when he heard the news. His band’s van was torn to pieces and there was blood found on the scene. Pulling over to the side of the road Ash called Andy as fast as lightning and was relieved to hear him pick up the phone. He said everything was alright and he was safe as well as their other band mate. He said the gig was canceled and he was taking a much needed vacation to Long Island so he would be out of touch for a few weeks. Ash hung up and didn’t hear a thing from him for two weeks, just like he said. Then he saw Andy as his doorstep one day after school had let out and Marcus as well. He invited them in but was disappointed to hear he couldn’t stay long. Marcus checked an old school watched he pulled from his pocket and nodded to Andy. That’s when he sat Ash down on the couch and began explaining the details of what happened that night and everything that followed. He explained that the watch Marcus had measured magical power and his power met that of a standard demigod, going on to explain what a demigod was even.

Marcus explained that the reason he never really got hot or sweaty when in hot climate was because of that factor and mentioned his god parent being either the god of metalworking or someone who was affiliated with the sun. Ash took it all as a joke but stopped laughing once Marcus revealed his goat hindquarters. From there he had the two old band members explain everything again and soaked everything in, mentioning his one time encounter where they were at the zoo and he thought he heard a voice near the Cranes. Marcus and Andy convinced him to come to the camp they were at but agreed to wait for his grandmother to get home and explain to her. After that long confrontation that lasted till the dawn of the next day Ash was in a car with Marcus and Andy to the LA airport and boarded the first flight to NYC. From there they took the chariot of Damnation, the best ride of Ashton’s life he would later claim, and arrived at camp with no complications, something Marcus said was because of how fast they acted after telling Ash. The band still lives at CHB too.
    RP Example*:  n/a
    Any notes about your characters: all the ink!

Last edited by The Cheshire Cat on 5/12/2016, 2:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus  Empty Re: Ashton Purdy; Son of Hephaestus

Post by Belle 4/26/2016, 4:03 pm

Pets:
    You are not allowed a mechanical dragon.

so in regards to that, fix the spots where the mechanical dragon comes up in other sections. Please.

Weapons:

The weapons going back onto his arms like tattoos, I will have to say no. If you use a gp gift, I may considered the idea.

Fix those for now, and further revisions will be made after.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/26/2016, 7:54 pm

-But it's not a pet, its litterally something he made from metal. I just didn't know where to put it so i stuck it in the pets section. If push comes to shove I'll just use my GP Gift for Gizmo.

-The weapon thing I already know is allowed because Andy has it for his form (I think kenny and i talked about it there.)
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Post by Belle 4/26/2016, 9:58 pm

Doesn't matter. Also each approver has their own set of standards that still follows the guidelines in approving a character form.

The tattoo and weapon thing I see more of being a thing a child of Ares or Bellona (other war like gods and goddesses having.) or perhaps even a child of Hecate. It's not really something a child of Hephaestus would have unless it was a god parent gift. That's where I'm at.

As for the mechanical dragon, your weapon/pet isn't an acceptable possession for your character.

You may ask another approver to look at your form however. (I've also been checking in with Manda on what she would and would not approve since I'm a bit rusty.)
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/26/2016, 10:02 pm

-the tattoo thing was done by a Hecate just on Ashton. That's why I'm confused about it. I know Hephaestus couldn't do it but Andy was a Hecate who had it done by an older one as well which was why i said that.

-Wouldn't a GP gift cover it though? It's a metal structure that was made.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female
    Number of posts : 2302
    Registration date : 2014-12-31

Post by Kwacken 4/26/2016, 10:22 pm

The dragon could be allowed using a GP gift. However, I am not inclined for him to be able to shoot fire AND speak human words, even as a GP gift. PIck one of the two.

Also, the tattoos as weapons should be a GP gift. Our criteria set out for approving states that weapons can change into something else to due to the mist, but I am 100% disinclined to allow it to be changed into something permanently tattooed into the skin(and therefore magically unable to be used by anyone else) without it being magic. And if it's magic, it's a GP gift.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/26/2016, 11:55 pm

EDITED

-No like the the weapon can form into a tattoo on his skin but it was always a weapon first. He and Andy both got it done since they have sleeves of tattoos and it would be easier than wearing a charm or having to remember to bring something with them wherever they went. It can be used by other people, the weapons just have to be out in a physical form.
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/26/2016, 11:58 pm

If the weapon cannot be activated by another person it requires a GP gift.
    The Cheshire Cat
    The Cheshire Cat
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by The Cheshire Cat 4/27/2016, 12:02 am

-I mean it can be, they just have to know where the weapon tattoo is amongst the hundreds of others because you have to press down there to retrieve it. It can totally be taken by someone like any other weapon disguised for out of camp use, i just made then tattoos instead of a different object
    Kwacken
    Kwacken

Female

Post by Kwacken 4/27/2016, 12:27 am

I'm standing firm on this. Tattoo sword has to be a GP gift.

Feel free to make it a non-tattoo object that someone else can readily get their hands on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 12:32 pm