A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

Campfire sing alongs!

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Campfire sing alongs!  Empty Campfire sing alongs!

Post by Morgan Landry 5/9/2016, 6:47 am

Dayami was sitting with the other Hermes campers in the Amphitheater, singing along to the classic campfire songs: This Land is Minos' land, Down by the Aegean, etc. The flames were glowing shades of golden and yellow, crackling high in the sky, which meant the mood was excellent tonight. Marshmallows were happily roasting on the side, handed out on skewers to the campers, and Dayami was stuffing her face with the hot gooey delights.

"When Theseus came back from Crete, from Crete," she sang, "there were no more enemies for him to beat, to beat, ..."

She didn't know all of the lyrics but was learning fast. Dressed in an orange shirt and denim shorts, her good old boots at her feet, she was rocking from side to side with the song as the Apollo children riffed away on their lyres. Her black hair was curling down her shoulder blades, for once not in a ponytail, and the flicking of the flames was casting a changing game of light and shadows on her copper skin. Cracking a grin, she was singing louder than others -- not particularly better, but louder.
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1520
    Registration date : 2015-10-06

Campfire sing alongs!  Empty Re: Campfire sing alongs!

Post by Rick Sanchez 5/9/2016, 9:57 am

OOC: Is this topic open, Mo? :) And also, can a guitar be played at the sing along? (matches the tune)
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/15/2016, 6:58 pm

OOC: I was waiting for Jin to hop in but I think pretty much anyone can post. It is an open topic. So go ahead. :)
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 5/15/2016, 8:10 pm

Jack knew he was terrible at singing. Sure, it sounded good when he played anything from 1955 beyond. But this was a 3000-year-old piece. He couldn't remember the lines but for some reason he remembered the notes. Thus he brought the bass with him.

While everyone was singing around him, he played the songs on his bass. It blended easily into the singing and somewhat harmonize with the lyres. It didn't ruin the song, fortunately. He hummed the notes quietly as the song progresses. When the song came to an end, Jack clapped his hand, only sarcastically.

Last edited by Khan on 5/20/2016, 6:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Post by redline2400 5/15/2016, 8:19 pm

Ryan was at the fire, sitting with the rest of the Ares cabin. After a long day of training and fighting and giving some newbie their mandatory swirly, it was nice to sit around with the rest of his half-siblings and kinda/sorta/not really sing along.

On the other end of the spectrum, there was Julien. He was sitting with the rest of the Nike cabin, belting out the lyrics as if he was on a karaoke machine. Of course, it was all a ruse - by the time the fire died down, he was going to sneak out to the garage nearby and take his Subaru out to the Hamptons. Some punk with their daddy's Ferrari challenged him last week, and there was no way he wouldn't make rich kid No. 7735 eat his words. Besides, the prize was $1,000; not a bad wager there.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/16/2016, 8:26 am

Dayami kept singing quite loudly, sitting in the middle of her cabin mates. All of them were on the stone bleachers underneath an olive canopy embroidered with a large white caduceus -- all the cabins had their own. Over there, the golden canopy of the Apollo cabin shimmered in the flames, though most of the cabin 7 campers were skipping around the campfire, leading the singing. A vivid red canopy stretched over a bunch of brawny kids whose weapons gave occasional glints here and there. After squinting, Dayami recognized Ryan somewhere in the bunch.

The Hermes cabin was quite full tonight, as they had gotten a pair of new unclaimed. Dayami was sitting between Jin and Cecil, right in front of the Stoll brothers (not exactly a strategically smart place). Lee and Neiva were fiddling with chocolate wrappers, winking at each other, while a few unclaimed tried to keep up with the lyrics.

Looking down after a few minutes, Dayami saw that the marshmallows she had put on the fire were ready to be taken, so she stood up and started making her way down the stairs of the bleachers. (Or the klimakes if you want the ancient Greek term.)
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male
    Number of posts : 175
    Registration date : 2015-12-09

Post by Jinjaku 5/17/2016, 12:33 pm

OOC: Sorry for such a late reply, been busy with college.

BIC: As the singing came to an end, Jin couldn't be more happier any more and his ears would've burst, seriously who knew most demi-gods are such bad singers. Clapping sarcasticaly he noticed he wasn't the only one as he spotted another boy in the Nike cabin clapping but you could tell by the lack of enthuisiam in his claps that they werent out of joy like the rest of the camps.

As he saw Dayami get up and make her way down the klimakes, he raised an eyebrow wondering where she was off too before getting up in order to follow, if he was gonna hang with anyone then he would hang around the only tolerable person in the camp not that he would ever tell her so. And with that he caught up with her with his long strides walking side by side with her almost silently like a ghost. With each step his footsteps seemed almost non existent except for the very faint sound of his soles hitting the klimakes below.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/17/2016, 2:42 pm

"Oh hey Jin! Getting some marshmallows too?" the Filipina asked with a big grin. "Good on you. Roasted smores are just my favourite thing in the world. Know what's really fantastic? When you take smores and put them in pancakes with nutella and strawberries, and then you wrap it up, and--"

She was so busy talking that she missed a step and lost her balance. She felt all the eyes on her as she toppled forward, hit the stairs, and started rolling down like a burrito.
    Normally when that happened, people laughed, maybe clapped. A few would rush forward to see if she was alright, but only a few. However the way Dayami fell had been so goofy, so silly, so simply comical, that the whole amphitheater erupted with booming laughter. It was so loud that it echoed around the stone bleachers like thunder; even Chiron was stiffling a chuckle, his eyes watering.
    Dayami eventually came to a stop, red-faced, not even feeling the scratches on her body. She was so busy laughing with all the rest that her tummy hurt.

Suddenly, a few people grew quiet, some pointing at something over her head. Dayami looked up. A golden hologram was floating above her, bathing her face in warm light. It represented a comedy mask, one of those happy theater masks she had seen in masquerade pictures. Dayami watched, her mouth hanging open, as the hologram twirled slowly above her head.

"Hail to you, Dayami Yujenco," Chiron panted, wiping the corner of his eyes, "daughter of Thalia!"
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 5/19/2016, 12:23 pm

"Oh hey Jin! Getting some marshmallows too?" Tilting his head in momentarily confusion, before he spotted the marshmellow on her stick, *Ahh thats what she was getting at, pshh marshmallows, wouldn't be caught dead eating those, but then doesn't mean anyone has to catch me eating them do they* his thoughts brought a quick and unnoticeable grin to his face before it turned back to it's neutral postion.

As he continued walking, momenterily stopping as Dayami rolled down the stairs in a humours manner causing laugher to erupt around the  amphitheater, as he watched these chain of events occur, all he could do was shake his head and blink at her antics. As she came to a stop the laughter came to  halt as everyone witnessed a golden hologram hover above her head.

*Hmm I wonder who her parent is* As he was lost in thought Chiron's voice brought him back as the legendary icon's voice boomed around the amphitheater.
    "Hail to you, Dayami Yujenco,"  daughter of Thalia!" Blinking was the only sign of shock that Jin displayed, "Okay was not expecting that" he mumbled.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/20/2016, 6:27 am

Dayami scrambled back to her feet. The comical mask soon faded, leaving her with a crown of ivy on her head. Dayami took it off, examined it, then put it back on. "Who's Thalia?" She asked the first person she could, quite bewildered.

"She's the Muse of comedy!"

"Oh!"

A large smile spread on her face. The Muse of comedy! This fit perfectly!! Ever since she was eight, she had started a 'Joke Book' in which she wrote down all the jokes she found funny, those she found, those she invented. She loved stand-up comedians. Her DVD library was filled with comedies. Puns were her reason to be. Of course Thalia was her mother!

Having grabbed her roasted marshmallows, she hopped up the stairs towards Jin. The tall African-Asian guy was standing there looking quite unimpressed, as he always did, his

"My mom is Thalia!" she said, all excited. "She claimed me! This is the best day of my life!"
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 5/20/2016, 6:51 am

Among them, perhaps Jack and a few grumpy Ares/Deimos/Phobos Cabin members didn't grin or smirk at all. "Thalia, the Muse of comedy." he mused (pun intended). "Big deal." he muttered under his breath. Then he decided to try and troll them with a little piece he'd been practicing and played "The Imperial March" rather loudly, and quicker than he'd expected when he tried to troll the entire Amphitheater. And here comes the 'What the fck', 'What the fck are you doing', 'Throw that fcking thing away', 'Kill it', 'Kill him', 'Hai', 'Stop playing that'. He prepared himself with harasses. And if Chiron interfered then he guessed he can just pack his bag and go home.

In hopefully better scenarios, a certain somebody might find it hilarious and he would go home with all limbs.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 5/21/2016, 12:09 pm

Watching Dayami's face lit up at the fact that she had been claimed by her parent, which is in fact an important event in a demi-god's life as a lot of them aren't always claimed. He couldn't help but feel slightly happy for her even though it didn't show on his features whatsoever.

Just as Dayami was hopping up each step in order to reach him faster, "The Imperial March" could be heard around the Amphitheater. "Huh the timing couldn't have been more better", he said to himself and to anyone who had heard him as the beat of the tune were in perfect sync with Dayami's footsteps as she made her way closer towards Jin.

Looking at her as she stopped right in front of him slightly bouncing on her feet in excitement, he noticed the wide grin etched on her face, just as he was about to ask what she had wanted as they had been staring at each other for a few seconds, she spoke.

"My mom is Thalia!", "She claimed me! This is the best day of my life!" Were the words that she said, with clear happiness and a hint of awe could also be heard. The happiness that radiated from her was enough to get a small grin from Jin and the action that proceeded the grin was enough to shock even him and left the whole Amphitheater shocked and speechless, even Chiron as he bent down and hugged Dayami for what seemed like 0.5 seconds but still lasted long enough for everyone to see.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/21/2016, 7:07 pm

Dayami was all taken by the attention, like her perimeter was in the spotlight. She was speechless by Chiron, but frankly, the small smile on Jin's face seemed like an illusion. Jin never smiled. People had told her that a few times, and she had noticed it herself. Only time she had seen a flimmer of a smile was when she had given him the hazelnut-caramel cookie two days ago.

"Wow," she whispered, giving him a friendly tap on the arm as they sat back down under the Hermes canopy. "You almost looked happy right there. Even if it was just for like, a microsecond."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 5/22/2016, 6:48 am; edited 1 time in total
    Rick Sanchez
    Rick Sanchez
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Rick Sanchez 5/22/2016, 2:36 am

Jack stopped playing the Imperial March as soon as the new claimed daughter of Thalia sat down. Then he decided to troll the Amphitheater again. When everything began to silence, he grabbed his bass and swiftly played the bass cover for "Spirits in the Sky"

When I die and they lay me to rest
    Gonna go to the place that's the best
    When they lay me down to die
    Goin' up to the spirits in the sky
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 5/27/2016, 6:02 pm

Looking down at the hyperactive girl standing in front of him, he rolled his eyes at the exclamation. "Wow." "You almost looked happy right there. Even if it was just for like, a microsecond."

Tch whats that supposed to mean, yeah I dont smile much but now she's making seem like im totally incapable of doing so. He thought to himself briefly before replying.
    "I can smile you know and be happy, it just takes a really special event like your claiming for example. Mother is the Goddess of Misery , kinda hard to be happy all the time, plus i can feel everyone elses misery around me so excuse me for being a tad gloomy all the time" Jin ranted which caused his powers to leak out and affect the campers except for the ones immune to his power, seeing this he took a deep breath before calming down and reigning back his power. His face showed a look of annoyance before it settled back into his normal expression.

"Sorry" was all that was said before Jin turned on his heel and proceeded down the steps trying to get away from the glares he was no recieving from most of the campers in the Amphitheater. As he was walking down a familiar tune started to play.
    Thinking a bit he thught it sounded like "Spirits in the Sky", before his thought was comfirmed as the lyrics were being sung.
    When I die and they lay me to rest
    Gonna go to the place that's the best
    When they lay me down to die
    Goin' up to the spirits in the sky
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/28/2016, 11:34 am

After Jin left, Dayami noticed the flames climbing higher and turning back to bright golden -- they had briefly lost half it's size and turned blue. The singing resumed with more enthusiasm. Everyone seemed mostly relieved that Jin had left the amphitheater. Dayami understood them, but she also felt bad about that. Giving Julia a quick made-up excuse, she stood up and snuck away, making sure no one was looking in her direction. Once safely out of the amphitheater, she started running after the tall silhouette of Jin striding away in the distance.

"Hey!" She panted, half caught up with him. She still had her ivy crown on her head, her hair bouncing against her shoulders.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 6/6/2016, 4:12 pm

"Hey!" He heard being called out behind him. Turning around Jin saw it was Dayami and it looked to him like she had been running in order to catch up to him, if her panting was any indication.

Raising an eyebrow as if to ask her what she wanted, he stood there silently as she caught her breath waiting for her to respond.

OOC: Sorry that it was short, next post will be longer believe it xD
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/7/2016, 8:38 am

OOC: Don't you worry about it ^^ Mine's short too:

BIC: Dayami finally caught up with him and leaned on her knees for a second, catching her breath. "Why'd you leave?" she eventually asked.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 6/7/2016, 3:33 pm

"Why did you leave she asks".Jin said quietly before saying. "I left because it was obvious to me that my prescense wasn't really wanted. Especially after that slip in controlling my powers, Im pretty sure I'll be run out of camp soon enough. And yeah your probably gonna disagree but since when are any children of anything negative well liked."

"Take Hades childen for example, yeah they're accepted but are they well liked though, if something bad were to happen who would be the first blamed. Well let me tell you it would be us the children of anything to do with something deemed evil or negative. " Jin ranted in a loud whisper as he faced her even though he wasn't looking at her eye to eye as if he was embarassed at his emotional outburst.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2016, 3:46 am

"Oh wow," Dayami huffed, putting her fists on her hips. "So just because you think you're not welcome you're going to leave every social gathering you're invited to?" She looked up at him, her eyebrows knitted into an accusing frown. "Stop acting like a victim. And stop being okay with what you just said, because you shouldn't. You're the one who's pushing yourself out, they don't have anything to do with it. What, you think just because you have powers over misery, everyone's going to hate you? They may be part gods, but they're also part human, and humans have empathy." She stopped to take a quick breath. "They're not against you, you're against yourself and you need to stop thinking that way if you ever want to be happy in your life."
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 6/11/2016, 7:19 am

"Tch your pretty snappy for a girl, oh and don't ever speak to me like that again". He replied back before smirking "but your right though, I shouldn't act like a victim or hate myself or my powers, thanks". Jin said in a slightly less cold tone than normal.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/24/2016, 7:01 pm

OOC: Waaaah sorry D:

BIC: "You think that was snappy? Dude, wait till I warm up," Dayami retorted, not very happy with the 'for a girl' part of his statement. "And I'll speak to you however I want. Freedom of speech and all that. We're in the USA, freedom fries, frick yeah. But," she admitted, "glad you agree with what I said." The daughter of Thalia lit up with a smile. "You coming back to the singalongs?" she hopefully asked.
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 7/15/2016, 8:57 am

OOC: OMG I'm so sorry for such a late reply.

BIC: "You think that was snappy? Dude, wait till I warm up." As she said this Jin raised his hands up in the universal sign for surrender.
    "Alright I'm sorry, I was just kidding". Jin deadpanned as he waited for her to calm down, however it was not meant to be as she  continued her rant and explained how it was within her rights to talk to him anyway she wanted. *Sigh.* "Your really lucky your a friend," he muttered before watching her with lidded eyes as he waited for her to stop talking.

"Glad you agree with what I said." Seeing how quickly she changed tones Jin briefly wondered if this was a woman thing or if she was just weird before shrugging, "Well in all honesty, you were talking so much i thought it would be best to just agree." He said with a slight smirk indicating he was just messing with her.  Hearing her question Jin started walking past her towards the amphitheater. "You coming or not?" Jin asked.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/16/2016, 1:01 pm

Dayami blushed a little when he said she was talking too much. A lot of people said that. Even her grandmother did. "Sorry," she said in a small, awkward voice. But then Jin was already walking past her back to the amphitheater and she happily skipped along. This evening was turning out far better than she had expected, which is saying something.

OOC: I feel the topic is pretty much over. Care to do another one?
    Jinjaku
    Jinjaku

Male

Post by Jinjaku 7/16/2016, 5:24 pm

OOC: Hmm your right, and why not I enjoy rping with ya xD

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 10:45 am