A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private) Empty Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private)

Post by redline2400 5/17/2016, 3:33 pm

Ryan wasn't accustom to issuing challenges; he was more often the reciever, taking on a fight simply to humor the other demigod. But this time, Ryan found himself on the other end of the battle planning, setting the time, place, and "rules" for his second sparing with Morgan; the other Hecate girl in his life.

Their last spar was out in the open, attracting an annoying and hostile crowd to their innocent little slashing contest. The two of them mutually hated that, so this round was to be fought in private. Ryan suggested they fight alongside the creek, and Morgan did little to prevent that from becoming the fact.

So now Ryan waited against a tree, looking over the moderately sized waterway ready to take down Morgan. He was prepared this time, his full set of armor placed over his jeans, boots, and camp shirt. He even brought a shield this time.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private) Empty Re: Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/20/2016, 7:52 pm

I walked out of the shadows, wearing my Stygian iron breastplate and Spartan shield. Ryan was leaning against a tree, looking relaxed and collected.

"Hey."

I was dressed in camouflage pants and black tee, my combat boots tipped with metal.

"Normal combat today, right? No powers?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private) Empty Re: Sparing - *NOW WITH ARMOR* (Private)

Post by redline2400 5/20/2016, 8:16 pm

"Yep." Ryan replied, "No powers. And you didn't happen to bring anyone with you, did you?" He was 99% sure Morgan was alone, but the need to ask was still there.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/21/2016, 1:28 pm

Shook my head. "Just Salem," I grinned then walked out of the trees and onto the sand. A beach wasn't my favourite terrain but I knew a few tricks which I could put in practice. Unsheathing my sword, I looked at Ryan. "Do you want me to keep it as a xiphos?"
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 2:43 pm

Ryan laughed at Morgan's response. "Well now you're really putting the pressure on me Morgan." She asked him if he wanted her to keep her sword as a xiphos, and Ryan shook his head in response. "No reason to give you that much of a handicap."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/21/2016, 4:01 pm

"It's not a handicap, it's just fairness," I said. His sword didn't turn into other weapons on command -- right?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/21/2016, 5:09 pm

"Advantage or not, that's just how your weapon is. I could ask you to keep it as a knife, which would technically be as fair as keeping it as a xiphos, but that isn't what your weapon is. It's a knife-xiphos-whip-kopis wombo combo weapon."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2016, 1:39 pm

Shrugging, I looked back at Ryan. "I'll just keep it as a xiphos for now." Then I lowered myself into a fighting stance, holding my blade firmly.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/22/2016, 2:17 pm

"Alright, your call Morgan." Ryan got into a fighting stance. "You wanna make first move?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2016, 3:19 pm

I didn't reply. My stab to his groin was answer enough.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/22/2016, 5:10 pm

Ryan expected she would do something snide, though was caught off guard by the jab to his (*ahem*) junk. He jumped back and out of the way of the stygian iron xiphos, slashing back at Morgan's arms.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2016, 5:17 pm

I swept his blade to the side with my shield and cut down at his shoulder with a circular motion of my sword.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/22/2016, 5:36 pm

The blade hit Ryan's shoulder, prompting him to slash at Morgan's own shoulder.

OOC: What does stygian iron do on contact again? It's been awhile since I've read anything on it.

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/22/2016, 7:37 pm

OOC: Absorbs your soul

BIC: My blade hit his armour and I pulled it out just as Ryan slashed at my shoulder. My shield was too far out and all I could do was lean out, though the celestial bronze cut through the leather of my shoulder strap.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/22/2016, 7:50 pm

OOC: Thought it was something like that.

BIC: Although satisfied with the hit, Ryan still had yet to make any significant moves in the battle. He drew the kopis back and slashed at the outside of Morgan's left arm.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/24/2016, 11:56 am

The slash opened a red streak in my arm and I drew back, hissing in pain. Immediately afterwards, I swung my shield at him as hard as I could whilst getting ready to side kick him.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/24/2016, 8:43 pm

Ryan had mixed feelings about drawing blood; there was the thrill of landing the hit, yes, but there was also the reality that he just hurt a friendly Gre- "AGH!" Ryan got hit by the shield, causing him to stagger back a few feet.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/14/2024, 3:19 am