A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Practicing for Nothing (private)

redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Practicing for Nothing (private) Empty Practicing for Nothing (private)

Post by redline2400 5/25/2016, 2:26 pm

In terms of sports and activities, Julien would consider himself a bonafide "renaissance man". Throughout his life, he had participated in many different sports, starting with football (OOC: soccer) back before he ever arrived at camp to now focusing on golf, swordsmanship (via Camp Half-Blood), and archery (there was a bit of auto racing on the side, though he was neither apart organized or legal league). Of course, that didn't mean his pastimes were limited to those few activities; there was a basketball court at camp, and nine times out of ten there was a pickup 3-on-3 or HORSE going on, and no good child of Nike would pass up the opportunity to be apart of something like that.

Julien was up at the court, practicing free throws in solitude, making every few shots. He had a feeling that if he was in the heat of an actual game, but that was only a theory he had.

OOC: Julien is wearing a blue Inter Milan t-shirt, grey athletic shorts, and a pair of black running shoes. He is wearing his CB watch/shield too.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Practicing for Nothing (private) Empty Re: Practicing for Nothing (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 5/26/2016, 7:25 am

Daeseon strolled past the basketball court on her way back from the arena. She had showered there and was now dressed in a baggy white Adidas tee printed with the number 99 in bold font, denim shorts, red sneakers and soccer socks. Her blonde hair was swept up into a ponytail, black tassel earrings pinned to her lobes.

Her bag over her shoulder and her Laconian daggers on her hips, she glanced over at the dude playing basketball alone. He wasn't half-bad. Daeseon never actively did any mortal team sport due to reasons of upbringing, but she had done some basketball in her various boot camps, this camp, and even on the Princess Andromeda.

Pushing her headphones down around her neck, she walked over to the guy. "Hey. Mind if I join in?"

BIC: Of course I went for the obnoxious Adidas shirt :P enjoy
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/26/2016, 11:37 am

OOC: If you're looking to say something about a character, try Lulu Lemon, the Guicci of athletic clothing XD Every d0uchbag around here wears it.

BIC: Julien wasn't expecting anyone to come up to him and ask for a game - who shoots free throws alone with the intention of starting a game anyway? - and he certainly wasn't expecting the person who asked him to be...well...her. Daeseon, that thing, that traitor, turncoat, treasonous little b*tch. Fought with the Titans and now, in defeat, she had the gall, the f*cking gall to not only show her mug around camp, but live here.

Daeseon: Titan Sympathizer; not a friend of Julien by any means.

"What the f*ck do you want?" he coldly replied, glaring at Daeseon with eyes containing nothing but hatred for her very existence.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/26/2016, 1:54 pm

OOC: Oh no what I meant by that is that the goddess Nike, in Heroes of Olympus, absolutely hates Adidas. The tee is supposed to push his buttons a bit more :P

BIC: "Wow, who pissed in your cornflakes this morning?" Daeseon's eyebrows rose. She didn't even know the guy. Well, of course, she had seen him around but she had never talked to him. Last she knew he had been one of the countless unclaimed who like her had been cramming the floor in the Hermes cabin. Apparently he had been claimed now.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/27/2016, 6:09 am

OOC: Of course; why didn't I suspect such a Riordan move hidden in that?

BIC: "Don't play stupid with me, traditore. You know I have every reason to address you this way." Julien spat at Daeseon's feet, emphasizing his apparent dislike of her. Sure, he had only heard rumors of her past loyalties, whispers of her working with the titans on the Andromeda, but it was all Julien needed to hear. Rumors alone were enough to prove someone's loyalty as questionable. "So let me ask you again: what the f*ck do you want?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/27/2016, 6:18 am

OOC: I think the feminine of traditore is traditrice?

BIC: The spit made her pull back -- Daeseon liked her shoes. But what surprised her more was the Italian. Parla l'italiano?
    Listening to his insults, the blonde Asian knitted her eyebrows, then sighed and crossed her arms.

"Get over yourself, whatever your name is," she said. "You think you're so damn righteous, don't you, just because you supported Olympus in the first war?" She snapped her fingers at him. "Wake up. Olympus isn't candyland. Call me traitor all you want, I'd rather be a traitor to that divine mafia, like Al says, than blindly support it like a well-trained lap dog."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/27/2016, 6:27 am

She snapped at him. She snapped her damn fingers at him. What a b*tch. "Ah, because Othrys is such a more harmonious place. You know, if you hate Olympus so much, why do you bother staying here? at an Olympian camp?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/27/2016, 6:40 am

"Uh, because the outside world is dangerous and Othrys doesn't exist anymore?" she said with raised eyebrows. Those were two of the reasons why she stayed at camp, the others being the fact that her opinion on her father was changing slightly, that she had friends here, and... well, Lindsey. "Oh, have you been to Othrys?" she then asked with a little smirk. "Please, educate me. You seem to know so much about it from your personal experience."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/27/2016, 6:49 am

"Please, why would anyone waste their time around that sh*thole. Well, anyone aside from treacherous bast*rds." A poorly worded distraction for a question he couldn't really answer. Obviously he hadn't been to Othrys; it collapsed after Manhattan was secured and Kronos' throne toppled by Romans. Still, even without a logical comeback, Julien wasn't going to yeild this quickly.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/27/2016, 7:23 am

"You're brainwashed," Daeseon commented. "You judge, but you don't know. How can you be so sure that Othrys isn't better than Olympus if all you know is Olympus?" She stepped forward, cracking her knuckles out of habit. "You know how they called it before Zeus overthrew Kronos? Ὁ Χρύσεον Γένος. The Golden Age."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/30/2016, 11:15 am

"The Golden Age? The Golden Age?!" Julien threw his head back and let out an acidic laugh. "Well if this "Golden Age" was so great, why didn't your precious Titans actually put up a fight?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/31/2016, 5:32 pm

"If I had a history book, I'd slap it into your face," she snapped. "Of course they put up a fight, go educate yourself. They almost won. But then the gods got help and vanquished them, and here we are." She spread her arms. "Beautiful, isn't it? Sickness, war, old age, famine... Great job your beloved gods are doing. Must make you proud."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 5/31/2016, 5:58 pm

Julien shrugged, a smug grin on his face. "Well, you know, that's the price of freedom, isn't it? I mean, if you don't like it, by all means you can do something about it. There's plenty of sharp blades here, and I think the store carries a few lengths of rope, if you know what I mean."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/1/2016, 6:37 am

"Oh yeah because everyone was enslaved during the Golden Age," Daeseon chuckled, ignoring his go kill yourself remark. That was worthy of a 13 years old Internet troll. The blonde Asian crossed her arms. "Look, you obviously don't know your sh!t about this. Go read something useful, then we can talk."
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 6/10/2016, 10:49 am

"So what if I don't know crap on this 'golden age'? It's over, it's rulers are gone, and it isn't coming back!" Despite his outward defense of ignorance, the son of Nike actually considered hitting up the library later on. After all, it's not like the various myths haven't been playing on re-run as of late.

Julien tossed the ball over to Daeseon, putting as much force into the throw as he could. "But if you don't wish to talk, how about a game? Horse? 1 v. 1?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 11:10 am