A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

No Wheaties Allowed

Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

No Wheaties Allowed Empty No Wheaties Allowed

Post by Metilinos 6/2/2016, 7:45 pm

On occasion, hunters would go and visit someone who wished to join them. Abigail had rarely attended these trips, though generally liked them, as it was the only time the hunters walked among dense civilization. This instance was different. The hunters did their share of recruiting, though they were relatively picky sometimes. They needed recruits, just like anyone else did, however, because their kind was so elite and highly trained, their lesser numbers often equated to much more than one would expect. Because of that, it was very rare for a hunter to die. Add to that, the fact that they didn't age, and you had yourself one heck of a platoon.

Abigail knew very little about the girl, other than she had seen her in the same place for three days in a row. They weren't that close to Camp Jupiter to justify seeing more than the stray demigod at most, so why had this one girl taken the effort to train so hard and leave safety daily? It was something Abigail respected, it reminded her of herself in a way. She had made brief mention to some other hunters, though, and they seemed to think she was worth checking out. Not that it mattered, Abigail had made up her mind before that.

She approached her the following afternoon, and there the girl was, in the same place. Abigail was in the same dark hunting gear she always wore, though she often wished it looked more modern. Abigail had no clue how she looked in the gear, though she imagined it must have been damn good based on how the other hunters looked. Her bow was in her hand, an arrow notched, though the string was not pulled and the arrow and bow were both facing the ground, Her hair was tied up in a ponytail for the occasion.

"Greetings." Abigail said, though it mildly annoyed her to realized she was adopting some form of Asina-speak. "I need to talk to you. Because frankly, you've caught my curiosity." Abigail said.
    Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

No Wheaties Allowed Empty Re: No Wheaties Allowed

Post by Belle 6/2/2016, 8:47 pm

Dominika had progressively been going farther and farther outside of camp. The field of mars had felt over crowded at times, and just a terrain she was so use to. This time she had practice running in the trees a bit, and getting a lay out for the land around camp. Granted California didn't offer much diversity unless you went north towards the border.

At the moment Dominika was working on her blade work and accuracy. If she was going to try and take Lear down when she found him, then she was going to have to be very skilled in fighting. Being good, wasn't good enough. She had to be better, she also had to make a mental note to gain better control of her powers. Strength was also something she had been working on because somewhere in her gut she knew the cyclopes were part of Lear's crew. If there were three of them there, she had to be prepared for more of them and able to take them on herself.

Judging from things she remembered, there were tools. A wrench and a tire iron. She was still trying to figure out what that meant. Did Lear own a tool shop, did Lear make tools? Then again cyclopes knew how to make weapons, so maybe they knew how to make tools. Either way, Dominika kept to slicing the tree in the same spots, keeping the accuracy and speed with the dagger, just part of her training.

She was caught off guard by a voice, but she didn't let it stop her, she kept going until she finished one strike. When she turned to face the person who had spoke, Nika was a bit surprised at who she saw. Never had she seen the girl before, but by the attire she assumed she was affiliated with some group.

"Hello. Well, you're talking to me now. What is it you wanted to discuss?" Nika said trying to get right to the point. She didn't have time to wait around and having someone take her in loops before they got to their point. The quicker it was relayed the quicker they could both go back to what they were doing.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/2/2016, 9:28 pm

"Most people wouldn't leave themselves open to strike." Abigail commented. "Regardless, I've seen you out here daily, placing all of your effort into getting stronger. That's effort well spent, and effort that most demigods don't bother with." Abigail continued. She crossed her arms, watching the girl strike. She struck as though she was striking someone she hated. Abigail could relate, she hated many people, though generally didn't allow emotions to control her. Whether or not this girl had issues was far beyond Abigail's perception. Baggage or not, she could be important to the hunters. She could be another piece to make them stronger. She watched her strike, it was almost like she was wouldn't even have to let the girl know she was being evaluated.

"My name is Abigail, and I associate with a group of people called the Hunters of Artemis." Abigail began. "Maybe you've heard of them, maybe you haven't; we typically associate with more Greeks than Romans. And I have to assume you're Roman, as your camp isn't far from here." Abigail continued. "I'll be blunt, we're not weak." Abigail stated, she left the floor open to the other girl, in case she had questions before Abigail continued.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/2/2016, 9:49 pm

Dominika was a little peeved someone was judging her. She wasn't a toy to be looked at and bought in a store. She was human, and part god, but still a human. Human's had their flaws and made their mistakes. Besides if someone was actually coming in to threaten her, she'd be able to take her own.

Placing the dagger back into it's sheath she began to listen to the girl near her. Even though it peeved her to feel judged, she didn't mind. That was the thing about other people, they could be there to see the mistakes and help you correct them. Just right now her mind was stuck on one thing.

She blinked a bit upon hearing it. She had heard the name Hunters of Artemis in passing before, actually she was fairly certain Dimitri kissed one before, he had said something about it. "You wouldn't assume wrong." Dominika said in reply to her mentioning being Roman.

"I'm Dominika Orlov, daughter of Jupiter. I've heard about the Hunters before, don't know a lot, but I know the basics. I might be flattering myself here, but are you here to try and recruit me?"
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/2/2016, 10:41 pm

"You're the girl who lost her leg on that hill last year, aren't you?" Abigail asked. There were other hunters with prosthetic limbs, and while Abigail felt the maintenance needed could be considered a weakness, she couldn't even tell Dominika had one. "Even I heard about that. It isn't everyday someone suffers that and then hangs on. You must have been strong to find a reason to hold on after that." Abigail commented. This was turning into something interesting. She knew this girl was strong without her powers or title, then add on top of that, she was indeed a child of the king of the gods himself. That was not a weak title to have, unlike Demeter's children, the wheat people.

The accent wasn't so strange to Abigail; lots of the girls in the Hunters had them. There was even a girl with a Polish accent. "But yes, I'm interested in recruiting you. It isn't flattering yourself if you have the skills, Dominika, and I think you very may well just have them." Abigail continued. "You're here alone. I like that fact, not many people feel they can make it alone. But you clearly do. If you can make it alone, you can flourish with us. If you want to be strong, we're what will supply you with thousands of years of combat knowledge."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/2/2016, 11:50 pm

Dominika heard her bring up her leg. If someone had brought it up about a couple weeks ago, she probably would have cried about it. Now it still hurt to have it brought up and she still had nightmares about losing her leg, but she kept that to herself, she didn't let anyone in on it anymore. No one could help her from the hell she had to endure every night when she finally got to sleep. "That would be me. Well this wont be something a hunter would like to hear, but my reason to get through it was a guy. I knew he needed me more than the afterlife did." Nika said shrugging leaving it at that. Only words she had were words of hurt left over from what Dimitri had done.

It wasn't long before Abigail was giving a speech about how she did indeed come to recruit her. Listening to the words, it was almost intriguing, and almost sounded appealing. The only problem was, joining something like this at this moment could hinder her plans. She didn't want to be tied down by a group right now. Granted they could give her wisdom beyond belief, but Nika had one last chance at trying to get Dimitri back. If she could kill Lear, things could be safe again, and they could be together again and they could heal. She wanted that, she would train and fight for it.

She would do anything it took, but joining the hunters could help her even forget about all of it. Unfortunately she wasn't ready to give up on Dimitri yet. "It's a very intriguing idea, I'll give you that. I'd do it, but I have some things I'd much rather resolve at this point. I don't think the Hunters could help me at that point."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/3/2016, 12:33 am

"If it's Lear, you can come with us. None of us have been even inconvenienced by it. Lear won't touch us, we're not sloppy like the camps. If it's a boy on the other hand, well, that's something you would have to deal with on your own terms. One of my sisters once kissed a boy, Katarina. The kid was kinda cute, I caught a glimpse of him once, but he wasn't exactly a dream boat when it came to who he was. Had a screwy last name, even for a demigod." Abigail was spilling hard information, information she normally wouldn't ever spread, however, part of recruiting and manipulation was to relate with someone, Abigail would have told her something similar and lied about it, had their not been a much easier truth to set place to it.

"Anyway, you don't need to be hasty. I'm not going to door-to-door salesman you here, Dominika. But come with me, let me show you what we learn, what I've learned in just a few short years, before you make a choice. After that? Well, I'd rather much be hurting someone who wronged me than heckling someone who's minding their own business." Abigail explained. She had a calling card to give to her, however, she rather would give it to her after she showed what they could do, and not before.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/3/2016, 2:11 pm

Dominika had totally spaced on the fact she had indeed met a hunter before. That was right, Katarina was the hunter that kissed Dimitri. Hearing the mention of the last name and the fact he was kinda cute, Dominika could relate to both those things. "I know of Katarina. I also know the boy. His last name is quite odd. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so." Dominika said slightly amused at this point. Sure Dimitri had an odd last name, and sure if she had ever got married to the fool she probably wouldn't take his last name, but in the moment, she found herself actually willing to take it now. Although, he was gone, and she now had a mission to kill Lear for it.

"Lear is a problem, and I need to get rid of them. This is a problem I can't just run away from. Slowly one by one Lear is killing demigods, physically or just mentally. I can't just abandon my friends in their time of need." Nika said as she folded her arms on her chest and listened to Abigail. She was right, she didn't have to make any hasty choices, and she didn't have to decide right here and now.

It was still of interest to Dominika to see the hunters. What Abigail was saying about showing her what they learn and even what she learned it was appealing to just check out. What if there was a whole different road of possibilities and potential for herself? The hunters had many people who were decades old. Well she assumed anyways. Years of different fighting techniques and strategies, only the Hunters of Artemis possessed.

"I would like for you to show me, but I think I am going to respectfully decline. I am focused on something, and I don't think I can have the distraction. If I go with you, I might like it too much." Dominika admitted. The fragile state she was at, she could see herself giving in or even a couple days or a week down the road when things get tough, if she knew too much, and decided the strength of the Hunters was something she wanted, she'd give in to it, and she wanted to give her goal its best shot before she decided anything.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/4/2016, 3:44 am

"Hmm." Abigail pondered, watching the girl closer now. "Like I said, I won't force you." There was a silence afterwards, though to Abigail, it wasn't an awkward silence. "There's something strange. I saw you a few days ago, and you reminded me more and more of myself. Talking to you now, I only see more of me in you. Except you're staying, for your friends. If I felt that I would see you again, I definitely wouldn't tell you this, but I left a brother behind to be here. I think about him every night. What you're doing, for your friends, it's noble. It's the right thing to do." Abigail said, with a sigh following. She wasn't going to give Dominika a calling card. She didn't want to build on the temptation. "But, you didn't hear that from me. I called you weak for holding onto the mortal side of the world, right?" Abigail insisted. She couldn't have some daughter of Jupiter hurt her name, even if it was to people who would never talk to the hunters, no.

Abigail Johnson was not a softie. She was a warrior and a hunter, far beyond her years, and that was a title she wanted to keep.

Abigail suddenly heard a noise, or a few noises, barely. She saw what she could only explain as leopards, and not panthers that were utterly pitch black. Their eyes were a piercing glowing red, but Abigail still didn't want to see these things come night fall. Their hind legs weren't shaped how most felion animals were, and as such, Abigail suspected that they didn't move. With how large their mouths were, Abigail figured that they made up with it with their teeth. It was hard to tell, as the only one growling showed that their teeth were black too. "Dominika, six and eight 'o clock." Abigail muttered in a low whisper. She knew some were behind herself as well, but they had the few precious moments to communicate before the animal-like monsters would try to strike. "I got your eight." Abigail committed. She'd have time for at least the one arrow.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/7/2016, 7:12 pm

Dominika didn't know what it was about the hunter, but she really was just like any other demigod or human. Sometimes when you hear about the hunters you think they're so high and mighty, that common things like missing your family wasn't a thing anymore. It seemed to be the complete opposite. They gave up the life they had for a new beginning, and for a brand new slate to start again. Hunters left people they cared about it, well she assumed there were others like that. Dominika could also tell some probably left because they had nothing going on in their other lives, or the world around them sucked so bad, they didn't even want to be apart of the world anymore, but they were given the chance if they wanted it to better themselves. Both were honorable paths.

"Abigail, I think it's very brave to leave people behind-" Dominika was caught off guard by the noise and that was when Abigail mentioned six and eight 'o clock. "There's one directly behind you." Dominika mentioned before she grabbed one of the throwing knives she carried with her on her belt, she watched Abigail shoot the arrow and almost immediately, Nika spoke, "Duck." She said and as soon as Abigail did, Nika threw the knife and it lodged into the skull of the leopard behind Abigail. It didn't go deep enough to penetrate the brain, but would keep it at bay for awhile, as Nika grabbed her imperial gold dagger out of the sheath and was taking a defensive position now.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/9/2016, 10:28 pm

It was only a matter of moments before the first leopard was dust, thanks to Abigail's relentless training with the bow. Abigail shifted her body so that she was nearly on her back, and watched the knife whiz right over her, into the leopard's head. Abigail felt impressed, but shocked more than anything that it was still alive. She remembered one of Lady Artemis's most important lessons on hunting; have mercy on your prey. Abigail didn't feel guilty, but she did know that the second she was free, either her or Dominika would have to put the other leopard out of the misery it must have been in.

Abigail swiftly gained herself to her feet, and was able to see the third leopard coming for them. She was delighted to see their lack of hind leg support heavily inhibited their speed, but hey, they needed some handicap with those teeth of theirs. "Dominika, weave right!" Abigail said on instinct, she used Dominika's right, hopeful that she wouldn't stop to think which right and take her own. Thankfully she did, leaving Abigail to draw her bowie knife. It gleamed a pleasing silver color; it was Abigail's best friend to this day.

Abigail played the angle perfectly, getting the knife in the leopard's throat as it charged her, though not enough that she stayed upright. The cloud of dust began to spread away, leaving Abigail looking upwards from her place on the ground. She twirled her knife in her hand, spotting the leopard close to her now, but she wasn't in a good position to attack.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/15/2016, 10:29 pm

Dominika and Abigail had seemed to work together with such ease. It proved that even in desperation to survive an attack two people could work well together to stay alive. It did help that Abigail was an incredible fighter for the most part, which she assumed was mostly due to Abigail's nature and what she has learned from the Hunters' so far.

It was only a few moments until Abigail had told her to weave right, and out of instinct, the daughter of Jupiter assumed it was her right. Moving out of the way so Abigail could get at the other leopard. It was in those few moments where Abigail ended up in a position, unable to get the last leopard and Dominika locked eyes with it.

Something had seemed to spark in the eyes of the leopard and it made one last attempt to attack. It jumped and sunk it's teeth into her arm. It was hard to focus at the situation at hand. The pain was enough to make her wince, but the familiarity from the night on the hill was so similar. At this point Dominika was fighting flashbacks as her hand reached around and shakily took hold of the handle of the knife. The flashbacks were getting vivid and was tampering with her vision of what was there in the moment.

The wet forest floor, being dragged across it, hitting roots sticking out of the ground and being scratched up. She was so certain at that point she was a goner and had accepted her death. Nika began to get mad at the flashbacks and no sooner ripped the knife out of the leopards head and with force drove it into the chest of the leopard and no sooner did it turn into a cloud of dust.

She put the knife away and extended her good arm out to Abigail, to help her up. She knew she was going to have to get her arm bandaged up at some point, but at this point it wasn't a total pressing matter, and she could probably remedy herself with a small first aid bundle she made. She did want to put it to practice to make sure if she did go out on her own, she could take care of herself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 2:02 am