A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Arriving at camp (private)

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Arriving at camp (private) Empty Arriving at camp (private)

Post by Morgan Landry 6/13/2016, 2:59 pm

"This way. Last meters."

Kanchana nodded, holding Doug's hand. Under her feet, the terrain went upwards; she could even feel grass through the soles of her worn out sandals. Her long braid was bouncing against the back of her thighs as she kept climbing further and further. Eventually....

"Here we are. Hey Julien, hey Morgan! New arrival here."

He came to a stop and so did she. Her legs and feet hurt from all the traveling and she leaned on Douglas a little to catch her breath, panting lightly.

I had seen the two arrive from afar, the tall African American satyr and the skinny Indian girl. Actually she wasn't just skinny, she was bony... almost unhealthily so.

"Sup Doug," I said with a smile, shifting my spear so it rested against my shoulder. I was wearing a black tank top and khaki cargo pants, my helmet on my head and my breastplate strapped around my upper body. "Who's this?" Since Doug had been speaking in Ancient Greek, I naturally did the same. The girl looked quite worn out, dressed in a white tee and cheap shorts that were way too baggy for her stick-like legs. As she came to a stop and shifted her head, I saw her eyes. She's blind.

Douglas put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey guys, this is Kanchana, from India. Chan, this is Julien, and this is Morgan. They're guarding the entrance to the camp."

The girl nodded and smiled briefly.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1193
    Registration date : 2015-08-05

Arriving at camp (private) Empty Re: Arriving at camp (private)

Post by redline2400 6/13/2016, 3:27 pm

When the satyr arrived with the skinny Indian girl, Julien quickly took to scanning the area around them. The two didn't look to be in any danger, but it was standard for him to check for any threats. Seeing as there were none, the son of Nike eased up and focused on the two climbing Half-Blood Hill.

From first glance, Julien figured there was something up with the girl; her hair was excessively long, her body gaunt and lacking much muscle, she was being spoken to in Greek, and she was being guided by Doug up the hill. When the two finally stopped by the guards, Julien then took notice of the milky eyes, which answered at least one of the questions he had.

Inferring that putting out a hand wouldn't exactly work in the scenario, Julien just said "Hey; I'm Julien" to the girl, following the lead of Doug and Morgan by employing Greek rather than English.

OOC: He's wearing a blue Nike polo shirt, jeans, and a pair of hiking boots. He is wearing his armor and his xiphos is "unsheathed".

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/13/2016, 4:26 pm

"If you need anything, just ask for one of these two guys. Julien's a son of Nike, who is the goddess of victory, and Morgan's a daughter of Hecate. She presides over, uh..."

"Magic, crossroads, ghosts, and necromancy," I finished with a chuckle. "Don't worry though, I'm not as gloomy as all that sounds."

Kanchana nodded again before turning to Douglas, whose arm she was still holding. "You said there was a barrier. To the camp."

"We already crossed it," he said. "You can't see it, you can't feel it, but it's there and keeps out mortals and monsters alike."

Mortals. Normal human beings. Kanchana still had to get accustomed to these wordings.

"So, we're safe," she continued.

"We are," Douglas confirmed. She had no choice but to trust him -- for now. "Right, how about we get something to eat? After that maybe a shower and some fresh clothes, then I'll introduce you to Chiron."

Eating. Yes please. She had quickly learned that when Douglas said 'eating' he meant the whole package: a big sandwich and a drink, plus a cereal bar, or a fruit on top. It was wonderful.

They had already started walking when Douglas stopped all of a sudden, causing Kanchana to stop too. "What's happening?" she asked. A monster? A snake?

She couldn't see it but above her head, a golden hologram had started glowing: a lyre and plectrum, slowly rotating around itself.

"You're... you're being claimed." Douglas squinted. "You're a daughter of Apollo?"

"Hold on, there's a thing at the side of it." I had been snacking non-stop on Greek mythology ever since I was a kid, and I knew this particular attribute. "A guitar pick ... Apollo's holograms don't have that." I paused, rummaging through my memories of museums and books, before snapping my fingers triumphantly. "You're the daughter of Terpsichore."

"Who is Terpsichore?" Kanchana asked.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 6/13/2016, 4:33 pm

Before Morgan could give Kanchana an explanation, Julien cheerfully chipped in. "A muse, actually. She's the muse of dancing and chorus, and she's the mother to the sirens. So Terpsichore isn't exactly a goddess, but she's divine all the same and is equally as important as one."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2016, 1:59 am

"Muses are goddesses," I corrected Julien as the hologram started to fade.

"Well, that clears up where you're gonna sleep tonight," Douglas said. "No Hermes cabin for you."

He had explained to her the different rules about cabins and tables at Camp Half-Blood (although table rules were a bit more lenient nowadays), and how demigods with the same parentage were put into one cabin.
    Kanchana reached up, as if she could grab the hologram, but her hand closed around nothing. The glowing sign was almost completely gone.

"You can't grab it, Chan," the satyr said and put a protecting arm around her shoulders. "Come on. Food time." And they left through the trees.

OOC: New topic, get this mentor thing rolling?
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 6/14/2016, 3:03 am

OOC: Sure. Mess hall, right?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/14/2016, 7:51 am

OOC: I was more thinking she'd come and knock on the door of the Nike cabin, as she'd stick to her table and not really talk to others during the meals.
    redline2400
    redline2400
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by redline2400 6/14/2016, 8:11 am

OOC: Oh yeah. Yeah, let's do that.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 5:05 am