A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Russian Sleep Arrangements

Belle
    Belle

Female
    Number of posts : 1431
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Russian Sleep Arrangements Empty Russian Sleep Arrangements

Post by Belle 6/18/2016, 1:29 am

It had been quite the few days that Dimitri and Dominika spent their time reconnecting. However never would the blonde demigod picture herself introducing her boyfriend to her mother. Well, she never really imagined she'd have a significant other, especially when her and Dimitri were apart for awhile. Here she was though, standing in front of the door to her mother's house. Inside would be her mother, step loser of a father, and her little sister. It was a couple days before Dominika was supposed to meet the rest of her family. A whole bunch of family members she didn't even know she had. Her mother never even mentioned the fact she had brothers and a sister. Her grandmother never even mentioned it to her, but this was still happening now and she was getting to meet them now.

Dominika's fingers were intertwined with Dimitri's and she managed a small smile as she looked over to Dimitri. She was a bit nervous, but figured it would be nothing compared to how Dimitri could possibly feel.  She squeezed his hand gently and kissed the top of his hand. Taking a deep breath in, she pressed the doorbell and she heard it ring out through the house. She didn't realize it, but she had been holding her breath until she heard the door knob turn and the door opened.

On the other side of the door frame was a woman who was roughly at the height of five foot eight. Her wavy blonde hair was neatly tied back in a bun with a few strands that had fallen free on her face. She had piercing blue eyes that were looking over her own daughter and then to the boy beside her, and they even made a mental note on the fact they were holding hands. A narrow nose was perfectly in the middle of her face, which was remarkably similar to Dominika's and to her sister Viktoria's. The Orlov women often carried the same traits down through the family, as seen with Dominika's grandmother even.

The door was open enough to see into the hallway of the house, and peeking out from another room was a short curly haired blonde. She was hardly able to be seen due to the short height, but everyone assumed by the time she was fourteen or around the age she'd be just as tall as the rest of the women in the house. The three year old, almost four year old had light blue eyes and she seemed rather curious at who was standing next to her older sister.

"Please come in."  Anya said and stepped out of the way so both of the two could come in. Once they were both in, Anya gave a hug to her daughter and then held her at arms length. "I don't think I've seen your hair down in a long time, it looks nice, you should do it more often." She said with a smile forming on her lips and then looked to Dimitri, "Do you know how long I've been trying to get her to wear her hair down? She might not admit it, but she's doing it for you and for that I like you." She said with a bit of a laugh and then let go of her daughter before going over to Dimitri and embracing him in a short hug, before doing the same thing at holding him arms length away, "He's a keeper Dominika, if you don't marry him I will. I'm Anya by the way. Feel free to call me whatever, I'm not insulted easily." She said and let go of Dimitri and walked further into the house and turned into the door way, Viktoria was hiding.

Dominika didn't reply to her mom, and after her mom turned her back she mouthed sorry to Dimitri. Following her mother into the next room which was the kitchen, she noticed Viktoria right away and picked her up. "Is someone shy?" Dominika said bugging her sister with a bright smile on her face. There was few people in the world that Dominika had a soft spot for, and it just happened her little sister was one of them. "You can say hi you know, he's not going to bite." The daughter of Jupiter said with a small laugh and then looked over to Dimitri. Viktoria just hid her face in her sisters shirt and exclaimed "No!".

"I'm incredibly sorry, both my children aren't as charismatic as I am. I promise Viktoria will warm up to you in time, if Dominika can, it's possible." She said with a reassuring smile and then grabbed some glasses "Would you guys like anything to drink? I have water, coffee, tea, or juice, although you might have to fight someone for the juice, and I'm not talking about Viktoria." She said with a playful wink, and it caused Dominika to blush. Sometimes she wished she hadn't gotten closer to her mother recently. She forgot what her mom was like when she was actually home.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male
    Number of posts : 565
    Registration date : 2014-11-08

Russian Sleep Arrangements Empty Re: Russian Sleep Arrangements

Post by Metilinos 6/18/2016, 11:52 pm

Travelling to Russia was an odd experience for Dimitri. The concept of being so far away from where he had lived forever was strange to him. But when Dominika had asked him how he would feel about attending her family reunion with her, he hadn't once questioned if he was willing. He wanted to be there for her. He never wanted her to have to face home again alone. He wasn't sure how to feel about her mother, she seemed like somewhere she had a good heart, but he couldn't forgive that she allowed the monster to remain in the house. He knew, he truly and utterly hated Dominika's step father. He wasn't sure how he would sleep under the same roof as him, but he wouldn't dare leave Dominika under the same roof with him. He knew she could take care of herself, but it didn't mean she had to.

The country was strange. The culture was different, and so was the language. Dimitri had heard intensely little English, and most of it had been from Dominika. Listening to her speak in Russian was so interesting, she spoke without a flaw, though, it was to be expected as it was her first language. When they had reached her house, Dimitri could sense how hard this was for her. He gave her hand a gentle squeeze, he was glad their hands were together. He knew she was softer around him, he just wasn't sure if that would help her or hurt her today. Either way, he would make sure she was taken care of. She would make sure the same for him. "It's gonna be okay." Dimitri whispered to her, though the door opened a moment after.

The woman who appeared was, unmistakably, Dominika's mother. Her features were so identical, Dimitri wondered if anyone had mistaken them for sisters. Though, Dominika would be the more beautiful of the two. Her head-strong personality was welcome, in a way, it made him feel more welcome in their home. He wondered why she had heckled Dominika over her hair, after all, hers was up. Dimitri agreed though, Dominika had a beautiful head of hair. He'd never ask her to change how she wanted to wear it, but he certainly wouldn't mind seeing it down all the time.

He hugged her mother back when she hugged him, it would be rude to deny a welcome tradition. He could feel the pink rise to his cheeks while she complimented him. Normally it wouldn't be anything he would pay special attention to, however, the approval was important to him in this case. Her hair was still vibrant, it reminded him of his own mom's hair rather than Dominika's hair. It was bittersweet, but Dominika's hand in his kept him reassured. He was still happy to be alive. "Thank you for welcomin' me into your home, Mrs. Orlov. It's great to meet'ya, Dominika has told me so much about you." Dimitri replied. He'd been tempted to call her Anya, but he'd always treated parents and adults otherwise with strict respect.

Dimitri gave Dominika a welcoming smile when she mouthed sorry. There was nothing for her to be sorry over. It hurt him a sting when Viktoria wasn't welcoming of him. He wanted Dominika's family to like him, but he shrugged it off, she was still a child. He gave her a smile. He was going to greet her, though, before he was able to speak, Anya spoke again. "My dad always said coffee after 6'in the mornin' would only serve to build up unneeded tolerance." Dimitri said, his tone light. He wanted to build up a steady foundation with Dominika's mother. "It's very kind've you to offer, I'd love some water." Dimitri looked to Dominika, he could see her cheeks were red. "Y'know, y'look cute when you're blushin' right?" He whispered.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 6/20/2016, 11:30 pm

Dominika had smiled a bit as her mother seemed to be fairly well behaved around her boyfriend and she seemed genuinely interested in conversation. It was nice to finally get a bit of peace within the family, and for a good portion of the moment Dominika was truly happy with her family. She had forgotten that her step father was even part of it at this moment.

As Dimitri mentioned she was cute when she was blushing, that only made her grin and in turn she tried to hide it a bit and moved over to the table and sat down as she pulled a chair out for Dimitri motioning him to come sit beside her. Dominika had Viktoria sitting on her lap and looked over onto the table, "Vik, did you colour this? It's amazing, you're going to have to teach me how to colour like this." She said and then began to tickle her younger sister,and in return the laughter that erupted from her chest only made Dominika happier.

Anya on the other hand had smiled at what Dimitri had said. "Dominika has told me a lot about you too." She had grabbed a glass and filled it with water and then grabbed two grape juice boxes from the fridge. She handed Dimitri the glass of water and handed both of her daughters a juice box.

"Well I'll remember that for tomorrow morning then." Anya said in response to his comment about his dad.

Dominika helped Viktoria with her juice box before getting to hers. While sipping on her juice box she looked up on the wall to see some of the family photos. Along the wall was five photos. There was a family one, with just her grandmother, mother, and her. Another family photo from this past Christmas of her, her sister, her mother, and the step loser. A third photo of just her grandmother and the last two were baby photos of both Viktoria and Dominika. It was bittersweet to see photos of her grandmother. It left a bit of a heavy weight on her heart to see her grandmother.

She looked away and shook her head mentally before looking to her mother. "Mom, which room are we staying in?" Dominika asked and going through all the different rooms in the house. The house wasn't big by any means, but it still had four rooms, although the fourth one was added on for an office space, which only left three bedrooms.

"We turned one of the bedrooms into a guest room while you were gone. You two can sleep there. Please stay as long as you like." Anya said with a reassuring smile and grabbed herself a cup of coffee to sip on.

It was only a few minutes later when Dominika heard the footsteps that belonged to the only other person that could be in the house. Soon he could be seen in the kitchen area, and she got a shiver down her spine and the smile slipped right off her face.

When he came towards her, she was about to panic, but he just took Viktoria from Dominika's arms. "You two should go get settled in, I'll take care of Vik." Pavel said as he held his daughter. In that moment Dominika shot her step father daggers as she stood up. She got close to his ear and whispered to him in Russian using a cold tone, "You ever hurt her, the way you did me, I'm going to kill you slowly and painfully. Make you beg for me to keep you alive, but at the end of the day you'll be buried in the cold hard ground with no one to miss you." and with that she grabbed Dimitri's hand and led him out of the room and towards the guest room.

Once inside with the door shut, she wrapped her arms around Dimitri, hugging him. "I wish we could have stayed in the hotel room forever. Never have to see that guys face." She said before she pulled away from him and kissed him. "I'm so glad you're here with me."
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 6/30/2016, 1:35 am

He'd taken the water from Dominika's mother, it was absolutely rude to turn down something from a host, and he'd basically asked for it anyway. "Thank you very much, Mrs. Orlov." Dimitri displayed his gratitude, though he wasn't so sure if customs were the same in Russia as they would have been back home. He took a sip of the water, and somehow, even the water tasted different. A tiny little swirl momentarily appeared in the bottom, just to reassure him. Water was still water.

He'd lost himself for the moment, eyeing Dominika look at the pictures while sipping on a juice box. A frown formed on his face in the moment, it wasn't very hard to tell what she was thinking about. He did the same thing before with his parent's old photo album. Still, he couldn't help but consider what she was feeling in the moment. He'd gone back and forth in the past with his relationship with Dominika. Even now, he wasn't sure if it was such a good thing for him to be softening her up. He had these thoughts, but they weren't doubts, as the only thing he was certain of was that he would never be a just a caretaker or just a friend with Dominika again. There was a lot of things he'd seen and faced, but he couldn't face the daughter of Jupiter without hearts in his eyes. It simply wasn't a possibility.

That's when, in his peripherals, he caught sight of him for the first time. Dimitri knew the second he saw him, that was him. His manners flew out the door immediately. His gaze changed, his head tilted and his stare became deadly. He hadn't had any bloodthirsty since the night at the hotel. Their cool skin snuggled together under warm blankets while they slept, it was like Dominika had remedied an infection within him. Looking at this monster now though, Dimitri had the same instinct he did with the other monster. As with the other monsters in the world, he didn't get to live after what he did.

Only moments passed, and Dimitri was lead away by Dominika. He followed her, with hesitation. Until he was fully out of the room, he glared at the man, his eyes fueled by intense heat and fire. He slowly began to resurface once they'd left the room, Dominika's hug and kiss made it a lot easier. He paused and simply looked at her. In the moment he noticed all of the fine detail in her features. He leaned in and kissed her slowly one more time after her. "I want to go back too." Dimitri admitted. The world was so vile and ugly. All he wanted was a small room for him and Dominika to share. He put his hands on her shoulders and made eye contact with her. "You know I love you. If you want him gone, say the word. And you won't see him again after tonight."
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/8/2016, 11:59 pm

There was a mix of emotions swirling inside the daughter of Jupiter. They were raging through her veins and she could feel the disgust, rage, confusion, hurt, and betrayal from roughly three years ago. The whole thing would flash in an our of her memories, and she had to fight hard to keep them at bay.

For a brief moment before everything consumed her, she was thinking about what he said and she was heavily considering it. There was a long pause and it was dead silent. She shook her head back and forth and broke the eye contact with him. "You can't." she said with a small voice. The sound of defeat within her.

Being back home and seeing the monster that he was. It triggered a lot. The initial rage had washed over her body and all that was left now was the same raw emotions she felt days, months, years ago. The house was a museum of her past. It told most of the happy moments and kept a neutral tone, but lying underneath the carefully crafted words, and behind the perfect picture family photos was the truth. It was the dark past that lingered in the home and seeped out slowly.

It seemed to be consuming the daughter of Jupiter as by now she was staring blanking and shrugged her shoulders away from his touch. She couldn't focus on anything, all she could think about was the monster that her step father was. Dominika felt small at this point. She felt like the weak broken thirteen year old she did almost four years ago.

A lot of what happened was blurry, but somehow Dominika ended up sitting in the corner hugging her knees to her chest. She didn't even realize where in the room she was, but her forehead rested against the tops of her knees as she sobbed. Her body shook violently as she did, and the only thing she could see eyes opened or closed was flashbacks from that day. The wound she thought was sewn up was wide open and in that moment Dominika was broken.
    Metilinos
    Metilinos

Male

Post by Metilinos 7/9/2016, 12:47 am

Seeing Dominika the way she was hurt him. There was a lot he could do to protect her. He could shield her from impacts, he could beat cyclopes to death, and he could shield her from the storms when Jupiter called for them. But, when it came to what happened to her as a child, he was absolutely powerless to help her. It tore his heart out to know that no matter what he did, he could never fix this. He could never ever take back what he had done to her.

He could just kill that thing, there was nothing that could stop him if he went for it. He knew he was stronger than that monster, and even if he wouldn't turn into golden dust, Dimitri knew he would be doing the world a favor. It didn't break his heart knowing he'd be taking someone's husband from them. He could handle Anya hating him if that's what it took. But, he knew a little girl would grow up without a father. Even still, maybe it was for the best. Heaven forbid he passed on his vile lifestyle to his daughter. He didn't contribute to his people. He didn't contribute to his family. Nobody would miss him for any real reason.

He had a true fear for the first time since they had gotten back together. He imagined her pushing him away if he touched her, and the thought made his heart sink. It wouldn't be her fault, though, and Dimitri took a deep breath. He couldn't not do something because it was scary. He slowly approached her, and sat next to her, and then wrapped his arms around her in a hug. "I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry. I love you." Dimitri gently whispered. He repeated those two phrases over and over, in gentle tones. Unless she told him to stop or pushed him away.
    Belle
    Belle

Female

Post by Belle 7/10/2016, 5:34 pm

Dominika didn't even know when Dimitri sat beside her, but he now he was there. She was aware of him, and she knew that he wasn't the one she had to fear. It took a lot to tell herself in that moment where she was so broken down, that it'd be okay for the son of Cymopoleia to wrap his arms around her.

She heard his soft whispers as she sobbed, and she had yet to break from the position she was in. She let him hug her and continue to whisper the things that he was. A lot of the memories were still flooding in, and Dominika couldn't help the way her body was shaking while she sobbed. A few times she wiped her eyes, but it was no use, it'd only keep happening.

After about ten minutes, the daughter of Jupiter calmed down considerably. She was still crying, but her body was finally tired and she was no longer shaking. By this point she slowly lifted her head up from her knees and she scooted closer to Dimitri and leaned her head on him as she tried wiping away her tears again.

"Please don't leave me alone." She said through many breaks of unsteady breaths and she then continued to sit there in silence with a few sniffles here and there. It was around 12 in the afternoon in Moscow right now, but back at Camp Jupiter it was 2 in the morning. Dominika was immensely tired and she could feel herself fade in and out of sleep.

"I love you too." She mumbled softly with a small yawn surfacing afterwards.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 11:44 pm