A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge...

Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male
    Number of posts : 4470
    Registration date : 2014-11-16

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge... - Page 2 Empty Re: A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge...

Post by Green 7/18/2016, 9:57 pm

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge... - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n8veil80YJ1ssoiqt

Malcolm removed his hand and looked to see if the celestial was done melting. He'd go check after his and Daniel's conversation. "Well I'm sure farming takes a lot of time and energy. I heard a few Demeter kids talk about their times on different agricultural farms. Speaking of siblings, how are you getting along with them? And how are you enjoying your cabin as well?" He asked before excusing himself and heading to the forge. He pulled out the bucket and found that the cesetial bronze was melted down. He quickly poured it into the staff mold and went back over to Daniel. "Step two is finished."
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male
    Number of posts : 38
    Registration date : 2016-07-09

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge... - Page 2 Empty Re: A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge...

Post by Celtaeus 7/19/2016, 3:02 am

Daniel grinned a bit wider at Malcolm's questions. "Working on a farm takes a lot of time and energy. You're out before sunrise, and out after sunset. I love every minute of it." He watched curiously as Malcolm poured the celestial bronze into the mold. He had never seen molten metal before. Heated metal definitely, but never molten.

Snapping back to reality, he looked up and said, "I get along pretty well with all of them, I think. A lot of them tell me I work too much." He shrugged a bit and thought some on it. "A lot of my brothers and sisters care more about plant appearance than plant function, if that makes sense. I think it gives a bad impression when we focus more on flowers than food. Maybe I'm just practical." It was strange admitting that, he really didn't talk to anyone but his siblings. "I love my siblings, I just think some of us can a bit superficial. Myself included, I suppose."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/20/2016, 7:04 pm

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge... - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n8veil80YJ1ssoiqtdiv style="width:500px; text-align:left;">"That's understandable, but your differences make your siblings all the better right? If all of them were just focused on cooking, botany, or agricultural produce, then cabin four would be rather boring wouldn't it? All the cabins would be boring." Malcolm scratched the back of his head, readjusting himself on the bench. "I know a couple of Demeter kids who enjoy doing produce, though. Uh...I forgot one of their names. Ajax? Alan? Alex? I think his name is Alex. He enjoys growing berries, fruits, and things like that. He also loves cooking."
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/21/2016, 1:50 am

"Oh definitely! I would be bored out of my mind if we were all the same!" Daniel grinned a little bit. "I don't mean any of it as a bad thing, it's just my own preference. I will say that flowers make more people smile than potatoes." He smiled at Malcolm, "Yeah I know Alex. We work with the strawberries a lot together. He's a way better cook than I am, for sure. I just think that it's kind of crazy how many differences there are between people that most assume are exactly the same."

Looking at his hands, he chuckled a little bit. "I actually really like that concept. Being different while being the same."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/22/2016, 1:31 am

A Farmer and a Bladesmith walk into a Forge... - Page 2 Tumblr_inline_n8veil80YJ1ssoiqt
    Malcolm nodded his head. "As do I. Sometimes it still comes to a surprise when some demigods don't really act like their godly parents. I know this one son of Ares who's very much a people person and not an angry, aggressive demigod like most of his siblings." Ah, Jackson. His cheeks had a red undertone to it just by talking to him. "But he's still a very good swordsman." He added, looking around the forge, noticing a couple of his brothers and sisters working on various projects and one of them teaching a couple of new demigods how to forge a simple xiphos.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/22/2016, 8:23 pm

"Really?" Daniel was a bit shocked. "Every child of Ares I've ever met has been either a jerk or a bully." He felt a bit embarrassed by his response, they had just been talking about differences so he shouldn't be that bewildered. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised though. I'd be glad to meet one who doesn't hate me on sight."

The farmer chuckled a bit. "Did you forge the son of Ares' weapon? I can't imagine talking much to one of them without a reason." Maybe that made him a little judgemental, but the Ares cabin hadn't been too classy about his inability to use a 'proper' weapon. He might have been a little bitter, and he felt guilty about the fact that he felt justified in it.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/23/2016, 2:20 pm

The son of Hephaestus smiled, shaking his head. Malcolm assumed that he didn't need to hide anything from him. "Yeah, I forged him a xiphos for him," He started almost in a dream like tone of voice. "We met when he noticed me playing with my metal hoplite warriors that I crafted, but I won't bore you with any of that right now." A goofy smile came across his face and he tried not to seem so infatuated with just the thoughts of Jackson.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/24/2016, 12:45 am

Daniel smiled broadly as Malcolm talked. He had seen plenty of guys who were head over heels for someone before. In Adams County, there wasn't much excitement besides who liked who. He wasn't sure he should say anything though. Malcolm might get embarrassed. To tell the truth, Daniel really didn't care about the stereotypical norm for relationships. People fall for who they fall for. You'd be better off telling a plant not to grow.

Finally, he decided to speak up. "Not to pry, but does he know you like him? It doesn't bother me, in case you're worried, but I'm just curious. You seem like you don't get a chance to talk about yourself much." The tanned farmer gave the son of Hephaestus a friendly smile. He hoped that Malcolm wouldn't think he was being nosy; he was just interested in the gentle giant. He was a sweet guy, very friendly, and his heart was definitely in the right place.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/24/2016, 11:33 pm

The African American demigod chuckled lightly. Daniel was right, he never talked about himself unless he was around his half siblings are Jackson. "Oh, yeah, he knows. We're kind of...dating." Malcolm bit his lip and could feel his cheeks heat up. "We went to a Renaissance fair last weekend and it was...amazing. I'm demisexual by the way." He stated, going to check on the staff. He picked it up with his hands and brought it back to where he was sitting at. Taking a pencil like device, he started drawing the designs into the staff of the scythe.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/24/2016, 11:42 pm

Daniel grinned, scratching his head. "Well I don't really know what to say other than congrats. If you like him that much, he's probably a pretty good guy." He cocked his head slightly at the demisexual comment. He had never really heard of that before. Watching Malcolm move and begin drawing the design onto the staff, he sat quietly for a second before speaking up. "So... If you don't mind me asking, what's demisexual? I know that heterosexual is boys liking girls and vice versa, and homosexual is when you like the same gender, I've never heard of demi before. Unless it was before god." He smiled a bit, slightly embarrassed he had to ask. The only exposure to these things came when he was here at camp, but it required him to interact with others more than he was comfortable with.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/25/2016, 1:28 pm

"Oh, right, uh, well, demisexual means that someone first has to be attracted to someone mentally before being attracted to them sexually and or physically." Malcolm explained as he continued to engrave the staff, smiling a bit as he continued to think about Jackson. "Does that make sense?" He asked, looking up at him with the same smile on his face. "It's mostly seen in romantic relationships, but it's not confined to just that." Malcolm turned his head back to the staff and continued to do what he does best.

Last edited by Green on 7/26/2016, 10:06 am; edited 1 time in total
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/26/2016, 5:29 am

"Oh, okay!" Malcolm's explanation helped Daniel quite a bit. He had never really been exposed to anything other than what he considered the standard as far as attraction went. In all honesty, he liked the concept of it. A smile broke across his face as he thought about it. "I actually really like that. So you have to like who they are before anything else when you're demisexual?"

While he spoke, he continued to admire Malcolm's work up to the current point. He was willing to bet some of the Athena campers would be jealous of the design work.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/26/2016, 10:22 am

Malcolm nodded his head. "Exactly." He smiled some as he continued to do the design of the staff. It was turning out almost better than the original sketch. "Just because I find someone attractive doesn't mean I want them to be my girlfriend or boyfriend." He added just in case. After he was finished with the design, he turned to look at Daniel. "Do you want the scythe to be tented green? It'll look metallic in case you're wondering."
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/26/2016, 5:40 pm

Daniel nodded and continued watching. It made sense to him, but he thought that was how everyone should be. He wasn't sure it was exactly the same for him though. He wasn't sure he would ever look at a guy that way, but he also didn't think Malcolm was wrong for his feelings. Too many people back home would disagree. With a start, Daniel wondered if race was the only reason Malcolm had bad memories of the south.

Deciding to answer the blacksmith's question instead of asking, he said, "Uhh, sure! That actually would work pretty well, I think!" His face broke into a huge grin. He was getting more and more excited as time went by.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/26/2016, 11:12 pm

"Great, I think that would be an interesting spin. Then I can do the sun raise in a different color, maybe a fiery orange, the raindrops in a light blue, and the wheat in a golden color." He got up to get the different viles of color that he would need. After a while of searching he came back to the table and sat down beside Daniel. "Do you want to help? You can do the wheat. All you have to do is use the eyedropper and drop the color into the engraved lines. It'll turn out great, I promise." He smiled and took the yellowish orange color and started to do the sun outline and the rays of light.

"...Do you think there are other gods out their aside from the Greeks, Romans, Egyptian, and Norse? Like maybe the Mayan and Aztec gods are real too and have a camp like we do." Malcolm had been thinking about that for a long time, usually staring up at the ceiling and wondering about it.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/26/2016, 11:33 pm

Daniel nodded and sat until Malcolm came back with the vials. "I think I can do that." He wasn't sure how his portion would turn out, but he was still willing to give it a try. He reached out a calloused hand to pick up the gold colored vial. Since Malcolm was working on the other end, he had plenty of space to take his time trying not to mess up.

"Uhh..." Daniel was taken by surprise with the question. He never really thought much about other gods and goddesses. "I suppose there could be..." He shifted a bit as he worked, trying to think of how he felt about the idea. "Based on what I know, the gods and goddesses are sort of based in human memory? So I think there probably are others. I'm not sure if we'll ever know though." He gave a small smile. "I never would've thought my mom was a goddess in the first place though. So I guess anything's possible."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/27/2016, 12:19 am

The son of Hephaestus clicked his tongue, then shrugged his shoulders. "It's a mystery I suppose. I like mysteries because they keep me on my toes." Malcolm answered, finishing up the sunrays, then doing the water droplets. "This is quite fun I have to say. I never really designed a weapon with anyone like this before." He glanced over at Daniel, then back at his celestial bronze scythe. "Do you want to the green next? It'll fill in all the none colored spots and while you do that, I'll make the blade part. Deal?"
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/27/2016, 12:37 am

Daniel smiled and shrugged. He liked mysteries because they let him daydream while he worked. He let out a bit of a laugh. "You've done pretty much all the work though. I'm like a kid just coloring in the lines" He grinned ear to ear, his eyes lighting up. "Yeah, I can do that part too I think!" So far he hadn't made any mistakes, so he was confident. If he did make mistakes, they weren't obvious. He was thrilled with how it was turning out. If all that needed to be done was the blade, the scythe could be done really soon. Daniel couldn't wait.
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/27/2016, 2:50 pm

Malcolm stood up once Daniel started on the remainder of the staff and walked toward the still hot metal bucket of celestial bronze. Taking in a deep breathe, he raised his hands up and controlled the melted down celestial bronze to come up from the bucket and become suspended in the air. "Once you're done tenting the staff, bring it over here so I can put the blade on." He looked over at Daniel, then back that glob of celestial bronze. Closing his eyes, he started to shape it into the reaping blade.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/27/2016, 4:00 pm

Daniel nodded absently as he focused on his task. "Alright, be there in a sec." He took longer than he probably should have for the particular job, but he didn't find any mistakes that he could see. It had taken a little while, but not long enough for Malcolm to be finished yet. The son of Demeter's eyes shot wide open as he looked at molten celestial bronze being held up by seemingly nothing. Must be a Hephaestus power... He walked over to the giant blacksmith and coughed slightly so he didn't startle the other boy. He had a feeling that molten metal manipulation might react badly if he was startled. "I finished the staff tent."
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 7/27/2016, 10:30 pm

Malcolm nodded his head and continued to use his ferrokinesis to move it to the top of the staff that Daniel was holding. Soon the scythe blade was fully formed. "Now all we need to do is cool it and let it set." He kept his eyes shut, then continued. "Alright, turn it upside down and dip it into the water by the anvil to let it set." He whispered to the son of Demeter.
    Celtaeus
    Celtaeus

Male

Post by Celtaeus 7/28/2016, 4:18 am

Daniel held the staff, wide eyed as the scythe blade formed before his eyes. He was impressed. Any form of kinesis was deemed a pretty cool power at camp. The ability to manipulate molten metal, and likely cooled metal was a pretty cool talent. The farmer almost wanted to be jealous, but he didn't really know why it would make sense for him to be able to do something similar. He had no real need to do something like what Malcolm could do. He watched the whole process silently and shoved the blade into the water like Malcolm had directed. A huge cloud of steam hissed and rose the moment the blade hit the water. "How long should I leave it in the water?"
    Green
    Green
    Loyal Member

Male

Post by Green 8/3/2016, 7:37 pm

"For maybe about thirty minutes or so. That'll give it enough time to set and harden. We can go back and sit down and wait for your scythe to be finalized." Malcolm let go of the forming weapon and lumbered back to his work station and took a sat with a heavy sigh. He ran a hand across the top of his head and tapped his fingers against the table in thought. He had to remind himself that he had Ancient Greek with the Athena kids tomorrow morning instead of sword and shield training with Ares' children. He preferred the new schedule over the old one since it allowed him not to get blood on his shirt.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 3:40 am