A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Bisexual pride daaaayyyy

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Bisexual pride daaaayyyy Empty Bisexual pride daaaayyyy

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2016, 12:40 pm

Yohoho it's 23rd of September today ~ aka bisexual pride day.

Bisexual pride daaaayyyy Tumblr_nguquswu3t1ql5dlro2_500

For those of you who may not be aware of it, bisexuality is one of those sexual orientations that are still not recognized by a lot of people, even in the LGBT community. Does it suck? Pretty much. Other than that, there are a lot of tropes people associate with us bisexuals, for example that we are unfaithful by nature, that we're confused, going through a phase (heard that one a lot), greedy, trying to get male attention, or simply that we don't exist.
    Therefore, bisexual pride day is a great day to say a big fat

♪ F#ck you ♫

to all the people who ever shamed us for liking guys and girls :) And to celebrate. It's Friday! Go out! Party hard, you deserve it.

I'm gonna go on a tangent and say something about my favourite bisexual celeb. There are a lot of them out there, Freddie Mercury, Billie Joe Armstrong, David Bowie, (even Caligula) to name a few, but my absolute all time favourite has to be la Maupin.

She lived in 1600/1700s France and to be fair, her story has been rewritten and fictionalized quite a bit -- but that doesn't matter to me cause it's just soooo amazing.

So la Maupin (actual name Julie d'Aubignac) was a woman who rocked both singing and swordfighting. The latter was of course a fcking rarety in 1600s France, so you already know she had to be badass. Basically: she cross-dressed as a kid. She ran away from her husband with a fencing master and made a living with him on the streets, still cross-dressing. Then she fell in love with a girl and had an affair with her, and when her parents sent her to a convent to get her away from la Maupin, she actually followed her there, faked her lover's death by putting a nun's corpse in her bed and setting the room on fire, and escaped with her. It only lasted a couple of months between them, but damn.
    Anyway later on she had a dual with another guy, almost killed him, and became his lover a few days later.
    After a few more affairs and sh!t-hit-the-fan moments, she became an opera singer, and a damn good one. Performed in Paris. She was famous with her coworkers for actually beating the crap out of another singer who had been impossibly rude to the women of the opera, and also had a famous smack talk battle with a well-known Parisian noble.
    Sh!t hit the fan again when she made out with a girl during a ball and 3 guys challenged her for a duel. She actually beat them all. But since the law was against duels, she had to flee and took refuge in Brussels, where she briefly dated a high-ranking noble of the Holy Roman empire.
    For some odd reason she died in a convent. She had retired there after the death of her last lover, a French marquise.

Long story short, she was a sass master who spent her life beating people up and/or making out with them and is thus my absolute role model.

Now peace out and never be trapped in a closet. It's dark in there.

Bisexual pride daaaayyyy Tumblr_static_tumblr_static__640

~ Poof ~
    Jase
    Jase

Male
    Number of posts : 144
    Registration date : 2015-04-03

Bisexual pride daaaayyyy Empty Re: Bisexual pride daaaayyyy

Post by Jase 9/25/2016, 5:16 am

i'm late on this but i love this thread so much?? not many people on this site know this (only jake knows, i think) but ur boi jason is Very Bisexual™ and it's really important for bisexuals to be told that our sexuality is valid, and not just 'a phase'. i was lucky enough to have friends and family who showed nothing but support when i came out, but i know this isn't the case for many, many bisexuals (or LGBT+ kids, for that matter). bisexuality is real, and it's valid, so for any bisexuals who've been told it's not real, and just a phase, and have been kept in the closet for that very reason, know that it's just as valid as any of the other sexualities. you have just as much love to give as everyone else. so thanks, morgan, for making this thread. happy belated bisexual visibility day.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 9/26/2016, 9:47 am

Jase wrote:it's really important for bisexuals to be told that our sexuality is valid, and not just 'a phase'.

Preach.

Also, I need to share this.

So my university is a really old university with lots of ancient traditions, etc. Some of you know which one it is, but for privacy/security, I won't say the name.

Anyway, on the 23rd, the LGBT+ society got permission from our principal to fly the bisexual flag from the top of one of our oldest (read:15th century) chapels. Whilst a religious convention was going on. Everyone was perfectly fine with it.
    As someone who's struggled with bi visibility before, seeing this made me enormously happy. It actually made me feel more at home here than ever before.

So guys, there's hope!
    Doug The Turtle

Male
    Number of posts : 2320
    Registration date : 2013-04-20

Post by Doug The Turtle 9/27/2016, 12:17 pm

and remember to all my fellow bisexual people, you're not 'just confused.' your identity is valid and you should have nothing to be ashamed of.