A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

What Matters the Most

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male
    Number of posts : 94
    Registration date : 2017-01-09

What Matters the Most Empty What Matters the Most

Post by avandewiele 1/21/2017, 4:40 pm

Alex ran into the woods, knowing he was late. His cabin mates had waited up for him at first, but he had told them to go on without him, because he refused to come without his belt. The belt had become a part of him,  and he often caught himself using it to call his knives into existence without even consciously thinking of it. It was his first, and only, magic item, and he loved it like a beloved animal friend.
    He had also lost it.
    He had looked everywhere, but hadn't been able to find it, so here he was, sprinting through the foliage of the woods, roots tearing at his feet and thorns at his unprotected legs. He cursed himself for only wearing shorts, and for taking the thorny shortcut he was on now. The see of plants gradually thinned to a few huge trees, and up ahead he could see the light glinting off of the polished armor of the rest of the campers. He only had his leather breastplate, and was pretty sure he had done at least one of the many knots incorrectly.
    He pulled up to the back of the crowd just in time to hear Chiron telling them what this event was all about. Apparently, they would be sorted into teams of two, and be sent into the woods to find the objects most important to each of them. The half-stallion also apologized for the theft of so many of the prized possessions of the campers, and warned against taking the items belonging to others, on Pain of No Dessert.
    Alex heaved a sigh of relief, realizing that must be where his belt had gotten to. He made his way to a list pinned against a tree with the names of all the campers and their partner. He found his name near the bottom of the list, and across from it, Myles Ryder. Well, at least that was one of the few campers he had met, he thought. He turned, searching for Myles among the sea of demigods.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

What Matters the Most Empty Re: What Matters the Most

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2017, 5:07 pm

What Matters the Most Tumblr_oahgtfH5n11uji35eo4_400What Matters the Most Tumblr_oahgtfH5n11uji35eo2_400

Miles was relieved when he was paired up with someone he was at least aware of. Emma had said a lot of good things about Alex, but Emma said good things about almost everyone because of who she was as a person. Miles was interested to find out for himself what he was actually like. Miles was kind of frustrated with the camp for just stealing campers stuff, but he just had to accept it and find his camera. Miles shuffled his way through the large group of demigods looking for Alex. Luckily, he was tall, so it didn't take him too long to spot him. Alex pushed his way to Alex and moved them out to the outside of the group. Once they got out of the sea, Miles looked Alex over and chuckled a little. "First time tying on your armor?" Miles laughed, and started to fix the knots. "What do they have of yours?"

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/22/2017, 5:58 pm

OOC: Sorry for spelling Miles wrong last post

BIC: Alex was glad when Miles grabbed his arm and led him out of the sea of bodies surrounding them. He was even gladder when the older camper began fixing the poorly done knots, laughing at Alex's inexperience good-naturedly. "Yeah, it is. This stuff is wayyy heavier than it looks." He looked back at the older boy as he finished tying the knots. He had spoken with Emma and Allison; it would be good to get to know Miles a bit. "My belt," he said in response to Miles inquiry. "It let me summon my knives, but at least they left those. What did they take from you?"
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/22/2017, 11:24 pm

What Matters the Most Tumblr_oahgtfH5n11uji35eo4_400What Matters the Most Tumblr_oahgtfH5n11uji35eo2_400

Miles continued to untie and retie all of the straps on Alex's camera as they talked. "They have my camera. I'm kind of really bothered about it. That thing is expensive." Miles said, and patted the younger boy on his back once he was done. Miles extended his hand to Alex. "I don't think that we actually formally met. I'm Miles Ryder, son of Hypnos." Miles said while shaking his hand. Miles finished strapping on his own armor. "So, I was running kind of late. What actually do we need to do?" Miles said fixing the sheath for his sword.

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/23/2017, 6:39 pm

Alex grinned and shook the older boy's hand. "Alex Smith, Son of Zephyros." This seemed like the most aware son of Hypnos he had met so far. Definitely the most alert, considering he didn't have a pillow on his person like several of his cabin mates always did. Alex scanned the trees around them, then turned back to Miles and began to explain what he had heard of Chiron's instructions. "So what it is is that they stocked the woods and put an item inside of each monster. Like, literally inside of it. When it's dead, the item will be on the ground as a war trophy. If the item's not ours and it's left alone, the monster will reform once we've left. So we just have to keep killing monsters till we find them, I guess." He noticed many of the other campers staring at Chiron, waiting for something. The centaur raised a horn to his lips and blew it, and the campers started scattering off into the forest. "Let's go!" he called, starting to run.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/24/2017, 12:54 am

Miles groaned as he made his way into the woods. He was getting a bit sick of these camp things, especially after 4 years, but he just kept going. He didn't really relate to the whole Hypnos thing. It was strange, of his cousins, Allison was the most like her godly siblings, and even she was quite a bit different. Miles was alert and aware as a Hypnos kid. Emma was a kind and non-competitive Zelos kid. Dallas was very smart and not hippie for a Psyche kid. Allison was very sociable and interacted well with people. It was just weird.

Miles focused turned back in when suddenly there was a monster in front of then. Miles groaned. It was a small little thing that wouldn't be all that difficult to deal with, but he just wasn't feeling it at all. "I don't wanna." Miles groaned as he pulled his sword out.

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/24/2017, 4:49 pm

Alex and Miles had set off and wandered almost randomly through the greenery, with Miles appearing lost in thought. Alex began going over the names of the different names of the monsters he had learned about so far, and almost didn't hear Mile's "I don't wanna." He focused back in to see a small Kobloi, a mischievous little gremlin. It jumped at miles, heading for his chest, and Alex whipped out his knives and moved to help him. "Look out," he called to the other boy.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/25/2017, 12:02 pm

"I'm too old for this." Miles flicked up his sword up when the creatute flung himself at him. He sword slammed the monster and he evaporated to dust in front of him, a golden locket falling to the ground. Miles slipped the sword back into its sheath and bent down. He picked up the locket and opened it, exposing a picture of a kissing couple. He groaned and dropped it back on the ground. Miles had no patience for couples. He had had only 1 serious girlfriend ever, Acacia, and it had fizzled out pretty fast. He just didn't want to deal with it. "Not us. Let's go."

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/25/2017, 10:51 pm

Alex resheathed his knives, looking at the older camper in awe. There was no way he would have made as quick work of the monster as he had. miles looked more tired than invigorated, though, which made a sort of sense when you considered how many times he must have done this sort of thing, over and over again. Alex looked at the locket and followed Miles, walking along quickly to catch up. He tried to start a conversation as they walked. "Did you recognize the couple in the locket?" he asked innocently.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 1/26/2017, 6:30 pm

Miles pulled his sword out and used his shirt clean it. "Uh, I mean, I know of them. Molly, daughter of Athena, and Kyler, son of Apollo. I know of most everyone here. I've been here for a while." Miles was almost 19 years old and when he first stepped foot on camp property, he had just turned 14. He'd seen a lot in his time there. Now, though, a lot was a bit young for him, but he just couldn't leave yet. Luckily, he got a lot of time away from camp since he was also a full time student at NYU. He was more or less still here so he didn't have to pay room and board. "Do you know many people?"

avandewiele
    avandewiele

Male

Post by avandewiele 1/28/2017, 3:55 pm

Alex laughed. "Can't say I do," he chuckled. In his few weeks here at camp he had come to know his cabin mates pretty well, but that was about it. "I've been more focused on getting better at activities than socializing, I guess. I love the climbing wall, but they should really tell you about the lava before it's about to hit you." He rubbed the singed hairs of his arm unconsciously.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 2/1/2017, 12:52 am

OOC: I'm so sorry. Somehow I never saw the notification for this.

BIC: Miles smiled. "I was like that when I first got here, too. I was never very good at the camp kind of activities, though. I realized that the people that you meet here is what makes it the most special. Everyone is from so many different stories to tell, and... I'm sorry. I'm being lame." Miles said looking down and scratching the back of his neck. Miles saw two people fighting a monster, and dove behind a tree, pulling Alex with him. He watched as the people destroyed the monster, a camera falling to the ground. The people groaned and walked away, but Miles ran over, picking up the camera. "This is mine. I like stories because I'm a filmmaker and a photographer."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/20/2024, 12:51 pm