A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Valerie Wong-Daughter of Thanatos

Nightfleet

Female
    Number of posts : 39
    Registration date : 2018-05-06

Valerie Wong-Daughter of Thanatos Empty Valerie Wong-Daughter of Thanatos

Post by Nightfleet 5/7/2018, 10:24 am

Name: Valerie Wong
    Eyes:  Dark brown
    Hair: Long, just above elbow, and black, tinted grey at times in the light, which is rare
    Height: 5’2
    Body Type: Lanky
    Skin Colour: light tan
    God Parent: Thanatos
    Mortal Parent: Gabrielle Wong, works as a coroner, which is how she met her father
    Country of Origin: China
    Pets: A black Maine Coon called Onyx
    Talents: Flute, agility. Can be very persuasive if she can find the right words.
    Weapon**: Stygian iron short sword,  has a chunk of obsidian on its pommel she uses as a good luck charm. Named Harbinger. Likes short-medium swords which suit her height, can also wield throwing stars and double swords
    Personality: Extremely mistrusting, quiet yet rebellious. While she doesn’t appear a threat, she will defend her beliefs with her life. Is and INFJ. She cannot easily dense emotions and can be described as “cold-hearted”, as she can easily overlook another persons feelings and has a hard time perceiving them, but will not harm another person in cold blood.
    Flaws: Stubborn, low self esteem, can be easily swayed or disabled  by sharp or harsh words. Is extremely skittish but is not easily surprised
    Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional): Can sense if a person is close to dying(at most within a week)but is forbidden to say so, can sense if someone is a person reborn, but is not able to tell who.
    Powers (must relate to god parent; optional): Shadow travel at maximum 20 km unaided, 8 post cool down. Double that with aid or assistance. Can summon and control spirits or undead warriors, up to 6. 6 post cool down for each warrior summoned. Will be knocked out if reaching the maximum or more of above powers.
    Life Before Camp*: She lived in a city on the coast of her mother country. Life was well. Despite being ADHD, her dyslexia wasn’t too bad for a demigod, and she excelled in classes-ironically not in Chinese, her mother tongue. The down side was that she had to be sent to a “posh” private school when she was 8. Her mother worked as a coroner, which was how she met Thanatos, in America during one of her excursions. The monsters didn’t start appearing until she was 10. One day, a manticore attacked her apartment. She got away with minor injuries, but her mother was put into a coma by its toxic spikes. Until she found out she was a demigod, she never knew why the manticore fled when she threatens to kill it while wielding a katana her mother obtained in Japan. She never used it, as she believes it will serve a later purpose, but had taken it to camp with her as a souvenir of her first fight. She was taken in by her aunt. She was a terrible person, and often made her life miserable and tormented her. While she didn’t relish leaving her mother behind, one day, when she found a note with her mothers instructions to a place on Long Island, New York. She managed to pull in a few favours from schoolmates, that she needed a flight to New York. Less than a week later, with only a backpack, her katana(the gods only know how the airport security ignored it), she found herself in the unfamiliar territory of New York. Being fluent in English, she found herself with directions to Long Island, then hailing a taxi with the money she had left. A few hours later would she chance upon the Camp entrance, after stumbling through the woods being attacked by various monsters. The katana turned out to be made from Celestial Bronze, and she suspects her mother may have melted down Celestial Bronze and fitted it. Her experiences left her scarred, and now has claustrophobia from taking the long flight from China to America. She has since learned to trust no one, and it was safer to be alone than with people who were ready to betray you.
    RP Example*: She hated her life. Being chased through the forest? Been there, done that. Hunted down by monsters snarling? Everyday occurrence! Dying is much better, she thought. Why did her mind always come back to dying? Maybe it was an instinct. While everyone feared death, she alone welcomed it, though she never sought it out. Almost at the border, her mind screamed. Her mother’s smiling yet sad face as she headed out of the house to shadow travel herself to the airport. She always hated being in a plane. She decided it’d be better to shadow travel to the camp entrance after getting onto Long Island, but had miscalculated and landed near the woods. No use to dwell on the past, she chided. A thwack behind her, and a spine embedded itself into a tree next to her. There. She had reached the border. Now all that was left to do was kill the manticore that started her life at Camp Half-Blood.
    Any notes about your characters: Has a scar on the inside of her left arm below the wrist, running down for 3 inches. From a Stymphaliam Bird attack.

Last edited by Nightfleet on 5/13/2018, 12:59 am; edited 8 times in total
    Mason
    Mason
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 11340
    Registration date : 2011-11-05

Valerie Wong-Daughter of Thanatos Empty Re: Valerie Wong-Daughter of Thanatos

Post by Mason 5/10/2018, 10:26 pm

Add a little bit more personality, and transfer your note into the flaws section please.

Unfortunately, I don't think she'd be allowed down in the Labyrinth, so you should edit those parts of her history. I applaud you for the creativity though!
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/11/2018, 9:26 am

I’ve edited as per requested, is it okay this way?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 5/12/2018, 10:40 am

Hi!
    I'm sorry we don't allow exotic pets like crowd or rattlesnakes (unless won in a mystery box). Only domesticated pets are allowed.
    Why can she draw power from an onyx stone? Is it related to Thanatos?
    How did she get a katana? Does she do martial arts & has a weapons license? (In jujitsu you need to be purple belt aka within two belts of black belt to get weapons. Idk how it is for Chinese martial arts, I haven't practised any - yet)

Rest looks good! Well done :)
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/13/2018, 1:02 am

I’m sorry, Morgan, but i must’ve worded it wrong. The Onyx is more of a good luck charm etc without much meaning. Also, I’ve been to Japan and I know firsthand that it’s not uncommon for katanas to be sold even in tourist spots. You can just walk into a store and get one in most places, though they are intended for ornamental use and are not sharpened.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/13/2018, 7:36 am

Fair enough! I know its like really nitpicky - prolly cause of my experience with weapons & katanas - but did she get it sharpened before going to the US if it was a blunt weapon? (Tbh blunt katanas are still dangerous as hell.)
    Alternatively, I could allow a one-time divine intervention where monsters attack her and her sword magically gets sharp cause Thanatos isn't about to let his daughter get killed.
    Nightfleet

Female

Post by Nightfleet 5/14/2018, 4:29 am

She did get it sharpened before going to the US(I’m not entirely sure about customs and regulations in the US as I’ve never even been there haha), it’s probably just a matter of filling in some forms and passing a screening.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 5/14/2018, 6:30 am

In my experience with martial arts you need a weapon license & paperwork to get an actual sharp weapon. (Though I'm in the UK so probably quite different in terms of weapon laws. xD)

Tbh there are probably tutorials on how to sharpen things online so I guess that answers the question.

Approved Standing ovation

You will receive your drachmas asap :)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 9:50 pm