A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

arya taylor | psyche

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

arya taylor | psyche Empty arya taylor | psyche

Post by calvin 3/4/2021, 3:04 am

arya taylor | psyche D33b68b4e0c478f82e3b6ba20dea94b2bd80cfab

Arya

Name: Arya Taylor

Eyes: Brown

Hair: Brown

Height: 6'1"

Body Type: Tall and toned.

Skin Color: Brown

God Parent: Psyche, goddess of the soul.

Mortal Parent: Vance Taylor

Country of Origin: United States of America

Pets: None

Talents: Experienced singer, Adept Swordfighter and Archer.

Weapon: CB Dagger

Personality: Arya is an extremely compassionate individual, and is constantly going out of her way for others. She is ironically very soulful, and is nearly always singing or trying to express herself in some way.  She can sometimes come off a little preachy; going on and on about how certain actions can send your soul to Tartarus, and et cetera. Sometimes she can come off a little hard to read in terms of her goals in aspirations, in part because she herself doesn't know what they are and because she doesn't want others to know that she doesn't know. She is a great singer, but isn't at all confident in her singing ability.

Flaws: Insecurities concerning her height and singing voice, dyscalculia, selective amnesia.

Abilities (must relate to god parent; optional):

Spirit Sight and Aura Reading: Arya can see and sense the souls of both the living and the dead, as well as communicate with them. She can tell when someone is lying or telling the truth, if someone is hurting, if someone is happy, etc. by the way it weighs on their soul. It manifests to Arya in different colors which she has learned to distinguish.

Strong Soul: As a child of Psyche, Arya's soul is naturally stronger than most others, granting her enhanced spiritual fortitude and near-indomitable will. Due to this, her soul can travel freely between different planes during astral projection, but she still needs the means to traverse them effectively (i.e. she still needs to cross the River Styx in a boat).

Powers (must relate to god parent; optional):

Astral Projection: Arya can outwardly project her own soul onto the physical plane, at the cost of her body being asleep until her soul returns. While astral projecting, Arya is intangible and can walk through physical objects as well as float through the air. This power can be used once per topic for 3 posts consecutively.

Soul Healing: If Arya senses something weighing on an individual's soul, she can temporarily ease their mind and body, making them more relaxed and better equipped to handle the situation they're dealing with. The effect can be used 3 times per topic per 3 individuals (i.e., she can use the ability 3 times per topic, once per person she uses it on). The effect lasts until the topic comes to a close. 4 post recharge time between uses.

Telepathy: Arya can use telepathy by directly communicating with the target's soul. She can use this ability 4 times per topic with a two post cooldown.

Life Before Camp: Before Camp Half-Blood, Arya lived life as a poor kid in the Bronx. She went to a public school where she was not the most popular. As a black girl in the Bronx, she was no stranger to constant harassment from any guy in the area or strange looks or comments from others because she was a different race. Her home life wasn't so great either. Her father was abusive, in part because he knew what Arya was, and he didn't believe in it. He saw Arya as hellspawn; the Devil. Arya developed depression as a result of the abuse, and manifested mental blockades that keep her from remembering those traumatic events; diagnosed as selective amnesia. Arya participated in Choir throughout middle and high school, and while her school system's musical programs were severely underfunded, she did what she could to remain active in said programs. She held a few small jobs throughout high school, like working the register at a corner store, but it was nothing that brought her the money that she wanted.

RP Example:

"You know that's, like, mad bad for you, right? I say to Niki. We're on the boardwalk, and she's just bought herself a funnel cake. "Here for a good time. C'est la vie, all that." Niki replies, her mouth stuffed and her lips caked in powdered sugar. "Don't look at me when you need bypass surgery, homie." I reply with a smug smirk. We both chuckle and keep walking. She finishes the coma-inducing food and tosses it in the trash. "You should've gotten one. Put some meat on ya bones." Niki jokes. "Yeah, I think the word you were looking for was fat. Common mistake." I retort. "So what, you gonna live off kale smoothies and avocado toast all ya life? Be real." she complains. "Um, first of all kale smoothies make my poop green. Not a fan." I laugh, continuing. "Second of all, I'm just trying to live a good life, b. You know ya body is a temple." I explain. "Dios mío. To each their own, I guess." Niki concedes.

We walk the boardwalk for what feels like hours and I finally check my phone out of instinct. "Sh*t." I murmur under my breath. "What's up?" Niki asks, a concerned look on her face. I show her my screen; 3 texts from my dad an hour ago asking where I was. "Sh*t is right. I'm walking you. Hopefully if I'm with you when we get there he'll keep his hands to himself." she says sternly. "You know that's wishful thinking." I reply, frowning.

HaleyTheRandom
    HaleyTheRandom
    Meme Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 929
    Registration date : 2015-01-14

arya taylor | psyche Empty Re: arya taylor | psyche

Post by HaleyTheRandom 3/5/2021, 2:52 pm

Approved!

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 9:25 pm