A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Lunar New Year

FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male
    Number of posts : 264
    Registration date : 2017-07-04

Lunar New Year  Empty Lunar New Year

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/3/2022, 5:00 am

Kyungsuk had almost forgotten what day it was. Almost. Her law studies kept her extra busy but a few texts from Korean friends and a video call from her mother reminded her of the holiday. She sighed as she came down the stairs of her dorm, barefaced, sporting an NRU sweater and comfortable jeans, her head still full of law problems.

Her dorm was located on a hill so the bay windows in the dining hall always offered grandiose views over the city. She hadn't been so lucky with the view from her room though, which looked over a small plaza where toddlers and children played every day. Sometimes as early as 7 am, the little sh!ts. She really had to invest in better earbuds.

Despite being here a whole semester, Kyungsuk hadn't made many friends. If it weren't for Lindia and a few others, her social circle would be nonexistent.
    It wasn't like Kyungsuk didn't want to make friends. She did! But more often than not, people were put off by her. Guys pretended she was invisible until it was time to pick her for a sports team or a combat mission. And girls... well, apart from the ones she met in gay bars, she hadn't managed to make more than superficial acquaintances.

She reclined on one of the couches, earbuds in, and raised her hand at an aura. The nymph smiled, disappeared in a gust of wind and came back carrying a tray of dumplings, noodles, and Korean soup. She frowned. A pang of emotion hit her. They... prepared food? For Lunar New Year? She was so used to Western meals here that she had all but expected them to forget a sizeable portion of their campers celebrated different holidays.

The aura set the tray down in front of her, wished her an enjoyable meal, and went on to get the next demigod's order. Kyungsuk looked over the appetizing arrangement, inhaling deeply. Rice cake soup, crab omelettes, extra-long noodles, kimchi dumplings... they really had outdone themselves. There was even a small pitcher of sujeonggwa, the cinnamon punch she loved so much!

She toyed with her food for a second, suddenly feeling more alone and isolated than ever. She was supposed to be with her mother today, back in South Korea, and do charye together. If it weren't for covid travel restrictions, she would be enjoying a feast right now at their house with her and all the women from their shelter.

Instead she was here. Lindia was off the gods know where with her girlfriend, Tiberia was on a mission. She looked at her reflection in the bowl of soup.

"Well, happy New Year Kyungsuk," she sighed in Korean and dug in.
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Lunar New Year  Empty Re: Lunar New Year

Post by honey 2/3/2022, 11:33 pm

you never gave a warning sign
    Lunar New Year  630a159e7e7b4c824f55e3026d2d17e41f70c7a7
    QINGYE YU

Qingye grumbled under her breath, smoothing the skirt down on her dress as she settled into her plush seat. Honestly, she hadn't planned on coming here, but it was the first place she could think of when she was trying to shake Yueying off. Her idiot half-sister had literally pounced on her as soon as Qingye had finished changing into her clothes for the day - her worn pair of boots, leggings, and the comfiest, slouchiest sweater dress she owned (she had to wear loose clothing if she wanted to last through Lianming's New Year's cooking without bursting in an over-full albeit happy explosion). "New Year, New Year, New Year," Yueying had chanted over and over, voice loud and annoying in Qingye's ears as she clung to her like a limpet, resembling an American child on Christmas morning more than a Roman demigod.

After beating Yueying into submission, Qingye had escaped to the store several blocks away to buy some drinks to take to Lianming's apartment later. She had loitered around the store until she'd caught sight of Yueying hanging off of her boyfriend's arm, and she slipped away before she could hear Yueying's triumphant screech at having found Qingye again. And then, ducking into the first dorm she saw, she'd ended up here.

She might have left pretty soon after arriving, had she not caught the scent of food and realized that she hadn't had breakfast yet. Well, it would be more like lunch now, she supposed. The point was that the scent was strangely familiar, and when she turned towards the source of the smell, she saw an aura handing a demigod nearby a tray of dumplings and noodles and such. Qingye's brows lifted in surprise - she wasn't aware that there were other demigods other than her and her siblings who celebrated Lunar New Year at NRU, and especially that the aura were so accommodating.

Qingye raised her hand as well, and after the aura had handed her a similar tray of spring rolls, niangao, steamed chicken, and fruit, she cleared her throat. "Happy New Year," she called to the other demigod with a small but genuine smile.
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/5/2022, 11:47 am

Kyungsuk looked up. In front of her stood an Asian girl of about her age, with dark pin-straight her and an athletic physique. She also held a tray of New Year food, which actually made Kyungsuk smile. I know, incredible.

"You're celebrating too?" she asked, making room so she could sit with her on the couch. She had never really grown used to reclining on the side Roman-style. It was weird and a bit uncomfortable.

"Gotta say, I almost forgot it was today," she said, picking up a morsel with her chopsticks. "Sue me."
    honey
    honey
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3396
    Registration date : 2011-11-12

Post by honey 2/6/2022, 3:59 pm

you never gave a warning sign
    Lunar New Year  630a159e7e7b4c824f55e3026d2d17e41f70c7a7
    QINGYE YU

After the slightest hesitation, Qingye took a seat next to the girl, placing her tray of food in her lap. "I am," she confirmed with a nod as she picked up her own pair of chopsticks, and dug in before her stomach could start rumbling embarrassingly. She couldn't help hum, pleasantly surprised, at the first bite of the spring roll - it was actually really good, maybe even almost as good as Lianming's cooking. Almost.

"Gotta say, I almost forgot it was today, sue me." the girl said, and Qingye sighed, rolling her eyes. "I can't blame you," she huffed, pushing a niangao on her plate with her chopsticks. "I might not have remembered if my annoying sister hadn't kept reminding me every five seconds."
    FinnsRainbow
    FinnsRainbow

Male

Post by FinnsRainbow 2/8/2022, 6:44 am

"Funny how living in the West makes you lose track of these things," Kyungsuk said, blowing on a hot dumpling. "I'm still trying to get used to all those Roman festivals." She stuffed the dumpling in her mouth with a satisfying crunch.
    The other girl had an intimidating vibe. She was taller than she was, on the lean side. Kyungsuk glanced at the tattoo on her arm. "You were a centurion, huh? Nice going."  

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/7/2024, 8:53 am