A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

I'm sorry, how much for that coke?

pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 11772
    Registration date : 2010-10-15

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? Empty I'm sorry, how much for that coke?

Post by pilot 2/15/2022, 6:30 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? F4ac3652d3939545c284c37dc79e212c6dc0d5b4

Lucas had been in the store for about fifteen minutes already. Partially, because he couldn't figure out what he wanted to drink, and the other reason was because he was also trying to read a book while look around the store. In all honestly, there wasn't even that many options for drinks in the small store, but his book was really good. Once he finished this chapter he was pretty sure he would be able to focus on the drinks. The chapter only had two pages left, but the dyslexia thing was gonna turn the five minute read into a thirty minute read, and at the moment he didn't really care that he looked really odd standing in front of the drink refrigerator with a book open, with his glasses slipping down his nose.

Eventually he forced himself to put them book back into his bag. Even though the book was now an even bigger cliff hanger than it was before. He now just had to decide if he wanted a soda or a juice. But they were out of coca cola, which was what he would have wanted if he decided on soda.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder
    This user coded the site!

Female
    Number of posts : 1828
    Registration date : 2012-09-10

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? Empty Re: I'm sorry, how much for that coke?

Post by sienna 2/15/2022, 6:46 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? 90daf32721b0fd0bc2ebdbb67d2f6ac4b1a749d5I'm sorry, how much for that coke? 19535319d7ccb512f08b16f5b271aa4b64f5437e

Analiese sat crosslegged on the cool linoleum floor of the camp store, slowly stocking the bottom shelf with snacks. She didn't mind working at the store, in fact, she volunteered most of the time. It was quiet for most of the day, people came and went as they pleased, and it meant she didn't have to do the other activities that she hated. Like the climbing wall. She wasn't particularly known for her strength, and they decided to add lava to the equation.

Plus, she could earn money working at the store. It wasn't as much as she earned in her, well, other activities, but every penny counted. Rent in New Rome wasn't cheap, neither were groceries. She had a goal in mind, about 12 thousand. It would get her through the down payment and first and last months rent. Plus money to cushion herself come a rainy day.

The bell of the camp store rang, and she stood up abruptly. One of her regulars had told her that someone was coming to buy cocaine. He didn't give her a name, but just said that he'd have him find her. He hadn't shown up yet, and she was beginning to think he blew her off, which she didn't appreciate. Having even a gram of coke on her for too long was dangerous. She preferred to keep the drugs far away from her, unless she needed to deal something.

Analiese weaved through the aisles, looking for whoever entered. She found him at the wall of coolers, and she sidled up to him, putting on her most pleasant voice, which left her feeling a little nauseous the second she opened her mouth.

"Looking for something?" she asked sweetly.

pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 2/15/2022, 7:03 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? D1cf16a30de621d8ec28641505a3d2e1f6d453aa

"Huh...? OH... Uhh..." Lucas said, well he actually didn't say anything. He hadn't noticed her walk over to him. There wasn't anyone else in the store, so he was assuming she worked here. Maybe he was taking to long to decide? Or maybe she thought he was weird for reading his book? Both were very possible. Crap, now he was pretty sure he was taking to long to answer her question. "Yeah, actually you guys have any coke in the store room?" He asked awkwardly. Shit, he really wanted juice, and he wouldn't even have had to ask anything about that, since the juice was fully stocked. Too late now, can't back out. That would just make it more awkward.

Last edited by pilot on 2/23/2022, 2:26 am; edited 1 time in total
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 2/15/2022, 7:12 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? 90daf32721b0fd0bc2ebdbb67d2f6ac4b1a749d5I'm sorry, how much for that coke? 19535319d7ccb512f08b16f5b271aa4b64f5437e

The minute that the guy spoke Analiese was pretty sure he wasn't her guy. He was awkward, to say the least. Plus there was the whole book thing. The guys that came in for coke were much different. Sleezy might be a good word for it, confident might be a nicer one. Except then, he asked for the coke. Maybe it should teach her not to judge a book by its cover.

"Yeah," She said, her voice dropping the saccharine inflection, "Next time, be on time."

She jogged back to her place behind the counter, pulling out the baggie of coke, and briskly walking back. She liked to keep her exchanges short and sweet, so nobody else could walk in.

"That'll be fifty." Normally she charged thirty, but he was late and it was his first time, so she figured if she could get away with it, she would.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 2/15/2022, 7:31 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? 850d968e9a15b4a9b26d62d5d8e37121585d4cd0

Lucas didn't have enough time to answer, she had already ran away to get said coke. He wondered if he should follow her, but she would be half way back before he made up his mind anyway. He had gotten distracted by the bookshelf that was right next to the coolers anyway. No new books, actually he was pretty sure the last time camp ordered new books had been at least 20 years before he was even born. Also they were covered in dust.

He hadn't looked at her again right away, didn't think he needed to. He had assumed they were definitely out of his choice of soda by the way she had come back so quickly. "Fifty? Seriously, coke can't be that good?" He smirked, he meant it as a joke. But like seriously why was a bottle of soda fifty dollars?

Then he looked up. And really the little baggy in her hand could be anything, maybe she really liked sugar. Or maybe they were both talking about two different types of coke? "u-" He couldn't even get the sound of uhhh to come out, and didn't know what to say at this point. Maybe take it anyway?

Last edited by pilot on 2/16/2022, 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 2/15/2022, 4:54 pm

Analiese never liked when people tried to haggle with her. She went through the trouble, and danger, of talking with her supplier, storing the contraband, risking her own hide to provide them with a weeknights fun. The least they could do was pay her what she asked.

This must have been Matts doing. The guy talked entirely too much, and while the referrals were convenient, he really didn't understand the consequences for doing so. She was certainly overcharging him next time as punishment.

"It's fifty or nothing." She said, her patience wearing thin, "Take it or leave it"
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 2/15/2022, 6:31 pm

Now there were multiple different scenarios that he could see happening, he could pay the money take the drugs, and throw them out. Or he could try the cocaine? Or he could tell her that this was a huge huge huge mix up and he had wanted a soda.

There was just one probably, he didn’t have fifty bucks on him right now. So he had no choice but to say, “Uh… Yeah so when i said coke… I didn’t mean Coke, i meant the soda?” The words came out awkward , and he wasn’t really sure what to do. Then he stood there awkwardly, because what else does one do when they’re offered drugs. Did he look like he does drugs, he wondered.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 2/16/2022, 5:43 am

Analiese was silent for a second. Nothing like this had ever happened. She palmed the coke, slowly pulling her hand behind her back as if she could undo him seeing that. This was a fantastic way for her to get caught and thrown out of camp. Let's be real, though, it wouldn't come to that. She'd find a way out of it.

"Is uh," Analiese pulled open the cooler door next to her and brought out a bottle of soda, "Is Pepsi okay?"

She eyed him up and down. She could convince him not to say anything. The guy looked like he got spooked by butterflies. She held out the bottle of Pepsi out to him, standing her ground. He seemed embarrassed about the mixup, but not offended. If she played it cool, she'd most definitely get out of here alive. Matt sure wasn't though. Next time he would be dropping names and descriptions.
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 2/16/2022, 7:10 am

Lucas wasn’t entirely sure what to do, on one hand the girl definitely looked like she could kill him if she wanted to, but he could tell that she was smarter than that. On the other hand she seemed just as embarrassed as he was, so maybe he’d be fine? The problem was, he was Lucas, and Lucas needed to say something to try and make things less awkward, even though he did not ever in a million years ever say the right thing. But the words would roll out of his mouth like they always do, just like they were right now, before he could stop it. “You know… they call it coke cause it used to actually be made with coke… so i guess it could be a common mistake.”

Really, he didn’t blame his father for a lot of things, but the man could have at least forced him to talk to his peers every once in a while, and maybe, just MAYBE, dumb stuff wouldn’t leave his mouth as often as it did. “… ye-yeah i’ll take the pepsi.” He finally answered, praying that wouldn’t be the last thing he ever said.
    sienna
    sienna
    Official Site Coder

Female

Post by sienna 2/23/2022, 2:22 am

Analiese could practically feel the tension in the room, and the silence stretching on until he spoke again. Honestly, she knew she was getting out of this fine, she always did. She'd certainly make sure of it at least. She kept her calm position, her arm outstretched, invading his space instead of him invading hers. She knew how to play mind games.

"You know… they call it coke cause it used to actually be made with coke… so i guess it could be a common mistake."

Analiese cocked an eyebrow at him, but didn't respond. Yeah, she could definitely take him. She couldn't say that about many of the people here. In fact, she was an expert at avoiding conflict for this reason. But it was nice to know there was someone she could tackle to the ground if need be. Especially when that person held the ability to turn her in.

"Okay," she said, turning smoothly and walking to the register"follow me and I'll ring you up"
    pilot
    pilot
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by pilot 2/23/2022, 2:37 am

I'm sorry, how much for that coke? D1cf16a30de621d8ec28641505a3d2e1f6d453aa

Lucas nodded slowly, "ok," and followed her to the register. Part of him thought that maybe he should say something, like maybe let her know that he didn't want any trouble and that he wasn't going to tell anyone. Honestly that didn't even cross his mind to even tattle on him. It's not like she was the only dealer in town, or the only demigod here who did something even mildly against the rules. Crap, even he's smoked weed with a couple of his half siblings in the forest. It did not end up well but it was still against the rules, even if they got attacked by more than one monster that night.

But on the other hand he's opened his mouth one too many times already, and he did not want to say something even more stupid. She was already kind enough to ignore the first one. Even though her face had told him that she really wanted to bash his brains in. He placed the PEPSI on the counter once she got behind the register to ring it up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 9:05 am