A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Casual Criminals

calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 800
    Registration date : 2014-03-11

Casual Criminals Empty Casual Criminals

Post by calvin 6/10/2023, 9:59 am

Casual Criminals 5d05dad2e310859dab1fceafbe740d74d9951d2d

Being the child of a god isn't easy, but it's much harder when your parent makes you critical of every step you take. I've always been an environmentalist, but knowing who my father is makes me just that much more concerned about all of my actions. Oh Gods, what did I just release into the air? is now quite the common thought whenever I light a fire for any reason. Seeing the news doesn't help either. Deforestation, chemical waste, air pollution, it all enrages me to a bitter end. Some people are okay turning a blind eye to these kinds of things, but not I. I like to take my anger to the source.

There's this new kid I met, a child of Demeter, who seems to think the way I do. There are apparently a good bit of us who actually give a damn about the environment, and it's endearing. After all, our parents are the gods and goddesses of some ecological aspect. The best way to make change is to cause trouble, and that's exactly what we're going to do. I await her arrival just outside of the camp's walls.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Casual Criminals Empty Re: Casual Criminals

Post by Morgan Landry 6/11/2023, 12:50 pm

Being back in Camp Half-Blood was so nice. Although she had been living in New Rome for a few years now, seeing the gleaming marble buildings stretching all the way to the sea jolted her heart. This was home, and always would be. But for once, she wasn't back just to take a ride on a pegasus and catch up with her demigod friends. She was on a mission. So to say. Since the attacks on New Rome, she had put together a ragtag group of demigods, nymphs, satyrs and fauns to re-plant trees, protect local flora and fauna, and filter trash out of water. In short: operation save the planet. She needed as many people as possible, so she had decided to dip back to Camp Half-Blood.

"Hey," she said to the girl waiting for her. "Are you ready?"
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/12/2023, 11:37 am

In the midst of some positive self-talk, a voice snaps me back to reality. "Hey, are you ready?" the voice says to me. "As I'll ever be." I shoulder my bag and ground myself. It's all gonna be alright, I tell myself. You're going to be just fine. Leaving camp at this stage in my life isn't easy, especially considering we're probably about to get arrested, but it's manageable when there's a worthy cause. "Let's get after it. Best if no one sees us leave." I say as I begin to take my first few steps away from the tree stump I've been leaning against. "I'm Kyra, by the way. Not sure if I've told you that or not, it gets hard to keep track of these days."
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/13/2023, 7:42 pm

"Yes, Kyra, daughter of Aeolus," Jana Kay smiled cheerfully. "I know you. You gave me a run for my money in sparring a couple years back, remember?"
    The daughter of Demeter had gotten much better in combat after moving to New Rome, but she remembered how swiftly children of wind gods could move. And swiftness was just what she needed on this mission.
    Jana was wearing a pair of camouflage pants from the camp shop, which actually adopted the colours of the background. She hadn't put it on the top level yet so it looked like her upper body was floating in mid air only intermittently. Her long blonde hair was tied back into a bun and her sword hung at her side. Just in case.
    "I've tied the pegasi a little lower, come this way," she said and disappeared into the thickets.
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/14/2023, 12:21 pm

I smile at the notion of Jana Kay remembering my name, considering at times I can't do the same for myself. "Surprisingly, yeah," I say, shoving my hands into the pockets of my cargo shorts. "I actually do remember. You weren't so bad yourself."

On our walk, I tuck my hair behind my ears and roll up the sleeves in my shirt. It's tight but breathable, and the rolled-up sleeps make me look a bit tougher. The gray also repels a surprising amount of heat. I continue to follow as Jana Kay calls out, pushing myself into the underbrush. "This is always my favorite part." I say, sarcastically.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/15/2023, 7:14 am

"Oh, sorry," she said and waved her hand. A slight tug in her stomach and the thickets parted in front of Kyra, letting her slip through without getting caught on thorns and branches. After a short walk they reached the place where she'd tied up two pegasi, one roan and one bay with a white spot on the forehead.

"Alright, let's go over the plan one more time. We're targeting these golf links right here," she said, showing her the spot on a map. "The goal is to mess it up beyond recognition with native wildflowers and trees. Your wind powers are going to be key to disseminate the seeds. Everything clear?"
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/15/2023, 11:01 am

Jana Kay waves her hand like magic, the foliage around me parts as if she were Moses. Can Greeks believe in Christianity? Oh Gods, am I blaspheming right now by considering it? I think to myself, continuing into the clearing where the pegasi reside.

My new criminal companion goes over the plans with me once more, ensuring my understanding. I listen intently to make sure the plan goes off without a hitch. "Aye, aye, cap'n." I say, standing at attention with a playful salute. "So," I continue. "Which one is mine?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/16/2023, 3:23 am

"Perfect. This one's yours," Jana said, giving her the reigns to the nickering roan pegasus. She'd picked these pegasi because they were fast and easy to manage. A carrot here and there and they were as friendly as a capybara. Which was perfect for somebody who could make carrots grow with a snap of her fingers.

"One last thing," she said as she swung herself into the saddle. "This is a mortal-only mission so keep your phone on flight mode unless absolutely necessary. We don't want to attract any monsters."

She adjusted her leg straps, checked the time, and pulled on a Greek helmet with a shaggy crest of horsehair. The celestial bronze gave off a faint glow in the dark. She turned to Kyra and smiled through her helmet, "Ready?"
    calvin
    calvin

Other / Decline to state

Post by calvin 6/22/2023, 11:43 am

After being handed the reins to the roan pegasi, I giddily hop on. I haven't ridden one of these in ages. Kinda useless when you can fly, but it's nice not to have to exert unnecessary energy when I don't have to. Flying is exhausting.

"Mortal-only mission. You got it." I reply to Jana Kay's instructions, pulling my phone from my pocket and setting it to airplane mode. Bringing monsters along for the ride would suck, so the instruction was definitely warranted.

Upon horseback, I pull my hair back into a ponytail and tuck some of the errant hair behind my ears. The hair usually gets in my face when the wind blows at high speeds to it's better to just have it all out of the way. "Ready?" Jana Kay says to me. "As I'll ever be." I respond, gripping the reins tighter in my hands.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 6/29/2023, 10:56 am

Jana kicked her heels and her pegasus lunged forward, jumping up into the air with a powerful wingbeat. The wind rushed into her ears. She held an arm in front of her helmet's eye-holes as the pegasus burst through the forest canopy, climbing into the night sky.
    Underneath her, the trees stretched out on all sides bathed in moonlight. She could see Long Island Sound on the side and the faint glitter of the sea. They followed the line of the coast for a while before dipping inland, heading towards the glowing shapes of stylish mansions and luxury resorts.
    Jana Kay gestured to Kyra to fly higher. They didn't want to be spotted from the ground. Her ears popped a little as her own pegasus rose towards the clouds, the air up here distinctly cooler.

"There!" she suddenly shouted over the wind, pointing at a sprawling spot of darkness ahead. "That's the golf course!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content