A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+5
I<3MyBrit
Aiden
Aisling Blaise
BallinLeBron6
Steve Rogers
9 posters

Angel Eyes

Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

Angel Eyes Empty Angel Eyes

Post by Steve Rogers 7/24/2010, 8:14 pm

This is an original story of a blind girl who's life if altered by her guardian angel
    Proglog:

I ran outside. Finally, it was time to light fireworks. The 4th of July was always my favorite holidays. I sat in one of the big white chairs on the lawn and watched as my dad lit the fireworks. I stared in awe as the colors exploded right before my eyes. I ran over to my father.
    “Daddy, can I light a firework?”
    “I don’t know, Ashley. You’re only eight years old.”
    I stood up as strait and tall as I could. “I’m big enough. Really!”
    My father gave me a funny look and smiled. “You can light the Yeah Baby! if you be really careful.”
    I jumped up and down joyfully. The Yeah Baby! was my favorite. It shot twenty colorful blasts thirty feet in the air, where they exploded into a shower of rainbow. Where I lived in Moab, Utah, these kind of fireworks were just on the boarder line of “legal”.
    My father set the firework in the middle of the road. I walked over with the match box. I took out a match and struck it on the side of the box. I touched the fuse with the tip of the flame and ran. I looked back but nothing was happening. I stopped.
    “Daddy, why won’t it work?” I asked my father.
    “I don’t know, Ashley. But don’t go near it yet. Wait a minuet.”
    We waited for something to happen for five minuets or so, and then I walked over to the firework. I looked down the barrel of the firework. I nudged it and kicked it, but nothing seemed too happened. That’s when I made my worst mistake. I picked the firework up and shook the firework. Suddenly a huge array of sparks shot out at my face and into my eyes. I dropped the firework and screamed. I started crying and passed out. Later, the Doctor said that I had burned my corneas. He said I would probably be fine, but he was wrong. Over the next six months I started to lose my vision and eventually became totally blind. I had to learn to do everything a new way. I had to learn to read brail; I had to learn to find my way with out seeing where I was going. I thought I was lost forever in a world of darkness. And I was, until I met my Guardian Angel.
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1621
    Registration date : 2010-01-26

Angel Eyes Empty Re: Angel Eyes

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/25/2010, 5:38 pm

Intresting.I'm hooked.
    Aisling Blaise
    Aisling Blaise
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 12261
    Registration date : 2010-03-10

Post by Aisling Blaise 7/25/2010, 5:50 pm

Continue! Continue! Continue!
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/26/2010, 1:03 am

Chapter 1: Crystaline

I walked into my 8th grade Geometry class room one October morning. Almost five years had passed since the incident that had caused my blindness. I could say that my life went on relatively unchanged, after the incident. I learned to maneuver in the world; to cope with my blindness. I taught myself to use my other senses to tell where I was and what was going on around me. I went to school regularly. I learned to read and write. I participated in all of my normal school activities. I even learned to play the piano. I could say that my life when on relatively unchanged, but I would be lying. When I left my home for any reason, I had to be accompanied by someone else. They had to hold my hand and guide my to where ever I was going, even when I assured them that I knew where I was going. I was stopped in the store and on the street. I was always being asked if I needed help getting to where I was going. I pretty much lost my sense of individuality. School was no better. I was constantly being bullied. Teachers stopped in the middle of class to ask if I was doing ok. My homework and all of my reading material was written in Brail. I couldn’t even ride on the normal school bus! I forgot what color looked like. I forgot the faces of most of my friends and family. At night, I often tried to remember what they looked like, picturing their faces and wondering how they’d changed.
    I sat down at my desk.
    “Well if it isn’t little Lost Face.” A girl walked up to my desk, followed by two other girls.
    “What do you want, Marliena?” I asked.
    “Oh, nothing, little Lost Face. Just wanted to make sure you got to your desk ok.” She smirked and walked back to her desk.
    Marliena was a tall girl with black hair and cruel brown eyes. She thought she was the greatest person to ever walk the earth, and fed on other people’s misery. She spent her time tearing people down and praying on their mistakes.
    Carrie ands Victoria always followed Marliena. Carrie was also pretty tall. She had long blonde hair, which she always wore in a pony tail. She had deep blue eyes and wasn’t afraid of anybody. Victoria was a little shorter than Carrie. She had strait red hair and green eyes. Carrie and Victoria followed Marliena everywhere. They did everything she did. It was really annoying.
    The teacher, Mrs. Laura, walked in just as the girls sat down. She stood up in the front of the room and addressed the class. She started the math lesson and drew up problems on the board.
    “Alright, who would like to do the problem on the board?” She asked.
    “I bet Ashley would like to.” Marliena taunted. “Oh wait. She’s blind.”
    “Why don’t you, Marliena?” I retorted. “Oh wait, you can’t do simple Geometry problems without cheating!”
    “Wow. I’m so offended.” She said flatly. “Just so you know, I’m rolling by eyes.”
    I stood up. “I’ll roll your whole head!”
    “Ashley!” Mrs. Laura said. “Come with me out in the hall.” She walked out of the class room. I began to follow her. As I left, I could hear the girls giggling.
    “Look, I know it’s hard when you can’t see anything...” Mrs. Laura started.
    How would you know?! You’ve never been blind! I bit my tongue.
    “…But you have to learn to control yourself.”
    I tried my best not to roll my eyes.
    “Do you understand?”
    “Yes.”
    “Good. I’m glad we had this talk.” She concluded and walked back into the classroom.
    I sighed and followed her. I sat down at my desk and stayed quiet. After a few minuets a note landed on my desk.
    Did poor little Lost Face get it trouble again?
    Haha! You deserve it!
    I rolled my eyes. Wow you morons. HELLO!! I can’t read! I’m kind of blind! I thought to myself, as I crumpled up the paper.
    I managed to stay quiet for the rest of class. When the bell finally rang, I ran outside. I sat on a bench and ate my lunch.
    “Hey look girls, a new kid.” I heard Marliena say from across the courtyard.
    “Look at her hair and eyes? What are you, a ghost?” Victoria laughed.
    Carrie took the girl’s lunch and smashed it in her face. “Oops.” She said. “You got a little something on your face.” The girls walked off laughing.
    The girl they were harassing was about thirteen years old. She had long, strait, silver hair, and ghostly pale blue eyes, like mine.
    I walked over to her. “I’m sorry you had to go through that.” I said. “Their jerks. They prey on other people’s misery.”
    The girl smiled. “Thanks.” She said.
    I held out my hand to her. “I’m Ashley.”
    She took my hand and shook it. “Hi.” She said. “I’m Crystaline.”
    Aisling Blaise
    Aisling Blaise
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 12261
    Registration date : 2010-03-10

Post by Aisling Blaise 7/26/2010, 8:02 am

I hate this story sooo much! How can you people stand it!

Continue!

I can't stand that you make te chapter sooooo short!

I wanna read it! I love it soooo much!

Continue! Continue! I'm hooked on it!

Continue! Continue! Continue! Continue! Continue!

You have an awesome writing gift!
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/26/2010, 12:06 pm

That's kinda sad.Make another chapter
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 12436
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

Post by Aiden 7/26/2010, 12:33 pm

I love it!!!! Continue!!!!!!!!
    I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3956
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

Post by I<3MyBrit 7/26/2010, 5:09 pm

I LOVE IT!!
    Aiden
    Aiden
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 12436
    Registration date : 2010-04-09

Post by Aiden 7/26/2010, 5:09 pm

IKR!!! ITS AWESOME
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/27/2010, 11:25 pm

Whens the next chapter comin
    Chuck
    Chuck
    Pokemon

Female
    Number of posts : 21941
    Registration date : 2010-03-13

Post by Chuck 7/28/2010, 1:44 am

I like it! Yeah the chapters are a bit short, but it's okay. There are a few things I'd like to point out to you, though.

She is blind so she can't see people. Why is she describing them then? You should have her use her other senses. Say the mean girl smells like a certain perfume or something. Maybe she touches Crystaline's hand and feels that it's perfectly smooth or something. You don't have to use these exact examples, but it can give you a good idea of what you want.

For school, at least, I'm thinking she should have a personal assistant. Someone who reads her homework for her and helps her understand what the teacher writes on the board. Or you could have her listen to tapes/cds for her "reading." I don't know if novels and such are written in braille. I'm not an expert, so if you've done research or know someone in middle school who is blind, then that's great and you should use that, not what I've said.

I'm not trying to be mean, I'm trying to help you improve because you should keep writing! :)
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/28/2010, 10:30 pm

ok I'm working on the chapter right now. Sorry, I was camping. No electronics whatsoever.
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/28/2010, 10:32 pm

OK
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/29/2010, 1:41 am

Chapter 2: Reed Line Middle School

Over the next week, Crystaline became my best friend. She was the first friend I had ever had at Reed Line Middle School. She sat by me at lunch, and offered to walk me home, after school. One day, as I walked with her, I notices that she had a certain aura about her, almost like she was glowing.
    “So, how do you do the homework?” She asked.
    “They write all of my homework in Brail. It’s annoying, really, because then I have to complete the homework in plain, old English. That’s how I do all of my homework.” I replied.
    “Were you blind all of your life?” She asked.
    I stopped. “No. when I was eight, I had an… accident… with some fireworks. My life changed that day.”
    “Oh… I’m so sorry.” she said. I was sort of surprised to hear her say that because she actually sounded sorry, like it was her fault.
    I didn’t know what to say. We walked in silence the rest of the way. When we got to my house I said good bye to her and walked inside.
    “Ashley!” My mom yelled when I walked inside. “You know you shouldn’t walk home alone!”
    “Mom, I didn’t! I went with my knew friend, Crystaline!” I replied.
    “I’ve never heard of her. I want to know all about this girl before you start walking home with her!”
    “Why? Because you don’t think I’m responsible enough?”
    “No! you know that’s not what I think! But, do you know how easy it would be for someone to take advantage of you?”
    “Why?” Tears came to my eyes. “Because I’m blind?”
    “No! It’s just…” My mom started. But she didn’t continue because I was already upstairs.
    I ran into my room and threw my book bag on the floor. I jumped onto my bed and started to cry. After a minuet or two, I stood up and walked over to my desk. I pulled out my home work. I ran my hand over the paper and started to write. I finished my homework an hour later. I flopped on my bed again. After awhile I heard the garage door open. My dad was probably home.
    “Ashley!” I heard my Dad call from downstairs. “will you come down here for a second?”
    I sighed and sat up. I walked downstairs.
    “Ah! There you are.” I heard him pull up a chair and sit down. “Go on, it down.” I sat down.
    I closed my eyes and listened carefully. I heard my mom in the hallway. I slumped down in my chair. “Ok, how does Mom want to ruin my life this time?” I said with fake enthusiasm.
    “Well, look. I’m sure she doesn’t want to ruin your life but…” My Dad started.
    “Well, last year she called my school and told all of the teachers to hold my hand and walk me around. The year before, she told the principal to assign a student to accompany me everywhere. The year before that, she wanted the Recess Lady to put me on a leash at recess. Shall I continue?”
    My dad sighed sympathetically. “Just hear me out.”
    I gave him a bored look. “Go ahead, impress me.”
    He sighed. “Well, your mother thinks that we should put you in a…”
    “A what?”
    “A new school.”
    I stood up faster than I ever had before. “What?! You want me to what?!”
    “Look, I know it seems like a bad idea, but think of the plus side!”
    “What plus side?!”
    “Well, you might do better in a slower school.”
    “What?! That’s what this is about?! You don’t understand, do you! If you put me in a new school, I’ll have to go back to the 7th grade!”
    “Look, I know but you’ll do so much better!”
    “What is this school even called?!”
    “Reed Line Middle School. Look I know…”
    “That’s where you want to send me?!”
    “Please, just listen! I know you’ll have a good time there!”
    “No! I won’t go! I refuse!”
    There was silence, then I heard my Mom walk in and whisper to my Dad. She was probably telling him to make me go to the new school. Finally I couldn’t take it anymore. “Look, just give me until Christmas Break. Then, if I absolutely must, I’ll go to this new school.”
    “Absolutely not!” My Mom yelled. “Richard, tell her that she is going to go to the new school whether she likes it or not!”
    “Actually,” My Father started. “I think that she should wait until Christmas Break to leave the school. If we are going to move her to a different school, we at least owe her this.” My Father finished.
    My Mom opened her mouth, as though to say something, but then closed it, knowing that she couldn’t win the argument. She turned and walked away.
    My Dad turned to me and started to say something.
    “Just, don’t.” I cut him off. I turned and walked upstairs.
    I moped around in my room for about three hours. I thought about the new school and why, the heck, that my parents would want to send me there. I mean, it’s not that I was afraid of a new school, it’s just Reed Line Middle School was located in Ohio. I wasn’t prepared to just get up and leave everything. I’d just met Crystaline. I wasn’t prepared to just up and leave. The more I thought about it, the more exhausted I got. After three hours or so, I fell asleep.
    I had an odd dream that night. In my dream, I could actually see. In my dream I saw a girl with strait, long, silver hair and ghostly pale blue eyes. I saw her as though I was watching through her eyes.
    When I woke up the next morning, the only thing I could remember from my dream, was the girl looking at me and saying: “Heaven is no place for a thirteen-year-old.”
    The whole morning I was thinking about the dream and who that girl was. She seemed so familiar, and yet, I had no idea who she was. My Dad must have known I was thinking about something, because I could tell he was staring at me the whole time while I was eating my breakfast.
    “Is there something on your mind, Ashley?” He asked.
    “No, why?” I lied. I wasn’t about to tell him.
    “Well, you kind of put your cloths on backwards.”
    I blushed. “Oh well…” Just at that moment, my little sister, Katie, came running downstairs, babbling something about toast.
    I put my shirt on the right way, and ran outside to the bus. The whole way up I though about Reed Line Middle School and the girl from my dream. I don’t now how, but somehow, they were connected.
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/29/2010, 11:35 am

Dude you got a gift for writing.Magnificent.
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/29/2010, 11:40 am

hey thanks.
    BallinLeBron6
    BallinLeBron6
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by BallinLeBron6 7/29/2010, 11:45 am

No prob.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 21433
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

Post by magnetonrobo 7/29/2010, 6:44 pm

Wow made me think abount Luna
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/29/2010, 6:55 pm

lol haha
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 7/29/2010, 7:11 pm

What next are you going to pull out Sam
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 7/29/2010, 7:20 pm

You've got a knack for writing, but you make a lot of spelling mistakes. Example: "Strait" is not "straight".
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/29/2010, 8:15 pm

Ok, I'll work on my spelling
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Steve Rogers 7/30/2010, 12:16 am

Chapter 3: The Runaway

Over the next month, Crystaline became my best and most trusted friend. I confided everything in her. I told her all of my secrets, fears, wants, and wishes. She did the same to me. I trusted her and she trusted me. I often thought that she was a bit empathic because she felt sympathy for me like no one else could. But, even though she was my best friend, I decided not to tell her about Reed Line Middle School, and about my dreams.
    The dreams became more frequent. Every night I had that dream. And every morning I would only remember the girl telling me: “Heaven is no place for a thirteen-year-old.”
    I thought about the dream a lot, and I guess Crystaline started to suspect something because she confronted me after school one day.
    “Hey, what’s wrong?” She asked.
    “What do you mean?” Was my innocent reply.
    “Well, you seem different. You space off a lot.”
    “So?”
    “So, it’s not like you, Ashley.”
    “Look, just don’t worry.”
    “I will worry, because you are my friend. Now tell me, what’s on your mind?”
    “Nothing!”
    “Ok, ok! Well I’ll see you next Monday.”
    “Monday? Aren’t you going to be at school tomorrow”
    I heard Crystaline laugh. “No! It’s Thanksgiving Break, remember?”
    I stopped dead. My deadline wasn’t far away. “Look, I got to go.” I said and ran home.
    I ran inside and was, once again, greeted by my Mom yelling at me, again. Lately she had been getting worse and worse. Almost like she was trying to get me angry.
    I ran into my room and threw my book bag on the floor. I jumped on my bed. After a while I heard a voice calling me from downstairs.
    “Ashley! We are going to have company over, clean your room! Katie and I will come and help you, since you probably can’t do it yourself.” My mom called from downstairs.
    “No Mom, I can do it myself, I promise!” I called back. I closed my door and locked it, just in case.
    I started cleaning my room. It only took me fifteen minuets or so because my room wasn’t that messy. I started making my bed when I noticed a “secret compartment” under my pillow. I opened it and found a long rope with huge knots every ten inches or so. I remembered taking the rope, tying the knots in it, and hiding it under my pillow, eight years ago when I wanted to run away from home. I smiled and put the rope back under my pillow.
    Two days later, I was sitting in bed reading, Warriors: Bluestar’s Prophecy in Brail, when I heard the doorbell ring. I heard my Mom open the door.
    “Linda! You look great!” I heard my mom say.
    “No…” I whispered to myself. I hated my Aunt Linda.
    She was a tall woman with a horrible attitude. She was stuck-up and snooty, she decided to make everything her business, she thought she her judgment was better that everyone else’s, and she smelled, horribly, of perfume. I mean, she put on tons of the stuff! You could smell her before she walked in the room! She also didn’t believe in throwing anything away. So the perfume she was always rancid perfume.
    I decided to hang out in my room until the absolute last minuet. I was the oldest of all of my cousins, and I wasn’t looking forward to changing diapers.
    A couple more of my Aunts and Uncles and cousins came before my Mom called me down for Thanksgiving dinner.
    I sighed and trudged downstairs where I was greeted by a wave of hugs and kisses. All except my Aunt Linda, who walked up to me and said: “I know about your… disability… but you really need to learn how to dress yourself properly.” Then walked away.
    All of the food was spread out “buffet-style” on our kitchen counter. Two tables were set up in the dinning room. A table for the younger children, and a table for the adults.
    I grabbed my plate and put my food on it. I walked over to the adult table and pulled out a chair.
    “What do you think your doing?!” My Aunt Linda shouted at me..
    “Sitting down! What the heck are you doing?!” I responded.
    “No, go sit at the children’s table!”
    “Why? I got to sit here last year!”
    “Do what I say, child!”
    “Make me!” I shouted. I threw some coleslaw at her on impulse. She looked at me in shock. She started to say something but I ran away.
    I ran up to my room and locked the door. My Mom, Aunt Linda, and a couple other people came up to yell at me but I ignored them completely. After a half an hour, they left. I puttered around in my room until they all left. My Mom came up to my room and grounded me, but I gave her no thought. Finally, my parents were asleep. I reached under my pillow and opened the “secret compartment”. I took out the rope and tied one end to my bed. I opened the window and took off the screen. I threw the other end out of the window. I grabbed the rope and started to climb down. I hit the ground a minuet later. I ran down my driveway, and ran down the street.
    I ended up somewhere in downtown Moab. I walked around a bit admiring all of the stores. I walked into a Native American souvenir shop. I walked up and down the aisles, feeling the items, trying to get a sense of what they were. As I was looking at the item, I accidentally ran into somebody.
    “Oh I’m so- Ashley?” The person said.
    “No way. Is that Crystaline?” I asked.
    “It totally is! Ashley, what are you doing here?” Crystaline asked.
    “Well I kind of ran away from home.” I replied.
    “Why?” She sounded kind of shocked.
    “My Aunt.”
    “What did your Aunt do?”
    “She’s just a moron and a jerk.”
    “Oh.”
    “So what are you doing down here?”
    “You know, I don’t really know!”
    “Ok…”
    “ So want to do something?” Crystaline asked. It stuck me as a little random.
    “We could walk through town?” I suggested.
    “Let’s do it!” Crystaline grabbed my hand and we ran out of the shop.
    Moab might be a small town, but it has some awesome places to visit at night. We ran through town visiting a bunch of shops. We didn’t buy more than ten dollars worth of stuff, but it was still fun.
    We were still having fun three hours later. We were talking about school, and who we liked, and embarrassing moments, so it took up a while before we realized that we were lost.
    “Which way?” I asked.
    “Let’s try down there.” Crystaline replied, pointing down an ally.
    We walked for a while, down the dark ally, until we reached a dead end.
    “Well, now where should we…” I couldn’t finish my sentence because I felt the blade of a knife being pressed against my throat.
    “Don’t move.” I heard a deep voice tell me.
    magnetonrobo
    magnetonrobo
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by magnetonrobo 7/30/2010, 12:30 am

Opps
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3