A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The City of Lights

I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 3956
    Registration date : 2010-04-11

The City of Lights Empty The City of Lights

Post by I<3MyBrit 9/30/2010, 10:00 pm

The shortest chapter ever. The Prologue:

An arrow whizzes past her left shoulder making a fairly shallow cut. She grits her teeth and moves on walking quickly and silently toward a small opening. Another arrow. "O-" she almost screams out loud when the person next to her, a highly attractive female teenager puts her palm on her lips. The girl nods back at the pretty one and they both walk forward not knowing what lay in store for them. They walked into the space where the strange noise that resembled a wolf was coming from. A scream, "AHH!", a plead, "NO NOT HER!!", and silence.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    mabel pines
    mabel pines
    gun.

Other / Decline to state
    Number of posts : 8787
    Registration date : 2009-12-26

The City of Lights Empty Re: The City of Lights

Post by mabel pines 11/7/2010, 6:25 pm

Wow. That's really interesting.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 11/7/2010, 6:26 pm

It's interesting, but it lacks... Something. I can't put my finger on what. Length, maybe. Otherwise, it was good.

You just need to start new paragraphs when people speak, though.
    I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by I<3MyBrit 11/7/2010, 8:36 pm

I will. Wow. I made this a long time ago and I forgot all about it.

Chapter 1: a couple months later

I sigh as I get out of bed. Another day, another morning. I pull on some jeans and a t-shirt. I brush my unruly hair and I put on my hot pink flip flops. I walk outside and grumble waiting for Drey. A tall boy walks through the morning mist toward me.

"Your late Drey," I tell him sharply.

He shrugs and smiles at me.

"Aren't I always?" he asks me.

I punch him lightly in the shoulder. I wouldn't know what I would do at CHB without him. I sigh.

"Why the long face Jade?" He asks me.

"I'm sick and tired of all of these days! I want something exciting to happen! It has been days since I've been the new camp counselor of the Artemis cabin! I want something new and amazing to come!" I say loudly.

"Be careful what you wish for," he says to me with a wink.

I scowl at his easy smile. He is always like this, optimistic, cheerful and kind. But sadly that is the curse of the Apollos. If only I was like that. All of a sudden a large voice booms out,

"ALL CAMP COUNSELORS PLEASE HEAD OVER TO THE MEETING ROOM! THAT IS ALL!"

"That must be Mr. D," I say slightly rolling my eyes.

"Guess we should go!" he says brightly.

I shrug,
    "I guess."

We both head over to the meeting room.
    --------------------------------------------
    We take our seats and then Chiron stands up.

"Okay everyone, we have urgent news. A couple months ago we sent two of our campers on a quest, and now they have not returned. This is most unusual and we will be sending three more people to go on another quest to get them." He says.

"Why are they important?" an obnoxious Aphrodite girl asks.

"Because their quest, was to stop a group of powerful demi-titans from attacking camp and they are the only ones who have the strength, power, wisdom and skill to do so. Also, their parents would kill me if I lost them," Mr. D says from behind Chiron.

"So who will go?"I ask hopefully.

"You, Drey, and..... Kara." Chiron says pointing first at me, then Drey, then at another girl with glasses.

"Her?" I ask kinda surprised.

"Yes her, shes a child of Athena and she may surprise you. Now run along you three and go get you prophecy. The camp depends on you." He says pushing us out.

"Hi, I'm Drey son of Apollo and this is-" Drey says nudging me to say my name.

"Oh yeah, I'm Jade daughter of Artemis." I say half halfheartedly.

"I'm Kara Imps daughter of Athena like what Chiron said," the girl said. She was tall and athletic but with glasses. She was fairly pretty with long blond hair tied up and beautiful grey eyes.

"Look, I gotta go and get stuff, meet you guys back here!" Drey says energetically.

"Cool, bye!" I say as I run off.
    -----------------------------
    I get cut off by a group of Ares kids.

"Hey guys watcha doin?" I say in a good mood. I was NOT going to let some kids ruin it.

"Nothing because of YOU!" the apparent leader of the group says.

"You sad?? WELL WHO CARES? WHATS DONE IS DONE!" I say in my "temper" voice. I was famous all around camp for when I said stuff in my "temper" voice.

The leader clenches his fist, "No girllllllllyy makes fun of me and gets away with it!"

"You wanna bet?" I say still in my "temper" voice.

He takes out a large sword and swings it at me.

"Woah!! No need to butcher me!" I say.

He slashes it at me while I take out my own sword. Slim, CB, and deftly made, it the perfect tool for me. I slashed back at him and by now everybody in the group was fighting me. This wasn't going well because 8 against 1 isn't a fair fight even if I did have ammmmazzzzingg fighting skills. It also didn't help that these were children of Ares. All of a sudden, another sword enters the fight. It was like mine, slim and precise but the hand controling it made it even better then mine.

"Need help?" says the voice fighting them for me.

"Kara?" I say.

"Yup, now do you wanna show these buffoons a fight or what?" she says.

I smile and slash at them. Wow this girl had serious skill. And I mean SKILLS. She was amazing. She blocked every movement that came her way and made it seem that the guys were hurting them self. We finish them off.

"Your amazing," I say to her in awe.

"Not half as amazing as you!"she says back to me.

"Lets go to my cabin to get stuff, then your cabin and then we could go meet Drey," I say to her.

"Sure, but is it just me or does Drey look at you specially??" She says smiling.

"Cut it out!" I say laughing at her. "Me and Drey are just good friends. We have been together since we were little."

She rolls her eyes. "Sure. Just friends. I got it, don't worry."

I stick my tongue out at her as we link arms and go to my cabin.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 11/7/2010, 8:39 pm

You're missing some apostrophes here and there, and sometimes you put "your" instead of "you're", but otherwise it's alright.
    I<3MyBrit
    I<3MyBrit
    Loyal Member

Female

Post by I<3MyBrit 11/8/2010, 2:55 pm

thansk! now if only more people have actually read it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 11:01 am