A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

On the Roof of Cabin 26

Ace of Spades
    Ace of Spades
    Retired Staff Member <3

Male
    Number of posts : 8715
    Registration date : 2010-06-13

On the Roof of Cabin 26 Empty On the Roof of Cabin 26

Post by Ace of Spades 10/17/2010, 12:53 am

I walk to the side of my cabin, Darcy standing beside me. She looks at weird, wondering what I could possibly have in store. Before she asks, I say, "Remember how we used to go on my roof and talk for hours?"

I nod, smiling shyly. "And we almost killed ourselves dozens of times." I laugh, recalling the memories. Was there anything he wouldn't remind me of? "I'm guessing that's what we'll be doing right now?"

I smile. "You read me like a book."

"Yeah, well exactly how are we getting there? There doesn't seem to be any second story windows or anything to go from."

I don't answer and close my eyes. I focus on the cold air, specifically on the water vapor, depositioning its molecular structure, and forming ice infront of us. I create a white slab large enough for two people to stand on it. It looked pretty fragile, but it was actually quite strong and sturdy enough to hold our weight. I step on it, waiting for her.

I hesitate for a second, not really being the one to stand on ice confidently. Especially after that ice skating incident... I sigh and get on the frozen platform, but slip. As I fall, I catch her. I pull her into me, making sure she steadies herself. Laughing, I ask, "You okay?"

Blushing furiously, I reply, "Just fine, thank you." I notice he's holding me protectively. It was different than at the beach. How this boy could stir all these differences and make me think about them so deeply was beyond me, but I guess I'll never give up that habit. I just stand there in his arms, as I levitate the block of ice, with us on it, up to the edge of the roof. When it levels near it, I let go of her and step off. I look at her, reassuring her that she can make those few inches of a gap. "C'mon, don't worry. You can do it."

"E-easy for y-you to say." I stutter, my fear of heights obviously obscuring my focus. After a moment's worth of breathing and regaining my confidence, I jump off the block, onto the roof. Unfortunately, the heel of my shoes miss part of the edge, and I begin to fall back. But again, I'm there to grab hold of her flailing arms. I pull her to me again, saying nothing. I wait for her to lessen her deep breathing. I make the ice platform sublimize back into vapor. "Be careful." I whisper.

"I know okay!" I suddenly burst out at him. I see his confused look. He didn't have the faintest idea what all of this was doing to me, did he? It was happening again. Don't let him pull you in again, Darce. He's just your best friend... I sigh. "Sorry, I'm just... a little frazzled."

"It's fine." I lead her farther away from the edge and sit on the roof, taking in the scenery. It was black outside, the sky being lit by the stars and moon. I start to think about when we used to do this all the time, sometimes even for days on end. It was just a special habit we had. I didn't think it'd continue at camp, but then again, who could stop us? After a while, I finally notice my arm's draped over DJ's shoulders. I blush slightly and let go of her. Seeing her shiver, I decide to take off my hoodie and put it around her.

I smile at him. "Thanks." It was the first word to be said in what seems like over half an hour. The long periods of time we sat in silence weren't awkward at all anymore. We were used to the fact that being silent was sometimes better than talking on and on. Being in one another's company was satisfying enough. Inadvertantly, I lean my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes. I don't know why, but it just felt right for the moment, even though it was probably still awkward for the two of us. Our relationship was pretty much on the fence most times, we don't know what to say or do. Just go with it, Darce.

I notice what she does and do nothing to stop her. Though, I still don't put my arm around her again. Here is where I'll try to draw the line. I'm not trying to be mean, but it would hurt both of us more if we continued any farther. Not that we go that far anyways. Peaceful silence, beautiful scenery, even more beautiful best friend... What the Hades am I thinking? Stop it right now, you dunce, or you're done for. I sigh deeply and close my eyes.

After hours on the roof, we decide to get off and leave.

Last edited by noBackboneShowsfromU on 11/22/2010, 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changing the cabin number, previously shown as 19, to 26 on the title)
    Cheesepuff
    Cheesepuff
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 13582
    Registration date : 2010-05-01

On the Roof of Cabin 26 Empty Re: On the Roof of Cabin 26

Post by Cheesepuff 10/17/2010, 7:45 pm

i walk over and sit on the roof i look at the sky i make a small fire in my hand i look around hoping someone i can talk to will come after a while of waiting i leave

Current date/time is 5/29/2024, 2:59 am