A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

5 posters

Zane's Bunk (Thanatos)

xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 9825
    Registration date : 2011-11-09

Zane's Bunk (Thanatos) - Page 33 Empty Re: Zane's Bunk (Thanatos)

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 7:30 pm

Skylar saw the expression on her fiancee's face though it only lasted a split second. She wrapped her arm around his waist "They'll love you I'm sure. We're your family now Dez." Her friends and future husband mean everything to Skylar and she would always be there for all of them.

Zane put his hand on Dez' shoulder "Sky's right you're family already." he smiled at him. "You've really grown since we first met. Not to be a sap but you'll always be my little brother. Even if you are my age now and taller." Zane shot him a lopsided grin.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male
    Number of posts : 1433
    Registration date : 2012-01-27

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2013, 8:02 pm

Dez in return put his arms around Skylar's back and pecked her on the cheek quickly before looking at his brother.

"And you're my big bro Zane, always will be," before he grinned as only a brother would. "Even if your shorter. Sky, I was thinking. Dorian's quest is coming up very soon... shall we have the quest now, or after?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 8:09 pm

"Honestly, I'd like to have it before but there's too much preparation to be done. The quest will have to come first, unless we could work something out quickly." she sighed slightly disappointed but still content with her life. "Either or really it all depends."

"Whoa hold up, you guys are going on a quest..." Zane pursed his lips "Look Dez it's only been three months since the last quest and that didn't turn out so well. You just got back do you think that's a good idea?" Zane was really worried something would happen to Dez again, to Skylar, or even worse both of them.

Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2013, 8:21 pm

Dez nodded slightly disappointedly at his love, before sighing, and looking at Zane, an almost regretful look on his face.

"I wish that I didn't have to go, Zane, but it's my duty. A friend of mine, Dorian, he needs the help. Not to mention its the deal I took to come back to life in the first place..." Dez went to say more but bit his lip. Unfortunately for him, the other two present in the room knew him too well, there was more.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 8:36 pm

"Dez you don't have to go on I know darling." Skylar held him tightly, never wanting to be far from his side ever again. She loved him more than life, she was scared to go on this quest but he had promised her they wouldn't sacrifice their lives, their future for Dorian.

Zane stared at Skylar for a moment then back at Dez. "Listen I know you must feel guilty and want to help but be very careful. Don't take any unnecessary risks and stay close to one another." Zane sympathized with Dez' dilemma but worried for their safety. "Let your friends know from the start you can't risk dying anymore, one close call is one too many. I know you Skylar you'd never leave Dez alone, you would rather die together." He let out a melancholy sigh "You might not want to hear this Dez but if you come close to dying you'll have to leave. Otherwise I fear you'll both die." he paused a moment before saying more "I don't doubt your strengths alone or together, still quests often end in death for demigods and you have already died once." Zane hooked his thumbs in his pants pockets relaxing his shoulders.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2013, 8:59 pm

"Sky, there's more though," Dez looked down and let out a deep breath, realizing it was pointless keeping the information from his fiancé. Or his brother for that matter, although it would mean less to him. "When the witch gave me the offer, she didn't say Dorian might die for me being there... she said he would surely die. Yet I have to go on it, that was the deal... I don't want to go, an-and leave you again. So I have to go, yet one of my closest friends might die because of it."
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 9:08 pm

"Oh Dez...." Skylar looked up at him "I'm so sorry. We'll do what we can to save Dorian." she rested her head on his chest "You and I will never be apart again, we must leave if death tries to seize us. I refuse to live without you."

Zane frowned, he knew how difficult this quest would be for the both of them. He thought it was selfish of Sky to say that but Zane knew she meant it. It no longer matters how many other people love her, she found her soul mate. He understood what that was like. "Dez listen to Sky she's got her heart in the right place and using her head as well. I want the both of you to come home if things get rough." Zane said it as a statement but it was really a plea.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2013, 9:46 pm

"I'm not the one in danger," Dez assured the two of them, whilst stroking Skylar's hair lightly. "Its you I need to look out for, honey, and Dorian. Nothing's going to happen to me, I won't let-" Dez suddenly froze as he saw his hand slowly turning to shadow again. Just like after he came back... what was with this?!

Gods... is this some kind of curse?
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 9:53 pm

Skylar didn't notice what happened but she heard the tone in his voice when he cut off. "Dez are you okay? she asked her voice full of concern.

Zane noticed what happened but said nothing. He just looked Dez in the eyes and gave him a "Sort that out." look.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/14/2013, 9:59 pm

Dez looked around awkwardly for a few moments, before speaking.

"Um, yeah babe everything's fine, I was just thinking about Dorian again..." and suddenly, his hand was back again, as if nothing had happened. "Oh, don't we have other people to invite?" He looked at Zane with a relieved face.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/14/2013, 10:09 pm

Skylar caught that, the way he voice went slightly higher, Dez wasn't being completely honest and she could tell. "That's not true." she said softly looking up at him. "We're getting married Dez, I know you. You're hiding something. I would prefer you tell me. I can let it slide this once, just don't lie to me again please."

Zane took a few steps back and mouthed "Bad choice." to Dez.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2013, 5:08 am

This time Dez did go bright red. It wasn't his style to lie in the first place-he didn't like it- just to bend the truth... not to mention this was getting to him, seeing as how it was the second time this had happened to him since it's rebirth.

"I was going to tell you... when I'd sorted it out more," he spoke honestly, before moving back and sighing, putting his arm out. "A few moments ago, this arm faded into shadow, which is exactly the same as what happened to my other hand not long after I came back. I was hoping that that time was a one off, seeing as how I'd just been stripped of the shadows... but obviously not. Just try not to be worried, love, I'll find a way to sort it out."

All the while, he pondered in his head. Was this the witches doing? Had she cursed him? But that begged the question of "why would she bring him back in the first place?".

Maybe, to do a job... like Dorian's quest.
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2013, 12:31 pm

"Well obviously I'm going to worry Dez. I don't want to lose you ever again." Skylar lifted her hand to his face placing it on his cheek "You can't just hide things from me because you're afraid of how I will react. We're getting married and we're going to start a life together, that means we take care of our problems together."

Zane let out a breath of relief, he was glad that hadn't turned into an argument. "Skylar's right." Zane had long ago learned that Skylar was usually right, about a lot of things, not everything but a lot of things.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2013, 12:48 pm

"I'm not going anywhere, you can count on that. Not in a long time," he smiled, and looked sincere. "Well, Sky, thing is, I think we should call it quits after this quest, in all honesty. There's too much danger in our lives... we'll be there for our friends of course, but... can you see where I'm coming from, dear?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2013, 12:56 pm

"I know darling I know." she smiled at him then caught the last half pausing a moment. "What do you mean by call it quits?" Skylar was curious, did he mean from camp, quests, or what?

Zane just went to sit on his bed, this was their business he just..well they just happened to be talking about it in his room.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2013, 1:10 pm

"Well, I don't half know myself... just," he paused, trying to think of the right words. "Maybe just to stop risking ourselves being in danger. Somehow. I can't really-" he cut himself off, catching Zane sitting awkwardly on his bed in the corner of his eye. "Oh gods, bro, sorry. Do you want us to go?"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2013, 1:20 pm

"I completely understand what you're saying Dez. I mean fighting bottom feeder monsters is one thing to keep in shape, but going on quests especially such dangerous ones is too much. We need a break from risking our lives on a daily basis. After the quest we'll get married and have a lovely wedding, go on our honeymoon and enjoy having some serenity." Skylar's gaze was will of love and anticipation for their future. She turned to Zane "Sorry we kind of got side tracked." an embarrassed smile formed on her lips.

"No worries, I don't mind. That sounds like a plan to me. Just give me a heads up when all this wedding prep is going on and i'll be there." Zane grinned at his best friend and little brother.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2013, 1:40 pm

Dez almost lost himself in anticipation for the future, when Fang started bounded up and down beside him and shook him back to reality. Blushing slightly, he nodded at Zane and kissed Skylar tenderly, before remembering it was time to go.

"Who's next to invite?" the Son of Thanatos asked eagerly.

"Me! Me me! Me me me me me!!"

Last edited by Dez the Soul Reaver on 12/15/2013, 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2013, 1:49 pm

"Gwen, then we'll have to find Shrike." Skylar said sweetly a little love drunk off that kiss from Dez. She looked down at Fang "You can come too Fang." she smiled softly scratching his ears "Just promise me to be on your best behavior and not antagonize my cranky cat." Skylar giggled thinking of her beloved Salem.

"See you guys around. You know where to find me, or how to really." Zane chuckled, they were all children of the night. Shadows came in handy for so many things, like sending messages, getting from place to place, and swallowing pesky monsters.
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dez the Soul Reaver
    Dedicated Member

Male

Post by Dez the Soul Reaver 12/15/2013, 2:37 pm

"Sure thing, Zane. I know I can count on you, brother," Dez winked at him before taking Skylar's hand, and leading her out of the cabin, whispering to her; "I love you, babe. Remember that."

"Okaaaaay, I'm gonna be the bestest wolf pup around! Just you watch!"
    xXSpiritXx
    xXSpiritXx
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by xXSpiritXx 12/15/2013, 2:43 pm

Zane chuckled as they walked out. "Back to meditating."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 10:05 pm