A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life Empty Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life

Post by GwrachSeren 2/16/2012, 10:35 pm

Welcome to Shannon's Amazingly Crazy Crossover Life! Disclaimer: I do not own any copyrighted material used. PG-13 for now but may change soon. You'll know, really. It'll say on the thingy to the right of the screen. Third Person point of view and (hopefully) past tense. Feel free to point out any grammatical, tense and P.O.V. I own my OCs. This is a self-insertation story. There will be many different elements from various books, movies and television shows in here. The main being Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Heroes of Olympus and Harry Potter. If you don't know about these books/movies, where have you been for the past twenty or so years! The first Harry Potter book is based in 1991! I'm not entirely sure but I'm pretty sure that Harry Potter was published either that year or a few after that year. J.K.Rowling couldn't find a publisher to take her seriously, I think it was. I don't know. I should really brus up on that. As for Percy Jackson and the Olympians and Heroes of Olympus, these were written by Rick Riodan, the fantastical author who has actually written three serieses. But I'm not much of a fan for the Kane Chronicals. I'm sorry, Mr Riodan, but Egyptian Mythology just doesn't grab me as Greek and Roman myhtology does.
    PLEASE NOTE: Mostly because I can't be bothered to pick the books up after chapter five, the dialogue is made up whilst the main events will stil be there... just with possibily different ways of getting to them... But at th end of the day, this is meant to be a story involving many different things. It will possibly make you laugh... I hope it does... If it doesn't, I'll set my blue, stuffed, flying T-rex called Bananas after you! And Tommy the Tatty Teddy (so named after the infamous Tommy the Salmon- which will possibly be explained in one of these chapters) with Marty the laser-shooting, flying unicorn! I also have no spell check on this thing I'm writing on...
    Enjoy!
    Chapter 1: It All Begins Here...
    Now this is the story all about a girl who was torn between three or four worlds. Looking back, Shannon Toghill wasn't always the random, romantic, witty, and brave bad ass girl she'd grow up to be. If someone had looked at her future, they'd have gained themselves into St Mungo's to get their mind sorted out. Shannon had been just the opposite at some point. She had been plain, boy-repelling, terrible at sarcasm, cowardly... Okay, so she wasn't all that great. Our story could start anywhere in her life but things are better off starting when she was eight years old. That's when things started to happen... How many best friends had she had?
    When Shannon was eight, she'd moved house four times and changed schools three times. Sure, she'd had a busy childhood but she was just a kid...
    It was a bright day in beautiful Cearphilly, South wales, from where our heroin hails. She was walking around the old castle in wonder. Her mother would be worried about her, she knew. She was eight years old, and free of a chaperone. So she decided to walk around the moat. The year was 2003. Her mother would be frantic by now. But she was having fun, despite knowing the consequences.
    A man kept staring at her. That bothered her. Her schools had taught her about Stranger Danger and she made the decision to run and find Mummy.
    Shannon was kinda cute for an eight year old with her green eyes and long, dark blonde hair. Her face was small and munchkin-like- minus the creepiness. She was wearing a blue pair of shorts with red and green flowers on them as well as a blue vest top with 'G2 Girl' blaring out in a floral material. Her mother had picked out the outfit and paired it with a purple Bratz visor and black and white trainers.
    The man seemed strangely familiar to Shannon. He wore a hawaiian shirt with brown shorts. His feet looked accustomed to the flip-flops he wore. He also wore a fishing hat. He smiled smally at her with a pair of ocean green eyes. His hair was black. His skin was tanned like he spent all day at the beach.
    "Shannon," her mother's voice rang out. "Shannon! There you are!"
    Her mother came up to her and flung her arms over her daughter, black hair flying. Her mother had grounded her for three whole agonizing days. Shannon hated her bedroom version of incarceration. She wanted to be outside, enjoying the sun because the next day, it could be gone.
    She had odd dreams at night...
    Monsters would come and grab her, eating her... She liked spiders but hated the surprise of where they turned up. They were beautiful creatures, in her opinion. But, still, she dreamt about spiders trying to eat her. But some of the dreams were good ones. The man featured in a few of them. He just talked to her. Asked questions and laughed at her silly eight year old jokes.
    Shannon always woke up to her room. It had pink walls and green curtains with purple flowers dotted on them. Her bed was in the corner, behind the door and opposite the window. Beside it was a white, wooden bedside table which, later on, would hold the girl's first television. For now, it was filled with books with a stereo on it. Her floor was wooden, painted an aqua-green colour and covered partly by a white fluffy rug. Shannon loved her room, despite the fact that it had no colour scheme in particular.
    After she woke up and played around for a little while, she'd go downstairs to see her mother. It was the summer holidays and she had no school. This morning, she went into her living room, where her mother was feeding her baby brother, Corey. Chris, her step-dad, must have already done to work.
    "Good morning, Mummy," she greeted."'Ello, Corey."
    There was a knock on the door.
    "Watch Corey for a second, Shannon." Her mother got up and went out of the room, answering the door. Shannon played with Corey for a few seconds. She loved her little brother. She over heard her mother talking to someone. "You?"
    "Hello, Claire," a cheerful, man's voice replied. "How is our daughter?"
    "Stay away from her," Claire growled.
    Shannon was getting worried about her mummy. She got up and listened against the door.
    "It'll start soon, Claire. I don't want to explain to you again what will happen if she stays here. She can come home for the school term but she needs to go to camp," the man said.
    Shannon pressed her ear harder against the wooden door.
    "I haven't decided about it yet," Claire hissed.
    "I'll take care of travel expenses," the man said. "All you have to do is say the word."
    Shannon rushed back to her spot next to Corey and resumed playing with him. Her mother closed the door and came back into the living room. She hugged Shannon. Shannon laughed.
    "Mummy!" she screamed with laughter. "Mummy, let me go."
    For a second, it seemed as though her mother would never let her go. She sighed and held Shannon at arms length, keeping an eye on her face.
    "How would you like to go to a camp?" her mother sighed.
    Shannon's eyes lit up. "Will you be there?"
    "No. I mean a summer camp," her mother smiled. "In America."
    "Okay. Can we take the bus?" Shannon asked.
    "No. You'll... You can't go on planes, Shannon," her mother sighed. "It's dangerous for you. You'll be going on a big boat."
    "A big boat?" Shannon gasped. "Cool!"
    "Mm-hm. And when you get on it, everyone has to do what you say," her mother told her. "And they'll have to call you Princess Shannon."
    "I don't wanna be a princess," Shannon pointed out. "They're too girly."
    "Well, they'll have to call you Captain Shannon, then, because they have to what you tell them to do. But they have to take you to America."
    "Wow! How far away is America, Mummy?" Shannon asked.
    "Very, very far away," her mother smiled sadly.
    "Mummy?"
    "Mm?"
    "Why do I have to go?"
    Her mother hesitated. "It's something I promised your daddy when he was here."
    "Before he died?" Shannon asked.
    "Not dead. Just lost at sea," her mother corrected. "And yes. But only when you started to be... magical."
    "Like Ella?" Shannon asked. Ella was the little blonde girl her mother made stories up about when Shannon was three years old.
    Her mother smiled. "Like Ella. But you've been making... things happen, lately, Shannon. So it's time for you to start camp."
    "You mean like the cookies following me around the kitchen?" Shannon asked. "Or the flowers growing big around me. Or the bathwater floating? Or Corey flying around the room?"
    "Yes," her mother sighed. These things irritated her but she had no choice but to sell the camp to her. "And you'll make new friends."
    "But I've got Louise," Shannon reasonned.
    "She's your friend at school," her mother pointed. "Not during the summer becuase you don't know where she lives and she doesn't know where we live."
    Shannon shrugged. "'Kay."
    "And there are cabins where you'll get to sleep and your daddy has one just for you. But first he needs to claim you," her mother told her. "And there's this horse man called Chiron. He's called a centaur. There's also a little grumpy man called Mr Dionysus. You need to make sure you don't get on his nerves."
    "I don't get on anyone's nerves!" Shannon protested.
    The sky seemed to thunder at all the mother told her daughter.
    "Okay. Go pack a bag," her mother ushered. She looked out with her blue eyes. She got really nervous when she didn't know what would happen to her daughter. Corey gurgled and she picked him up.
    Upstairs, Shannon invaded her big, wooden wardrobe. She'd always been able to climb inside it. It was that big. She looked through her clothes. She tore all her jeans down and pulled down all her tops and jumpers, jackets and pushed them all into a big blue bag. When it wouldn't fit, she tried to sit on it. She sat there bored for five minutes. As soon as she heard footsteps, she panicked. So the clothes all went in. She fell onto her bed with an 'Oof!' noise and her mother walked in, Corey on her hip.
    "Packed?" her mother asked.
    "Why am I going today, Mummy? Why can't I spend time here with you and Corey and Chris?" Shannon asked.
    "Because, if you don't go today, then you won't ever be able to go there again," her mother lied. She knew she didn't mean to lie to her eight year old but it was necessary to get her to go.
    Shannon seemed to weigh out the options. "Okay." She held out her bag. "Packed."
    Her mother smiled and came to kiss her on the forehead. There was a beep from outside and her mother went to see what it was. Her smile turned to a frown.
    Shannon rushed over, scrambling over a white toybox to see out the window. There was a limosine waiting for her. A blue limo. Shannon looked up at her mother, smiling like it was her birthday.
    "Is that for me?" she asked excitedly.
    "Y-yes," her mother said.
    Shannon jumped down and put her trainers on. She figured that they would be enough for the entire trip. "Can I go now, Mummy?"
    "If you want to," her mother said, trying to smile. "And I'll see you in the school term."
    "Aren't you coming out with me, Mummy?" Shannon asked.
    "No, sweetheart. I can't. I need to look after Corey," her mother smiled. It was a false smile. This was breaking her mother's heart.
    "Okay," Shannon shrugged. She put down her bag and ran to her mother, catching her in a hug. She buried her face in her mother, breathing her in. "I love you, Mummy. I'll see you when school starts."
    Shannon found the door open and went out of the house.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life Empty Re: Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life

Post by GwrachSeren 2/16/2012, 10:38 pm

Chapter 2: Aged Eleven...
    Shannon was eleven years old when we join her next. It was summer and she was at Camp Half-Blood, a safe haven for demigods.
    Shannon ran over glades of strawberries, dodging patches as she went. Her green eyes spied something they shouldn't have and she raced to it. Her best friend, Annabeth Chase, was reading and lounging in the sun.
    "Hey there, Annabeth! Whatcha doign?" Shannon called over, looking at the Hermes cabin as she ran to it. "Great! Gotta go, bye!"
    "Shannon!" Annabeth called over.
    Shannon dodged various traps and whatever else. She'd known they were there after spending three whole years at Camp Half-Blood.
    Annabeth, threw her book aside and ran after Shannon, calling her name. Annabeth was the daughter of Athena, goddess of wisdom, battle strategy among a few other things. Her curly, blonde hair whipped behind her, confined in it's usual tight ponytail. Her grey eyes locked on target. She dodged the traps.
    Shannon was faster than she was but Shannon could also fall on her face at any minute. Shannon was a clumsy kind of person who often forgot things. It wasn't her fault. She was probably watching that shiny thing over there. Her brown hair was just past her shoulders and tied back in it's ponytail. Over time, the munchkin-ness of Shannon's face faded slightly. Her face was slightly longer and her eyes were brighter than a summer glade. She was also skinny as a stick! Some of the Aphrodite cabin thought she was either lucky or anorexic. At the time, Shannon both a- had a ravanous appetite, b- had a very fast metabolism, and c- had no idea what anorexic meant.
    Shannon jumped into the Hermes cabin and ambushed the twins. The Stoll twins loved Shannon, thinking she was cute and whatever else.
    "What ever you're planning, I want in!" Shannon announced, grabbing Connor into a headlock. She was great at fighting with them- because she was so small that they let her win.
    "What? You want something to do with this golden mango?" Travis asked, holding up their latest stroke of genius.
    "Where'd you get the golden mango?" Annabeth puffed from th doorway.
    "Just made it this morning, dearest Annabeth," Connor shrugged after Shannon let him go.
    "Does hottest have two or one T?" Travis asked, searching around for a marker.
    Shannon tilted her head. "Two."
    "How is it that you're the only demigod we know without dyslexia?" Annabeth sighed, walking in, testing each step first. "And your fine with Ancient Greek?"
    "I don't know. But I do have ADHD," Shannon smirked. "I'm also kinda good at Welsh and Spanish."
    "She could be a daughter of Hermes. He's god of languages," Travis grinned.
    "Yeah," Connor agreed. "We'd love to have Shannon as a little sister."
    "I'm only younger than you guys by a year," Shannon rolled her eyes.
    "So?" Connor and Travis said at the same time.
    Shannon stared at them. "So what's the plan?"
    "Oh no!" Annabeth cried, taking Shannon's wrist. "There is no way I'm letting you take part in their pathetic pranks."
    "Annabeth!" Shannon moaned. She twisted her arm a little and slipped from Annabeth's grasp. "Why not?"
    "Because!" Annabeth yelled, throwing her arms up in the air. She looked between the three brunettes. The twins shared identical looks of interest. "Because if you do, then you'll get in trouble. Again."
    "Hey!" Connor protested.
    "It was totally not her fault the last time," Travis added. "We even went to Chiron and said it was us. She was just sitting there drinking coffee."
    "As you do," Shannon said, finding her sleeping bag and sitting on it. She was a guest in the old Hermes cabin still, after her father still hadn't claimed her. She'd given up on that fight ages ago, though. She just enjoyed herself at camp.
    "I just thought," Shannon said after pretending to listen to the Stolls for a second. "Annabeth? Who's the god of magic?"
    "Hecate. Why?" Annabeth asked.
    "Is that a guy?"
    "No," Annabeth shrugged.
    "Oh. I just thought that maybe I'm a daughter of the god of magic but it's my dad who's the god," Shannon explained.
    "Oh yeah. Maybe it's your magic that prevents you from having dyslexia," Annabeth said.
    Shannon, known to everyone in the camp, was a witch. She couldn't control her magic though so sometimes slept four feet above everyone else. It's a good thing she fit in with the Hermes cabin.
    "The Aphrodite cabin has archery, right?" Travis asked.
    "I think so," Shannon replied, gazing out of a window. There they were, the Aphrodite kids, having an archery lesson.
    The golden mango had the words 'For the hottest' written on it now.
    "Shannon? You're fast. D'you-?" Travis started.
    "No way!" Annabeth interrupted.
    "Annie!" Shannon moaned. "Although, she has the point that you are faster than me."
    "Fine," Connor smiled, rolling his eyes. The boy grabbed the mango and ran out the door. He made it back in thirty seconds.
    "And now we wait," Travis said, dragging a few deck chairs onto the porch of the Hermes cabin. The twins sat down, laughing quietly. Shannon joined them, after giving Annabeth a pleading look.
    "I'm going to go back to my cabin," Annabeth announced.
    "'Kay," Shannon waved. "I'll see you later."
    "See you," Annabeth called as she ran.
    The Aphrodite cabin was on their way back, bows in hand. The entered the cabin... Connor and Travis leaned forward. Shannon stood and sat on the railing.
    "'For the hottest?'" one of the girls read.
    "It's obviously for me," boasted one of the few sons of Aphrodite.
    "No me!" a girl yelled.
    "Hey! Give it back!"
    "Gimme!"
    "You're going to squish it!"
    Gucci shoes were flying out of the windows, smashing noises came from inside. They were ripping each other's clothes, throwing lipstick, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, blusher brushes, mascara, eye liner and jewellery. They were like rabid, wild Bratz dolls!
    "Wait! Beauty break!"
    There was a period of three minutes before- "Now, where was I? Oh, yeah. That's my mango!"
    The Stolls were in hysterics. Shannon grinned from where she sat. The mango got tossed out and the girls followed it. They heard the Stolls laughing and saw them doubled over, clutching their sides.
    "Stolls!" they all screamed.
    Shannon jumped down and started to run over to Annabeth, hiding behind her. She squeaked as the boys got baombarded by the girls. When they surfaced again, Travis looked like a clown in permanent make-up and Connor's clothes were cursed to be two sizes too small.
    Annabeth lazily looked over at them and burst into laughter.
    "Very funny!" Travis yelled at the Aphrodite cabin. "But we can always just wash this stuff off and change clothes."
    "I wouldn't be too sure!" a girl yelled back.
    Shannon recognised her as Silena, the cabin's undercounsellor. The Aphrodite cabin had a law unto it's own. It involved clothes, make-up, hair, jewellery as well as regular everyday camp stuff. So they had an undercounsellor to help keep charge. One day, that undercounsellor would be the cabin counsellor.
    Shannon chatted all through dinner that night to some kids. One got claimed... Shannon didn't really care. She didn't even know his name.
    When she went to sleep, she dreamt of a boy with black hair and green eyes that were identical to her own. He was at some kind of cabin... At a beach... It seemed scarily real.
    It was storming along the coast, and two animals, a white horse that reminded Shannon of a Russian Dancing Horse and a golden eagle that soared like superman, were trying to kill each other. The eagle swooped, scratching at the horse with it's sharp talons. The horse reared and kicked at the eagle's wings. For a second, it seemed like the horse was made of moisture... As they fought, lighting struck beyond them. A monstrous voice goaded them from the ground below.
    The boy and Shannon ran towards them on the impulse to stop them from killing each other. But they ran in slow motion. Shannon knew they couldn't do it. They wouldn't make it. The eagle dived, it's beak aimed at the horses eyes. The boy screamed, "No!"
    Shannon woke up panting. Travis and Connor were right in front of her. She was outside, beside Thalia's tree and lying on the ground.
    "Is she okay?" Annabeth's voice called.
    "Yeah," Connor replied.
    "Where were you going?" Travis asked Shannon.
    "I... I was dreaming... I used to sleep walk when I was younger. I haven't done i since I was seven, though," I mumbled.
    There was a boy on the porch of the Big House. (The Big House was the big, blue farm house where all official business was taken care of. The only residents were Chiron, the Camp Activities Director, and Mr D (or Dionysus, god of wine and Camp Director). Sometimes, Shannon would overhear of a projpet-like thing in the attic of the place but Shannon really had no idea.
    It was the boy from her dream... and he seemed to have pulled a satyr back into the boudaries of Half-Blood Hill. Chiron was out too. Annabeth leaned over the boy.
    "He's the one. He must be," Annabeth claimed.
    "Silence, Annabeth," Chiron shushed. "He's still conscious. Bring him in."
    The Stolls helped Shannon up before running to help witht he kid. Shannon stumbled after them.
    "Chiron? When you get a minute. Can I talk to you?" Shannon asked.
    Chiron glanced at her and noticed her eyes were on the boy. "What is it Shannon? Annabeth, tend to him. Stoll brothers, back to cabin eleven."
    The boys groaned and walked back to the Hermes cabin. Chiron sat Shannon down in his office, away from Annabeth who was tending to the boy.
    "What is troubling you, Shannon?" Chiron asked.
    "The boy... I was dreaming about him before I woke up by Thalia's tree," Shannon told him.
    "Tell me about this dream."
    "Well, it was on a beach and a horse and an eagle were fighting. It was stormy and there was this, like, voice from the ground that egged the animals on," Shannon told him. "The boy and I ran, wanting to stop them, but we were running in slow motion. He shouted 'no' and I woke up. I was out of breath, too."
    Chiron had listened to the eleven year old girl like she were older. He sent her back to cabin eleven/Hermes where she slept until morning.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life Empty Re: Amazingly Crazy: Shannon's Cross-over Life

Post by GwrachSeren 2/16/2012, 10:38 pm

Chapter 3 Hi, I Don't Like You
    "They got you too?" Travis asked.
    "Yep," Shannon nodded.
    "With what kind of thing?" Connor asked, his voice strained slightly from how tight his clothes were. He'd found that his clothes would always do the same thing and shrink two sizes too small. Until the Aphrodite cabin let the curse go away, that is. Travis was wearing a paper bag over his face from the permanent make-up that they'd applied to his face. Shannon felt sorry for him.
    "Well, they put me in a dress," Shannon said.
    "HOW THE HECK IS THAT A CURSE?" the twins screamed. (Travis was muffled.)
    "I don't like dresses. And they know I hate them," Shannon shrugged.
    "Get out," Connor said coldly.
    "But-" Shannon said, carrying it on to compel the boys to listen. "They did curl my hair and apply that make up that they put on Travis on my face."
    "But you're not wearing any of it," Connor noted flatly.
    "Yes. But, I do happen to know what does get rid of the curses," Shannon told them. She held out her hands. They took hold of them. "Make me laugh."
    "MONKEYPANTS!" Connor yelled randomly.
    "I'M UNEDUCATED BUT A LOT OF FUN!" Travis screamed.
    Shannon started to giggle, before needing to clutch her sides, but she didn't let go. The clothes on Connor grew to the right size and Shannon could tell the make up was fading away on Travis. When Connor was done, she held on for five more seconds before breaking the connections and tearing off Travis' bag.
    "Don't look at me!" he yelled, having a humorous effect on both Connor and Shannon. "I'm hideous!"
    "Yeah. I've always said I was the handsome one," Connor laughed.
    Dinner came and Shannon was forced to sit beside the boy that had shown up a few days before. At first she talked to the Stoll brothers, thinking about her positioning in capture the flag. They made the sacrifice to the gods, made her usual wish to be claimed and sat back down. She bumped into the boy.
    "Sorry," she muttered.
    "No. I'm sorry," the boy replied. He looked at her and pointed, suddenly wide eyed. "You're her?"
    Shannon frowned. "Who? Me?"
    "Yes! You," the boy nodded. "You were in my dream."
    "Horse? Eagle? Beach?" Shannon asked.
    "Yeah."
    "Sorry. I've never had a dream like that," Shannon smirked.
    "I'm Percy," the boy said after studying her for a second.
    "Shannon," she smiled in return.
    They shook hands and she felt like she'd met someone like her. Just a lost soul looking for a way out. Percy looked normal with his black hair and green eyes but Shannon could tell he was going to be important. He'd defeated the minotaur after all.
    "So... Who's your parent?" Percy asked her.
    "I don't know. My mum won't tell me me and he doesn't seem to want me," I shrugged.
    "Are you English?" Percy asked, noticing her accent.
    Shannon laughed coldly. "No. I'm Welsh. There are some people who'd gut you alive for a comment like that no matter what the intention."
    "Sorry," Percy said politely.
    "You will be one day," Shannon grinned. There was something in the phrase, the look in her eyes that haunted Percy.
    When everyone finished their meals, Mr D stood from the head table, Ciron pounding a hoof for attention. Mr D said, "Yes, I suppose I better say hello to all you brats. Well, hello. Our activities director, Chiron, says the next capture the flag is Friday. Cabin five presently hold the laurels."
    Cue Ares obnoxious cheers.
    "Personally," Mr D carried on, "I couldn't care less, but congratulations. Also, I should tell you we have a new camper today. Peter Johnson."
    Shannon looked around for this Peter whilst Chiron muttered to Mr D.
    "Er, Percy Jackson," Mr D corrected. She looked at Percy who shrugged. "That's right. Hurrah, and all that. Now run along to your silly campfire. Go on."
    Everyone cheered. They all headed down towards the ampitheatre, where the Apollo cabin led a sing-along. Shannon loved singing. She always had. She loved the camp fire songs about the gods, adored eating the roasted marshmellows and liked joking around. It was homely.
    Shannon slept like a baby that night. Percy had found a spot beside her some how and just collapsed onto his sleeping bag whereas Shannon made like a cat and comfortablised her sleeping bag first.
    The next few days were rushed. Shannon had lessons with satyrs, nymphs, Chiron and helped out with the ancient Greek that Annabeth gave. He could stumble and trip his through Homer after a while. She rotated in classes with Percy. She discovered that she was better than him at archery. She hit the target, close to the bull's eye, whilst Percy sent arrows here, there and everywhere. Shannon did her usual sprinting, beating several kids who weren't in the Apollo cabin. She was small and therefore agile and quick. She only watched wrestling, deemed to small to step up on the mat. She was thankful for that because this was done with Ares kids. She was in the same canoe as Percy and they excelled at it greatly together, speeding by. Shannon put it to her feeling great on water. Percy agreed with the feeling. It was the only thing she was great at other than magic. Percy seemed the same, minus the magic. He noticed her oddness when she touched the water on the lake and it rose with her hand. That's when she explained to the twelve year old about her magic.
    On Thurday afternnon, thrree days after Percy arrived at camp, he had his first sword fighting lesson. Shannon watched lazily as she bit her nails. She'd never been able to find a blade that fit right in her hands. When the pairs work came up, Shannon sighed and found a partner. It was just some random kid with blonde hair and grey eyes. Shannon knew who he would be claimed under in a second. Athena. He had that wise look about his face and he looked almost annoyed with her presense.
    Shannon said to Percy, "Goodluck. Luke's the best swordsman in the last three hundred years."
    "Maybe he'll go easy on me," Percy said.
    Shannon snorted.
    Shannon fought with blondie. "So..." Lunge! "What's your name?" Parry. Swipe back.
    "I'm Raoul Jaques," said the boy with a slight Frech accent. He swiped and Shannon dodged. "Most people call me RJ."
    "Well, RJ," Shannon said, swiping furiously. "I'm Shannon."
    "Yeah. I know," RJ hissed and lunged.
    Shannon blocked and twisted, hitting him in the ribs with the flat of her blade. He swung an arch, Shannon rolled behind him. She lunged but RJ jumped out of the way.
    By the time Luke, the Hermes cabin counsellor, called break, Shannon and RJ were equally tired of their fight. They raced to the drinks cooler. Shannon poured some cool water into two cups, drinking the one and tipping it on her face with the other. She felt better, energised and powerful. The grass around her seemed to grow greener.
    Luke called a demo and she watched Percy, who'd doused himself in water by the looks of it, become Luke's next victim. She supressed a smile, having been in Percy's shoes before. They were going to do a disarming technique: how to twist the enemy's blade with the flat of your own sword. Shannon watched bored, not really listening. They sparred, Percy somehow stopping Luke from getting at the hilt of his sword. Percy countered. He stepped forward and thrust... Luke deflected it easily. Shannon saw his eyes narrow. They used more force.
    Percy tried the disarming technique and... suceeded? Wow.
    Everyone went silent.
    Percy looked at his feet. "Um, sorry."
    Luke looked stunned. Then he said, grinning, "Sorry? By the gods, Percy, why are you sorry? Show me that again!"
    He couldn't do it again.
    On Friday night, after dinner, it was finally time for capture the flag. Shanon joined and cheered as Annabeth, with two of her siblings walked in with their silk banner. The three metre long flag, glistening grey, painted with an owl and an olive tree flowed behind them as they moved. Shannon didn't really mind cheering for the Ares team. It was all good fun to the eleven year old girl. they hd charged in with a bloody red banner with a spear and a boar head painted on it. Shannon admired the art work.
    That night, she'd discovered her alliances with the Athena cabin were just the cherry on top of a perfect disaster. They were to get the flag from the Ares team. She'd also be working with Apollo cabin, which wasn't all that bad.
    Chiron called for silence. "Heroes! You know the rules. The creek is the boundary line. The entire forest is fair game. All magical items are allowed. The banner must be prominently displayed, and have no more than two guards. Prisoners may be disarmed, but may not be bound or gagged. No killing or maiming is allowed. I will serve as referee and battlefield medic. Arm yourselves!"
    Chiron spread his hands, and the tables were suddenly covered with equipment: helmets, swords, spears, shields... Shannon found a bow and quiver full of arrows to use. Luke nodded at her to take a knife. She'd never tried a knife before but she figured, what the heck. The weight of the knife was far more comforting in her hand than a sword. She tightened a sytrap on her armour and adjusted her helmet which had a blue plume to show her team. This stuff was important... unless you wanted to get skewered by your friends in the happy Ares cabin. Shannon was placed on border patrol with percy. She would keep an eye on him for a while.
    Annabeth smield at her as Shannon joined her. Annabeth yelled, "Blue team, forward!"
    They cheered and followed her to the forest, to the south. Shannon walked beside Annabeth, discussing strategies and remembering past tragedies involving the magical half-blood. Annabeth laughed at the majority.
    "Hey!" Percy yelled and ran ovr to the girls, tripping over his equipment.
    They kept marching.
    "So what's the plan?" Percy asked. "Got any magic items you can loan me."
    Annabeth's hand drifted to her pocket. "Yeah. Shannon. She's paired with you to keep an eye out. Just watch out for Clarisse's spear. You don't want that thing touching you. Otherwise, don't worry. We'll take the baner from Ares. Has Luke given you your job?"
    Shannon frowned. She was not an item! Gods knew Annabeth just wanted to annoy her.
    "Border patrol, whatever that means," Percy answered.
    "It's easy. Stand by the creek, keep the reds away. Leave the rest to me. Athena always has a plan," Annabeth said.
    Shannon smiled at Annabth's supposed catch phrase. "Yeah. But sometimes, the nobody has a better one."
    "Shut up, Shannon," Annabeth grinned at her best friend.
    The girls pushed ahead.
    The night was warm and slightly sticky. The woods darkened, with fireflies lighting up random parts of forest. Shannon and Percy were stationed at the creek. Shannon loved Zephyros creek. It was calming, pretty and just cool. She sometimes snuck there in the night when she couldn't sleep. She was very careful about when she sneaked out of the cabin. Tonight, she looked around and saw nothing but the waters.
    "Okay. I'll climb up a tree and warn you when anyone comes. I shoot an arrow at a tree," she said, used to this by now.
    She climbed the tree, remembering when she fell out of one when she was five and landed in a prickly thorn bush. The conch horn blew in the distance and Shannon readied herself. She setled on a strong brach of the tree. There was the sounds of whooping and cries deeper in the forest. Shannon heared something and looked. She saw a blue plume and rested her bow again. It was a child of Apollo, racing into enemy territory.
    There was a sound that chilled Shannon's blood; a low, canine growl close by. She looked around and saw nothing. She dismissed it for her imagination. Percy had raised his shield, apparently hearing it too. Shannon readied with her bow, looking around for the noise. It wasn't her imagination. It couldn't have been... There was a twig snapping noise and Shannon loked over the creek to see five Ares warriors heading towards them. She drew the arrow and hit a tree near Percy. Percy gaspe and saw them. Clarisse headed the team of five.
    "Cream the punk," she yelled.
    Shannon quickly notched another arrow. She aimed but couldn't get a clear enough shot. Clarisse was brandishing her electric spear... It had been a gift from her father, Shannon had heard. The others only had the standard issue bronze swords. Shannon aimed and an arrow whizzed past her ear. She looked into the trees and found an Aphrodite girl smirking at her. Shannon aimed at her instead and the arrow missed by inches. The girl smirked and hopped down the tree and into the Northern forest.
    Down below, Percy was pretty beat up. The Ares kids pushed him into the creek. Shannon jumped down the tree.
    "Hey!" she yelled, drawing their attentions. They looked massive against her. Shannon tried not to cower. "Uh... um... Never mind."
    "Get her," Clarisse said simply.
    Shannon yelped and crouched down, covering her face with her hands.
    That's when the amazing happened.
    Clarisse and three of her cabin mates left one with me and went to get Percy from the creek. Percy hit the one dude with the flat of his sword across the heasd, knocking th helmet off. The guy crumpled into the waters. Dudes two and threewent up against Percy but one had a facefull of shield and the other had his plume shortened by Percy's sword.
    Shannon kicked dude four in the crotch them proceeded to punchin him in the face. She pulled out her nife and held it to his throat. "You're now a prisoner of the blue team. Please shut your face whilst your sister and Percy fight. I'd like to watch."
    The dude nodded, clutching his nose. He'd gotten beaten up by an eleven year old girl!
    "You idiot! You corpse-breath worm!" Clarisse screamed at Percy after he had broken her spear. Shannon had missed it as she had been fighting with dude four.
    There was elated yells and Shannon saw Luke Castellan racing towards the boundary lines. The red banner was lifted high above his head. He was covered by some of the Hermes campers, including the Stoll brothers, in his retreat. A few Apollo kids were behind them, fighting off Hephaestus kids. The Ares kids got up and ran, minus dude four who was indeed a prisoner. Clarisse muttered a dazed curse. "A trick! It was a trick!" she'd shouted.
    Luke ran into friendly territory and the blue team exploded into cheers. The red banner shimmered, becoming silver. The spear and boar head were replaced by a stick with snakes entwined around it called a caduceus, the symbol of cabin elven. Luke was hoisted onto the shoulders of the blue team and they cheered his name. Chiron cantered over and blew the conch horn. The game was over. Shannon rushed over to Annabeth, who was steadying percy as he wobbled. He was unsteadily standing beside Annabeth.
    "Oh, Styx," Shannon heard her say.
    "Hey, Annabeth," Shannon greeted. "What's wrong?"
    "This is not good," Annabth said. "I didn't want... I assumed it would be Zeus..."
    There was a canine growl again. Shannon looked around. There was a howl. The campers cheering went dead. Chiron shouted in ancient Greek. A phrase meaning, "Stand ready! My bow!"
    Shannon pulled an arrow and notched it on her bow. She saw it... On the top of the rocks just above them, a black hound the size of a teenage elephant with lava-red eyes and fangs like knives stood. It looked straight at Percy.
    "Percy, run!" Annabeth yelled.
    SHe tried to step in front of him but the hound was fast and leapt at Shannon instead. Percy pushed her out of the way just in time and it hit him. Percy's armour was destroyed. Arrows hit the hound in the neck. The monster fell dead at Percy's feet.
    "Di immortales," Annabeth said. "That's a hellhound from the Fields of Punishment. They don't... They're not supposed to..."
    "Someone summoned it," Chiron condemned. "Someone inside camp."
    Luke went over, his banner limp in his hand and his moment of glory forgotten.
    "It's all Percy's fault! Percy summoned it!" Clarisse yelled.
    "Be quiet, child," Chiron told her.
    They all watched as the hellhound's body melted away. Annabthe instructed percy to step into the water again. Chiron watched. Shannon stood up and saw as percy stepped into the water. His cuts were closing up... Some gasped. He tried to apologize. But no one was watching his wounds.
    Above his head head, a green holgram-like trident was glowing. Annabeth pointed.
    "Your father," Annabeth murmured. "This is really not good."
    "It is determined," Chiron anounced and everyone started kneeling. Shannon did the same, bitterly.
    "My father?" Percy asked, bewildered.
    "Poseidon," Chiron said. "Earthshaker, Stormbringer, Father of Horses. Hail, Perseus Jackson, Son of the Sea God."
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 4/21/2012, 2:46 am

Keep it up I love the story
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 4/21/2012, 2:45 pm

Dude, I can give the link to the rest. I've uploaded it to Wattpad instead xD

TO READ MORE, CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK:

http://www.wattpad.com/story/887252-amazingly-crazy-shannon%27s-crossover-life

Ignore the summary. I'm changing it when this project is finished.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 8:39 am