A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Libera Me

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Libera Me Empty Libera Me

Post by Jordan 4/6/2012, 2:40 pm

An original story I've been writing. In the process of turning it into a comic too. Let me know what you think!

Libera Me

INTRO

My name is Ezra.

It is Hebrew for helper. I am the youngest of His warriors; only eight-hundred years old, making me an adolescent if you would wish specifics. Like most angels I am beautiful. I do not take pride in it, but merely speak with honesty. I am beautiful. Unlike the others of my kind, I am not strong, nor fast, nor skilled with sword-and-spear. But I am intelligent. I have spent the past few centuries of my existence studying demons. It is what He wishes of me….
    Everyone knows not to question His plans, but I can’t help to wonder, why must I study the horrible, dark, cunning things mortals have called, demons? Well my answer came not too long ago. It seems demons have learned to escape their prison that He has made for them, Tartarus. Each demon, one-by-one is escaping into the mortal world and is wrecking havoc upon mortal lives. Most mortals see their attacks as natural occurrences, which is what we want them to see. Ice storms, hurricanes, earthquakes, they are generally the result of a demon attacks that are covered up by His will. If mortals knew demons physically existed in their world, there would be a panic, foreboding would be everywhere, and hope would be gone. With so many demons entering “Earth” the veil will lose its affect and people will see them for what they are.
    Demons are horrible creatures, spawned from the true wickedness of this world and are fueled by destruction and their own blood-lust. They are crafty, cunning, and deadly. So I have been sent with the task to create a mortal army to fight against them. I must find men and women who are physically and emotionally strong; they will have to be in order to fight the demons. Along with their own physical strength, He has given me the power to bless any mortal whom I see fit. They will use the blessings I give them to fight the monsters and keep peace and hope alive in this dying world.
    Luckily, I have found one man who will lead them. He is entirely strong, and emotionally sound, he will help me lead this army, and vanquish the darkness that is covering our land. For now this will have to do, and I pray this works, or the mortal world is doomed.

Chapter 1

DANIEL

My name is Daniel Nelson, though I’m generally called “Dan”. It’s simple, sweet, and short, so it’s easy to get rid of. My name drops off the tongue, like every person who speaks it wants to get rid of it quickly. So I guess you kind of get my opinion on people, huh? People bug me. The only ones that are deemed good in my book, are the ones who hand me a glass of alcohol. Yes, I have problems, probably too many to count, but I’m not really in a situation to fix it.
    I am twenty-three years old and a “recovering” alcoholic. I live in a crappy one bedroom apartment, and I’m stuck at a crappy dead-end job. I sell pens. Yeah, not pins the things with dorky phrases and pictures that you attach to your shirt like the things that you write with. My office is an annex to a larger company called, “DeSCRIBE”, they sell office supplies. My job is to get on the phone with cruddy business men, to try to sell them “some of our fabulous pens!”…. I hate my life.
    If you’re thinking, oh it doesn’t sound that bad. You’re dead wrong. I was an only child growing up, and I lived with an abusive father, and a sickly mother. I was sent to a large, overcrowded public school and was harassed by bullies, I came home and was then beaten by my father, and ignored by my mother. Its not like she tried to, she was always resting, she never knew of dad’s abusive habits. When she had the energy, she would take me to the zoo, or the park as a child, but she rarely did. She was always sleeping. When I was eighteen, my mother died of cancer; she had been fighting it through out her adulthood, but eventually succumbed to the debilitating disease. The only good thing out of it was the money. She left me a handsome amount of her family’s fortune in her will. Dad continues to this day, to blame me for her death, but I think he was just mad that she left him nothing. Though of course, like all good things in life, I had that taken away.
    When I was twenty, I met “the love of my life”. She later turned out to be a fraud, and took almost everything that I owned, including my mother’s fortune. I was left only a few thousand dollars, and was able to find a job… which is where I currently work. One of my only friends, Marshall, let me stay with him for a while, but I was afraid I was taking up his space, so I left, and bought myself a crappy apartment… which is where I currently live.
    Summing everything up, my life sucks. And sadly, it really wasn’t going to get much better. I was going to find love, riches, and friends, but the negatives highly outweighed the positives. But I guess that’s how things go. Once you find peace, our dark and wild world will wash it away.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Libera Me Empty Re: Libera Me

Post by Nemesis 4/6/2012, 2:53 pm

nice
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5513
    Registration date : 2011-11-10

Post by Edgar Allan Poe 4/6/2012, 3:21 pm

It's very nice, but I'm not in conditions of reading this sort of story.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 10/6/2024, 12:25 pm