A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

A Mortal Life

Zoken

Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2012-05-23

A Mortal Life Empty A Mortal Life

Post by Zoken 5/27/2012, 6:33 pm

Percy was in his first day of his sophomore year. He walked down the hall, stuffing his books into his locker, ready to relax back into a calm school year, with no monsters, no fights. All he had to worry about was algebra.

"What's the matter fairy," he heard behind him. He turned to see a very large guy shoving a smaller, very fashionably dressed guy into the lockers. "Lost your wings?" concluded the gorilla unoriginally.

The smaller guy said nothing. He just had a resigned expression on his face. How did Percy not see this last year?

"did you hear me queer?" the larger student grunted again.

"I did," Percy said slinging his bag down into the near by lockers. "And I don't want to hear it again."

"What are you gonna do about it," the gorilla growled focusing on Percy. They guy was not as scary as some of the monsters Percy had faced. he wasn't even as scary as Clarice.

"What has to be done," Percy answered. "You leave him alone, and you don't touch him again."

The larger boy swung, Percy easily dodged, and directed his fist into the locker. The boy yelped, and Percy delivered a powerful blow the the nasty boy's gut. "harm one hair on anyone's head," Percy told him calmly. "And we will have to discuss this again."

The jerk hobbled off, humiliated. Percy picked up his bag and was about to walk away when near-victim rushed up, "wait!"

Percy recognized him. He was fairly sure his name was Carl.

"I'm Chris," Not-Carl said. "Thank you."

"No problem," Percy gave him a smile and tried to turn again.

"You're Percy Jackson, right?" Chris asked. "Then English Teacher's son."

"Step-son," Percy added, in an off-hand tone, "But yeah. Paul married my Mom."

"I appreciate you saving me," he said again. "People will usually tell me afterward how horrible that was, but usually no one does anything about it."

Percy nodded, thinking he might once have been one of those people. "Anything like that happens again, you tell me," Percy told him. "I can handle that ogre."

"Umm," Chris seemed to want to broach a subject. "Are you doing anything after school?"

Percy heard the question, blinked, then chuckled. "Sorry, I'm straight, and taken."

Chris laughed, and blushed. "I knew the first part, I'm not trying to ask you out."

"oh, sorry," Percy blushed.

"The Full Spectrum club is meeting. It's supposed to be a gay-straight alliance, but the only ones who will join are gay." Chris held his hands out to show his frustration. Percy looked around and noticed people watching him talk to Chris. For a moment he thought of turning him down, because of what people would think, then he hated himself for that. "I'm in," Percy smiled. "I'll see you there."
    Lady Arbitrary
    Lady Arbitrary

Female
    Number of posts : 1992
    Registration date : 2011-12-09

A Mortal Life Empty Re: A Mortal Life

Post by Lady Arbitrary 5/27/2012, 6:42 pm

I like this! Please continue, it's really good.
    Zoken

Male
    Number of posts : 52
    Registration date : 2012-05-23

Post by Zoken 5/27/2012, 6:51 pm

"So how was school this week," Annabeth asked Percy over the phone.

"Not bad, I became a hero, became gay, and became a first class jerk."

"What?" Annabeth asked in perplexity.

"Well, there was this thing in the hall at school, this guy was getting messed with for the dumbest reason, so I stepped up and stopped it."

"Oh, Percy, you didn't!" Annabeth worried. "Seaweed brain, you know you aren't supposed to fight mortals."

"I know, and if the guy had just been messing with me, I wouldn't have done anything, but are you saying you would have just stood by while some gorilla hassles a kid for being gay?"

"No," she admits. "But Percy, you didn't use powers on him, did you?"

"No, wise girl," Percy smiled. "Just fists."

"Okay, so that's you becoming a hero... again," she teased. "What about being gay?"

"Oh, well the guy asked me to join the GSA at his school, because while they had plenty of LGBT kids, they were suspiciously lacking on the "S" kids. So I figured why not. The guy is pretty cool. He's an artist. Met a few more people, I think I might have broken a guy's heart when I said I had a girlfriend."

"Was he cute, we could work something out..." Annabeth teased.

"Ha-ha," Percy drolled. "So someone there, Greg, said he'd noticed I wasn't in any extra curriculars."

"Percy!," Annabeth reprimanded. "You know a good set of after school activites are essential for getting into a good college.

"Yeah, I know, Owl-Eyes. That's why I took him up on what he suggested; Drama. They were getting ready to do Romeo & Juliet."

"Are you playing Romeo?" Annabeth asked, a little bit of jealousy in her voice.

"Nah," He grinned. "They wanted someone who knew sword fighting, I have the role of Tybalt."

"Tybalt, isn't he..." Annabeth asked, thinking how different the character was from Percy.

"Yeah, I just channel my inner-Clarisse, and things turn out alright." He cleared his voice. "What, drawn and talk of peace? I hate the word, as I hate Hell, all Montagues, and Thee. Have at thee coward!" He was still a little stiff in his delivery, but frankly, Annabeth was impressed he'd memorized all of that so fast.

"Sounds great!" she complimented. "

Yeah, well luckly we have two months until curtain so, I'll get better. "

"I can't wait to come see it," She said. "I can't wait to tell everyone too. They'll all get to see you in tights and make up!"

"oh... worst girlfriend ever!" Percy joked, pretending to be wounded.

"Well, I can't be too good to you Sea-Weed Brain, otherwise you might get a big head... Herakles."

Percy blushed. This had become a special pet name for him whenever they were making out and alone. "Thank you, Hebe. I love you."

"I love you too Percy. Talk to you again soon?" she asked.

"Not too soon," Percy requested. "When you show up unannounced, that generally means trouble."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/9/2024, 9:01 pm