A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

This is for a story I'm trying to write.

Dolorous Edd
    Dolorous Edd
    First Ranger

Male
    Number of posts : 7499
    Registration date : 2009-12-29

This is for a story I'm trying to write. Empty This is for a story I'm trying to write.

Post by Dolorous Edd 10/12/2012, 1:55 pm

This will be the first installment of my story that I'm trying to write. Enjoy.

“RUN!” I yelled to my friends. I did not dare look behind me. I could hear their hooves beat against the broken ground. There was something oddly familiar about the situation.

~~~~~~~~~

Hold up. We skipped something. We need to go back a bit.

~~~~~~~~~

I relaxed into the worn, old recliner my mother had left for me. Just as I settled, the phone rang. I let it go to voice-mail. If it was really important, they’d leave a real message.

“We might need your assistance-” I sighed when I heard that. I know exactly what it was about. There wasn't a person in this town that didn't know. And I was the only person anyone know that could help.

I heard the doorbell ring. “Come in,” I yelled. I heard the door open and close.

“You didn't answer the phone.”

It was Erin. They always sent her. “I know. You act as though that’s not normal.” I reply to her as i stood up.

“Daniel said you could-“

“I know what Daniel said. And I've told you before, Just because I can help, doesn't mean I will.”

“Why won’t you help us with this?”

“Why can’t I be left alone for a while after fixing something up?” That phrase always left a silence she could not answer. I went to the kitchen. I was always well stocked.

“You know nothing’s ever right around here. And we don’t know anyone else.”

“That’s not going to make me want to help you. You know that as well as I.”

She’d known I’d be difficult. I think that’s why she always comes in.

“There has to be something you can help us with.”

“There is, but I won’t.” She knew I’d be stubborn. And I was just about ready to get her out of here.

“Please? Arik can’t bear the thought of dropping something this big. And you know it.”

“I’ll not hear any more of this. Please leave.”

And just like that, she’s out of the house.I sit back down on the recliner thinking about what she said. I knew that Arik could never put down this case. She would never give up on something of this magnitude. I let out a huff of breath as I stand back up. I walk to the phone, hit re-dial and say, “Where do you need me to be?”

Daniel answers me by saying, “Meet us by the latest scene, Andrew.”

I hang up and pick out my car keys.
    Dolorous Edd
    Dolorous Edd
    First Ranger

Male
    Number of posts : 7499
    Registration date : 2009-12-29

This is for a story I'm trying to write. Empty Re: This is for a story I'm trying to write.

Post by Dolorous Edd 10/15/2012, 7:45 pm

Second little bit that I've written

I pull up to the last house that had been ransacked. The town was known for it’s beautiful homes, at one point in time. Recently, however, it’s been better known for the mysterious activity that’s been going on. Every time something comes up, I get called on. Of course, it’s to be expected.

Daniel walks up to me as I’m walking into the house. “You’re lucky I need you for all of this,” He starts out. I knew what he was talking about. I would have been fired a long time ago if I wasn’t needed.

“You’re lucky this is the only job I could find.” I shoot back at him. He knew that was the truth.

“Well, in case you don’t remember, this house was where Ms. Ceder was robbed.”

“Yes, in this house Ms. Ceder was robbed, and the robber broke all the glass because of a superstition of his. I’m happy to see it’s all been replaced and paid for.”

“Yes, replaced and paid for out of our own money. You’re not going to get as much as you’re used to for these jobs because of that.”

“Yeah, I know. Now what is it you need me for?”

“There was another robber here.”

“Not the same one, I see, since all the glass is still in tact.”

“We’re not quite sure about that part. That’s the only thing that’s different this time, but everything else is the same style.”

“I don’t see the significance of that. I suppose you’re just leading me around the bush, not getting to the point.”

“Ms. Ceder left after this second break in, and right after that, there were three more break ins back to back in the local area. And in each one of those break ins, the glass was all destroyed.”

“Very strange.”

“Yes, quite. We believe that the robbers might not be people, exactly, either.”

“And why would you think that?” I ask noncommittally.

“There are absolutely no tracks of any kind, except for hooves.”

“What’s the big deal?” I ask. And then I remembered something about the town.

“There are no animals with hooves in the town, Andrew. You know that better than I.”
    Arik
    Arik
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 20528
    Registration date : 2010-06-05

This is for a story I'm trying to write. Empty Re: This is for a story I'm trying to write.

Post by Arik 10/15/2012, 9:00 pm

I love it, teddy. (:
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 8:08 am