A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Hunting Monsters- In the City

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Hunting Monsters- In the City Empty Hunting Monsters- In the City

Post by Jordan 11/4/2012, 7:01 pm

Aeron walked into the city gawking at the height of the buildings. "This is really cool..." She whispered in awe. Though there was damage, ranging from mountains of sand, to overturned news stands, she still had a vast appreciation for the city. "So where do you think we should look for a monster?" Aeron asked, she figured a dark alley would be kind of expected, so maybe a monster would be out in the open... wait. Were gargoyles Greek monsters? She looked up at a building the was lined with them. Aeron instantly began to think how cool they would be to have as a pet.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512

Hunting Monsters- In the City Empty Re: Hunting Monsters- In the City

Post by Kendall 11/4/2012, 7:13 pm

I looked around at the general chaos of the city, at all the sand and the water and some of the overturned newsstands -- ouch, Sandy hit hard.... I sloshed through a puddle and shrugged, looking at Aeron a little hopelessly; we couldn't just fight a monster if the place looked and felt like a ghost town. Nothing except us seemed to be breathing around here, except some flies and a rat scurrying into an overturned trash can, squeaking. "Maybe some of them cleared out when the storm hit? Or maybe they're in the sewers, like the ninja turtles on TV."
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/4/2012, 7:27 pm

"Oh yeah!" Aeron laughed and frowned as she turned away, in no way would a turtle make a good ninja. She hated not knowing about popular tv shows her peers watched... she doubted anyone watched politics at the age of five. The city really was empty though. A few rescue and maintenance teams worked to removed fallen light posts and pump out water from the subways, but other than them, the streets were deserted... kind of creepy, she never thought she'd see a major city so... dead.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/4/2012, 7:40 pm

I stepped over a second puddle, cursing the hurricane as I walked towards an alleyway and peered into it. Nope, nothing but water, sand, and trash. A rat scurried through a puddle and, sopping wet, ran deeper into the alleyway and disappeared behind an overturned dumpster. Turning back, I walked back towards Aeron and shook my head sadly. "There's nothing here.... Maybe we can hope one of the maintenance crews will turn into a Cyclops and attack us. Or maybe even a Telekhine, those things are usually techy."

Hunting Monsters- In the City Egg12[FOUND]
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/5/2012, 4:12 pm

"I suppose I could take a swing at them with a mace, if they're mortal it'll go right though them." Aeron suggested. Or... "HEY MONSTERS! IT'S EPIC MEAL TIME!" Aeron screamed, her voice rang through the empty streets, she smiled, quite proud of herself, that was one reference she knew, thank the gods for youtube. Aeron thought with a grin. Maybe monsters would hear? "They're bound to smell us, two demi-titans, without the scent of mortals blocking us?" Aeron's face suddenly went white, "we're open targets." Aeron mumbled, feeling they were now being watched.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/6/2012, 7:45 pm

Open targets? It took a moment for what Aeron said to click in my mind, and when it did, something was growling audibly from what seemed like only a few yards away from us. I tensed and glanced from Aeron to the alleyway, but the sound definitely wasn't coming from there. Oh gods.... I glanced down at my feet and prepared to use the sand around us to strike the monster, whatever it was, to distract it for a few moments when it decided to show itself to us. That would either give us enough time to dematerialize -- unless Aeron couldn't do that herself -- or summon our weapons and fight it.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/6/2012, 8:03 pm

Aeron removed a bar of celestial bronze from her pocket and molded it in her hands as she searched around her. There was nothing. She could feel it if it were underground, or even standing next to them, but there were no vibrations from the earth. Aeron gasped suddenly and rolled to the side as a set of claws slashed where her head used to be. "Griffins!" Aeron growled, of course they were in New York, Aeron guessed they could easily hide among the gargoyles. Aeron looked above her as she finished molding the celestial bronze into a mace. Two large figures circles above them.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/7/2012, 3:17 pm

I looked upwards as two large shadows moved around in a circle on the ground; two large bird-like things were flying above us, looking like they were prepared to dive-bomb us from all the way up there. Swearing to myself, I stamped on the ground underneath my feet and my sword popped out of the ground, the tip still lodged into the concrete of the road -- because seriously, I wasn't going to catch the thing. I pulled it out of the ground and glanced at Aeron; I was beginning to make the sand stir and shift around us, collecting it together into a large pile in front of me. This should be enough to distract them with -- for now.... Concentrating on the sand, I began to form sort of a shield in front of us to make it just a bit more difficult for the griffins to rip us to shreds; they'd have to get through the sand first, provided that I didn't sent waves of sand at them in mid-air.

ooc: So, are you going to control the griffins?
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/8/2012, 3:52 pm

OOC: Sorry, I totally thought I posted here...
    So since there are two, I was thinking that we'd each control one. Mine would attack Meagan, and yours, Aeron. Would you be cool with that?
    BIC:

Aeron tracked the monsters nervously with her eyes, she wasn't used to facing monsters that could fly. The daughter of Gaea spun her mace quickly and stomped roughly, the cement around her reacted by shattering and lifting. The four jagged slabs of pavement floated closely to Aeron, she could easily hurl these at a griffin, but blocking with them would be equally effective.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/9/2012, 6:06 pm

ooc: Yeah, sure, that definitely works.

bic:

I noticed that one of the griffins was missing a part of one of its front legs -- well, a claw or something, but that wouldn't help us much in not getting slashed into ribbons. It let out a shriek and stopped circling, hovering about twenty or thirty feet up in the air above us. If only I could control the air.... I swore and held my sword up, prepared to either spear the thing through or send up a wave of sand at it.... Would sand help much? Ma --

There was a loud shriek from the griffin as it suddenly shot down towards me, its clawed paws (or whatever) outstretched and already slashing the air in front of it -- but at the last minute, it swerved abruptly away from me, now ten feet above us, and at Aeron, slashing at her furiously with its front claws and beating its wings furiously for extra speed.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/9/2012, 6:14 pm

Aeron turned and slammed two pieces of concrete together to shield her from the monster. Acting quickly, she moved the other two above her and began to stab down at the monster with the jagged rocks. Aeron thought about riding on a slab of concrete to get into the air but decided it wasn't a good idea, "the air is their territory, don't challenge them there." Aeron reminded herself.

The second griffin followed it's partner and folded its wings and dove toward the ground. This monster was missing an eye, possibly a fatal flaw for the griffin. The cyclops-griffin spread its wings before hitting the earth and soared over the pavement screeching angrily with its claws outstretched toward Meagan.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/9/2012, 7:18 pm

The griffin screeched and flew away from the two pieces of concrete; one managed to nick its back-end and wing, but not enough to totally impair its flying. It flew a good four yards away from Aeron and turned, glaring at her out of two narrowed eyes as if to say, Is that all? Blood was dripping from its wing and back-end onto the pavement, a black-ish color that looked eerily like the color of dried human blood.

Meanwhile, the second griffin had shot towards me, flying above the ground trying to claw my eyes out. I forced the sand shield to clump together into a large rectangular shield (five feet by four feet) and sent it at the griffin with a sweep of my sword in its direction. I leaped backwards and forced a slab of concrete to rise up in front of me as a temporary shield -- I needed a better plan, fast.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/10/2012, 6:52 pm

Aeron smirked at the monster and split one of the cement slabs in two. Aeron pushed her arms forward and sent the slab of pavement flying after the griffin. She needed to be faster the monster was quick, she was suddenly afraid of being outmatched.

The one-eyed griffin, stopped and tried to retreat as a wall of sand was hurled toward it. The sand slammed into the monster and sent it sliding against the rough ground as it tried to gain its footing. The griffin was suffering from partial blindness (from sand in its only working eye) and several scrapes on its hindquarters, but aside from those, it remained relatively unharmed. The griffin screeched in anger and shot into the hair, above Meagan's cement shield and dropped down, directly above her.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/10/2012, 9:01 pm

The griffin screeched and beat his wings harder, ascending further up into the sky as the slab of cement went after it -- the air was its element, but if Aeron could move the slab fast enough or outmaneuver it, then maybe she'd manage to hit it in the wing and bring it to the ground.... Then it'd be all over for Mr. Griffin. The griffin began to circle overhead again, trying to look for an opening in Aeron's defense.

I jumped out of the way of the griffin as it dive-bombed me, feeling its claws scratching my arm as I leaped behind my cement shield and, waving my hand, made a large chunk of cement rise from the ground and float there, inches from the ground. My head was beginning to hurt now, and no matter how hard I concentrated, it wouldn't rise much more than a foot off the ground -- so, being the wonderful fighter I was, with a small burst of strength had the chunk of cement fling itself at the griffin. That would probably be a miss, but if I hit the wing, my griffin might be unable to fly -- and that would let me kill it on the ground with my sword.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/10/2012, 10:56 pm

The griffin shrieked like a banshee, it spiraled out of the way of the flying cement but its efforts were in vain as the earth smashed into it's left wing. The griffin slammed into the ground and stood growling angrily. The griffin screamed and rushed at Meagan prepared to rip her to shreds.

Aeron frowned she was beginning to feel tired, she was using too much of her energy on attacks that were missing. The half-blood looked to see her sister had grounded the monster, Aeron needed to get the stupid griffin on the ground. Aeron set the stones on the ground so she could focus her energy on a single one. Aeron dropped the stone that had been pursuing the griffin, and began launching gargoyles at it, aiming at its wings.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2012, 12:10 pm

The griffin screeched and immediately dove towards Aeron, trying to avoid the gargoyles as it flew with its claws extended to slash. Mid-flap, a gargoyle flew upwards into its wing, setting the griffin off-balance in mid-air as it spiraled, trying to fly straight towards Aeron again as it dodged another gargoyle. Its speed, however, was slackened by the pain in its left wing as well as the pain of a cut on its side.

I raised my arm and the slab of cement in front of me rose up higher as the griffin charged in my direction. Get a bit closer, I thought to myself, and I'll see what I can do for that lost claw of yours. I held up my sword and waited for it to either hit the slab of cement or run around it, where I'd meet it with a sharp sword to the eye or something cheesy like that.

Last edited by Kendall on 2/12/2013, 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/11/2012, 1:33 pm

The griffin charged, its wings folded at its sides as it roared. The monster jumped onto the rising cement and crouched preparing for another leap where it would maul the girl in front of it.

Aeron waited, one of the flying gargoyles had smashed into it's wing, but it was still flying directly toward her. She waited. Waiting. Her heart pounded in her chest, she was prepared to strike, but she had to act quickly, or she'd be ugly's lunch. "Wait." Aeron told herself shakily. There. As it was on the edge of "in my space" Aeron kicked at the earth and rolled backwards, away from the monster. In her place was a rising narrow cone of earth, if it hit like she planned, the pointed end should skewer the monster.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2012, 3:53 pm

Well, crap -- I forced the sand pile to move in front of me, but otherwise, I didn't make it do anything else; my head hurt too much to concentrate enough on using my powers. I jumped forward, my feet sinking into the pile of sand as I made a desperate slash at the griffin's front legs. Crap crap crap crap.

The griffin screeched loudly as a large cone of earth rose out of the ground where Aeron had been before; the cone stabbed it through the stomach, causing its dark blood to flow like mini rivers down the cone and towards the ground. It writhed for a moment, screeching again in pain before exploding into golden dust. Only the dust and blood remained of the griffin, except maybe a feather or two from one of its wings.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/11/2012, 4:00 pm

Aeron sighed as the griffin disintegrated. She hung her head forward and pinched her nose as blood began to trickle from it. She had used her powers too much again. Aeron turned to see her sister fighting the second griffin and gripped her mace ready to help if she needed it.

Meagan's sword slashed through the claws of the monster, which writhed in pain. Its claws were now a shredded bleeding mess. Dark blood pooled around the monsters limbs, and it glared up at the older daughter of Gaea with cold dark eyes- er-- eye. It was down for the count and slowly began to dissolve into yellow dust.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2012, 4:06 pm

I blinked hard as the monster slowly began to disintegrate into golden dust, dropping my sword with a clatter onto the ground. Gods, it hurt to think.... I shut my eyes and raised my hand up to the back of my head, rubbing it to try relieving the headache a bit. It wasn't working too well, though; I wanted to lower the cement and maybe spread the sand out a bit, but that wouldn't happen very fast if I didn't use my powers and I'd probably pass out if I did that.

I looked over to Aeron and gave her a thumbs up with my free hand. "How're you this fine day?"
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/11/2012, 4:22 pm

Aeron shrugged with a smirk, "Eh, can't comblain." Aeron said while pinching her nose to stop the bleeding.
    "And you?" She asked, smashing her mace against to ground to get it to fit into her pocket. It was a good fight, no one died, and Aeron didn't suffer major injuries. She was ready to head back to camp.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2012, 4:27 pm

"Couldn't be better," I sighed, shaking my head. I glanced down at my sword, which was lying about a foot from my shoe -- wouldn't it count as using my powers if I sent it back into the earth? Ugh. I didn't want to carry that thing around; it'd probably look like a machine gun to the mortals. I sighed and gave in, waving my hand; a small fissure appeared in the ground and my sword fell in, the ground closing up over it as my headache intensified. I swayed slightly on the spot and turned back to Aeron: "You ready to go, or should we stop and rest for a few minutes? That nose of yours doesn't look too good."
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 11/11/2012, 4:49 pm

"I'mb fine. It habbens when I use my powers doo much." Aeron sighed, and groaned. "No lets go, I don't want do wait around for more monsters do find us." Aeron managed and began to wobble back to camp. She could use a nap. Or five. She hadn't used her powers in a while, and it was really taking its toll on her. She really should practice more.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/11/2012, 5:20 pm

Holding my head, I sighed and followed Aeron, trying to walk slowly so that I wouldn't fall over and end up breaking my nose on the concrete. Several times, I wanted to stop by a pharmacy, break in, and grab some ibuprofen -- my head was going to kill me, I swear. Zeus, if you can hear me, I understand the need to have somebody break your head open. I just hoped that somebody wouldn't burst out of my head, though -- that'd be incredibly awkward and I'd probably die because that person shouldn't have been in my head anyway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 3:18 am