A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Someone Like You

Someone Like You Empty Someone Like You

Post by Guest 5/4/2013, 6:24 pm

So this is a How I Met Your Mother song-fic I wrote earlier this year. It's about how Nora and how she still loves Barney, but knows that she cant do a thing about it since he became married to her co-worker and friend Robin Sherbatsky. It was inspired by Adele and my obsession with the TV show. Enjoy!
    Disclaimer: I do not own How I Met Your Mother nor the song Someone Like You by Adele.

——————————

I heard that you're settled down, that you found a girl and you're married now
    Nora suddenly looked up and stared at her friend across the table. "Barney's married? Barney Stinson? Are you sure?"
    Her friend nodded.
    "Who to?"
    "Robin Scherbatsky."

I heard that your dreams came true, guess she gave you things I didn't give to you
    Barney kissed Robin. "I love a girl that can hold her scotch."

Old friend, why are you so shy? Ain't like you to hold back or hide from the light
    A knock came from the door. Barney opened it to see….. Nora. He was speechless.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
    I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over

"I'm sorry to come up here without any previous notice, I just… I wanted to, you know, say hullo. For old time's sake."

Never mind, I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you too, don't forget me, I beg
    "I, um….. I hope you have a good life, and I hope that you'll be happy, I really do." Nora looked at her feet. She felt like an intruder here. She hoped, though, that she could find someone else to fall head over heels for. But Barney would always be the one that she would never forget. And she hoped, oh, she hoped, he would never forget her as well.

I remember you said, "Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"
    Barney found his voice. "Nora." She glanced back up. He gave her one of his heart melting half-smiles. "Remember, there's only one happy ever after in a person's lifetime of love stories."

You know how the time flies only yesterday was the time of our lives
    We were born and raised in a summer haze bound by the surprise of our glory days

Nora sat by herself, later that day, drinking a glass of wine. She remembered the time when he stayed in that diner for however long until she took him on a date. She smiled. He stayed there for over twenty four hours, just for her.

I hate to turn up out of the blue uninvited but I couldn't stay away, I couldn't fight it
    I had hoped you'd see my face and that you'd be reminded that for me it isn't over

She swished the wine around in the bottom of the glass, thinking back to the previous events of the day. Oh dear god, was she stupid. She just found out that he was married(to Robin, no less) and still tracked him down... just to see his face once more.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you, I wish nothing but the best for you too, don't forget me, I beg
    I remember you said, "Sometimes it lasts in love but sometimes it hurts instead"

Nora did her best to hold back tears. It hurt, oh how it hurt. So, so much. And yet she was powerless.

Nothing compares, no worries or cares, regrets and mistakes they are memories made
    Who would have known how bittersweet this would taste?

She wished that she hadn't heard about Barney and Robin. And now she was back on her mourning period. Typical.

:~:

Nora was sitting at a random bar in New York, nursing a glass of wine. Slowly she put down the drink and sighed. Suddenly a cute guy leaned down next to her.

"I hate it when a pretty girl looks so down-trodden," he said. Nora sat up, a little startled. She had been deep in thought. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"Um..." she glanced at her half full glass of wine and laughed a little bit. She already had that one, but, hell, God knew she could use a few more. "Sure, yeah." And for the first time in weeks, she actually smiled.

Never mind, I'll find someone like you...

——————————

My first song-fic! I hope you like it. Please review! Oh and this is like a few years after Barney and Robin became married. Oh and I'm okay with constructive criticism. And I do NOT support Barney/Nora. Ewww...

~luckistarz~
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female
    Number of posts : 2441
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

Someone Like You Empty Re: Someone Like You

Post by tyler oakley 5/7/2013, 10:16 am

rofl. i love it!!
    Jules
    Jules
    Loyal Member

Female
    Number of posts : 2548
    Registration date : 2012-08-04

Post by Jules 5/20/2013, 12:07 pm

You should make this like a video montage. I think it would turn out pretty great. c:
    For the record, barney and quinn were the best. I really wish robin wasnt so djxibdhdj confused -.- it annoys me.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Post by Alyssa 5/20/2013, 8:55 pm

That's so cool :3

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 4:55 am