A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

The Cookie Has Been Drugged

GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

The Cookie Has Been Drugged Empty The Cookie Has Been Drugged

Post by GwrachSeren 5/4/2013, 10:28 pm

Disclaimer: I do not own anything copyrighted or trade marked. This is purely for fun. I am not claiming royalties at all.

Title: The Cookie Has Been Drugged
    Title to annoy Charlotte: The Welsh Do It Better
    Rating: PG-13 (possible that it shall change to mature.)
    Summary: Shannon is a witch. A witch she is. Here, we see how much of a witch a witch can be. Along with some halfa stuff. You’re probably not interested. I’ll just repeat the words witch and magic and Hogwarts until you decide to read it.
    Genre and Type: Fantasy, romance. Danny Phantom/Harry Potter crossover.
    WARNING: Self-inserted character. She's incredibly Mary-Sue. Relative to the plot/humour. I promise. (It's me, but not me.)

The Cookie Has Been Drugged!

Shannon Toghill wasn't always the random, romantic, witty, random (was that mentioned already?) and brave girl everyone knew her to be. In fact, Shannon was just the opposite at some point; plain, boy-repelling, bad at sarcasm and quite the coward. At this point in time, beginning about seven years before, Shannon Toghill, eleven was all these and well behaved (for the teachers)... WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED? Well, boys and girls of all ages, I'll tell you. It went like this...

The gloom was quite typical of British weather seven years before now. The dreaded 1st of September was the worst. The start of things that were bad; school, diets, work and the like. And this is what started on the 1st September, 2007, in London, England. The gleaming, scarlet Hogwarts Express stood proudly at Platform 9 ¾, unseen or heard by the Muggles on the other side of the barrier. On this day, the unknown platform was swamped with people. And these people were young witches and wizards, ready to go learn how to be a witch or wizard. They crowded in and around the red steam engine, ready to go to be educated at the best school of magic in the world: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Shannon Toghill sat, her legs up on the seat next to her comfortably, reading a book called The Worlds of Chrestomanci: Stealer of Souls by Diana Wynne Jones, her hot pink, rectangular framed glasses slipping down her nose slightly. She pushed it up again with a bony index finger. Her hair was brown and ran down her back like a waterfall, Her face was pale with a constant rosiness to the cheeks that made her soft green eyes stand out more. She was completely focused on the book. She wore a white, long sleeve t-shirt with the words Good girls are bad girls that never get caught and a pair of blue Mary-Kate and Ashley jeans with little star studs stuck around by the pocket prettily. She wore trainers on her feet that looked a bit battered and messy but worn and comfortable nonetheless.

Shannon didn't sound it but she was British. Her accent often came out Welsh but sometimes, the accent her mother had taught her to speak in scratched through to the surface. It was a mixture of Welsh, Australian and English. Most thought it was American or Canadian until she explained her mother moved around a lot as a child because Shannon's grandfather was an electrician in the Royal Navy. She was Welsh. Born in the same town, hospital and room her mother had been.

The train started to move when the compartment door opened. A girl and boy stood in the doorway. At the sound, Shannon looked up at them with a slightly bored look on her face. The girl had dark, straight hair and was taller than Shannon. Her eyes were dark brown and her smile was wide and noticeable. The boy was only slightly taller than Shannon, again with dark hair and thick glasses with brown hair. He had one of those faces you just wanted to punch. Shannon opened her mouth to say something along the lines of 'hi' but the boy beat her to it.

"Hi!" chirped the boy, his accent Welsh. Shannon's heart skipped a beat. And was this boy always so happy-go-lucky?

"Uh, hiya," Shannon greeted in return. It couldn't be possible. She wasn't the only Welsh one on this train? Oh yeah!

"I'm Harley St. James and this is Joey Trap," Harley introduced, gesturing respectively. "Can we sit in here?"

Shannon nodded. She felt a numb excitement. Two Welsh people like herself going to the same school she was going to! Harley sat down next to Joey opposite Shannon. Joey was beaming.

"What's your name?" Joey asked straight away.

"Uh... I'm Shannon," Shannon mumbled, "Shannon Toghill."

"Nice to meet you, Shannon," Joey exclaimed happily. Shannon smiled, slightly shy.

"You too, Joey, Harley," Shannon muttered.

Joey was obviously pleased with Shannon's reply so he continued, "Are you a first year?"

Shannon nodded, "Yes."

"Us too!" Joey squealed.

"Where's your accent from?" Harley asked Shannon, squinting at Shannon slightly. "Is it American?"

Shannon sighed inwardly. She told them about her mother moving abut a lot and her being the one ho taught her how to speak.

"So I am Welsh, too, but I speak like this because my mother taught me to speak this way," Shannon finished.

Harley nodded her head understandingly, "Oh."

"I still don't get it," Joey said, looking confused.

"Prat," Harley dubbed him, swatting his arm. There was an awkward silence, "So... what kind of background do you have?"

"Haha! You sounded like a cop person thing," Joey laughed. Shannon grinned at the comment. She supposed he was just nervous. He had a point though.

She was shocked by the question. Did it matter? "Non, actually. My parents are split and neither of them are magical. Or anyone else in my family. My step-dad doesn't really know."

"Really?" Joey squealed. "Me too! And Harls!"

"Really?" Shannon asked, feeling more sociable with each passing sentence.

"Yeah. We were worried we were the only ones," Harley confessed. "I couldn't be bothered to read through the books on our set list."

"Me neither," Shannon smiled.

"What house do you think you'll be in?" Joey asked. "I want to be in Hufflepuff. It sounds great!"

"Houses?" Shannon asked, her voice squeaking. Harley shrugged.

"Oh yes," Joey replied. "There are four. It was in the pamphlet that should have come with the letter from Hogwarts. They're called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin."

"How do you find out?" Harley asked him.

"I don't know. Maybe you have to a magic trick like pull a bunny out of a hat," Joey shrugged.

"I don't know how to do that!" Shannon protested.

"I said I don't know," Joey frowned.

The next few hours whizzed by in conversation. Shannon's book lay, forgotten beside her. She had her wand out and was comparing it with Harley and Joey.

"Why is yours longer, then?" Joey asked her. Shannon's wand was made out of hornbeam, twelve and a half inches long and had the core of dragon heartstring. Shannon waved it and blue sparks flew out of the tip. Pink from Harley's and green from Joey's. The compartment looked like it had been invaded by sparklers. The food trolley came and went, none of the three buying anything. For one thing, they didn't know what the heck was on the trolley in the first place. Time went on. The sun went further along the sky, finally setting.

"What time is it?" Shannon asked.

"Around three o'clock," Joey answered, consulting his watch.

"What time are we getting there?" Harley asked.

Joey became thoughtful. "I don't know."

"I'd say around six or seven. So about another three or four hours to go," Shannon supplied.

"Do you think we should change into our uniform now?" Joey suggested. There was a look in his eyes Shannon didn't see.

"I'm game," Shannon agreed.

"Only if you go to the toilets to change, Joe," Harley said, noticing the gleam in Joey's eyes and the mistiness of the glasses on his face.

"What? Why me- don't answer that. It's because there are two girls and on boy," Joey sighed, defeated.

Shannon couldn't do her tie up. She didn't know how.

"Harley? Can you do ties?" she asked the taller girl.

"Yeah, I'll do it," Harley answered and did Shannon's tie up for her.

"Thanks. I hate school uniforms," Shannon answered.

Joey came back- with a round faced, plump boy who looked in a bit of a state.

"This is Neville. He's lost his toad," Joey told the uninterested girls. "Have you seen one?"

"What kind of a question is that to ask?" Shannon wrinkled her nose. "No. We have not seen this toad."

The boy sniffled and shuffled off, leaving the trio.

Last edited by Shan on 5/10/2013, 9:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

The Cookie Has Been Drugged Empty Re: The Cookie Has Been Drugged

Post by Nemesis 5/5/2013, 2:37 am

Well, looks like I know more about you now, eh?, anyways, I admire this literature as it is a story of truthfulness.

(aka, you showing who you truly are, or where in which transpired to you now)
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/5/2013, 11:15 am

Haha, Actually, you know more about Fictional!Shan. She doesn't have MDD. When I forst wrote this, I didn't know about my MDD.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Post by Nemesis 5/6/2013, 8:41 pm

Besides that, is she your personality at the time?
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/6/2013, 8:44 pm

She's me so yeah.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 5/10/2013, 10:07 pm

Shannon became bored very easily. And so did Harley and Joey. They sat in an awful silence for about ten minutes, watching the scenery zoom by. Shannon returned to her book at some point but she didn't focus enough to quit reading the same line for about three minutes before realising. The adventures of Cat and Tonino were hardly anything compared to what she doing now. The sky darkened, the fields they passed became more and more scarce. The nerves in Shannon's stomach tightened and knotted.

"Oh my giddy God's pyjamas," Shannon muttered to herself. "It's half-five. What are we going to do?"

Harley looked at Shannon, "Calm down, will you."

"But-" Shannon started.

"But nothing, you'll be fine!" Harley interrupted.

Shannon glared at the passing sky. Why! She began to make tap her foot up and down nervously. And then she began to bite her nails. And then she accidentally cut her gum with her nail so she quit doing that. And the, all too soon, echoing through the compartments all down the train came a voice.

"We will be reaching Hogwarts in five minutes time. Please leave your luggage on the train, it will be taken to the school separately. That's it baby-er, is thing still on? Oops!"

There was a bing-bong! noise and the message ended. Harley was sniggering behind her hands and Joey swallowed, a smile playing on his face in loop.

"Oh, God," Shannon yelped. "Does anyone know what it's like to faint?"

"No," Harley answered. "Why?"

"Because I'm not sure if I feel faint or not," Shannon stuttered. Shannon pinched the bridge of her nose and started to breathe heavily. Her face became pale and that made a small red under-the-skin spot seem more visible. (There was only one on her face.)

"Quit being so melodramatic," Harley rolled her brown eyes. She looked a bit redder in the face and Joey was silent.

"Right," Shannon sighed, She sat up straight and began to talk with her hands. "It's going to be okay, Shannon. You'll be fine. Just quit talking to yourself because people think your a loony."

"You're talking to yourself?" Joey questioned.

Harley sent him a withering look whilst Shannon answered swiftly, "No! Definately not!"

"Come on. Everyone's in the corridors now," Harley instructed. Shannon stood just as the train lurched and her face was planted onto the window.

"Ow," came her muffled voice. She peeled herself away from the glass and turned to see the pair laughing. She attempted a glare but wasn't able to because her face hurt. She looked more like she was having a fit.

The trio joined everybody in the crowds of the corridor and the train slowed down. It finally stopped in a darkened station. The station boasted the words in gold:
    Hogsmeade Station

"Rest assured, I will never kiss a fairy person. They're too short, even for me!"
    - Me about Artemis Fowl and the Time Paradox by Eoin Colfer.
    The air was a rush of cold as Shannon stepped from the train and onto the platform. It was icily cold. Harley visibly shivered and Shannon's teeth chattered. Joey seemed immune. A lamp bobbed above students and a loud voice that was surely too clear to be helped by a megaphone called out:

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here!"

And that was when Shannon saw the great, hulking man that was speaking. He had a tangled beard and small black eyes. He wore a large overcoat with many pockets. Shannon gulped as Harley pulled her by the elbow. Joey trailed behind, watching the light and not caring if he stepped on someone's foot.

"All righ' there, Harry?" the man asked a boy just beside Shannon. Shannon looked at him. He was pale-ish, just about taller than her with sharp bottle green eyes and messy black hair. He had round glasses on that looked kinda awesome on him. He had a lightning bolt scar on his head. Shannon wondered how it got there. Harry caught her looking and smiled weakly. Shannon nodded, smiling a little herself and turned back to the giant.

"C'mon, follow me- any more firs' years? Mind your step, now! Firs' years follow me," the giant shouted.

So Shannon and her new friends followed their peers and the giant, slipping up the slope that the giant led them up. The crowd of first years were silent. Except for that Neville boy, who sniffed every now and then.

"Yeh'll get yer firs' sight o' Hogwarts in a sec," the giant called over his shoulder. "Just round this bend 'ere."

And a castle came into view. It was like one you'd find in a dream The windows were alight and in the darkness, against the moon, it looked like it was floating. It wasn't, by the way. Shannon noticed how the moon made the castle look all silvery. What I wouldn't give for my pencils and some paper now... she thought. Shannon was exceptionally good at drawing. It was on those few things that kept her quiet.

There was a collective, "Ooooh!" Then an, "Aaaah!" Before a relatively small, "Oh!"

The path took a turn and revealed a great big lake, still as death and black as midnight. Beyond it was the castle. It reflected the lights from the castle's glowing yellow windows and the shadows of the turrets among the building. Shannon was amazed by the view. Her fingers were itching to draw it.

"No more'n four to a boat!" the giant instructed, pointing to a bunch of boats on moored on the lake's bank.

Before Shannon could think, Harley and Joey pulled her into a boat with a boy with a slightly nerved look in his eye. The boy was fair haired with hazel eyes poking from beneath a wall of hair.

"Hi, I'm Cain," the boy whispered.

"I'm Shannon," Shannon smiled and shook his hand. "And these are my friends, Harley and Joey."

Cain smiled and shook Harley's hand before Joey's.

"Everyone in?" shouted the giant, who sat all aloney on his owney. "Right 'en- FORWARD!"
    All the boats began to move across the still lake ruining the stillness ever so slightly. The picture was... picturesque. The boats each had tiny lanterns on the the front of them and were magically led along towards the castle.

"Awesome," Shannon muttered, skimming her finger along the lake as they passed, destroying the stillness further, along with her reflection.

"It's... very pretty," Joey murmured, looking up.

"Aye. That it is," Shannon agreed. "But if that's the best yo can do, I'm going to have to tip you in there. Besides, what's so great about school? School and fun rarely appear in the same sentence. And education is not 'pretty'."

A voice sighed, "Imagine the size of the library."

Shannon's head whipped around. A bushy haired girl was sat in that Harry kid's boat with a ginger boy and Neville. She laughed softly and quietly. She loved to read, too. She was imagining the size of said library now. And was repulsed by the amount of educational books she imagined being there. Shannon preferred fiction from a young age when her mother used to make up stories about a little girl called Ella who was basically herself when she was five. Her mother had written these stories but they were forever lost when they moved for the second time in Shannon's life.

Suddenly, she felt a jerk from her side and everything became wet and cold. Shannon flailed her arms frantically under the water before she pulled out (not a strong swimmer, huh?) by a pair of great big hands. She coughed and was put back into her own boat by the giant.

"What the bleeding hell?" Shannon coughed.

"Enjoy that dip, Mudblood," a platinum haired boy laughed as she shivered.

Shannon twisted the water from her hair and clothes as best she could but was still damp and wet. She began to shiver violently. She had no idea what Mudblood meant but it sounded insulting (especially when someone gasped in horror). Shannon glared at him and dipped her hand into the water and splashed the kid. He looked like a drowned ferret. Shannon laughed.

"Did you?" she challenged. She shivered again, but was getting used to the temperature, parts of her going numb.

"Wait until my father hears about this," the boy sneered menacingly.

Shannon shied away before resurfacing, "Daddy's boy are you? Wimp. Fight your own battles. And at least I have the guts to call someone a name they understand and can retort to without looking like a complete prat, you plap!"

There were murmurs of "What's a plap" and "haha! She told him. What's a plap, though?"

Shannon dismissed the fact that even Harley and Joey had no idea what a 'plap' was (it was a word her step-dad made up to describe Shannon when she was especially lazy or did or said something stupid) and glared at the boy. He grinned slightly before sneering again. What was that about? Shannon thought, returning to looking up at the castle.

"Yeh all righ'?" the giant asked the sopping Shannon, who's tights were now laddered and had bits of who knew what it was but it was green stuck to them. "Yeh can wear my coat if yeh wan'."

Shannon looked at the coat. She was sure a part of it moved without Hagrid. "Uh, no thank you. I'm fine."

The giant nodded and turned to the blonde boy that had tossed her in. "Wha's your name?"

"Malfoy. Draco Malfoy," the boy answered boredly.

"A Malfoy, eh? Well, I'll be speaking to yer Head o' House, whoever they turn out to be," the giant threatened. He looked slightly uncertain of the events he had just described. "Tha' kind o' talk ain't welcome a' Hogwarts."

Shannon smiled triumphantly to herself. She asked good naturedly, "Who is the giant guy, anyway. He's cool!"

"That's Hagrid. He's the grounds keeper," the voice of Harry made her turn. He was almost right behind her.

"Cool," Shannon smiled at him. "Alright Neville? Found that toad?"

"No," the boy moaned.

"Oh... he'll turn up," Shannon replied sympathetically.

Shannon turned to find a cliff standing toweringly above her. She gulped and tugged on Harley's sleeve. She pondered the implications of crashing into the cliff and it went a little like this:

She'd be dead.

Dead she'd be (Yoda version!)

And SHE'D FREAKING DIE!

She started to hyperventilate but Harley hit her on the shoulder and she coughed again. Shannon glared at her before returning to the impending doom ahead of her.

"Heads down!" the giant instructed. Shannon's head ducked down just in time, her fringe narrowly escaping getting mixed with the wall of ivy. Shannon then realised she was alive. There was an opening in the cliff face. They were being carried through a dark tunnel, which seemed like it went under the castle. They drifted along until they reached some kind of underground dock. Shannon felt something wash over her. Like... a sense of foreboding.

"Oi! You there! This yer toad?" Hagrid called over to Neville.

"Trevor!" Neville blissfully cried and ran to scoop up the toad from Hagrid's open hands. He actually was so happy he kissed the ugly, warty toad that was known as Trevor. Shannon was disgusted. The first years clambered up a narrow pathway cut into the rock after the orb of light in Hagrid's hand (known as a lamp for all normal people), out onto a dark lawn. They climbed a flight of stairs before crowding around the huge, oak front door. They were at least twice the size if Hagrid and he was really big. Speaking of that dude-

"Everyone here? Raise your hand if you're not here."

Unsurprisingly, there were no hands in the air. No one was missing.

"You there. Still got yer toad?"

Neville nodded, patting his pocket which made a kind of ribbit noise. Shannon smirked. Of all the things to have in a pocket...
    Hagrid raised a fist and knocked on the gigantic door.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 5:24 am