A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Calming Waters

OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female
    Number of posts : 583
    Registration date : 2013-03-19

Calming Waters Empty Calming Waters

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 6:06 pm

Adrian walked up to the water, sighing contentedly for once in his life. Water was one of his favorite places to be, it didn't up and leave, or haunt, or did anything to him. Crouching down, he cupped some water in his hands, and splashed his face. The cold water was refreshing, waking him up from the playbacks of his nightmares. Water droplets dripped down, as he continuously splashed his face. His black sweater, clinging slightly to him, was partly zipped open, for it wasn't freezing out, but chilly near the water and many trees. Leaves were blooming in the trees, springtime springing into action.

Rolling up his jeans, slipping off his socks, puling of his Converses, Adrian slowly dipped his feet into the Creek. He sat on a giant rock by the waterside, and pulled his notepad from his back pocket, making sure no one else was around. Most people this time of day would be at training, but he didn't care for it. He'd had enough training from being alone on the streets for 6 years, even though the counselors say he can never get enough training in. Ugh, the people here. He wanted to make friends, really, but...he just couldn't. His past and his nightmares were holding him back. That, and the lack of social experience.

Flipping to a blank page, Adrian started sketching the landscape and sunset on the other side of the Creek. He looked up occasionally, doing most of it from memory. His pencil swiftly left marks on the page, forming a complete design. The day was a beautiful one, and he would try to stay up for as long as possible, to avoid sleeping. He shook his head, knowing it would happen anyways. Gods, he hated the Gods.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 18961
    Registration date : 2012-07-14

Calming Waters Empty Re: Calming Waters

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 6:15 pm

Kaitlyn walked into the forest. Her rainbow hair was in a loose bum as she walked barefoot across the mud. She was wearing the usual, her dark blue skinny jeans and a loose white blouse. She shivered in the cool forest breeze. Kaitlyn came across a boy dipping his feet into some cool water. She slowly approached the boy.

"Uhm...hello?"

She spoke innocently and cautiously approached the boy. She checke out his features and stood a safe distance away from him. Her beautiful features showed in the shade of the large trees. She had a beautiful smile and a thin, curvy frame.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 6:46 pm

Ooc: Omg, rainbow hair! lol

Bic: Adrian's ears tuned into his surroundings as he heard footsteps coming his way. His hand automatically went to the sword on his belt loop, but it slowly down as he saw it was just a girl. A very colorful girl, he noticed.

His eyebrows crept up as he tossed his dirty blonde hair away to study the girl. His dark eyes stayed aware, but he had the appearance of calmness. Snapping the notepad closed, he talked with seriousness, not knowing this person. "..Hi. What brings you here?" He said, trying to be somewhat nice. Adrian now had his eyebrows scrunched, trying to figure out why a girl like her would come into the woods alone.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 6:52 pm

Kaitlyn bit the bottom of her moist pink lip. She observed the boy closely. He was handsome with his dirty blonde hair and a nice body.

"Uhm I was just wandering around."

Her big brown eyes looked around at their surroundings, studying everything. Every branch, every tree.

"What are you doing here?"

She spoke innocently and played with the lace bottom of her shirt.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 7:04 pm

He looked her up and down, noticing her lace shirt, brown eyes, and small frame. She looked like a girly girl. Adrian didn't really get along well with girls like that. He'd learned not to judge someone by how they look, though, so he let her looks slide.

Instead, he goes, "Sitting by the water." Which was partly a lie, since he really came here to be alone and draw.

He watched her just stand there, and involuntarily yawned. "'cuse me." Adrian mumbled, trying hard to be polite. "Shouldn't you be at training. Like, rock climbing or whatever?" He asked, looking up at her with his intense eyes.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 7:07 pm

She looked at him and sighed. "No, I'm already trained." She looked around. "I actually came out here to kill some monsters." She kicked at some dirt. "I'm not a girly girl by the way. I can see it in your eyes. I'm tough." She patted her sword on her hip and growled.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 8:01 pm

Adrian tried not to look shocked, but a little bit of it came through.

"Me too. About the trained thing. And I never said you were." He says, slightly defensively. "Monsters, huh? We'll see." Relived she wasn't girly, he thought it would actually be interesting if some monsters came her. He could actually do something for once. But for now, he would stick to swirling his feet around in the water, and sketching the scenery in his mind.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 8:05 pm

Kaitlyn bit her lip and nodded at the boy. "Who's your god parent?" She sat down and looked t her bare feet. She never really did like shoes. She always felt confined in shoes like she wasn't free.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 8:11 pm

Adrian narrowed his eyes, then sighed and said in a brief manner, "Ephiales." No explanation, nothing. The girl (who he never got her name yet) would have to figure out who that God was by her own intelligence. He stared at the water, then noticed out of the corner of his eyes her bare feet. He looked around, not seeing shoes, or anything. Ookay.

"Iris?" He questioned, although he was certain from the rainbow hair flying out of it's wrap of the bun.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 8:13 pm

She nodded. "My names kaitlyn." She rubbed her cold legs. "What's yours?" She doodled a picture in the mud.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 8:34 pm

"Adrian." He nodded greeting, his expression still serious and the tiniest bit steely.

"You draw?" He asked, her doodles sparking some interest. Adrian waded into the water, the bottom half of his jeans becoming soaked. The coldness didn't faze him, he liked it, so he took off his sweater, exposing some muscular arm, which he used to scoop up some water and swish around in his hands.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 8:36 pm

She nodded. "Yeah I went to a art school when my dad wasn't a drunk..." Her Russian accent broke through as she talked.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 8:41 pm

The smallest of smiles crossed his face before becoming neutral again. "Really? Cool." He closed his eyes briefly. "Not about the drunk part." Adrian wasn't yet ready to admit he was an artist, too, so he played it like he just wanted to know about her hobby.

"You weren't born here, were you?" He sudden;y said, very straightforward, not noticing if he was rude.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 8:44 pm

She shook her head. "I'm from Russia...I came here when my father died from drinking and driving." She shrugged. "I you ask me, my father had it coming to him. He always came home drunk and he would abuse me." She stabbed the wet mud with a stick.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 10:14 pm

Adrian didn't know what to say to that, so he didn't say anything. Instead, at a loss for words, he pulled out his notepad and started sketching quietly. He drew a head shot of Kaitlyn, all by memory, so he wouldn't have to stare at her and make it overly obvious.

He sketched in silence for a couple of minutes, then asked out of the blue, "Do you like camp?"
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 10:16 pm

Kaitlyn traced circles into the ground with the stick. "Uhm kind of. I really new." She looked up at him and smiled. "How about you?"
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/26/2013, 11:54 pm

"New, too." He says, momentarily stopping from his drawing. "I hate it." He knew he should be grateful, out of the harsh streets, but being in this confined camp full of crazy, power-hungry, weirdly strong half-gods wasn't exactly ideal for him. At east, most of them were.

A strong gust of wind blew, tearing the drawing of Kaitlyn from his notepad, flying in the direction of the subject of the sketch. "No!" He shouts, trying to grab the piece of paper before it flies towards her. No luck. He didn't like to show anyone his sketches, so he sure didn't want her to see a drawing of, well, her.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/26/2013, 11:58 pm

Kaitlyn grabbed the drawing and handed it to him before she noticed it. "Hey..." She looked at the drawing and blushed. "So this I what you were doing..." The color in her hair made her face look flawless when she blushed. She handed it back to him and smiled. "Truth is I hate camp too but, I do like your drawings." She admitted.

Ooc: can they go out?
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/27/2013, 12:32 am

Ooc: Well i guess but it's gonna take a lot to get him to go out with anyone. And doesn't Kaitlyn on ur siggy say taken XD

Bic: Watching her look at the picture and blush, he could feel his cheeks getting warm, which rarely happened. He noticed in passing how her blush made her features more pronounced, but didn't pay much attention to it. This was probably one of the first times in years that someone saw one of his drawings. He was ashamed of himself that he let it get away.

"Uhh...yeah." Adrian said, quickly snatching it back. "Thanks." He also said, secretly pleased about the compliment. But just because he was pleased, didn't mean he was gonna go around showing people.

"It's nothing." Trying to change the topic, he went with, "So, what's up with your hair?" Yeah, he knew she was a daughter of Iris, but he hadn't seen her siblings with rainbow hair like that, or anything else rainbowed, besides like a rainbow outfit, which made for an unique secret portrait sketch.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/27/2013, 12:44 am

Ooc: lol I changed it

Bic: Kaitlyn smiled and retied her hair back into a sloppy bun. "Well I'm not sure. I always loved rainbows and I guess I just wanted to express myself. I saw a model do it once and I decided to copy it." She shrugged and sat back down leaning against a strong oak tree. "I wish I could draw as good as you." She smiled and looked at him. "I don't know why but, I can't seem to draw people, only landscapes."
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/28/2013, 5:25 pm

"Me?" Adrian said skeptically. He never thought himself a good drawer, he'd just aquired the talent while he was bored, living alone, and drew people who passed by. That's why he also said, next, "Peope are easy." Noticing he just gave away that he drew a lot, he tried to cover up with, "I mean...not that I draw much...nevermind."

Failing the cover up, he just gave in as he said, "You just have to get the right body shape." Adrian shrugged, too.

"Have any powers?" He was curious to know.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/28/2013, 6:50 pm

She smiled. "Mabye you could teach me sometime?" She stood back up and smiled. "Yes I have powers....prepare to be amazed and horrified! By my amazing powers!!!" She snapped her fingers and a rainbow popped up from the end of her fingers. "Ya...I know, it's a really lame power." She smirked and snapped again, making it disapear. "Taa daa! Do you have any?"
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/30/2013, 5:11 pm

"Maybe." Was Adrian's answer. It would be kind of cool to teach someone, except he wouldn't know how, and he usually didn't interact with people, so he was still getting used to this.

His eyebrows shot up, not even sure if it was in amazement, amusement, or what. He always had a little interest in the powers of his fellow campers, though he didn't talk to people much, so he was usually watching them from a distance. Seeing Kaitlyn make a rainbow appear on her fingertips made Adrian's dislike for his dad a little stronger. Just a bit. Adrian didn't have any powers, so, a frown playing on his face, he replied, "Nope. And nothing's lame...unless you don't have any..." He muttered that last part after the 'nope'.
    kaitycat4
    kaitycat4
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by kaitycat4 5/30/2013, 5:55 pm

Kaitlyns gaze set on Adrian. "Don't beat yourself up...lots of campers don't have powers." She smiled a reassuring smile. "Who knows...mabye one day you might get some random powers." Kaitlyn nodded, satisfied with her answer. She let out a small whistle and maike, her pet weasel crawled up her shoulder. Kaitlyn giggled and kissed the top of maikes head. "This is my pet weasel maike." Kaitlyn nodded twoards maike.
    OhMySparkles
    OhMySparkles

Female

Post by OhMySparkles 5/31/2013, 6:17 pm

"I don't think so." Adrian said, a hint of bitterness in his voice, though not towards Kaitlyn. He settled for shrugging, once again.

"A pet...weasel?...um, interesting..." Adrian said hesitantly, not sure what to say. He'd never seen a weasel. From what it looked like, they were interesting creatures.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 12:15 am