A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sunshine, Smiling at Me.

Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 5142
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Sunshine, Smiling at Me. Empty Sunshine, Smiling at Me.

Post by Jordan 6/1/2013, 11:15 pm

Eden rested back on a large cotton blanket. A wide blue umbrella was stuck in the sand and offered a nice bit of shade from the sun. Hidden from the sun in the shade and exposed to a nice breeze, Eden was enjoying his time on the shore of the lake. Though the sand wasn't as fine, the air was fresh, and the lake was never as crowded as the beach. The son of Dike let out a heavy sigh, his eyes fell shut for a short moment behind a dark pair of sunglasses. Eden, even from looking at him appeared completely relaxed. Long arms were folded behind his head, dark brown hair whipped chaotically in the wind, and his feet rested elevated on his pet hell hound, Beatrice. Eden ran a scarred hand down his bare chest and defined stomach. He adjusted the black swimtrunks he wore and wondered how long he would need to lay out in order to achieve the optimal amount of Vitamin D from the sun.
    "I've been feeling deprived, lately." Eden explained to Beatrice. "A child of Apollo suggested I get some vitamin D. I was apparently lacking in that regard. A humble girl, she was. It's refreshing to find someone who works for others before they tend to their own needs." Eden sighed. He opened his eyes to look down at Beatrice who was sound asleep in the sun. "I should have known you would be ignoring me." The boy's eyes scanned over his bare torso, how odd he looked. Only his left side ever scarred, and boy did he have some. Most of his left side was decorated in faint pink lines from numerous attacks. A heavy line across his ribs reminded him of a very bad fight... he turned to his left to make sure his blades were there. The bronze and crimson blades stuck out of the sand and shimmered in the sunlight. 'Good.' He thought to himself. He never wanted to be caught off guard, even now, that he knew Beatrice was asleep he felt almost... paranoid.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male
    Number of posts : 14636
    Registration date : 2011-10-12

Sunshine, Smiling at Me. Empty Re: Sunshine, Smiling at Me.

Post by Nemesis 6/2/2013, 12:06 am

Nora walked onto the sand at the edge of the lake, careful not to slip as she was clumsy like that sometimes. Nora sat down, not afraid to get dirty at the moment because today she wore casual shorts and a T-shirt, simple really. Nora stared at the lake with thoughts of it's being against her power. Nora held her hand out and a black fire ball formed in the palm of it. The fireball blazed in her palm as it neared the water, it couldn't be put out by water so the site boggled her when she dipped it into the water, but the swirling motion of the fireball created a small whirlpool in the water, not more than the radius of a spinning ruler. Nora giggled as she watched the fireball slowly die it, it wasn't much of her powers to tire her, seeing she had about 29 left. Nora glanced around , seeing hardly anybody at the lake, only about 10 others but not much. but the person who really caught her eye was the boy (Eden), who seemed very... gloomy. Nora wasn't very judgmental on who she would talk to, so she stood up and walked over to greet him "hello!" she started in a perky tone, taking a seat next to him. He was about 6' something tall, had pale skin, messy black hair, and his eyes had a different color then the other eye. Nora gave him a kind smile, waiting to see if he would acknowledge her or just ignore her like a jerk would. Nora looked at the lake again, it was nearly dark so it had a nice sun set reflection on it, sort of like a horizon but on water, it was absolutely beautiful. Nora stretched her arms again, they have been so stiff lately, maybe from her long nap at the infirmary, after she got a beat down by that boy in the arena, she almost had him. Nora still needed more training but she wasn't all that into fighting, only if she had to and if she needed to defend herself. Nora started to hum again, a tune she had been writing down for a while that had a catchy tone to it, well, to her at least. Nora wondered who this boy was, if he was good or bad, because she had met many bad people in this camp before, her own sibling had tried to kill her before!, out of all the people her sibling was included on that list, another shame their mother must have had for that child.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/3/2013, 1:41 pm

Eden opened a single eye upon hearing a voice. She sat next to him as if she had known him for ages. A friendly girl, she seemed. Eden placed his arms behind him and sat up to look at her with a better view. She had long, unnatural red hair, and dark red irises. These attributes, Eden had come to learn from reading, that according to Lavater red hair is said to characterize ‘a person supremely good or supremely evil,’ though the consensus has always favored the latter view. She was not born with red hair, or if she was then she was entirely wicked, and Eden would need to dispose of her quickly. Unfortunately the possibly evil girl sat in between him and his weapons. If he needed to, she was on his left side, he could send her rolling backwards with a pulse of dark energy. He took in the situation carefully and contorted his lips into a friendly smile. "Hello." He cooed, extending his long fingers toward her. "I am Eden, son of Dike. What do you call yourself, and what deity do you hail from?" He asked, curiosity in his tone. He recognized that he'd need to try hard not to judge her for her parentage, after all, she could not help it, and not all gods were bad... but most were. He kept his mind from honing in on her regrets and sins, she should make an impression first before he judged her.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/3/2013, 10:07 pm

Nora gave a kind smile, he was gloomy alright but he did speak with somewhat of an ancient remark. Most of the people she has known only said "God" or "parent", never deity though; Though even of the way he spoke, Nora could tell he had curiosity in his tone, and something else she couldn't make out, harshness?. Nora reached out and took his hand, shaking it since he had offered with an obvious gesture " Nora, daughter of Hecate" she spoke in an amiable matter. She had noticed him staring at her hair for a quick moment, wondering if he had seen something on it or if it was messy from lack of care "um, is there something on my hair?" she asked with such an innocent tone, almost childish. Nora's mind was simple, not complex, her thinking abnormal, not intuitive. Nora smoothed her hair out, not many loose strands and she had no split ends, so what could it be?, Nora tried to consider what was wrong with her hair, because her hair was very important to her, for reasons she couldn't reach to know. Nora sighed as she gave up on trying to find out on her own, and decided she would just let the boy answer, if he would at all. It bugged her but she didn't let it make her frantic over the topic, well... sort of, but not completely frantic as it would make her seem like a dumb Aphrodite child who thought he/she wasn't flawless.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/9/2013, 2:18 pm

Eden relinquished the hand shake and nodded slightly upon hearing the girl's question. "Your hair." Eden began, "Is it naturally that hue?" The son of Dike cleared his throat. It definitely was unnatural, but the gods passed on some odd traits to their children, for all he knew the crimson color could be natural. “Normally when a person is viewed with red hair, they are commonly believed to be ultimately good, or evil. Which would you categorize yourself as?” Eden asked, arching a thick eyebrow. Beatrice awoke from the voices, glancing over with a flip of an ear. She continued to rest lazily in the sun, either not knowing, or caring what dangers the girl could bring. Lazy damned thing... Eden thought, slightly annoyed with his companion.

OOC: Sorry for the short post, I lost the original one I was typing and couldn't remember what I had included...
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/9/2013, 3:19 pm

Nora sighed, almost in relief "yes, it is I believe. Unless somebody has been secretly dying my hair for years while I am sleeping. So yes, it is natural" Nora answered, she had not expected anybody to question her hair color. Then came the next question which almost made her laugh in disbelief, Nora had never been anywhere near evil, ultimately good was definitively her bet "I am guessing I am ultimately good, I don't even like violence, I try to avoid it as much as possible" she spoke, wondering why he had read that in the first place, maybe he just read weird things like that "who says all red heads are evil?" Nora asked in curiosity to the boggling thought of her acting like a wicked witch, humerus to think of herself like that, though she could look the part. Nora noticed the small mouse, maybe it belonged to the boy, a pet. Nora didn't have any desires to own a pet, it just seemed weird. What would she own anyways?, a black cat?, that would be weird in her opinion, she wore enough black as it is "if you don't mind me asking then, are you good or evil?" she asked with an equally puzzled look blazing her face.

ooc: it's fine
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/9/2013, 10:05 pm

Eden nodded, "An admirable trait. I cannot say the same for myself, however. I'd prefer not to fight, but if I find someone who is beyond cleansing, I find it is my duty to slay them." Eden explained, sighing in the cool breeze of the lake. He turned, feeling goosebumps rise on his skin and retrieved a striped black and turquoise jacket, slipping it on over his broad shoulders. "Johann Kaspar Lavater. He is the man that the knowledge was derived from." The demigod explained running a hand through his hair. "The man was known, mainly for his studies in Physiognomy. A Physiognomist deduces a subjects character and personality from outward appearance. Of course now we know that looks can be deceiving. But even so, it does not hurt to question appearance in the first place." The demigod nodded, he greatly enjoyed learning about Physiognomy. Anything that could help him determine a corrupted soul quicker was interesting to him. Eden smirked and chuckled, she wanted to know if he was good or evil? Hell, he didn't even know. "I can't really answer that. Solely due to the fact that I do not know. I exact justice. I take the life of someone who exhibits signs of being wicked or evil. Because I eliminate them to make the world better, I could be viewed as good. On the other hand, I take lives of people. I have my own flaws, and sometimes I can appear to be hypocritical. For these reasons I could be viewed as evil. Though, I suppose it depends on your place in all of this. If you were good, you would view me as good, as I am protecting you, and eliminating corruption. Though someone wicked may find me to be the greatest threat they've ever faced, ultimately making me wicked. So long answer short, I am both."
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/9/2013, 11:46 pm

"Well, it looks like I may have to check into one of those books, sounds interesting enough. Also, you can say you are at neutral standings then, two perspectives to see it and it just sticks you in the middle of predicaments, seeing as taking a life even with good intention isn't easy at all. Though I wouldn't exactly know, I'm just guessing, would you say I am correct there?" she asked with such an intensifying tone after the conversation turned solemn. Nora could be a perky air head at times, but she wasn't exactly idiotic and clueless either, she was very good at code switching in order to maintain a respectable persona around different people. She could tell Eden wasn't the type to humor himself a lot or at all, but something much more dark and dignified. She could manage to relate to him if around people who are serious and knowledgeable on certain subjects that are worthy of discussing to certain situations. Nora yawned and flipped her hair over her shoulders, the red locks where blowing into her eyes in the dark but windy sky, it wasn't very comfortable so she wanted to get it out of the winds path. Nora could sense Eden had memories in which he could find upsetting, or at least she thought he would, death not being something that makes normal people laughs like a maniac about, lots of sociopaths in this camp from what she heard; She had heard of some wicked and sadistic blonde girl who controls wind by someone in her cabin, people these days where purely demented and could use help. Maybe they had some traumatizing back story in which they couldn't forget that averted them to their current ways, which was cruel and sickening, just gruesome to think about. The amount of pain they inflict upon others just to muffle their own in which they want to run from instead of facing with courage to make a change.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 6/12/2013, 1:48 pm

Eden tapped his long and slender pointer finger to his chin. "No I don't feel that describes me. A neutral party is usually viewed sitting back and doing nothing. They are normally seen sitting on the side lines, supporting neither party. I do something if I feel it needs done. If I feel someone is a threat to the good of a group or society, I will immediately slay them. If I feel they will not work with me to become clean, I will eliminate them." Eden explained as if this were common knowledge. He adjusted on the blanket a rubbed his eyes for a brief moment. The girl was certainly engaging, and she wasn't the type of girl to be completely obsessed with herself, boys, or petty things like many of the Aphrodite children. Eden cleared his throat before he spoke, "You seem to be relatively... disturbed by something." Eden decided, sensing she seemed uneasy... He wasn't sure what Nora was thinking, but she seemed... off. More so now that they had gotten onto this conversation. The son of Dike couldn't help but ask, "Is there someone who is causing you trouble?"
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 6/12/2013, 2:17 pm

Nora nodded as she took in what Eden said about what describes him, correcting Nora's previous guess which was incorrect. Nora thought about the things that Eden does, wondering if it is truly violent while doing whats right, or just exacting justification upon people. Mortals always serve justice with Prison and execution on those who are beyond the normal punishment. So in obvious sight, it was like Eden was the court, the judge, and Jury at the same time. Pretty interesting to put it that way, but probably behind his judging qualities he was amiable or even benignant.

Nora then snapped out of her thoughts when Eden had asked her if she was being disturbed "oh, no, just thinking" she spoke placidly and gave a small smile, to show she wasn't being disturbed. Though, the exact truth was that she was wondering if she had a split personality from her current kind one, one that was wicked as Eden had judged by her hair. It wasn't a stupid thought because it has happened to people she has known before, and it was normally unpleasant or just shocking. Nora didn't want to be slayed because then she would want to fight back of course, but she wasn't any good with her abilities. Plus, what could she do to not inflict harm?, try to charm him and hope it works?, that was a 50/50 chance and she didn't normally like the odds.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 8/6/2013, 9:32 pm

Eden rolled his shoulders and yawned the sun slid slowly behind the rolling clouds, casting the lake shore in darkness. "I haven't frightened you, have I?" Eden questioned, raising an eyebrow. "Most people... find my beliefs to be rather harsh, or simply remain..." He paused looking for the proper word. "Uncertain, on what to think of me." He explained cracking his knuckles. Nora, upon first impression at least, seemed to be a pretty cool girl. Eden didn't like too many people, and the fact that she made a few scratches on his list of cool people was a good start.

He paused, placing his fingers on his lips. He would need to be certain whether or not Nora was a good person. It would be unfortunate if he had to slay her after making an emotional connection with her. He wanted to hold off on his ability to sense her regrets and sins. If she decided to lie about any of her past experiences, he could easily hold that against her. "So tell me," Eden sniffed, straightening his back. "Do you find that you sin often?" He asked. That was really smooth. Not to brash either. The dog in his company rolled over onto her back with her tongue hanging out of the side of her mouth. Eden sighed, definitely the most ferocious pet he had owned. He thought sarcastically.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 8/6/2013, 11:32 pm

Nora smiled with a soft chuckle "I wasn't frightened, you're different then most of the other guys I have met... they either always just flirt with me or ask of me to cast a spell for them, something stupid usually" she said as she watched him, he seemed to be pondering something and she basically figured out what when he asked her if she ever sinned "well... I don't think so. I dress in a goth like attire and play guitar, I talk to people casually and I don't like violence really... I don't think I have sinned." she answered unsure, she couldn't recall doing anything morally wrong before, she has always been an angel as most would put it. Nora brushed some of her hair out of her face as she sat up.

Nora began to wonder about her hair again, if she was going to become wicked in the future "I hope i'm not wicked at least, I don't want to be." she said out loud, but she covered her mouth afterwards, she hoped he wouldn't judge her harshly on that thought, since he brought it up to her. She saw the dog next to him and gave a calming grin "what's her name" she said and heald her hand out, giving it about 6 inches to take in her scent so she could gain her trust before letting her be pet. Nora liked animals, especially ravens, they always seemed to like her, always landing onto her finger if she called, it was a close depiction of her mother's standing she guessed.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 8/7/2013, 2:17 pm

Eden watched her face carefully, making note of any subtle changes as she spoke. She looked at him, remained relatively still, and didn't appear to be stretching, or stressing. All signs that she was telling the truth. Meaning she hadn't sinned, or at least majorly, or recently. The son of Dike pushed his hair out of his face and rubbed his eyes as he finished speaking. "All right." Eden decided. "I believe you. You don't show signs of corruption or fraud. I believe you are telling the truth." He explained and shifted his position once more.

Eden became a tad lost in the lapping waters of the lake. Hearing her mention of wickedness brought him back. He nodded slightly. It was something demigods said when they did not wish to be slain by him. But Nora did not seem like the wicked type, he decided to relax a little more. Eden's hell hound companion rolled over once more as Nora began to pet her. "I've called her Beatrice for as long as she's been in my company." Eden said, and broke from his normal aggressive nature to lean forward and scratch his companion's ears. "Good girl." Eden mused, cracking a light smile.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 8/7/2013, 9:09 pm

Nora smiled as she pet beatrice "That's an unusual name... I like unusual" she giggled, she always was one attracted to the un-formal and quaint things, witchcraft was one of her interest, but she didn't practice black magic or anything, just some basic spells and such. Nora took a pebble from the sand and focused on it, turning it into a dog treat and handed it to beatrice. She found Eden to be quite different from others she had met, but that made two of them, she was kind but dressed Gothic, hates violence but controls fire, and isn't too big on being charming but can charm men easily. She sort of contradicts herself others could say.

Nora looked to Eden "so, do you have any other hobbies you take interest in?, And this little guy sure is cute" she said and found the spot on beatrice that made dogs kick their legs, it was adorable to Nora.
    Jordan
    Jordan
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Jordan 10/6/2013, 6:05 pm

Eden smiled lightly as he watched Beatrice enjoy the praise a little too much. So she liked unusual? Eden certainly fit that description. "Hobbies?" She wanted to know about his hobbies... Eden cleared his throat before he spoke, "I suppose I do enjoy music. I do play piano, and I am a fan of classical music like Chopin, Bach, Faure. Some of the bests." He admitted with a smile. He looked down at Beatrice who had been reduced to a kicking puddle of mush... pathetic really... but she'd been working hard, a break couldn't hurt her. Eden looked up at Nora and rubbed a set of long slender fingers over his nose. "I've been talking enough, tell me about yourself." Eden decided, he had been the loquacious one, he needed to free the air for someone else.
    Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Role Playing Legend

Male

Post by Nemesis 10/6/2013, 6:42 pm

Nora's thoughts accumulated, slowly forming into the words she was going to form "Well, I myself am also a musician, I play guitar and sing to be exact. I like heavy rock especially, if it speaks to me, political stuff really. I also like witchcraft, just as long as it isn't anything ominous or wicked. So that is all I guess." She said and yawned afterwards- not that talking tired her but more like a proclivity after a period of speaking, only that it was at random rather than constant. She wondered how well Eden could play piano, boggling considering his demeanor... classical wouldn't have been her first guess of what genre of music he player and or liked. Though she had learned to never judge a book by its cover, and this "book" she was currently reading was different than she would have expected. Nora began to make a decision that seemed obvious; If Eden would be a perdurable friend. Her reason she thought that was because she never really made a long-term friend and she had decent conversations with him. 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 6:44 am