A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Somehow We Got This Far

SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female
    Number of posts : 1768
    Registration date : 2012-03-10

Somehow We Got This Far Empty Somehow We Got This Far

Post by SilverMoon 6/5/2013, 8:56 pm

Cecile brushes her blonde hair out of her face. After all these years, she still has the same pale, porcelain skin, perfect smile, and sparkling blue eyes she had as a young girl. Now a woman, her skinny figure had become more curved after two children. She is still stylish as ever, however, the fashion now calls for neutrals unlike the neons and pastels of her teen years. She wears tight, but comfortable beige pants with a light pink blouse. The blouse brings out the pinkness of her cheeks, now enhanced by makeup.
    She wakes up every morning and makes breakfast for the family. Luckily, because of Lamount's job, the family is able to eat breakfast together. She quietly prepares the "most important meal of the day" as her husband and children sleep soundly.
    Cecile savors these few moments of quiet. She loves her family to death, but family life was often loud, and Cecile enjoys silence.
    Josie, who is 4 years old, is a handful. She is very active, and is always running in the yard. Cecile was glad her and Lamount decided to live outside of the city where they would have more yard and privacy. She couldn't imagine raising this child in the city. Luke, on the other hand, was very easy to take care of. He loved being read to, and even enjoyed just sitting in his pumpkin seat and watching the animals outside. Her was just over a year old, and Cecile could already tell he would be the quiet child. He would also follow Josie in her exploring sometimes. Josie loved playing in the yard, especially when she was able to "teach" Luke. Both children inherited Cecile's blonde curls, but their dark eyes belonged to Lamount. Josie's face looked like Cecile's, and Luke had inherited his father's facial features. Cecile was slightly surprised. She expected more of a "mixed bag."
    Their yard was beautiful. Lined with tall oak trees, it provided enough protection without being secluded. Before the children, Cecile had planted multiple flowers. Most of them were perennials, thank goodness. Cecile couldn't imagine replanting her garden. Gardens took upkeep, however, Lamount had taken the role of garden keeper. Cecile offered to maintain the garden since she was a housewife, but Lamount refused. Cecile soon realized that weed pulling was his "quiet time." Josie loved playing in the yard, and Lamount had built her a little playhouse. Josie sometimes takes Luke into the playhouse and makes him play "family" with him. "Now your the baby and I'm the mommy." She tells him. Cecile always watches them as they play, pretending to be reading
    Josie walks into the kitchen and grabs her mom's leg. "Good morning, Mommy." Cecile jumps a bit. "You startled me. Where did you get such quiet feet?" Josie giggles. "I tiptoed, Mommy." Cecile kneels down and kisses Josie on the cheek. "Sit down, sweetie. Breakfast will be ready soon." Josie obliges and pulls out her chair (all by herself!), and sits down.
    "So why are you up so early?" Josie shrugs. "I had a nightmare.." She then goes into a detailed story that nearly terrifies Cecile. Being a half blood, she was used to scary and confusing dreams, but she hadn't dreamed the trait would pass to her children so early. Cecile pats Josie's head. "If you have any more really scary nightmares, tell me and Daddy, okay?" Josie nods, and then starts babbling about other, happier things, that slightly relieve Cecile.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Somehow We Got This Far Empty Re: Somehow We Got This Far

Post by Holly 6/5/2013, 11:10 pm

Lamount was not asleep in the room he and Cecile happily shared, and had shared for several years now. They had left camp together when they had to go to college, lamount managing to even get a masters degree, getting his education for the better. He was a writer now, writing dark and emotional stories that had attracted its own brand of fans in the past months, allowing a steady income. He was actually working on such a short story at that moment, typing away on his computer. He assumed his wife, Cecile was awake as the mornings were her quiet time, while the mid afternoon was his when he gardened, a hobby he picked up to keep his insanity in check.

He finally pulled himself from bed, allowing himself to yawn and begin to fully wake up before he had to run into the city to see his publisher. He looked like the young man he was years ago, however he became taller, and his hair was no longer messy but well kept, retaining it's pitch black color. His eyes were no longer filled with pain and misery from his past, but more of stress of keeping a family together, as well as the love that came from that as well. He couldn't help but smile to himself as he slipped on his slippers and walked down the stairs to the kitchen, seeing his daughter and his wife talking in the kitchen about nightmares.

Nighymares, yes nightmares. The inspiration for many of his best works, as well as the thing that tormented his sleep when he was a teen. Now the horrible trait had passed to his daughter, and it wasn't long now he feared before either the FBI, or perhaps monsters got to them. He kept fit though, several demigod weapons hidden around the house for such an event. Finally, he entered the kitchen. "Good morning" he said drowsily, needing some coffee to fully awaken
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/6/2013, 10:00 am

Cecile walks up to her husband and kisses him. "Good morning." She sees that his face is groggy; he will definitely need his coffee this morning. She pours him a cup and hands it too him.

Cecile walks into the nursery attached to the master bedroom and walks silently to the crib. She peers over and sees her baby blinking his little brown eyes, just waking up. She picks him up slowly and lays him against her chest. "Good morning, Lukie." Luke smiles and grabs at his mother's curly hair. She tickles him as she carries him to the kitchen, and Luke giggles.

Cecile sits Luke in his high chair and then serves breakfast. Josie eats quickly, and Cecile beckons her to slow down. "You'll get a tummy ache later." Josie crosses her arms for a moment, and then begins eating again, at the slower pace advised by her mother.

The meal is a bit louder than it usually is. Usually, Josie is still groggy from sleep, and barely makes any conversation that morning until after she is ready for the day. Cecile and Lamount usually make small talk. Today, Josie dominates the conversation about her imaginary friends and how much she loves her playhouse. Cecile smiles knowingly at Lamount, and takes his hand in her own under the table.

After breakfast, Cecile cleans Luke up (he always managed getting more food on his face then in his mouth) and Josie helps her put the dishes in the dishwasher. Josie enjoyed this practice very much, since it made her feel like Mommy, but Cecile always kept a careful eye on her. Thankfully, Josie had strong arms, and had not broken one dish.

Cecile walks her husband to the door. She hated when he had to go to the city for meeting. She always made him call him as soon as he arrived in the city and as soon as he left. Besides monsters, there was thugs, bad drivers, druggies, and a number of other things that filled Cecile with paranoia. She knew Lamount could take care of himself very well, but she was scared that something happened to him that was out of his control.

Cecile kisses him before he leaves. "You'll call me, right?" She raises her eyebrows. Josie clings to her father, and Luke reaches to Lamount for a goodbye kiss.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2013, 11:36 am

Lamount had enjoyed his breakfast with the family and looked over at Cecile as he was about to leave. He hated going to the city, as most days he simply sat outside or went for a walk to get his inspiration. "Of course I will, when I enter the city, right before my meeting, after my meeting and when I leave the city" he said, kissing her cheek in return. He knew using phones were dangerous for demigods, but he always had a six inch blade up his sleeve, one Cecile had given him when he turned eighteen.

He picked up Josie and smiled at her, kissing her forehead before telling her to be a good girl and listen to her mother, before saying his goodbye to Luke. Once he did that he went to his car and proceeded to drive the 40 miles into the city, texting Cecile when he entered the city limits. The streets were crowded, and the traffic was horrible as he drove his way through. Normally the city wasn't like this at this time of day and wondered what was going on. Assuming it was a new skyscraper being built he ignored the traffic and got to the publishing building.

His meetings today were all about his writings, how he wanted them published and how much they could publicize. Lamount turned all of their offers down, instead making his own and gaining a rival or two as he did so. The manager wasn't to happy with him either, but lamount was happy with his bonus. He alerted Cecile when his meetings were over, and proceeded to go back to his car, but that's when the problems started. As he reached his car it exploded, sending the son of Melinoe back, crashing against the wall. He groaned, drawing his blade as he watched a monster emerge from the fiery remains of the car.

Lamount ran, searching for better ground to fight the five foot tall monster, complete with spikes and a vicious looking axe. He found it, clinging to a steal support of the parking garage he used it as a lever to swung himself towards the monster, his blade getting stuck between it's eyes. He didn't survive without injury though, and his arm had a cut to it, a deep one too. Bandaging it with what was left of his shirt he began to run home, texting Cecile two words 'I'm ok' before his phone died. He cursed, and the run began.

The forty miles exhausted him, and also delayed his time of coming home. He got home at ten, and stumbled through the door, going to the kitchen first.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/6/2013, 12:11 pm

Cecile heard the click of the door and ran into Lamount's arms. He looked disheveled and exhausted. "What happened?" She sits pull down a seat for him and makes him a snack. Cecile's features reveal her worry. Her eyes were glossy with tears of relief, but she is still on edge.

She had put the children to bed a couple of hours ago. Luke was fine, since he was so young and didn't no anything was wrong, but Josie was troubled. When Cecile sat next to her to read a bedtime story, Josie nagged to where Daddy was. "He is staying in the city overnight, Sweetie." Josie couldn't be duped easily. "But, Daddy said he would text you when he left!" Cecile gives the girl a look of shock for a moment before she catches herself. Cecile often forget how smart Josie was. "You must have heard wrong, Sweetie. Everything is all right."

Everything was not alright. Lamount had texted a vague message 'I'm okay.' She had called him several times, but the call always went straight to the message machine. Cecile was afraid his phone was dead...or worse.

Cecile had been nervously pacing the house all day. Watching the kids, making sure they were outside. Josie was climbing a tree, and Cecile thought she was gone. She went around the house, screaming her name. Josie crept up behind her and pulled her pant leg. "Is everything alright, Mommy?" It took a
    moment for Cecile to calm herself down before she answered. "Everything is fine, Josie. Go outside and play, but stay where I can see you." Josie nodded, and then ran outside. She was soon giggling and playing with Luke again.

Cecile sits down, but then notices Lamount's wound and stands up again. Years of treating wounds at Camp and becoming a nurse made her an excellent healer. She touches the wound with her fingertips. It was deep. Cecile goes into the master bathroom and pulls out the demigod first-aid kit. She takes out a square of ambrosia, and brings a bandage and ointments to clean a wound. She can't risk the amount of ambrosia it would take to completely heal the cut.

Cecile runs silently back into the kitchen and treats his wound. She hands him the square of ambrosia. He eats it while she cleans and wraps the wound. The ambrosia does its job, healing the wound a bit, but Lamount will still have to wear the bandage for a while.

As soon as she sees that Lamount is cleaned up and well served, she sits in his lap and kisses him. "What happened?" She asks again. The question went unanswered after Cecile saw his wound.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2013, 12:31 pm

Lamount was relieved to see Cecile and his family was fine, and was glad Cecile had become a nurse after camp. "A demon" he said finally, going through the story of what had happened, explaining that the car was totaled and he would most likely be in the news as a terrorist or something. Stupid mortal video cameras....

"Are the kids ok?" He asked, worry within his dark eyes that showed his concern for his family. Being demigod parents it was never easy, but when a monster attack arose....it got even worse. He stood, his arm in a sling as the wound went to the bone, but it felt slightly because of the godly food.

"Cecile, I'm going to be staying home for a few weeks, I can't risk leaving the property, hopefully the kids won't get too suspicious, but I just can't risk it, if a monster came here..." He didn't finish the thought, he didn't have to. He looked at Cecile, putting his hand around hers.

He honestly wasn't sure what to do now, he would be fired if he don't go to work....
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/6/2013, 12:52 pm

The story scares Cecile. She had been attacked outside of camp before, but in her teen years, long before she started her family. She realizes Lamount is right. They can't risk letting the monsters find their family. But Lamount may loose his job.

Cecile lays her head on his chest. "This sucks." They stay silent for a few moments. Cecile debates in her head. Finally, she comes to a decision. "You're right. We should stay here for a few weeks. But I think after we think its safe, we should move. I can find a job somewhere. You can take care of the kids until you find a job. We can move in with my parents- we have a variety of options, Lamount. We'll be fine." Cecile tries to give him an encouraging smile, but she knows he is troubled. What guy wants to live off his in-laws until his family can get back on their feet?

Cecile listens to his heartbeat. It reminds her when the doctor let her listen to the heartbeat of Josie when she was in Cecile's womb. Cecile was terrified when she learned she would have a child. Who would take care of her? Cecile certainly would. She would never let anyone else raise her child. Would Cecile have to quiet her job. Would they have enough money with one income? Lamount was a wonderful writer, and had a growing audience.

But...but.. Cecile remembered what she was always terrified to tell Lamount: she didn't want kids. She grew up with kids. She was always kind and helpful to the kids she healed at the hospital. But raise a child of her own? Be completely responsible for another, tiny human being that couldn't take care of itself? The idea terrified Cecile. But as soon as she heard that tiny heart beat, she was in love. Sometimes, when she watched Josie play, she couldn't imagine not having her.

Lamount's heart beat fills Cecile with strength. She knows, no matter what, she will keep her family together.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2013, 3:15 pm

Lamount nodded, holding her close up against his chest. "I know, between the both of us we can do it. We lay low for a few weeks then we can move closer to camp, that way we have a safe place for us and kids if a monster too powerful comes" he explained, thinking of Maine or Vermont. However it wasn't the monsters or the housing arrangement he was worried about, it was the FBI.

He led her out of the kitchen and back upstairs to the master bedroom. "Cecile, do we have any old friends we could contact? Let them come and help?" He suggested as he sat in bed, putting his arm around his wife and debating mentally what to do. He was excited when they had their first child, and as exited when they had their second but he was worried they would become too much like him, it was his greatest concern, one he had never told Cecile. He looked at her, holding her hand close.

He was unsure what to do, but he knew with her help they would make it, and they would be alright in the end. He smiled softy at her, an idea floating to his head. "I think I know someone I could call....if you wanted some old camp friends to help us" he told her, looking straight at her, the sun already set and the moon full and bright, the light coming in through the windows.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/6/2013, 4:11 pm

Cecile nods. "That sounds like a good idea. All of my friends are in California. By the time they could come, it would be too late." Cecile thinks of all her camp friends. Most of them had kids that they had to protect. All of her single friends lived far away. Too far away.

Cecile studies, Lamount face. She strokes the outline the moon shine makes on his face. "Who do you have in mind?" Various candidates run through her mind, but she cannot be sure. Lamount always kept her guessing.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/6/2013, 4:18 pm

"Somone I haven't spoken to since I was fifteen....he should be in America, he never wante to leave outside of the country" he explained, but was unsure about Xavier as well as Zach, they were unpredictable, and Xavier was certainly more reckless.

He looked at Cecile, and thought back through all the good times and the bad times they had. But they had made it, and they were going to go farther too. "
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/17/2013, 5:00 pm

"As long as they aren't too reckless." Cecile takes his hand. She always slept holding his hand; it was almost impossible for her to sleep not holding his hand. Cecile doesn't close her eyes. She moves her face so that their foreheads are touching. She eventually falls asleep, heavy with the problem at hand, but glad she has Lamount to help her through it.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/17/2013, 5:26 pm

Lamont smiled, falling asleep with them close together, hands holding and foreheads touching. He embraced her, keeping her close and wondering what the next day would bring. He was worried about his family, and his comrades he was yet to contact

OOC: I promise my next posts will be long
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/17/2013, 7:24 pm

OOC: Okay. How about we fast forward a few days.

Cecile wakes up to the sound of Luke crying. 1...2...3.. She stands up to tend to him. Today was the day Lamount's old friend was coming, and she was nervous. Lamount was letting a friend over they hadn't seen in at least 8 years. On normal circumstances, this wouldn't happen, but they weren't in normal circumstances anymore.

Cecile explained the situation to Josie a few days ago. "We are having a friend of Daddy's over, okay? So be very polite." Josie nodded, but then asked, "How long is he staying, Mommy?" "I'm not sure, dearie." "Well, you and Daddy better get a plan." Josie then wiped her milk mustache and ran outside. Cecile watched her for a moment. Josie never ceased to surprise her.

Now it was time. Cecile is immensely glad for their help, but it would be strange having someone she barely knew live with her family. Cecile takes the baby in the kitchen and sits him in the high chair. No quiet time today...

Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/18/2013, 10:29 am

Lamount was nervous, more so than he ever remembered, more nervous than the time he had almost taken his life, more nervous then the time he proposed to Cecile. His old childhood friend, one he had only wished he had forgotten was coming to his home. Scared was a better word for what he felt more than anything.

Xavier Shadan had grown, moved to Maine with his own wife and had been living their for some time. They had a single child, very young, and well taken care of. He stood taller than Lamount by an inch, and unlike his scrawny friend he was well filled out, still muscular. He had his feelings of resentment for Lamount, having been bitter rivals before camp, then fighting over a girl which had doomed their short loved friendship. He pulled up to Lamount's address, his jet black Mercedes with tinted windows appearing ominous as it stopped. Blue flames decorated the sides of the car, while miniature skulls shined in the hubcaps. He stepped out, and you could tell he meant buisness. Xavier had gone into the special police forces, only to be relieved of duty after four years for his family. He wore dark shades over his brown eyes, darker than lamounts. A bulletproof vest lay underneath his jacket, and dark pants over his combat boots. A sheath was across his back, it's blade housed their in its wickedness. He had more weapons in the car, but this was all he needed for now. He walked up to the door and rang the bell.

Lamount burst up from his thoughts, and knew the time had come. He had nightmares of opening the door and being shot by Xavier, as well as thousands of other ways he knew his old friend could cripple him fatally. Mustering his courage, he opened the door. "Hello Xavier" he said, noting how this demigod appeared.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/18/2013, 1:31 pm

Cecile peers out of the window, and her jaw nearly drops. Josie walks up behind her and taps her on the shoulder. "What is it, Mommy?" Josie looks out the window and sees Lamount's old friend. "He looks scary, Mommy, are you sure you want to let him into our house?" Cecile relaxes herself and replies calmly "Haven't I taught you not to judge a book by its cover?"

Cecile leads Josie into her room. "Get dressed." Cecile enters her own room and gets ready quickly. She had just begun making breakfast when Lamount and his old friend enters the room. Cecile gracefully approaches him and holds out her hand. "Cecile, nice to see you." Cecile didn't know this man well at all, but he was vaguely familiar from various years at camp.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/18/2013, 5:27 pm

Xavier and lamount didn't speak much to each other, it was obvious tere was some wall between the two men. Finally, lamount took his friend into the kitchen, and watched as Cecile went to meet him. Xavier looked at Cecile and smirked, shaking her Han gently. As he did he looked at lamount "now how did you get such a pretty woman?" He said smiling.

Lamount was astounded. It was as if everything they hated about wach other just faded away, with tht one joke. "Very funny Xavier" he said, before introducing his family to hi old friend. Xavier looked at Josie and then at Cecile, before Luke and then to lamount. "Nice family, but I don't think they all know the reason" he said, his hand on his sheath, nervous. As a child of Lethe he knew it was never safe above ground, only safe in hell.

Lamount glanced at Cecile, waiting her move.
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/18/2013, 6:39 pm

Cecile moves quickly away from Xavier and towards Josie. Josie looks curiously at Xavier. "What do you mean? And why are you so strange?" Cecile takes Josie's hand and picks up look before Xavier can respond, and quickly leads them outside. She lays out a blanket for Luke to sit on and gives him some of his favorite toys. "Watch him, okay sweetie?" Josie nods, noticing Cecile is at a breaking point.

Cecile quickly walks back into the house. She kept her face calm, but her emotions were overwhelming her inside. Cecile glances behind her at the children before she enters her home. "Sorry about that. I just don't want Josie to know. She's very...mature for her age. And curious." Cecile moves towards Lamount and stands next to him.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/18/2013, 7:21 pm

Lamount put his arm around Cecile protective ly, he could tell she was close to breaking but he knew his arm around her always calmed her. "Yes, Josie can be curious" he said, looking at Xavier. Xavier nodded and sat down without asking, looking at them.

"Well, I've hear lamounts side. Cecile, a daughter of Aphrodite no doubt, I assume you have some questions?@ he asked her as he stared a hole into lamount, his colder feelings returning. He wondered how exactly he could get the job done, go home and relax in less than a week without harming themC which was most likely impossible. Lamount held Cecile close, keeping her wrapped in his arms to protect and comfort her
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/18/2013, 7:33 pm

"Where do you keep your weapons? How long do you think you will have to stay until we are safe?" Many questions spew out of Cecile's mouth, and she has to restrain herself from asking even more questions so Xavier can answer. She lays her cheek on Lamount's chest.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/18/2013, 7:48 pm

Xavier smirked, knowing this type of woman. A person who would do anything for her family. "Well, my weapons are in the car, and I would have to say....2 weeks" he told then. "The FBI is on lamounts trail, I put up false information thinking he went to Alaska" he explained, looking at his sword he was carrying.

Lamount looked at cecile, stroking her hair "two weeks" he sighed and looked at Xavier, nervous. They talked for several hours, the three of them.

OOC: lapse to night? When Cecile and lamount are alone? This is my last post till morning btw
    SilverMoon
    SilverMoon

Female

Post by SilverMoon 6/19/2013, 11:41 am

ooc: Okay.

Eventually, it is nighttime. After the adults talked for hours, Josie was antsy. Cecile played with her until it was bedtime. When Cecile tucked Josie in, Josie asked Cecile "How long until Mr.Xavier will go home?" "Soon, honey. Very soon." Josie nodded and laid her head on the pillow. Cecile stroked her hair until Josie fell asleep.

Cecile walks into the living room and sits on the couch next to Lamount. She lays her head on his shoulder and takes his hand in her own.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 6/19/2013, 4:50 pm

Lamount was stressed, after Cecile had left them they weren't getting along as well as lamount hoped. They still had a rivalry, and Xavier held grudges for a long Long time. Then he felt Cecile take his hand and smiled, looking at her "you alright darling?"
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 6/25/2013, 9:31 pm

OOC: Hold on. She has kids?
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend