A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

the gavin twins

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 25815
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

the gavin twins  Empty the gavin twins

Post by Haiden 6/7/2013, 11:35 pm

the gavin twins  Tumblr_inline_mgheypfalj1ro2d43

Name: Veronica Gavin

Eyes: Veronica has hazel eyes, but she wears color contacts that make her eyes look blue because she simply thinks she looks better that way. It is rare to see her without her blue color contacts on.

Hair: Blonde hair that falls just past the shoulders. Medium length, not that long. Veronica prefers to have her hair short and easy to manage with .

Height: 5'2

Body Type: Veronica has a thicker body type. She has always wanted to lose weight, but she always made it seem on the outside that she had no desire in any way to shed off any pounds. Overall, Veronica is content with how she is however she thinks it would be nice to be able to lose a little bit of weight.

Skin Color: Pale. She burns easily in the sun like a vampire..but not too that extreme.

God Parent: Demeter

Mortal Parent: Lance Gavin

Country of Origin: Australia

Pets: A white Yorkie named Robin

Talents: Veronica is surprisingly good at archery, yet she always had a hard time at aiming when it came to other armed weapons. She is also skilled in Tae Kwon Do (along with her twin). Her snarky attitude lets her win arguments/fights very easily.

Weapon**: Wooden bow and arrow with Celestial Bronze arrows

Flaws: Snarky, Sarcastic, Insecure, Doesn't like to listen to anyone

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): She can grow fruit/grain/plants etc. vines. Every 30 minutes she can grow 10 of her choice.

Life Before CHB*: Veronica, along with her fraternal twin brother, was born in Sydney, Australia on Christmas Day. She took pride in this and considered herself 'a beautiful christmas gift' to her father Lance. She considered her twin, Gage, as just a 'tag along who tied with her in first place in the womb.' Lance was a former cricket player, so him and his family maintained a well budget and lived in a regular suburb. Her relationship with her brother is quite strong. They look out for each other constantly and always support each other in everything. They don't share a 'perfect' brother-sister relationship, but they rarely fight with each other. Veronica was always the comedian of the family. She was even voted 'Class Clown' as a freshman favorite in high school. Veronica and Gage had a childhood friend who was their friend as they grew up in Australia. His name was Boris. It turned out that he was a satyr and he told the two all about camp and what they really were when they were only 14. This prompted Lance to finally send his children off to Camp Half Blood reluctantly, since he had a reason to keep the secret of their mother from the children for so long.

RP Example*: Veronica sat down on a bench at the Courtyard, inspecting the area around her. Her hair was tied up in a pony tail and she wore a bright red blouse with jeans and a pair of flats. She thought that if she wore such a bright color, people would notice her and come talk to her. Veronica liked to call this the 'woo look at me I'm a fire alarm' technique. "Hi!" A perky voice squealed next to her. Veronica jumped with a unusual shriek and held her hand to her heart as she looked at the source of the voice with horror. It was a small, young girl who was about the age of 10, she supposed. Oh for gods sake. "I really really really really really like your blouse!" The girl smiled up at Veronica, her braces glistening with saliva. Veronica rolled her eyes. "Alright listen here tater tot," She began. "I hear there are new coloring books in the shop, yeah? How about I give you a drachma and you go buy yourself a good old coloring book..or an iTunes gift card for all I care. Just leave the Courtyard." she gave the little girl a drachma and waved her hands for her to shoo. "Now shoo..shoo..before I spray my children repellant all in this place." The girl grabbed the drachma and stuck out her tongue at Veronica before jumping from the bench and sprinting off.

Any notes about your characters: isn't rebel wilson just great

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the gavin twins  Tumblr_luz7mlz87m1qbm4md_large
    Name: Gage Gavin

Eyes: Hazel

Hair: Blonde, tufts up in the front but is naturally just plain and messy.

Height: 6'1

Body Type: Lean with well defined muscles.

Skin Color: Pale. Same as Veronica; he burns easily. Expect sunburns in the summer.

God Parent: Demeter

Mortal Parent: Lance Gavin

Country of Origin: Australia

Pets: None

Talents: Play's cricket, fairly good at sword fighting. He is better during hand and hand combat. A secret talent that only he and his sister know is that Gage is a genius in Botany. He is very interested in it and plans to go forward in it for his career even though his father wants him to be a professional cricket player like he did. Also, Tae Kwon Do.

Weapon**: A Celestial Bronze katana (awww yeah) with a leather sheath that has his initials engraved on it.

Flaws: Inappropriate (he says the wrong things at the wrong times), Incompetent (he will never not do a task no matter the difficulty of it. It has to be done no matter what. This makes him very stressful and sometimes cranky). Immature (yeah he's very prone to 'your mom' jokes)

Powers(must relate to god parent; optional): He can grow fruit/grain/plants etc. vines. Every 30 minutes she can grow 10 of her choice.

Life Before CHB*: Gage Gavin had just as much as a regular life as any other kid in this world. Born on Christmas day with his twin sister, he grew up in a modern household with his father (who was a former professional cricket player) and became just your ordinary kid in high school. He didn't enjoy this at all. Unlike his sister, who was totally fine with this, he played under the rules. He got a tattoo when he was 14, without his father's permission, he skipped cricket practice many times (which was a very big deal to his father) and even skipped school many times. He wasn't the brightest kid in education, anyway. Gage was very well known around school though, playing cricket and all and having his Dad known around the area. This gave him a lot of stress though..but he had one thing that always gave him peace. Botany. Gage failed all his other classes..except Science. Especially when they were studying biology. Like explained Veronica's Life Before CHB, their childhood friend revealed who they were when they were 14 and they were reluctantly sent off to Camp Half Blood.

RP Example*: "Dude..is that a cannabis in your room?" Gage turned around at the pot that was sitting at his desk. "Oh, no that's a Leptospermum.." He explained, but then froze the moment he said it. Sh*t "I mean..oh yeah. That's cannabis. Remind me to sell you some soon." He quickly lied as he grabbed the plant and threw it outside his window. His friend, Connor, looked at him strangely and glanced back at the plant that was now lying outside side. "..Isn't cannabis..green, though?" He asked Gage, his eyebrow raised. "..Uh, yeah but that is a..exotic cannabis from..America.." Gage wasn't the best at lying, but Connor wasn't that bright anyway so he thought he would fall for it somehow. "But I thought America had weed-"
    "ALRIGHT, How about we start studying now..? Don't want to fail that History test, eh mate?" Gage quickly interjected, his cheeks flushed red as he opened up his history book.

Any notes about your characters: such boring backstories, but i'm working on trying to create..interesting characters.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

the gavin twins  Empty Re: the gavin twins

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2013, 11:17 am

Is this a detailed character form?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 11:26 am

Oh no, lmao. I think I'll save to do a detailed form when I have the time. This is just a normal character form..with a little bit of elaboration on some things. Hope that's okay.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 6/8/2013, 11:34 am

It sure is. I'll have a look at it when I have more time ;)
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 11:37 am

Alrighty, sounds good. Thanks!
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female
    Number of posts : 5256
    Registration date : 2011-05-28

Post by GwrachSeren 6/8/2013, 2:44 pm

I'll do Veronica first. How many times a day can she do that? I mean, every half an hour gives me the impression she can do it 48 times a day. Also, what are the effects mentally/physically on her?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 3:07 pm

She can do that only 5 times a day. So she can grow 50 plants or whatever she wants to grow within 2 hours and 30 minutes..I think. Check my math if I'm wrong lmao. Anyway, she becomes tired after she uses her power. She's not like extremely exhausted or anything, it's more like a tired where you want to take a 3 hour nap or something.
    Veronica's and Gage's powers are the same so that goes for Gage as well.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/8/2013, 3:18 pm

Nothing deadly, right?

Does the plant wither away after a while?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 3:23 pm

Nothing deadly! Just your safe, neighborhood friendly plants.

Yes they whither away after that 30 minute mark limit.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/8/2013, 3:27 pm

With fruit bearing plants, how many of something can they grow?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 3:59 pm

4 strawberry vines, 3 grape vines and 3 tomato vines
    If that's what you mean.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/8/2013, 4:05 pm

how long does the fruit last picked and unpicked?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/8/2013, 4:10 pm

When picked it takes about 1-2 minutes to grow back. If unpicked for more than 10 minutes they begin to wither away and fall as another one grows.
    GwrachSeren
    GwrachSeren
    Minister of Magic

Female

Post by GwrachSeren 6/8/2013, 5:01 pm

Approved!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content