A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sunset Funset

Zachary
    Zachary

Male
    Number of posts : 747
    Registration date : 2008-10-16

Sunset Funset Empty Sunset Funset

Post by Zachary 6/7/2013, 11:36 pm

Yes, yes Roy was enjoying himself. Quite a lot, actually. He felt accomplished when Irene had to hold onto Roy, and he gave Blaze a nice, quick rub to his head. Ah, he was such a good horse.

The rhythmic hooves of the black stallion made it to the sandy beach, where there Blaze slowed down, and stopped. The sun wasn't quite gone yet, but was about 5 minutes or so from doing it. The sky was skill pink and red with the light from the star only one AU away. Roy patted the side of Blaze as he got off of his friend.

"You did perfectly, thanks a ton," Roy whispered into Blaze's ear. "Just stay here so we can bring her back to the cabins." With this, Roy patted the back of Blaze again, and Roy went over to where Irene was sitting.

"Here we are." He spoke, as he put out his hand to help her get off. A gent he was, a gent he was.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

Sunset Funset Empty Re: Sunset Funset

Post by JosieWosie 6/8/2013, 12:04 am

Irene sat a moment on Blaze to catch her breath before taking Roy's hand and getting off, his hands sweaty but warm, and still had some broken left over pieces of Blaze's mane on them, it was natural for that to happen after a ride.

"Thank You"

If I focus hard enough I won't show how dizzy I feel and I can get off smoot- or not

Irene had hardly managed to touch the sand before stumbling in her clumsy ways, her bare feet appreciated the still temperate sand. She quickly got up before anyone could take the chance to help and walked over to the first rock she found and perched upon it.

The rock was cold and had a misted feel to it, it had as many bumps on it as the ride had to the beach and Irene let her fingers travel through a small patch of them. The browned rock had sea moss at the base where the water waved on it and Irene let her toes play with it as she hung her feet over the rock and into the water.

The water isn't cold, but Roy is within viewing distance and I'd much rather not strip into my bathing suit with him watching, I am after all still a lady.

With that in mind Irene let herself slide off the rock and submerge into the water clothes and all and arose out of the water and back onto the rock nearly breathless a few moments later in only a bathing suit and a soaked shirt and pants at hand. She got what she wanted, a quick dip and now she prepared to watch the last two maybe three minutes of the sunset.

Looking back to see Roy with soft distracted eyes, she called him over by patting the patch of rock next to her a few times and nodding her head; Irene normally only did silent gestures with her friends because she knew they would understand however, she figured with was a universal one and did it anyway.

After her summoning she turned back to the sun not paying attention to whether or not Roy actually started to walk to her or not and watched the sun's light dance off the ripping sea. Shades of pink, red, orange, and yellow tinted the blue greens of the water and reflected beautifully.

"I should do this more often but I don't because it's something I did with old friends, I thought it wouldn't seem right doing it without them but it's just as nice"

Irene half said that to herself and half said it expecting a response from Roy, of which she didn't even bother to look if he was next to her or not considering she was too busy trying to see how far she could see into the body of water that would only dance for a moment more with the sun before a new partner arrived.
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/8/2013, 4:33 pm

Roy went over to the sand and sat down as he watched Irene get onto a rock, submerge underwater, and then get back onto the rock. He was close to the waves, and watched the sunset. It was as beautiful as it ever was. As wonderful as it was back in Egypt, in Greece, in Russia, in Italy...it was one of those common things that people saw, but not always enjoyed, like the stars at night. It was always this spectacular, every single time. Never did it get old or familiar. From the colors in the sky that scattered through the clouds, to the sun seemingly submerging beneath the bottomless sea, it was just as breathtaking.

And what a wonderful time to spend with a person. Especially like Irene. Roy liked her. Now, it wasn't enough to say 'Okay, let's woo her,' but enough to say 'let's see if I should.' At the very least she seemed like a good friend to have. Irene gently patted the bed of rocks next to her. Roy smirked and stood up, and walked over there at a slow pace. He then sat down, and while he curiously glanced at Irene, he was also watching the sun travel slowly down, and making this side of the earth darker.

"Perhaps you just need to make new friends, then." Roy suggested after a long moment of silence, only to be filled by the repeating waves sliding against the soft sands that made the beach.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/8/2013, 5:20 pm

Just like that the sun seemed to be engulfed by the water and the spectacle was done; the waves started to calm gently over the sand as the moon hadn't yet shown it's self to pick up the tides. Irene contemplated for a moment on whether she wanted to leave and go back to the cabins, or just sit on this rock for the rest of her life and just wait for the sun the way the fair maiden waited by the shore in vain for her lover to come back from the seas; sunsets are never reciprocated, always different and always inspiring.

Irene looked over to see Roy and wondered if he was enjoying this as much as she was. Her bathing suit began to dry slowly as the there was no residual heat from the sun to speed up the process and the wet green ruffle skirt that was attached to her one piece started to bother her as it stuck to her thighs and made her legs shiver.

I should really think about getting some street smarts because now I'm left with wet clothes in the dusk and I'm relying on a total stranger to take me to my cabin safely. They don't teach you these things in books.

Completely unaware that she was staring at Roy while she thought Irene could only imagine the silly facial expressions she had made and how he must think they were directed at him. Irene shocked herself back into self consciousness and curtly replied to Roy with a calmed and relaxed tone.

"I suppose I could get new friends but that means starting over again and not knowing what you'll yield. It's a gamble, you see, and one I'm not too sure I want to bet on just yet. In any case, if Blaze doesn't mind that is-" Irene looked back at the stallion to check on his status, then returned her attention back to Roy. "I would really like to go back to the cabins, the cabins court yard would suffice, I can find my cabin from there if you would be so kind."
    Zachary
    Zachary

Male

Post by Zachary 6/8/2013, 5:53 pm

Irene's twitching cheek and otherwise expressionless face gazing at him suggested she was in deep thought or just thinking. It was odd, and made Roy want to comment on it, but he bit his tongue. She probably knew about it. No reason mentioning something that was obvious. Then, Irene spoke.

It was strange. It was as if he had heard this kind of talk before. Almost like the 'I'm not sure about the risks' told Roy of someone he knew. Who, though? The vague familiarity of it all was most certainly strange.

And then it clicked. It was like she had the cautious tone of Nancy, Roy's one girlfriend back in middle school. Every time Roy talked about his adventures and dangers he encountered during his two year world lecture, Nancy would be said 'I would have never done that. Sounds too risky.'

Not that it was necessarily a bad thing. No, it made it so where it wasn't all one sided. Thinking about it now, it'd be incredibly difficult to get a person like that to go on the types of adventures Roy usually went on. Like his more recent one on the islands of the Baltic sea. Would a person like that be able to handle nearly dying that much? Eh, Roy guessed it would be interesting, to say the least.

"It's only a gamble if you make it out to be," Roy spoke as he stood up. He called Blaze's name as he trotted over to where the two were and stopped.

"After you, Irene," Roy spoke as he again helped her by setting her up a boost.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 6/8/2013, 6:47 pm

"I suppose you have a point- Thank You Roy."

Irene spoke, and picked up a silver and sea washed decorated closed clam shell from the ground and slipped it into the pocket of her soaking pants that she held in her hands along with her shirt. She stepped up and balanced herself back on Blaze and sat on her wet items so they wouldn't fall off, this time feeling far more prepared upon considering the cabins were nearly a straight shot from this side of the beach.

"Oh and thank you Blaze, what a good boy you are, I'll have some sugar cubes waiting for you the next time we meet again if you like them"

Irene happily stroked Blaze's black coat before patting it back down and tilted her focus back on Roy who had already taken the lead and indeed go right after her. Taking her usual position with arms wrapped around Roy's now soaked waist, Irene took one last glance at the shore and noticed the moon starting to peak out on the opposing side.

Letting her bare feet gently rest off of Blaze, Irene felt a little bad about getting his fine coat wet with salt water and hoped they arrived timely back to the cabin court yard; she knew what she could bestow on to Roy and Blaze as a token of appreciation for what they had done for her.

"Right. Well, off to the cabin courtyard it is."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 7:06 am