A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover

Kevin
    Kevin

Female
    Number of posts : 435
    Registration date : 2012-12-11

The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover Empty The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover

Post by Kevin 6/15/2013, 1:05 am

Well, after some contemplation, I finally decided to post this here so....Hopefully you'll enjoy!

CHAPTER ONE: A SURPRISE WITH A SMILE
    It was about a year since Sherlock was thought to be dead…and was found alive by his partner and friend, Doctor John Watson, who was still mad. And, when the consulting detective returned to his flat that fateful day, he found someone in his chair, grinning malevolently.

It was his supposedly dead arch-nemesis, Jim Moriarty.

Sherlock had seen the man put a gun in his mouth and seemingly shoot. He had seen it all...

“Ahhhh! Sherlock! LOOONG time no see!” Moriarty chimed, still smiling as wide as ever, and devilishly.

“Jim?” The detective questioned as he stood across from the villain. He surveyed Moriarty, looking for anything that indicated why the other was there. But, Sherlock found none.

“Live in the flesh!” Jim answered before standing himself, “Sherlock dearest, have I ever told you how brilliant of a mind you have?”

It was then that Sherlock noticed the shorter man’s eyes flash a different color. They had been…green. Not a natural green either…They were a bright, venomous and vile green.

“You aren’t Jim.” Sherlock stated quietly, his bright blue, piercing eyes gazing fixed at the…impostor.

Moriarty cackled evilly before nodding. “You suuure took your sweet time.” He hissed, but it wasn’t Jim’s own voice.

Then, in a cloud of green mist, Moriarty was seemingly blown away, leaving a much taller, thinner, and more wretched man in the other’s place. Sherlock was purely puzzled as to how the other man had done that little trick. He knew it wasn’t magic; Magic wasn’t real.

But…This man was like no man Sherlock had ever seen, and being a consulting detective, he had seen lots of men. This man seemed to have a certain air about him…a certain godly air. His slick, black hair was longer and he was more…angular, than the man he had pretended to be. Sherlock noted these small details, he simply couldn’t afford not to.

The other man was an intruder, after all.

The new man had spoken with power, and a British accent, meaning he wasn’t American. However, he didn’t seem even distantly British.

What was more astonishing was what he was wearing.

It seemed to be…armor? Yes…But it was specialized. The man’s armor was black, with small gold linings. In the braces, there were diamond-shaped cuts, allowing his dark green, seemingly silk, undershirt to poke through. There were also little engravings in all pieces of the armor. All in all, the armor was intricate, and, complete with a long, flowing, inky black cape.

This was all rather befuddling to Sherlock, but the detective would not let his confusion show, only his curiosity, which was just as great.

“Who are you?” Sherlock asked, continuing to look the man over.

“Who am I?” The other echoed.

“Who. Are. You.” The detective repeated.

“I am Loki. Loki Laufeyson of Asgard.” He answered. Sherlock searched his mind for more information on the other, the name sounding vaguely familiar. But, the more frantically he searched, to more it seemed to get ever more distant.

Suddenly, Sherlock’s thoughts were interrupted as the door to his flat was opened and somewhat cheerful whistling was heard.

“It seems your little pet is here.” Loki hissed, smirking venomously.

John Watson seemed confused by the voice. It wasn’t Sherlock’s. “Sherlock, who’s there?” He called, beginning to come up the stairs. “And why does everyone think I’m your pet?”  John muttered under his breath.

“He uh…He said his name was Loki Laufeyson.” Sherlock answered, his gaze not leaving Loki for a moment.

“Sherlock, that was the crazed god who tried to take over the world!” Watson exclaimed, his eyes a bit wide as he finally reached the doorway.

Loki narrowed his eyes, his smile still apparent. “It seems that someone does their research!”

“God? John, gods and magic don’t exist! You imbecile…” Sherlock snapped, looking back at the doctor.

“Sherlock…it’s your own bloody mistake you don’t believe in these things. Your own bloody mistake.” John replied, shaking his head slightly as he started towards his bedroom.

It was indeed the detective’s mistake.

Loki slowly pulled out a small golden rod from his sleeve, which he then elongated into his staff. And in one swift move, the god had knocked the detective to the ground, a rather wild look in his eyes. He pointed the sharp point of his staff to Sherlock’s heart.

John quickly pulled out his gun and aimed it at the god, looking downright furious. “Go. Now.” Watson barked, causing Loki to chuckle evilly. “You really think your pathetic mortal weapon will actually harm me?” The god sneered.

Then, a gunshot rang out as the doctor shot, only to have his bullet incinerated in a flash of green light. And without a second thought, the doctor rushed forward in an attempt to wrestle Loki off Sherlock, only to get the blunt end of Loki’s staff shoved into his gut.

Watson double over, clutching his stomach. Loki returned his attention to Sherlock and pressed his staff back to the detective’s heart.

Sherlock shuddered and gave a gasp as his body went cold, the chill spreading through his body from his heart. His eyes went pure black before turning an icy blue, even brighter than they had been. Loki grinned with devious satisfaction as he stood up, roughly pulling his new minion to his feet.

John straightened out and gave one final attempt to save his friend by charging again. Loki rolled his eyes exaggeratedly, raising his staff and sending a blast of powerful blue magic at the doctor.

The last thing Watson saw as he fell backward through a window, the glass of it shattering around him, was Loki smirking as deviously as he possibly could and Sherlock looking quite mindless before they disappeared in a bright green vortex, leaving John to fall to the street below.

Last edited by The Butterfly Dragon on 6/19/2013, 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Kevin
    Kevin

Female
    Number of posts : 435
    Registration date : 2012-12-11

The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover Empty Re: The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover

Post by Kevin 6/16/2013, 10:38 pm

CHAPTER TWO: THE ADVENTURES OF DOCTOR JOHN WATSON AND THE THUNDER GOD

During Dr. John Watson's fall, everything was extremely fuzzy. He wasn't even exactly sure if what he had just seen had actually happened.

He has recognized Loki, being that, unlike Sherlock, he actually paid attention to current events in various other countries. A maniac trying to take over the world had surely caught his attention.

But to John, the god seemed to be intelligent himself. Why would he need Sherlock? And why did he have to be so brutal?

The doctor was ripped from his thoughts as he collided with the concrete below. Immediately, pain coursed through his body, he groaned, checking to see if anything was broken. Luckily, he hadn't broken a single bone; He was just very sore.

Watson slowly picked himself up, struggling a bit as he got to his feet. He was confused as lighting struck and thunder sounded. It hadn't been storming before Loki had showed up...

Oh.

John realized just a bit too late. He was knocked down again from the impact of a much burlier figure slamming into the sidewalk next to him.

Another bloody god...Really?

Just then, as Watson was once more getting to his feet, the thick man who had brought the doctor to the ground turned around. The doctor groaned again, only coming to the god's neck.

John didn't look the least bit happy at that moment, given that a lot of things had just happened to him.

Then, the Norse god of Thunder, Thor, spoke. “I apologize Midgardian, I was-” The blond was soon interrupted by the doctor.

“Ah! Ah! Let me guess, you're looking for something. Or someone rather. But I don't know where he is! Or why he just showed up and KIDNAPPED my bloody BEST FRIEND!”

“I am dearly sorry tha-” Thor had tried to speak again, only to get cut off once more

“Oh, shut your bloody mouth, Blondie!” John snapped.

Thor furrowed his brow, his lips turned down in a frown. “I fear that not even I know the whereabouts of Loki, nor his reasoning in stealing your friend.” He said sadly.

The doctor gave a sarcastic smile. “Oh great! Just bloody fantastic! Some lunatic just...poofs into our flat, hypnotizes Sher-”

This time, it was the god to cut John's sentence short. “Did you state that my brother hypnotized your friend?”

Watson nodded. “Got 'im on the ground and that bloody scepter of his to Sherlock's heart. After he had made my bullet turn to  dust and shoved his rod into my stomach...He made Sherlock's eyes go all wonky; black and then a lighter blue than his eyes already were.”

Thor nodded grimly. “I sense that Loki is planning something...something dreadfully terrible.” He paused. “And we haven't much time.” The blond finished.

“Wait, we?” John questioned.

His answer was Thor grabbing his arm tightly, but carefully, as the god acknowledged that the doctor was still hurting. The blond then raised Mjolnir and took off back into the sky with Watson, whose eyes were shut, and who was also repeating, “No! No! No! NO!”
    Steve Rogers
    Steve Rogers
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 33821
    Registration date : 2010-07-13

The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover Empty Re: The Sharpest Lives: BBC's Sherlock/Avengers Crossover

Post by Steve Rogers 6/16/2013, 11:52 pm

Oh my lord. The sheer beauty of this is astounding.

BBC Sherlock is THE BEST. And now you add LOKI to the mix? You just... you can't go wrong with this. I love it, friend. I love.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

Post by Komaeda 6/18/2013, 10:30 pm

This is one of the most awesome things ever. I love when you write stories, they are truly awesome. Please write another chapter!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/13/2024, 10:15 am