A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

4 posters

How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps

Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps Empty How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps

Post by Kendall 6/15/2013, 7:52 pm

Mina disliked grapes and strawberries, so she didn't know why she had bothered to come here at all. She was standing by the northern edge of the strawberry field, staring in disgust at the rows of little strawberry bushes (they were bushes, right?) that seemed to stretch on forever to Mina's reckoning. The Demeter and Dionysus kids were probably at fault for the grape-and-strawberry overload; they could have grown anything with this climate and their wonderful powers, but they chose grapes and strawberries instead, of all things. Mina silently mentally cursed them in colorful terms for their poor choice in good fruit.

Reaching out with her foot, she nudged a ripe strawberry still hanging on to a nearby plant. Ugh. Mina had gone looking for something to do, but instead she'd found herself wandering all the way out here. Wanderlust was a disturbing thing, sometimes; it could lead you to the oddest places. Mina didn't like being cooped up in camp with basically nothing to do but make fun of people and their idiocy -- yet that could only go so far. Sighing, she raised her foot and stomped hard on the strawberry, crushing it into the ground underfoot. There were plenty of strawberries out there; losing one or two or maybe a thousand wouldn't do much to the camp's income and all.
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female
    Number of posts : 2082
    Registration date : 2012-12-09

How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps Empty Re: How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps

Post by Komaeda 6/15/2013, 8:05 pm

Why did my friends make me do this? " Come on Amity it will be fun! " they said. I sighed. And even worse they made me leave my freaking spear at my cabin! Atleast I still have my armor on. I glanced to my left and quickly turned away not wanting to see it. I saw a girl up ahead. I went up to her and I put the basket down on the ground, starting to pick berries with my only hand. I looked up to the girl. " Uh, Hi I am Amity. " I say wiping berry juice on my ripped jeans that will sure to stain them. Like I would care. I finally stood up and I reached my right hand out. I hated making friends. I wish I was at the arena now fighting, but nooo I am here making " Friends ", and getting juice all over my shirt and pants.
    Christian
    Christian

Female
    Number of posts : 2417
    Registration date : 2011-07-01

How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps Empty Re: How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps

Post by Christian 6/15/2013, 8:12 pm

Ross Smith
    ~~ son of hephaestus ~~

The son of the fire god stumbled upon the fields. Waves of red, purple, and green mashed together in a sea of vines and fruit. He adored strawberries, but grapes weren't exactly his thing. Maybe that was why he avoided the god of grapes and his children. Even is he wasn't the god of grapes, he didn't like the old drunk. He was annoying, and his breath definitely didn't smell like rainbows and butterflies. He didn't dare say it out loud, however, or he would probably be thrown out to sea and turned into a dolphin. He imagined having to eat fish for the rest of his life, swimming around the deep blue sea. It actually didn't sound too bad, but he would probably miss his legs after a couple of minutes of swimming without them. He continued along the bushes of strawberries, picking a couple of them off. He crunched on a couple, but stopped at the sight of a girl. She had smooched a strawberry, making it seem as if it was poison. He seemed to smile at the sight of it. He tilted his head a bit to the left, but straightened it out. Another girl walked by, and introduced herself to her. He walked up to the girls, deciding to be a bit social. "Hey. My name is Ross." He said, shoving his hand out towards the both of them.

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female
    Number of posts : 2441
    Registration date : 2012-08-10

How to Make a Fruit Smoothie in Three Easy Steps Empty remember to breathe;'cause it'll take your breath away

Post by tyler oakley 6/15/2013, 8:29 pm

Elaina wasn't one to wander about by herself; in fact she preferred to surround herself with people, so they would talk and she wouldn't have to. Not like she could anyway, or would.
    The air was fresh, and Elaina's vibrant hair danced around in a light breeze. It was a perfect day. Anything could happen. Elaina liked it this way. See, she wasn't a person to sit around and do nothing. If maybe someone was in trouble or there was a cause she was really, really into. She would even speak up if she absolutely had to.
    A light smell drifted towards Elaina. At first she couldn't identify it. Strawberries don't have a strong smell. But when she looked down, red and not quite ripe green berries surrounded her, and when she lifted her foot she discovered pulpy berries sticking to her shoe. Ew.
    Elaina looked up to see three other kids; two girls and a guy. She gave them a slight nod and looked down at her feet.
    ooc: sorry im getting distracted
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 6/15/2013, 8:52 pm

I shook his hand like I never have shooked someone's hand before. I wish I had wings now so I could fly away from all of this. I dont have time to make friends, there are mlre important stuff in life like fighting. " Uh Hi. " I say to all of them. " So, how you all doing? " Breaking the ice is good. Getting to know them is good. I also wish for my spear right now. I covered up where my arm should be with my basket hopeing they wouldnt notice. And hope ask That question. Scratch that, of corse they will freaking notice. Who doesnt freaking notice?! I get back on the ground and I start picking more berries trying to keep my mind off of everything happening. I looked at everyone smirking and noticed I got berry juice on my face. Great, just great. I wiped it off using my shoulder and blew my black hair out of my face.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/15/2013, 9:34 pm

Mina raised an eyebrow, not sure how she really wanted to respond: by using the rude, haughty persona she was so used to using or by just being civil enough to not raise any suspicions of her true feelings for this.... situation. She preferred approaching people, rather than having them approach her; she liked deciding for herself what kinds of situations she wanted to throw herself into and deal with. Obviously, she mentally sighed, I'm not going to be able to get rid of these people anytime soon.... Unless I can hide their bodies in the field? Hm. That was an enticing thought, but she didn't have the true temperament of a murderer nor the skills to escape the situation with all her limbs intact. Instead, Mina's mind drifted toward the brighter possibility of simply blowing them off with a few rude gestures and words that shouldn't be repeated, but she didn't know if any of these other demigods had a knack for getting into fights over the stupidest crap; you could never tell anymore with all these idiots running amok.

After a brief pause, the girl decided just to be civil; if they tried getting buddy-buddy with her, she'd insult them colorfully and leave. She folded her arms across her chest and, forcing a smile (or a wince, it was hard to tell), drawled, "Well, hello to you too.... Amy and Royce? Oh wait, no.... Amity and Ross, right? Sorry, I suck with names."
    Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 6/15/2013, 10:20 pm

I sigh and pick up my brown woven basket. How exactly do you make friends anyway. I felt like stabbing something. Maybe it was the best I didnt bring my spear. I go over to a station where I could wash the berries that I had picked. I turned the water on as I held my breath. I wanted to get over washing them as soon as possible. I quickly ran the hose with dripping water over the basket in about a few seconds. Water scared me to death because I couldnt swim and there are so many things in the water that can hurt you! Just what I need another missing arm. I brung the basket back to my " friends ". " There, done. " I said quickly. I pick up a grape from the basket and plop it in my mouth. Wow grapes tasted better than I thought...
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 6/16/2013, 11:05 am

Ross Smith
    ~~ son of hephaestus ~~

Ross glanced at the girl that walked over. She seemed to be shy, only nodding at them before proceeding to look down at her feet. He nodded slightly back at her, but she probably could not see it since she was looking towards her feet. He seemed to cringe at the sound of Royce. Royce? He hated that name for some reason. He even hated his name, people always ask him where Joey and Chandler are or something stupid of the sort. He frowned, but forced a poker face. "Oh, it's quite alright. Your name is..?" He asked in a polite tone. Ross watched as the girl, the one who introduced herself as Amity, washed down some grapes and strawberries. He slyly grabbed a small strawberry and plopped the juicy fruit into his mouth. He chewed silently, awkward silence striking throughout the group. "So, how is everyone today?" He asked, hoping to break the ice. He wasn't very good at conversations, but today he felt like he needed to be social.

Komaeda
    Komaeda

Female

Post by Komaeda 6/16/2013, 7:25 pm

Ok I worked and I made " friends " now all I have to do is walk away slowly and I can get out of here. That one chick already messed up my freaking name. Ok I am just going to tell them I am leaving nicely. " I think I am going to be on my way, I have some other things to do. " I put my basket down and took a step back. " You can have the rest of the fruit... " I start backing away and run off, to fast to realize that I tripped and fell. I wiped the mud and stuff off me and I started to get up. " I am ok! " I yell from a distence. Like they would care. I got back up and started to limp back to my cabin. I had enough of being social today. " Great job screwing it up White Tips. " I mumble to myself on my way out.
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 6/16/2013, 10:53 pm

Elaina looked up. The guy had spoken.
    "Your name is..?"
    She blushed, as she had taken a few moments to respond. Quickly, she took off her backpack and rummaged through it. Where is it..? Where IS it, Elaina? Her face grew brighter as she took longer to reply, but soon she found her notepad. Flipping it open, she wrote:
    Sorry! I'm Elaina.
    Elaina didn't quite know what else to say. She wasn't social, and was horrible with starting conversations, or even pitching in to speak in one.
    ooc: would post more but i gtg
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/18/2013, 1:32 pm

Rather than replying to Ross at first, Mina watched that Amity girl run off in a hurry and trip all over herself, suppressing an urge to laugh. She liked making people nervous; she guessed it was a bit of a cruel streak in her, to like subtly mocking people into a nervous state of mind even though this time hadn't been on purpose. She had just sincerely forgotten their names within twenty seconds of being introduced. Mina supposed it wasn't a major problem, though; a lot of people had it worse, and sometimes people just had really forgettable names. Didn't really matter to her whether they had a ridiculously common name like John or a really unique name like Sapphire or whatever -- if Mina forgot a name, she'd forgotten it and there was little hope of retrieving it from her memory unless you continually reintroduced yourself to her.

Looking back at Ross with a slightly amused expression on her face, she replied: "My name is Mina Lewis, daughter of Phrike." Mina hoped she wasn't exuding that horrible aura to them; it was more of a curse than a power, to make people around her feel a subtle sense of terror. She guessed it was off-putting enough, but sometimes, people could ignore it just fine, and that was okay by her.
    Christian
    Christian

Female

Post by Christian 6/18/2013, 4:21 pm

Ross Smith
    ~~ son of hephaestus ~~

Ross watched as the girl tripped over and fell. Mud was hanging from her, a laugh hanging in his throat. As soon as she seemed to be out of sight, he burst out in laughter. He had no idea why it seemed so funny to him, but watching other people's pain just made him want to crawl up in a ball and laugh for the rest of the day. He controlled himself after a couple of chuckles, and looked at the other girl. She was a mute, he concluded. He read the paper, nodding slowly. "Nice to meet you, Elaina." He heard the other girl speak, and looked at her. "And you too, Mina." he pursed his lips, the conversation becoming a little dry. He decided to go back to his cabin, and maybe get some sleep. He was overly tired from the duel he had earlier today. His opponent put up quite a fight. He yawned to show that he was tired, then spoke to them. "I should go and get some rest now. Nice meeting both of you." He flashed a bright smile, and turned on his heels. He walked down the bushes yet again, walking towards the familiar Hephaestus cabin.

tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 6/20/2013, 11:20 am

ooc: Agh
    bic:

Elaina watched the boy leave, and then she looked back up at the Mina girl. She didn't seem like she was so nice. And was she... Was she forgetting people's names on purpose? It wasn't that bad of a deed, but to Elaina that was a pretty low way to be mean to someone, like, come on,  forgetting someone's name isn't going to bother them that much, unless they're some kind of weird egotistical maniac.

Elaina flipped open her pad. Hey, Mina. So, what brings you here? Elaina looked at the paper for a minute, wondering if that was the best way to write it, or if she should give it to Mina at all. But, in the end she handed it to her.

Sometimes Elaina wanted to be able to speak so badly. Wouldn't it be nice to hear her voice? Elaina had forgotten what it had sounded like, and she was a bit ashamed of that. But her vocal chords were sealed.

Last edited by pegasaurus on 7/5/2013, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 6/21/2013, 6:31 pm

Mina looked over curiously as the other girl, the one she was now alone with, handed her a note. Too bad Ryan/Ross couldn't stay, he seemed like a person who could have given her some good conversation. She flipped it open and stared at the note, taking a long moment to decipher the message; her dyslexia wasn't as bad as the average demigod's, which was probably one of the reasons she got decent grades at school, but that didn't mean she was fast or good at reading and writing -- it just meant words were a bit easier to decipher and understand to her. It was always a sore point for her; most people who knew her knew they shouldn't mention how slow she was at reading (to her face, anyway) if they wanted to keep their face in order. She clucked her tongue when she finally got it: Hey, Mina. So, what brings you here?

Easy enough to answer, though it would have been ten times easier for the girl to speak to Mina rather than write to her -- unless the girl was mute or just really shy.

"Well," Mina replied, folding up the note again, "I'm here because I wandered here. Don't know why I'm still at this place, I don't even like grapes and strawberries."
    tyler oakley
    tyler oakley

Female

Post by tyler oakley 7/5/2013, 11:12 am

Elaina smiled. She flipped open the notebook and wrote, I'm not a fan of strawberries, but I came to just relax.
    Elaina tried to keep the paragraphs short. She knew most demigods were dyslectic. What a shame it was to be mute at this camp. Half of the time she couldn't even read her own writing. After awhile of silence, she left.

ooc: finally replied, eek sorry, and im clearing her out, sorry :(
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 7/7/2013, 8:05 pm

ooc: It's fine.

bic:

Well, everybody was gone now, thank Zeus. Mina watched the girl leave, feeling relieved that she was now alone with this... field. This field of stuff she hated. Ugh. She shot a look of disgust at it and slowly walked between the rows of fruit bushes and vines, heading back to camp and maybe her cabin; she didn't know where she was headed, but knowing her wanderlust she'd probably end up in another stupid place with more people who made for bad conversation.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 7:48 am