A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Just a Day by the Lake

QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 5516
    Registration date : 2010-03-03

Just a Day by the Lake Empty Just a Day by the Lake

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/22/2013, 1:18 pm

Just a Day by the Lake Scott_zps2cefb1c4

Scott walked onto the shores of the beach and looked around. In his aimless roaming, Scott had been most places at camp, but this was his first time at the lake. To him, it was one of the most beautiful places at camp. Scott sat down on the shores and pulled out his phone. He had six emails from his dad, but Scott was trying to change who he was. He was still going to work for the bank, but he was trying to not be a total nerd anymore. Scott responded to the emails, quickly, then put his phone away.  

LynnZee
    LynnZee
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1203
    Registration date : 2012-04-25

Just a Day by the Lake Empty Re: Just a Day by the Lake

Post by LynnZee 6/22/2013, 2:21 pm

I walked up to the lake. I wasn't sure why I had come here. It just seemed like a good idea. I could say it called me to it, but that would be way over-dramatic. I walked along the shore, stepping in and out of the water, and then I sat down in one of the old chairs that had probably been there for over a decade. I look around at the surroundings. I see someone else siting by the shore, but I don't say anything to him. I just sit back and enjoy the peacefulness of this place. It was nice.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/22/2013, 2:27 pm

Scott looked around when he heard an old chair creek. Scott saw a girl sitting in a chair that looked older than her. He waved to her and then turned back to the water. Scott slipped out his sunglasses and put those on. Scott was feeling a little bit better about himself than he did when he first came to camp. Scott looked at the lake and smiled a little bit to himself.

LynnZee
    LynnZee
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by LynnZee 6/22/2013, 5:11 pm

I saw the guy waving at me and I smiled back at him. I wanted to say something, but I didn't know what to say. "Uh, I like your sunglasses," I said to him. It sounded stupid, but whatever. At least I said something and wasn't being a quiet loner. I opened my bag and took out my book, just to make myself not feel so awkward. I began reading, mostly just skimming because I wasn't really interested in the book. It was just something random I found at the library.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/23/2013, 4:57 pm

Just a Day by the Lake Ribbetcollage_zpsf9790824

Scott smiled when she complemented his sunglasses. "Thanks." He smiled. Scott continued to look around at the scenery. After a few minutes, he looked back at the girl. She was reading now. "What are you reading?" Scott asked. Scott had read a lot of books, but he couldn't really see the cover from where he was at the time.

LynnZee
    LynnZee
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by LynnZee 6/27/2013, 6:03 pm

I looked from the book to him. "The Wish Stealers," I said. "By Tracy Trivas." It actually was a pretty interesting book. Lucky pennies, wishes, curses. I just wasn't really an avid reader. I closed the book, but kept my finger inside the page I was on. "Have you ever heard of it?" I asked, hoping to start a conversation.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/28/2013, 7:35 pm

Scott shook his head. "I've read a lot, but never that." Scott got up and wiped the sand off of his pants. He placed his sunglasses atop his head and walked over to the girl. Scott offered her his hand to shake. "Hi. I'm Scott Forbes." Scott was doing this thing where he was trying to be nice.

LynnZee
    LynnZee
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by LynnZee 6/29/2013, 1:34 am

I shook his hand. "I'm Melissa Thalman," I said. I looked up at him. He was actually sort of good looking. "Who's your god parent? Mine is Morpheus," I said. I put the book down in my lap, forgetting to put the bookmark back in. I'll get mad at myself for that later. I pulled my feet back to the chair since they were way out and looked all slouchy.
    QMeetsWorld
    QMeetsWorld
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by QMeetsWorld 6/30/2013, 6:05 pm

Just a Day by the Lake Ribbetcollage_zpsf9790824

Scott smiled. He was really happy to be meeting someone at camp that actually seemed like a real person. "I'm a son of Tyche." Scott sat cross-legged in front of her and smiled again. She was pretty. That wasn't really something that Scott spent a lot of time thinking about, so he pushed it out of his head. "So how long have you been at camp? I've been here for, like, a week."

After a while Scott gets up and leaves.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/28/2024, 1:59 pm