A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

uh oh

Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female
    Number of posts : 25815
    Registration date : 2010-01-10

uh oh  Empty uh oh

Post by Haiden 6/25/2013, 10:05 pm

Trace walked out into the big city of Manhatten. The exit of camp lead to this busy intersection that was conveniently by a gas station. Gas station = cars that were ready for hotwiring. Trace leaned against a light pole nonchalently as he waited for Kelsey to come by.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 9923
    Registration date : 2009-12-30

uh oh  Empty Re: uh oh

Post by Kimimae 6/25/2013, 10:19 pm

ooc- flawless topic title lmao

bic-
    Kelsey followed Trace since he seemed to know where he was going. She watched him as he became Mr. Cool by a light pole, she smirked. She looked around all the cars, ripe for the picking. "Sweet, how convenient. We just gotta pick one?"
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/25/2013, 10:23 pm

ooc: thanks i was trying to think of something clever and meaningful but nothing was coming to mind lololol

bic: Trace nodded once Kelsey came behind and looked over the cars that were parked in the gas station. There was a Suburban, Mustang, Jeep Wrangler, and a car that he didn't know where the hell it came from. Glancing over at Kelsey, he gestured towards the selection of cars. "Ladies pick. Which one looks good?"
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/25/2013, 10:36 pm

ooc- rofl well this is meaningful enough

bic-
    Kelsey laughed. "You realize I know nothing about cars and am just going to pick the shiniest one, right?" She said, gravitating towards the Mustang. She looked at the Jeep on the other side. "Well, then again this one has it's keys in it still." She said and giggled a little.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/25/2013, 10:43 pm

Trace followed after her towards the Mustang and chuckled at her statement. "Oh yeah, I forgot. Shiny things always catches the eye." He glanced over at the Jeep who's keys were dangling from the hole and blinked. "Well, to make things easier I say we take this one, yeah?" He didn't wait for Kelsey to answer as he climbed into the drivers seat. The owner of the car was stupid enough to actually leave the keys in AND have the back top off. "Dumb mortals." He muttered to himself as he adjusted himself in the drivers seat. Oh yes..this felt nice.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/25/2013, 10:56 pm

Kelsey hopped in the passenger's seat and grinned as she buckled her self in. "This is gonna be great. You know how to drive?" She asked as she scooted the chair back a little, it was a little close to the glove compartment. A pair of sunglasses hanging from the rear view mirror caught her eye. She took them off and tried them on.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/26/2013, 10:30 pm

"Hah..what sixteen year old would I be if I didn't know how to drive? Pft." Trace told her with a weak smile. He honestly had no idea how to drive but he could learn simply by just doing it..hopefully. As he started up the car, he sighed with relief. One step down..more to go. "Alright lets do this-" He looked over at Kelsey and found that she was wearing the random sunglasses that were hanging by the mirror. "Niceeee.." Trace chuckled as he pulled out of the parking space with some difficulty and drove out to the open road.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/27/2013, 1:24 am

"Oh, why thank you." Kelsey watched him struggle with driving and held back a laugh. She wouldn't be able to do any better, but his facial expressions were still great. "Now we just gotta find McDonald's." She opened up the glove compartment and dug through it. There was some napkins and probably important things pertaining to the car, but those were of no use to her; she was looking for a map. "Ah ha!" She exclaimed triumphantly when she found one, neatly folded up. She pulled it out carefully trying not to take any of the extraneous stuff with it, but her attempt was to no avail as a few piece of paper tumbled to the floor of the car. She picked them up and crammed them back in, shutting the compartment with a rather loud 'snap!' She paused before opening it up. "You think they'd have it on a map?" She asked, propping the sunglasses on her head.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/27/2013, 10:05 am

Trace stared ahead with complete focus at the road, not sure of where he was heading but hoping that he'd hit a familiar place. A sudden 'snap!' made his heart jump and he jumped a bit as well in his seat. He quickly looked over at Kelsey as she took out a map and breathed out a sigh of relief. "Of course they would. Its McDonald's aftterall. We just have to find out where we are right now..." He looked back to the street and found himself just driving in an endless road with an alley of trees surrounding them on both sides. Aw man.. "I think we're on the outskirts of Manhatten..." he mumbled dully, keeping both hands on the steering wheel gripped tight. How could they have gotten this far away from the city? Trace tried to look for a sign or something that could probably tell where they were but he had no luck. The only way to get out of here was to keep driving on the infinite road. "Um..maybe there's a place that we could ask for directions down the road.."
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/27/2013, 11:12 am

Kelsey nodded and started unfolding the map. "Too bad we weren't lost yet when we were at the gas station. There's gotta be another one up here eventually, or maybe someone's house or something." Well, they weren't exactly lost, they still sort of knew where they were. They just didn't know how to get where they were going. Kelsey leaned forward in her seat, straining to see further than the horizon of road that stretched ahead of them. When that failed, she slumped back in her seat and crossed her arms. "Stupid road." She mumbled bitterly, as if roads normally caused her problems. She glanced down at the map, maybe she could make out where they were. She doubted it, but hey, it's worth a shot. She followed some lines with her finger but nothing looked right, even in the city. Wait a second, was this even the right map? She flipped it over suddenly and read the front panel. 'North Carolina: Cities and Attractions.' She groaned, it wasn't even for this state! They probably snatched a car from someone on vacation. Well that's unfortunate for them. Kelsey looked over at Trace and opened her mouth to say something about this situation but got distracted. "Uh, you okay there? You're awfully tense.."
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/27/2013, 4:20 pm

"Tense? Pft..no..I'm not tense.." Trace's voice faltered as his concentration increased. There was no way that they were going to get lost. Nope, no way. He has been in so many accidents when it came to road trips, that he just simply became tired of them. One had to do with a guy becoming paralyzed for the rest of his life and the other..well, was pretty much just another episode of Lost. If something were to screw up here, he would probably tear out his hair. It was until a figure standing on the side of the road caught his eye. As they drew closer, he realized it was a man with his arm frantically stretched out and thumb up. Trace saw this as a sign sent from heaven. "Found someone! Found someone!" he exclaimed excitedly as he stopped the car to a halt beside the frantic man. "Hello sir! I see you need some acquaintanc-"

The man cut off Trace by jumping into the back of the car right when the car was at a safe stop. "Drive! Drive!" He ordered, panic rising in his voice. He had a disheveled appearance to him, as if he had been on the run for days. His eyes were a wild green and he sprawled himself in the backseat as if he didn't want anyone to see him from the outside.

"Hey! You can't get in this car-"

The man swiftly grabbed a gun from his pocket and held it up in his hand. "Drive."

Trace gulped and looked at Kelsey apologetically. I knew it, I knew it, I knew it..this is my fault He closed his eyes, took a deep breath, then started the car and drove down the road.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/27/2013, 5:17 pm

Everything happened really fast. One second they were driving along and then the next there's a crazy guy in the back seat.

"Hey, wait a second, we're not a taxi-" She had turned around to protest him getting in without an invitation but swiveled back around to the front faster than she though possible when he pulled a gun. Kelsey froze, staring straight ahead, as the sunglasses fell back onto her face. If she didn't move, maybe he would go away. Out of the corner of her eye, she caught a look from Trace that just screamed 'I'm sorry.' As he started pulling away from the edge of the road where he had pulled over,Kelsey started taking deep breaths. Weirder things had happened, she assured herself, they're a pair of demigods for Pete's sake.

She waited a few moments and then glanced at Trace to her left. He was a bit pale, and was clutching the wheel even tighter, if possible. She slowly turned around to the back seat where the hitchhiker was laid out, looking distraught. He had the gun in his hand but he didn't look like he was going to use it anytime soon, it was probably more of a motivator so they'd drive, or at least she hoped. "Uh, hi..."
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/27/2013, 6:28 pm

The man plopped back onto the backseat once the car began to drive off. He was breathing heavily from his long trek, and he held the gun loosely in his hand as his arm hung lazily over the seat. His eyes were shut tight as he tried to think. Plan A didn't go too well, now its time for Plan B. Plan B definitely wasn't 'catch a ride from a pair of teenagers in the middle of the road', but it seemed like it would just have to do. The sound of the girl's voice rang in his ears and he opened one eye to find the girl turned around and staring at him nervously. Too tired to play the bad guy again, he sighed and replied calmly. "..Hi."

ohmygodsohmygodsohmygodsohmygodsohmygodsohmygods was all that Trace could think of as he continued to drive down the long stretch of pavement. Not only did the hitchhiker just barge into their car, he also happened to have a gun. Many scenarios played in Trace's mind, but he pushed them away quickly to concentrate on driving. He didn't know where to drive..hell, he still didn't even know where they were. Trace's head shot towards Kelsey the moment she spoke to the man and he quickly grabbed her arm. He was about to say: 'Don't talk to him! He has a gun!' but the reply from the man surprised him. He was not expecting that at all. Slowly releasing Kelsey's arm and holding onto the steering wheel, he spoke directly to the man. "..So...specific destination..sir...?" He asked him shakily. Trace tried his best to keep calm, but he felt himself become sicker and sicker as he continued to drive.

"Anywhere...anywhere but here." The man breathed, rubbing his forehead with frustration. "It'd be best to leave the state, actually-" He paused, gathering his thoughts together. What had Chris said? The hit he had moments before he had got in the car left his memory a little hazy. "...New Jersey. New Jersey...get me to New Jersey."
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/27/2013, 7:49 pm

Kelsey jumped and let out a yelp when Trace grabbed her arm. It didn't hurt, it just royally freaked her out. She took a deep breath while turning to look at Trace. He looked pretty shaken up. She wasn't exactly on top of the world herself, but he looked like he was on the verge of a panic attack. "Er, Trace, buddy, you want me to drive for a little while?" She really couldn't drive either, but hey, now seems like a as good as time as any to learn.

She was feeling a little better that the hitchhiker hadn't wanted to kill them for talking to him. Maybe he just needed a friend after all-- someone to talk to. Kelsey liked to think things like that, even though in this case it probably wasn't so, it calmed her down. Also, not focusing on the gun helped a lot too. She turned to look at the man again. "...New Jersey? Why New Jersey?" She blinked and backtracked. "I mean, I'm not judging your choice of vacation spots or anything, just wondering." New Jersey was a good two or three hours away, depending on where in New Jersey he wanted to go. That's a long time to spend with someone who could potentially be the end of them. She didn't want to make him mad. Talking to him probably wasn't the best idea in that case, but she was super curious at the same time.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/27/2013, 8:30 pm

Trace nodded slowly, his grip on the wheel loosening a bit once Kelsey offered. "Y-yeah. You can drive next. I'll find a good spot to park and then we'll make the switch." That also gives us time to find out what the hell this guy wants..
    So the man wanted to go to New Jersey, huh? This made Trace slightly annoyed, but he had to remember that the man had a gun. If he didn't have a gun, on the other hand, he wouldn't mind shooting the man with his sassiness. It took time to go to New Jersey, and he did not want to spend that time with a man..that had a gun!

The man stayed silent for a moment, ignoring the girls question. Should he tell them..? He was debating silently to himself, mumbling a bit as he tried to decide to reveal his identity or not. These teenagers did have his life in their hands..and they were the only people he could depend on. But could he trust them? The boy looked as if he were going to puke anytime..and the girl was just too..brave..and nosy. Brave and nosy. It was a hard decision, but after all the crap that he had been through the past years...what the hell. He suddenly jolted up from the seat, cocked the gun, and held it up again, pointing it at both the boy and girl. "I'm going to tell you something. What I'm about to tell you is top secret and you do not tell anyone, you hear!?"

Trace suddenly jammed his foot on the brakes once he heard the man cock the gun. NOTTHEGUNNOTTHEGUNNOTTHEGUNNOTTHEGUN. His hands were shaking one he let go of the wheel. It was a good thing the road they were driving on was pretty much deserted. There were no cars on the road except for them. That means no hearing of calls for help.. Trace's eyes flickered towards Kelsey with fear. He continued to look at her, not wanting to face the guy who pretty much could easily kill them in the matter of seconds.

"....I work for a someone. Someone who pays me to do something that could land me in prison very easily. I'm a killer. That is all I'm going to say. The rest is none of your business." His voice was assertive and rough, which he was hoping would give them a good scare. Sad to say that this was the only way to get them to listen to him and actually do what he said even though this was the last thing that he wanted to do.

"Wait, isn't that an assasi-"

The man shoved the front of the gun roughly against the boys head, then looked at the girl in the passenger seat. "Tell your friend to keep his mouth shut. Keep your mouth shut as well. No more questions. Your curiosity is making me sick."

Trace shrieked once the front of the gun was pressed against his forehead. The shriek sounded very much like a girl and he made a mental note to never shriek like that again..even though he strongly felt that this was the end. He continued to look at Kelsey though and gave her the 'AGREE WITH HIM PLEASE' look.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/27/2013, 9:55 pm

Kelsey faced Trace as he talked. She gave a small smile when she noticed he relaxed ever so slightly. He looked like he was going to rip the steering wheel off before. This was a good start, it was a long trip, maybe more relaxing could be managed.

She was wrong. Out of nowhere, the man pointed the gun at the two. Kelsey felt her heart skip several beats, and her stomach do a flip. "I'm going to tell you something. What I'm about to tell you is top secret and you do not tell anyone, you hear!?" Kelsey heard loud and clear. She gulped and waited for the man to continue his story when suddenly Trace slammed the brakes. She lurched forward, which was sort of painful since she was still turned around, but thank goodness for seat belts. She rubbed her neck and shoulder which had been in the path of the seat belt and its' fury.

Kelsey looked to the man, and then frantically to Trace. She didn't know what to do, what to look at. She realized she was trembling. She looked to the man once again. She didn't want to let her eyes wander down to the gun, she'd probably pass out.

He began speaking again. As she listened to the man's simple and short explanation, her face twisted in confusion. If it were none of their business, why would he tell them this much already? Pretty sure assassins were supposed to be secretive at least. She heard Trace begin to ask a question, but didn't catch what he said, and it didn't matter. The assassin thrust his gun to Trace's forehead and Kelsey gasped sharply. Apparently he didn't like his question.

As the gun wielder gave a follow up statement about being quiet Kelsey nodded vigorously. She just wanted him to put the gun away, she wanted him out of the car, she wanted to go back to camp. She stared at the man for another moment before looking to Trace and bursting into tears. She'd held her cool as long as she could, but this was too much.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/27/2013, 10:40 pm

Trace felt a little relieved once Kelsey nodded quite quickly after the man spoke, but then she suddenly began..to cry? Oh no. As much trouble that they were in, he couldn't help but see a good friend cry..especially during a time like this. He began to worry how the man would react. Trace wanted to comfort Kelsey to stop crying but he felt that if he moved he would be shot down fairly quickly. Not knowing what to do, Trace just continued to look at Kelsey. Gods, he hated feeling useless. He was pretty surprised that he wasn't crying himself. Trace was a scaredy cat, for sure, but why wasn't he crying now? It was probably because of all the crap he has been through that had to do with road trips. He was so used to chaos that all he felt was fear, but no tears.

Rico Jeffrey Jiminez was his name. Top assassin in the United States, and one of America's Most Wanted for a certain murder. People looked at him as if he were a monster. But what was Rico Jeffery Jiminez really like? He was a family man. A former waiter at your local iHop. He had three children, a beautiful wife..but was stuck in a lousy, run down apartment building. He knew his family deserved more than this, but working at iHop was not the greatest job to support his family. It was the only one that actually hired him, though. His boss wasn't the greatest guy..actually, he was the worst guy to ever be a boss. He specifically had a grudge against Rico, which Rico could never figure out why this guy had even had this grudge. His boss always yelled at Rico, made him do extra work, stay after hours, and even spit on him. Rico couldn't take it anymore one day and finally decided to quit. It was the hardest decision of his life, but he couldn't take his boss's crap no longer. Being jobless took a toll on Rico..until he received a mysterious phone call asking to kill his boss in return for money. Having experience in hunting when he was a kid, he excelled in the deed and began to get phone calls from all over the world to do murders in exchange for money. His family had no idea until one day he had shown up on the news as Americas Most Wanted for the murder of his boss. Because of this, his family left him for good and Rico Jiminez had not seen them for the last 7 years.
    All this came back to him as he saw the girl in the passenger seat begin to cry. It made him realize that he wasn't dealing with the people that he has dealt with for a long time..they were just a couple of teenagers. The girl crying made him flash back to the moment his wife had found out she was married to a...what had she called him? Rico looked down, his breathing slowed. He lowered the gun. A murderer. "..I just need to get to New Jersey." His voice cracked a bit as he spoke in a soft tone, showing his vulnerability. Rico depended on these kids. He needed to earn their trust. This was going to be a lot harder than I thought... "Once you drop me off, you'll never hear from me again."

As the man lowered his gun, Trace took this as the chance to finally comfort his friend. He put a hand on her shoulder and spoke to her calmly, even though his hand was shaking as he clutched onto her. "Hey, its alright! We're still here..its okay, Kelsey.." He quickly looked over at the man, expecting him to bring his gun back up or something but he didn't. Instead, he wore a sad look on his face. His eyes were lowered and he seemed to be thinking. Trace quickly turned back to Kelsey once the man looked up and continued to comfort her while he spoke. His tone was sincere and all, but..could they really trust him? He knew he would have to speak up. Kelsey didn't look like she was in the condition of confronting this...assassin they were holding. He wondered himself why the assassin just randomly decided to reveal himself. Maybe he was desperate? He looked pretty desperate once he saw that it was two teenagers in the car. Now that he revealed himself though, this made Trace realize that they were dealing with something that could possibly put them in prison for the rest of their life. Letting out a deep breath, he finally spoke up. "Okay man..we'll d-drive you. Just..stay quiet and don't..don't bring that gun up to our faces again, alright? It gives me the jeeves.."

Rico nodded as he put the safety on his gun and shoved it in his pocket. He could do that. This was just a step to earning the kids trust. He glanced over at the girl, eager to see if she would stop crying and maybe take the wheel instead. He had a bad feeling about the boy..the way he was driving didn't make him feel safe or something.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/28/2013, 3:42 am

As she choked back a sob, Kelsey noticed a rather abrupt change in the man's demeanor. He went from threatening and angry to quiet and reserved. She didn't understand. Did he feel bad because she was crying? Sympathy seemed like an odd feeling for a killer to suddenly display. Even if he did feel bad it was still a weird way to react-- he looked positively crestfallen now.

Then he put the gun down and Kelsey let out a shaky sigh of relief. Oh, pull yourself together. You're more brave than this, come on! She mentally scolded herself. She fumbled to her right for the glove compartment. There were napkins in there and she needed to wipe her eyes and blow her nose. She felt Trace's hand on her shoulder matched with some consolatory words. His voice was surprisingly calm and even. She listened as she pulled some napkins from the box and wiped her eyes. "Thanks," she said after blowing her nose. Trace looked to the man in the backseat, confirming that the two would drive him. If they weren't currently in this pickle, she probably would've laughed at Trace's word choice-- jeeves? Ah, yes, that's golden. But at least the assassin agreed, for now. 

She thought about what he had said, though. "Once you drop me off, you'll never hear from me again." Well, she should sure hope so. It wasn't like they were going to come visit him, or become his personal transportation service or something. She almost laughed at the prospect of sending him a Christmas card.

Trace's words of comfort echoed through Kelsey's head as she wiped her face with the bottom of her orange camp shirt. Kelsey didn't like crying. Even in an intense, life threatening situation like this, she still felt sort of pathetic. She needed to get her mind off of it. "Can I drive now?" They were already stopped and everything. Whether Trace thought she was in a good condition to properly operate a vehicle would be the real question.
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/28/2013, 3:00 pm

Rico watched as the girl began to control herself and let out a sigh of relief. He was glad that she wasn't one of those girl's who became dramatic and over exaggerated stuff..otherwise he'd sadly have to use the gun. Rico sat straight up and stared at both the boy and girl, waiting for their next move. He, himself, had no idea what they should do, so he decided to wait it out and see what the teenagers would do.

Trace smiled a bit once Kelsey began to calm down and let go of her shoulder. Phew... He looked into the rearview mirror to find the man just sitting there obediently and staring at the both of them with a blank expression. The man still scared the crap out of Trace, no question about that, but he was glad to see that the man had followed Trace's order and put the gun away. "Thanks-" He paused, realizing that they didn't even know the guy's name. They knew he was an assassin and that he could kill him and Kelsey in the blink of an eye, but they didn't quite catch his name. This amused Trace, but he showed no sign of it on his face. Giggling like a little girl was not about to happen during a time like this. "..Um, we didn't get your name, sir."

Rico raised his eyebrow at the boy. To tell them his real name or not...that was the question. He had already told them so much before..why should he tell them his name? They could easily turn against him this moment.."My name is Duncan Martinez." He told them monotonously. He had picked the name from a old TV show that he watched as a kid and was certain that the two teenagers would not be able to recognize it. They were too young, of course.

Isn't that the name from Polly the Puffing Dragon? Trace thought to himself curiously, but later shrugged it off. Meh. Maybe he was just imagining it. He hasn't seen that show in a while, anyway. "Well I'm Trace and uh.." He looked over at Kelsey as she was in the process of blowing her nose. "..this is Kelsey." Trace introduced for her, holding his hand out for the guy to shake instinctively, but then pulled it back quickly. Being at camp for too long made you have some kind of routine when greeting people.

Rico nodded towards the both of them silently. Trace and Kelsey. Huh. He'd remember those names for a while, he was sure of it. After all, they were pretty much the determination of his living status.

"Can I drive now?" Trace looked over at Kelsey to find her done with blowing her nose and looking a little better than she did before. Trace could still see the redness and swelling in her eyes though, which made him think before he agreed to let her drive. Could she drive, even in her condition? Did she even know how to drive?..Well I shouldn't be talking, this was my first ever experience to drive.. he thought to himself. "..Well, yeah you can drive but are you in the condition to..like, well drive?"

Out in the distance ahead of the Jeep Wrangler, a black convertible was speeding on the other lane down the road. Music thumping and constant screams of joy filtered out of the windows of the car and a beer bottle was thrown from the driver side and shattered onto the side of the black pavement. It suddenly began to swerve back and forth as it started to near the Jeep from ahead.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 6/28/2013, 10:47 pm

As she brushed some hair out of her face, Trace made introductions. Duncan Martinez. Kelsey almost laughed. She'd never heard of a killer named Duncan. Scar or Brutus, maybe, but Duncan? Pft. That's the name of the kindly-looking old guy who created the Duncan Hines brand. They make cupcake mix and that was the only reason Kelsey knew of them. A look of recognition crossed Trace's face for an instant when Duncan gave his name. Maybe he was actually a well known killer and Trace knew of him. Or maybe Duncan is a really terrible assassin because not only had he revealed his profession to two teenagers, he also just gave his name.

When Trace introduced her she looked up and saw him nod. Duncan looked pretty neutral to this whole situation. He was still very quiet. Kelsey was still very terrified. Trace almost shook his hand, she was glad he didn't.

"..Well, yeah you can drive but are you in the condition to..like, well drive?" That, my dear Trace, is a very good question. Could Kelsey drive? No. The most experience she'd had with driving ended with Mario Kart and Grand Theft Auto. Neither of those would pertain to real world driving, needless to say. Should Kelsey drive? Probably not. She was as nervous as she had ever been about being here at all, and jumpy beyond all belief. If someone sneezed she'd probably panic and drive them off the road. She crumpled the napkin in her hand and tossed it out of the jeep. Littering was the least of her worries right now. "..Yeah, maybe on second thought, you can continue. I mean, if you're up for it." Trace after all, did just recently have a gun to his head. That can't be something you can forget about lightly.

Vaguely, Kelsey thought she heard something. It was quiet out here, they were far enough from the city that the sounds of cars and people weren't audible. Duncan wasn't a chatty Cathy, and Trace wasn't exactly reciting a speech. In between their replies and exchanges in conversation, she thought she could almost make out the sound of a bass line. She rubbed near her ear, maybe it was just the blood rushing through her head from all the excitement and adrenaline. She looked out to the horizon in front of the car, trying to catch a glimpse of anything. And there, just at the edge of her vision, the sun reflected against something metallic. A car? She squinted. "Uh, do you see that?
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 6/30/2013, 9:23 pm

"Uh, do you see that?" Rico's eyes shot up towards the front of the car once he heard Kelsey speak. His heart began to race once he saw a swerving car appear from the bright reflection. Well sh*t "Yeah, I see that. I also see that we should START DRIVING!" He yelled in panic, grabbing his gun from his pocket as if he were going to shoot the car or something...Which doesn't sound like a bad idea... Rico stood up on the backseat so that he could get a good shot from the top view of the car. There he saw the swerving car heading towards their way. Rico turned off the safety on his gun and aimed it at the tires of the car. Before he made the shot, Rico hesitated. It was so easy for him to just ditch the car and let it crash into the Jeep with only the two teenagers...he could jump off the car and make a run for it. I'm so tired of running away, though. Tightening his grip on the gun, he shot the two front tires.

Trace squinted his eyes, trying to see what all the fuss was about. I knew I shouldn't of slept in my contacts last night. It was until he felt his head suddenly start to throb to the beat of a bass line. Rubbing his head, the convertible ahead driving way past the speed limit came to his view. Trace's eyes widened and he fumbled with the keys, trying to stick it in the ignition. "....we should START DRIVING!" Duncan yelled, which made Trace jump and drop the keys. No! He searched helplessly for them on the ground by his feet until his hands touched something cold. Got it! As he tried the second time to stick it in the ignition, he heard the shots of a gun fired. Startled, "I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO PUT THAT GUN AWA-" The screeching tires and screaming teenagers ahead caught Trace's attention and he saw the convertible spinning out of control. "What the......why-why did you do that?"

Rico watched as the car began to go crazy. He felt bad, of course, but at least it was spinning the other way..away from where he was. He breathed out a sigh of relief before he responded. "Can't you see for yourself-"

The car was definitely going haywire, but as it neared the Jeep it suddenly started to head towards the way. Before anyone could react, the convertible crashed right into the side of the Jeep, making it fall off the road and tumble into the woods.
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 7/2/2013, 11:38 pm

Kelsey watched the car as it approached rapidly. She just sort of stared at it, not entirely sure what to do. She looked over to Trace as Duncan called from behind them. She heard the seats squeak like he was shifting his weight dramatically. Oh my gods, what if he's climbing out of the car to escape? "Wait, what're you doi-" She turned around and to her surprise, he was standing on the seat.. with the gun in his hand. Her eyes widened, not this again. She jumped and covered her ears when he fired two shots. She turned back around to Trace, who was trying to get the keys into the ignition. He had dropped them when Duncan yelled but he seemed to be having better luck now. She uncovered her ears.

"What the......why-why did you do that?" Kelsey nodded in agreement. "Yeah, I-I thought we agreed no more gun." She looked out to the convertible. She heard screams of joy and terror mixed in with the thundering bass of the music they were still listening to. The car swerved and weaved back and forth on the road. She stared at it with concern, it didn't look like it was going to come near them, but it still made her nervous. She looked over at the ignition that Trace was still working on. She really hoped the jeep would start moving soon. She felt helpless.

"Can't you see for yourself-" That was the last thing Kelsey heard before the collision. Kelsey had never been in a car accident before. The first thing that happens upon impact is airbags. They shoot out really freaking fast, she learned, like faster than you could ever imagine. Also, they hurt real bad if they hit you. The last of its' force had caught the right side of her face since she was turned to the drivers side. She was pretty sure she was going to have a black eye and a swollen cheek or lip. And because of the way the convertible hit them, and how the road was slightly raised, the jeep started to roll into the forest. Rolling in a car is not like a corkscrew on a roller coaster, apparently. For a split moment she was severely grateful that they chose the jeep. It was definitely better equipped to handle something like this than the mustang they almost left in. But no car is impervious to being hit by another vehicle going like 70mph, not to mention that tumbling through trees is not generally the recommended use of cars.

The jeep rolled a good 35 feet away from the road, or at least that's how far Kelsey estimated. It rolled remarkably far for it being in a forest. The vehicle stopped on the driver's side, propped against a sturdy looking tree. Kelsey took a deep, shaky breath after it had finished rolling. The airbag was still all up in her space, but it was deflating. She pushed on it a little to try and help it, but it didn't seem to do anything. Now seemed like a good time for a little damage control. The front windshield was shattered, and the mirrors on the side of the car were gone. She couldn't actually see much from her spot, and the bag was just now deflating enough for her to be able to lean forward. It didn't matter all that much to her, though, she could always check that later. Now for the stuff of real importance.

"Trace!" She croaked. "Trace, are you alright?" She could see him in the drivers seat. She tapped his arm. She strained her neck to try and see behind her, in the search for Duncan. She didn't see him though, but at the same time she couldn't actually turn that far thanks to a sharp pain in her neck. She looked around the outside of the car hoping to catch a glimpse of the convertible, but that didn't have much luck either.

Kelsey started shifting in her seat. She suddenly really wanted to get out of the car. Were you supposed to stay in it until help came? She didn't care. She pushed the airbag out of the way as well as she could and unbuckled her seat belt. She caught sight of several small cuts that littered her arms and hands from the glass of the windshield. Well, getting out would be still be a problem. Maybe she would wait for Trace after all.

Last edited by Kimimae on 7/7/2013, 12:11 am; edited 1 time in total
    Haiden
    Haiden
    Retired Staff Member <3

Female

Post by Haiden 7/6/2013, 10:26 pm

Oh shi- Trace wished that wouldn't of been his last thoughts before the devastating impact. Why couldn't he have thought of something more..sentimental? He expected that he wasn't going to survive this once he saw the car coming towards them at incredible speed, he was certain he wasn't going to survive this. But he did. And that amazed him. What didn't amaze him was the sound of both the cars smashing together. Gods, if only he could forget that horrid sound..it didn't make him realize though that he was still alive. In severe pain, but still breathing. And that damn airbag. It felt like someone punched him really hard in the chest and all the air just sucked out of him. He was sure he was going to find a bruise somewhere from that stupid airbag. The impact following the noise made Trace whole body jerk to the right, as the car unfortunately crashed onto the same side that he was sitting on. The left side of his torso didn't get injured, it was just his leg that felt a little crushed from the car. Searing pain ran through the top of his thigh and down, but he would have to figure that out later. What he was strangely worried about during the whole catastrophe was if Duncan was okay. He seemed to have a quick change of heart and..well, attempted to save their lives..which didn't really save their lives, but at least he tried.

As if things couldn't get worst, Trace could feel jeep suddenly tilt and then finally make its fall down and tumble through the woods. This felt like hell. Trace didn't know why he did this but he instinctively held onto his head and buried his face into the airbag once they began to tumble. Oh gods, it made his head hurt but it spared him from severe injuries that he could of gotten...except for that damn glass window by him. It ultimately shattered once they hit the ground and he felt the spilling of glass cut through his arms and even the side of his face as it fell on him throughout the tumble. Just when he thought it would get worst..it didn't. Instead, the Jeep seemed to gracefully make its last roll and finally stop in the middle of the woods. Silence... Trace felt like he was in a daze as a wave of nausea washed over him from all that rolling..He looked up from the airbag to see that he was looking around the car in a sideways view. Damn it. Kelsey's voice finally came to his ears, at first a little muffled, but then finally at a clear tone. He felt her tap on his arm but he didn't seem to be able to move his head towards her much. He couldn't really move his body much at all.

Trace gulped before answering. "Y-Yeah..I'm fine. I'm fine." His voice was hoarse and weak. He was still trying to recover on what the hell just happened, but he knew he had to do one thing immediately: heal the crap out of everyone here. "Are you okay? Kelsey? Duncan?"

The moment the car hit the car, Rico blacked out. This was most likely because the car hit the side he was standing on and he unfortunately fell and hit his head very hard on the bar. Poor Rico.

Trace figured this would be a good time to get out of the car. The airbag was thankfully deflating and the side window was already shattered...could he get out? Trace moved his body a bit. Pain. Everywhere. ...Well then. It was a good thing his arms were still mobile because he needed them for healing. Trace set his hands on his left leg, which was bleeding quite heavily from the glass and car impact and concentrated. His hands started to glow a bit as he gripped tightly onto his leg until he finally felt that soothing ease from the pain. He looked down to find that the bleeding at stopped but there was still a nasty blood stain on his jeans. Oh well. Even if he was left with a scar, he would be fine with that. With the airbag finally deflated he crawled out of the window with struggle, but finally made it out. His eyes wandered over to the lifeless body of Duncan which was seemingly thrown out of the car and by the tree near it. .....Oh crap.. Trace leaned down into the now empty window from his side and held out his hand for Kelsey to grab. "Can you get my hand? I'm gonna pull you out."
    Kimimae
    Kimimae
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by Kimimae 7/7/2013, 12:58 am

ooc- sorry this is kinda short and pretty lame i just wasnt feeling the long posts tonight but i figured i better say something to get this show on the road

bic-
    "Yeah.. yeah. I'm good." She said, reassuring herself as well as answering Trace. "Duncan is MIA though." Or at least from what she could see, he was MIA. Kelsey watched as Trace healed himself. Somehow she had forgotten he cold do that. She was already relieved that he was okay, and the fact that he could heal himself only added to that. He seemed to handle moderate to severe injuries on himself quite well. Kelsey can look at blood and stuff on other people, but if something like that ever happened to her she would probably pass out.

When he was finished healing, Trace began to climb out the window. Climbing out of car windows must not be as easy as it looks in movies, she decided. She carefully slid down to the drivers seat, careful to avoid as much of the glass as possible. "Can you get my hand? I'm gonna pull you out." She situated herself so her legs hung out of the window. Lucky the glass was clear from this window, or maybe the window was down in the first place and was broken on the inside. Either way, it didn't matter to Kelsey. "It's cool, I got it. I just didn't want to climb over you trying to get out, so I waited." She used that little handle thing on the roofs of most cars to sort of be like a bar to balance her before she mostly just slid out of the window. It was slightly awkward and uncomfortable to pull off, especially with her new bruises and everything, and definitely something she didn't want to do again, but at least she was out of the car. She would've climbed out her window in the first place, but a few shards of glass were sticking up from it and she didn't want to try and move them. The front windshield was out of the question too.

She started coughing a little, just from all the dust and dirt around, and looked at the jeep. Wow, that looks a lot worse than she thought it would. She turned away before she thought about how bad it could've been. When she turned around, she found Duncan. He was rather limp and lifeless looking, casually laying by a tree, probably thrown out of the jeep sometime during the crash. She gasped and ran over to him, or well, sort of half jogged because apparently she was kind of sore, in a lot of places. "Duncan! Dude! Are you alright?" She knelt down next to him but paused, not knowing what to do. She grabbed a stick on the ground and poked him with it. Please don't be dead, please don't be dead... She was kind of slightly ok with him after he put the gun away. I mean after all, he was a normal person too, and well, he did try to help them... kind of. She lifted up his hand to take his pulse and let out a sigh of relief. He still had one, but this was probably more Trace's expertise. "We should get help... or help him... or something..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 4/27/2024, 1:35 pm