A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

From Fauna to Flora

JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female
    Number of posts : 199
    Registration date : 2013-05-28

From Fauna to Flora Empty From Fauna to Flora

Post by JosieWosie 7/7/2013, 6:26 pm

Somehow, the day had past by Ophelia, a few moments ago she was practicing in the area with a total stranger and now it was mid afternoon and she was still wandering about. Ophelia, intending on going to the mess hall, was sidetracked and ended up going to the camp library. To be honest, she had no idea the camp even had a library until she heard some girls from a grey cabin walk out talking about exchanging books from the library; naturally Ophelia followed the two girls and made her way to the old building.

Being a book lover, Ophelia took a deep breath of the old book smell, there was nothing like it in her mind, and she grinned. As soon as she took a second step she realized her sandals were making a loud clicking sound on the floor; looking around for a place to settle before the librarian had her thrown out for causing a disruption, Ophelia took long strides to the carpeted area where the bookshelves stood proudly. She dreaded each echoing step it took to reach the carpet and hoped she hadn't caused too much noise. Her old brown strap-around sandals looked nice with her summery coral blouse with light brown polka dots scattered around, accompanied with her once-white shorts. A morning at the dusty arena left her knee length shorts spotted with red-brown sand stains.

Happy in her new environment Ophelia walked around slowly glancing at the rows of titles. After making a few selections on global herbivores, the same books she had seen before on her father's desk, she took a seat at a wooden table built to seat four and placed her books down quietly. She always smiled when she read, not just because she enjoyed it, she did, but because it reminded her of the times her father would read his college books to her as bedtime stories; now when she reads she hears his voice and giggles at the thought of him making different voices for the different subjects. Just before turning the page to the chapter of herbivores native to North West America, Ophelia heard the door open and a clicking sound that echoed far too familiarly follow.

For a library, they make it very hard to walk in and be quiet.

She looked to her left to see who had entered; a blonde girl, a few years younger than Ophelia with a sad look in her eyes. Even from afar she could tell the stranger had a faded red around her eyes; probably from crying a while ago. Ophelia had a personality that made her very outwardly kind,and sometimes a little nosey, like she always needed to feel needed with others; it was one of her flaws. She tilted her head as the girl walked past and seemed to hide within the bookshelves next to her.

Concerned, and honestly curious Ophelia hoped the blonde haired girl would sit with her, she wanted to help comfort her, she felt it was something she needed to do. Without the sunlight, the slightly dim light that radiated from the bulbs above her head caused her light brown eyeshadow to lack the shimmer they would normally have as she looked up to smile warmly. She closed her book, but not before marking the page with a piece of scrap paper she found was left over on the table and locked eyes with this stranger.

"Hey, you alright? You look like you've had a rough time. This whole table is open if you want to sit down, although I'm not sure how interested you would be in Zoology" Ophelia chuckled a bit at the end of her offer, but she sounded genuine.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

From Fauna to Flora Empty Re: From Fauna to Flora

Post by Morgan Landry 7/9/2013, 12:28 pm

The training had finished early today, and Jana Kay had wondered what to do, sitting on her bunk. She had cried a little, but when Miranda, the cabin leader, had comforted her, she had stopped. It was always relaxing to have her siblings around her, and not only her siblings on the maternal side.
    With a sigh, Jana Kay thought about her family - her father, her stepmother An, and her two half-sisters, Sheri and Opal. Turning her head, she gazed at the pictures of them she had scotch taped on the back of her bunk. On one of them, it was her step mother and her father, smiling at the camera, her father having the usual twinkle of good mood in his green eyes. On another photograph, Sheri and Opal could be seen. Both had bright red hair and blue eyes, like An, their mother, and they grinned mischievously, as if they were planning on some mean joke.
    Jana Kay's heart melted at the sight of them. She longed to hold the two girls in her arms, to play with them and to run in the fields like they usually did, when Jana wasn't at Camp. Oh, how she missed them all. She wanted to call her father, right now. She wanted to tell him what was on her heart, what had happened... but she had no cell phone -- well, she had one, but it turned into a sword every time she switched it on, so it couldn't be used for phoning. She could ask one of her siblings, yes.
    However, when she looked up, she realized she was alone in the cabin. There was only Jenny, the little eleven-years-old newcomer, and she had no cell phone. She was lying on her bunk, sweating and exhausted after the sword fighting training. Jana Kay decided to leave her alone to rest, but when she reached the frame of the door, she wondered where to go.

Her first thought was to go and spend time with Lucy, her best friend, a daughter of Gelos, but she hadn't finished training yet. She had thought about James, but she knew it wasn't possible, not after what had happened at prom. She put a hand on her heart, as if she could stop the pain that had just erupted there at the recollection of him.
    Shh, stop Jana. Stop right there. Don't think about it.
    Hush.

She could try to find her siblings and spend time with them, but.... no. She needed other company. Perhaps no company at all.
    Why not going to the library? she thought. I could find an interesting book to read there.

Immediately, she exited the Demeter cabin and jumped down the stairs. She loved this pavilion more than any other building: grass and flowers grew on its roof like in fertile earth, and it was elegantly framed by climbing roses and honeysuckle who provided a bewitching fragrance that never seemed to fade away.
    The back garden was a unique orchard combined with a vegetable patch. As she crossed it to go to the library, Jana Kay picked three cherries from the cherry tree. She ate one, her teeth sinking into the juicy fruit flesh, and was about to eat the others when she noticed that they were two cherries attached together by their stalks.
    Smiling, she playfully put them over one ear like she used to do when she was little, and casually walked to the library on the carpet of fresh grass.

As usual, she had different shoes: one chuck taylor was dark green while the other one was bright yellow. Jana Kay loved mixing colors up like that.
    With them, she was wearing a pair of beige Bermuda shorts and her orange Camp-shirt. Her Camp necklace, of course, was around her neck.

Her long and thin blonde hair was gathered into a high ponytail, raining down her back; Jana Kay had hesitated to put her golden needle in them, but in the end, she had decided not to. Instead, she had put the needle in one of the pockets of her shorts and she was toying with it, making it twirl between her fingers. Since she had forgotten her sunglasses, she had put a green cap on her head, a cap she had bought at the Camp store. On it was written: 'Cabin 4 - Δημήτηρ'.
    The young girl loved that cap, it was one of her favorite garments.

Finally, she reached the library. There was almost no one. Of course, Achaylia, the daughter of Dionysus, was present: she always was, since she was the librarian.
    Then there was another girl with auburn-brown hair and a sweet face that was sitting at a wooden table with a pile of books. She was wearing a coral-red blouse with brown dots over a white-beige short. Noticing the stains on the short that looked like sand, Jana deduced she was coming either from the beach or from the Arena. Her slim feet were bound into a pair of strap-around sandals that suited her perfectly, the dark color of the leather putting the shade of her skin into value, making it look paler than it actually was.

As she closed the door, the girl looked at her, and Jana gave her a weak smile before gazing away. The light made her eyelids glisten and she realized she had put  discrete, but very suiting make-up. Not like some girls at Camp, especially in the Aphrodite cabin, who put so much make-up it was difficult to distinguish their face. Personally, it didn't bother Jana Kay. If they liked to look like that, it was their choice, and the young girl wasn't there to criticize other's opinions. (That was the children of Momos's job.) She accepted others, whatever their appearance may be, it was one of her personal rules.

The daughter of Demeter made her way noiselessly to a nearby shelf and disappeared behind it. After having looked at the books about Agriculture, her gaze running across the row of titles, she couldn't help but looking back at the girl, who gave her a comforting smile that warmed Kay's heart.
    It was apparently obvious Jana was having a hard time, for the young woman immediately detected it and told her so.
    However, her chuckle made Jana's lips curve into a sweet smile. Laughter was her cure, her favorite sound (no wonder her best friend was a daughter of Gelos, the god of laughter).

"Thank you," she said. "And even though Zoology seems absolutely fascinating, I'm mostly here because of Agriculture," she confessed. "It usually soothes me."

Putting a finger on one of books, she picked one: 'Permaculture: A Designer's Manual'. After having turned it over, she read the back cover with attention; according to it, it was about revolutionizing the modern farming and land use. Jana felt suddenly thrilled - like she did whenever there was something about agriculture, cereals or tomatoes - and opened a page at random. She stumbled across a chapter about strategies for dryland and read several paragraphs, a smile appearing on her face. She rapidly understood it was a kind of encyclopedia.

Thanks,mother, Jana thought. She didn't know whether Demeter had sent her this book, but she thanked her nonetheless. She always thanked, being a grateful individual.

However, she wasn't sure she would read the book right now. Suddenly, she wanted to speak with this girl -- after the egoism and tactlessness Jay and Jack had shown, this young woman seemed genuine and sincerely concerned. It would be a nice and refreshing change.

Putting the book under her arm, she went to sit down with the sympathetic older girl.

"What's your name, if I may ask?" she kindly said in a low voice, in order not to disturb Achaylia.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/9/2013, 2:42 pm

Ophelia smiled at the word Agriculture, it greatly reminded her of the way her father spoke, the young girl had spoken softly, it is the library, but the way she said "Agriculture" just left Ophelia with an honest grin. Thinking back to her father she wondered how his research was doing, she remembered their ongoing joke about how the loving botanist was searching for "a link between Pinguicula and Pinguecula" it was a common joke amongst his co-workers. Ophelia's eyes gleamed at the thought of her father and tried not to miss him as much as she did.

Ophelia, now glad to see the girl sit down at the table with her perked her head up a bit and smiled as she spoke.

"I'm Ophelia. It's actually my first day here; so seeing you with all the camp gear makes me feel more hopeful that this place is worth being away from family." She extended her hand over to greet her new acquaintance only to recoil slightly; without realizing she had forgotten to use a softer voice when speaking the librarian gave Ophelia an intentional throat clearing noise followed by a momentary glare and continued stamping books. She re-extended her hand to the blonde haired girl and pressed her lips in a sheepish smile.

Being a new camper, Ophelia was blissfully unaware of just how much this camp has lost over the years and had only witnessed the gains; such as cabins for minor gods. Some losses caused others to grow cold, others just more determined to fight for what they believe in. Ophelia was hoping she could make this fellow camper a little happier today.

"We can talk Agriculture if you'd like, or we can talk about something else, I'm all ears -" Intending on saying the young girls name Ophelia realized she hadn't asked. "I didn't even ask what your name was I'm sorry how impolite. Here, let me start over. Hi, I'm Ophelia; what's your name?" After making a few silly small loops with her fingers to represent rewinding a VCR, she re-enacted her introduction from moments before correctly and with a bright smile.

She looked happily at the girl before her and took notice of her ponytail; that's two people today I've meet with a ponytail, I should really give it a try sometime. Appreciating the girls hair, and being a fan of her own hair Ophelia, she couldn't resist running a hand through her locks. That was when she realized the girl sitting with her had mismatched shoes. Oh, oh my. They don't match. Does she know that? Of course she knows that, she put them on. But they don't match. Ophelia used near all her willpower to resist focusing on someone else's shoes. She wasn't a judgemental person, not in the least, but she abhorred when things didn't have an order. She was a perfectionist and resisted a cringe at the sight of her shoes, a shame because Ophelia was fond of Converse.

She realized that her perfectionism shouldn't derail her from the situation at hand, it would be selfish to say something about her shoes and ignore the fact she may want comforting. Pushing her inner wants aside, she held a positive and nurturing emotion on her face and hoped that whatever facial expression she might have not been able to resist would be overlooked and not hinder her conversation partner from speaking.

She glance up and saw the inscription on the cap, Cabin 4- Δημήτηρ. Ophelia was not able to read ancient greek on the spot but after a few seconds of blinking and focus she was able to understand that it was Demeter. There was never a greek mythology course in her school, but the literature course did include the Epics and in class she figured if she tried hard enough and broke down the words she could get it. That came before her powers, right around the end of seventh grade. Ophelia tried to recall all she could about Demeter when she realized Persephone was a daughter of Demeter.

I wonder if she already knows, like a sense or something, then again I didn't sense anything, I just read a cap.

Realizing once more, this was a topic for another moment, but nearly unable to contain her excitement, Ophelia widened her eyes and tried to keep her attention fully on the acquaintance before her.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/10/2013, 3:21 am

Ophelia.
    What a sweet name.

It made her think of John Everett Millais's painting 'Ophelia', Hamlet's Ophelia, a painting representing a beautiful young girl floating in the water. Or Rimbaud's gorgeous poem, bearing the same title as the painting. Even though she had read only a translation of it, since she knew little French, the images were vivid and beautiful.

There was music in the syllables, but her brain, which was programmed for Ancient Greek, immediately connected her name to the word οφελος , which meant 'help' in Ancient Greek.
    What a coincidence...
    After having been disappointed by two persons assuring her they wanted to help her, she came across a girl who looked perfectly kind and whose name was Help. And she really looked like a trustworthy person.
    A bright smile twisted Jana's lips, and the usual light of good mood appeared again in her green eyes, making them glisten with happiness as she showed her little teeth in the smile.

"Well, if you are new, then let me welcome you warmly to Camp Half-Blood!" she smiled in a low voice, making sure Achaylia wouldn't hear her, and shook her hand.

Her fingers were warm, and her handshake frank.
    The librarian had already shot Ophelia a glare because she had talked in a raised voice. Achaylia was not a maniac, but librarians were often very strict about silence -- it had been true for every library Jana had been in.
    But Achaylia was okay. Oblivious was five times worse. He would sneak up the third time one talked and throw him out without further explanation.
    Jana Kay watched her interlocutor pass a hand in her auburn-brown curls, allowing the light to make blonde highlights dance on them as they flowed through her fingers. She had beautiful, fair hair, she observed.

Ophelia's openness of conversation soothed Jana Kay; it was really relaxing to talk to her. She wasn't brisk, she had showed she had time and attention for the others, and an open heart. It was invaluable.

"Talk about anything else?" she chuckled. "Better not tell this some Athena children of my acquaintance. If you say that to them, they're gonna talk about the entropy of an isolated system or the principles of radiochronologic measures for endless hours," Jana winked. "Just as a side note."

She laughed at the loops Ophelia made in the ear and got an annoyed glance from the librarian, however, she didn't mind. And Ophelia's face was just priceless.

"Hello Ophelia, I am delighted to meet you," she replied with a great smile. "My name is Jana Kay Robertson. I'm from cabin 4, the Demeter cabin."

Well, she probably had already deduced it since she was wearing the signature green cap, underlined by the little cherries she had over her ear. And even if the name of her mother was written in Ancient Greek, she had no doubt Ophelia could read it; after all, every demigod here could read, understand and speak Ancient Greek. Jana Kay gazed at her eyes; they had a beautiful green-brown color and her irises shone in the light like a piece of soft velvet, adding to the gentleness of her appearance.
    Something about her made Jana curiously attached to her, even though she had met her a minute ago. It was something familiar, she must have met this often. Perhaps the chestnut color of her locks, or just the softness of her smile and the kindness in her eyes... Something about her rang a bell in Jana Kay's mind even though she had no clue what it could be.

She hadn't met her before, that was sure -- otherwise, she would've remembered her. If they hadn't met before, what was it? Suddenly, she realized, that her hair made her think of Demeter's.... She had met her mother only twice in her life, but her hair had fascinated her.
    But why did her hair make her think of her mother's? They had different colors and different textures, Demeter's was brown and silky while Ophelia's was auburn and velvety; in addition, Ophelia had curls and Demeter normally had straight hair.
    Now she thought about it, she realized it had something to do with her divine parent. Could it be Demeter?
    No. If it had been Demeter, she would've known it, because Ophelia would be staying at her cabin. And at Camp, the newcomers were introduced to the whole cabin when they arrived.
    Ophelia hadn't showed up at the cabin 4, so she wasn't one of her siblings.
    Well, they weren't twenty was to find out; she had to ask.

"Just a question -- who is your god parent, Ophelia?" she smiled.
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/10/2013, 12:42 pm

Ophelia giggled softly at the sound of Jana's laughter, it made the glance from the librarian worth it. Her laughter rang in Ophelia's ears; a soothing laughter that reminded her of the church bells on a crisp Sunday morning.  She swung her legs back and forth under the chair, something she did out of habit when happy, and proceeded to sway very gently in her seat, she couldn't tell if it was the ADHD and she just couldn't sit still, or if she was genuinely this happy to be sitting in a library with a near stranger.

It didn't feel that way, Ophelia felt she could trust in Jana Kay; unsure if it was because of the relationship between their godly parents or because Jana was genuinely someone you could trust, she was willing to let herself be an open book with the daughter of Demeter at hand.

"Jana Kay Robertson- ooh I like that, it rolls off the tongue" Ophelia smiled and continued thinking to herself; What else did I inherit from my mother? Well, I am terrified of voids, honestly its the idea of being alone. Ophelia deduced that as a daughter of Persephone she was scared of being alone because her mother was taken when she was occupied picking flowers alone in a field. Thoughts back to Jana she wondered what traits she inherited from her mother.  

"Just a question -- who is your god parent, Ophelia?" She stopped swaying, frozen up right, her feet caught hold, toes poking out of her sandals; enough to feel the slightly warm texture of the floor. She perked up, and widened her eyes with an ecstatic grin; She knows! Or at least has an idea.

Unable to calm her grin, allowing it to take control of her cheekbones and leaving small wrinkles around her eyes, Ophelia leaned slightly in to speak.

"My mother's Persephone." Pursing her lips as if she had just gave away a big secret Ophelia leaned back and with with widened eyes locked attention with Jana Kay's eyes. She felt almost silly, it's not like it was rare to be related to someone in camp; in fact, quite the opposite, most every camper was related to another in one way or another. She felt like she was making a big deal of something that to most would seem trivial, but to Ophelia if it could make someone even the slightest bit joyful than it would make her feel exuberant.

Intrigued with Jana Kay, she was dying to know more, about her, about her mother Demeter. She had never met her mother, she had seen only pictures or carvings, while beautiful in their own right Ophelia couldn't help but wonder if she even looked like her mother; a statue often can't tell you hair color or eye color. She felt like it was the first day in school, when everyone would meet new friends and greet old ones warmly. The stage of a relationship where you just wanted to know more and more, the similarities and the differences. Ophelia had meet some people who had some major differences with her and they could still be friends; to her, differences only made the relationship more interesting. She was soft spoken sometimes, this is true, and it probably aided the friendship that she didn't speak up as much as she could have, but she wouldn't have wanted to pick any fights to begin with anyway.

Ophelia took her hand and rose it above her head to the back of her neck and pulled her hair over to one shoulder. Her tassels bounced on her shoulder as she fumbled a second with her hair pin, adjusting them to match the opposite side now that her hair was moved. Satisfied, she tilted her head at Jana, making sure that her hair wouldn't fall out of place, and interlocked her fingers so she could fiddle with her thumbs.

Biting her inner lip slightly, she wanted to restrain herself from giving Jana a big hug. Ophelia learned around middle school that giving hugs to strangers, regardless of how happy you were was not really acceptable in society. It was weird. It came naturally for a girl without want, just the state of happiness was more than enough for her and being around Jana Kay somehow managed to bring out the emotions in her. At first it was concern for her as she entered the library; not new, she felt concern for most people she figured were having a bad time, but it was more intense, as if she just couldn't stand to see her upset; then it was now, knowing that Jana's mother was Ophelia's mother's mother it just blossomed happiness in her.

Don't be weird Ophelia, you just met the girl. I wonder if it would be like this with all the daughters and sons of Demeter. If they are anything like Jana, I'm sure to get along with them.

Returning to her attentive, less distracted state she smiled widely at Jana and reminded herself that this moment, right now took precedence over later.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 7/17/2013, 2:09 am

OOC: SO sorry for the long time no post! I crafted you a short post before taking the plane, I'm really sorry about the length D:

BIC: Jana had had a tough time not laughing at Ophelia's faces; she looked really funny with her wide eyes and pursed lips, and it reminded her of the grimaces Lucy would make to have her laugh. She was damn good at it.

Persephone...

Now Jana Kay understood why she had reminded her of Demeter. Ophelia was like her half-niece or so, being the daughter of Jana's half-sister Persephone.
    The young girl smiled widely at her.

"Well, I'm glad to meet another one of my close family!" she said in a chuckle. "You're kind of my half-niece!"

Seeing that Ophelia was quite older than her, the idea of being her half-aunt was just ridiculous and funny. Ophelia seemed so much mature than Jana! And not only because she was older; there was something reasonable about her, but mixed with a kind and gentle attitude... a really caring one. Jana Kay was so happy to have met her! There were loads of nice people at Camp, but people like Lucy or Ophelia just jutted out.
    Okay, she knew she had just met her, and thinking that was perhaps a bit too early, but Jana often had a feeling about people, a feeling about who could be friends and who wouldn't care. And with Ophelia, she had a damn good feeling.

Stroking the back of her books with her fingers, she grinned at her niece.

"You said you just arrived.... has somebody showed you round Camp already?" she asked.

If not, Jana could do it, and that would be amazing: first, she would take her to Rachel's cave, in order for her to have a good look at the Camp and perhaps even say Rachel a quick hello before going back down and to the stables -- horse riding, pegasus riding, who hadn't ever dreamed about that? -- then she would lead her to the Lake then to the actual beach, and after that, the strawberry fields!
    And why wouldn't they chill out at the Amphitheater? They could... or chill out at her cabin; Demeter cabin was known to be welcoming.
    And Jana could take her to the orchard and vegetable garden, she just loved to be under a pear or apple tree, lying in the shadow of it and closing her eyes to relax, a bottle of fresh orange juice next to her.
    Yes, that would be awesome!

And perhaps Jana could talk to her about James... she had a feeling Ophelia could really help her out with that.
    On the other hand, she didn't want to make her feel like a psychiatrist with her problem.
    But hey, she had to let her decide, of course. They could always remain here, but they wouldn't really be reading, now would they?
    JosieWosie
    JosieWosie

Female

Post by JosieWosie 7/21/2013, 9:02 pm

Ophelia contemplated on how much larger her family had grown in such a short amount of time. She had grown up with deep family values; trust and faith in family was critical.

Finding out Jana Kay was literally family was like Christmas morning for Ophelia. Ophelia realized she was matching Jana's smile. Being someone who thrived on the happiness of others, Jana was a joy to be around. Something about Jana just radiated happiness, even though she had walked in looking a bit upset there was a natural joy about her that Ophelia knew would shin brightly on any other day. Jana asked if someone had shown her sound the camp and Ophelia smiled sheepishly. “Umm..”

Recalling how she had been talked to by a cabin leader earlier today; apparently neither the camp director nor the camp activates director had much time today. He was friendly enough, and he was about to show her around when he got tangled in daily work and advised to adventure the camp on her own; of course cautioning  to stay out of the dark forest and promising a proper tour later. Ophelia figured he would forget, forgave him and was grateful for the attempt; it had seemed to her that the camp was blistering with work to be done, not all of it came off to be camp related, which pecked at Ophelia’s curiosity.

Thinking at what she had done today she moved her eyes to the upper right corner in thought preparing herself to mentally show off her detailed oriented mind. Let’s see, coming in a saw a big house, conveniently titled “The big House”, some fields, I saw the cabins, I got set up, walked around the mess hall, saw kids climbing, a small lake, oh and the arenas!

Ophelia perked up remembering what she had done for a good chunk of the day; recalling the clashing and swiping was all so much fun to her and Riley.  “I saw a good part of the camp, I think I saw all of it but it’s a pretty big camp-” Ophelia had turned her full attention to Jana and flashed a toothy grin in her direction as she spoke.

Looking at her she paid attention to her camp getup. It was cute, fashionable, her hat was adorable, and the camp shirt seemed to be very popular. Ophelia realized if anyone should show her the camp it must be Jana, to hear about the details of camp would be much more interesting than walking around thinking, ok that’s a cafeteria, that’s a house, that’s a lake. “but if you don’t mind I’d love to see it through your eyes you’ve probably been here far longer than I have.”

Looking away from her camp clothing the delighted lass took a glance at Jana’s eyes they were happier now but it reminded her of why Jana seemed so interesting; she had seemed a bit upset coming in.  “We can check out the camp together while we talk about whatever made you so sad, I don’t mean to be conclusive but you seem like you’d normally be really happy, I mean the camp spirit is enough to show that” speaking gently and happily she motioned her hands as she spoke to Jana’s clothes.

Ophelia was dying to know if there was any chance of her comforting Jana, what if she had a serious problem? It would be rude to only concern one’s self solely on their own issues without taking into consideration the position of others. With that in mind, she finished speaking knowing that whatever they did today it was vital to let the daughter of Demeter before her that her half-niece would listen to what she had to say. Smiling happily with certainty, Ophelia’s naturally round eyes found Jana’s once more after darting them a bit in thought and she suggested; “or we can talk first camp later, it’s really your call, I don’t have a schedule just yet so I’m free today.”

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 8/30/2013, 1:57 pm

Ophelia‘s voice was sweet and Jana Kay enjoyed listening to her. Her tune was lilting and always nice and cheerful. Cabins, Big House, arenas, lake, strawberry fields, climbing rock.... Yeah, those were the first thing one saw when coming to Camp. The young daughter of Demeter herself had went immediately after her arrival at the cabin number four to the fields, and she still spent a fair share of her time there, making the strawberries grow with the satyrs and several of her other siblings - that was by far one of the most fun things she had ever done at Camp. Moreover, like in every field, she felt at home. Sometimes she just wanted to lie down in the crops and watch the sky while the wind brushed her face along with the surrounding plants, making them softly rustle, and the insects chinked and buzzed around her, hidden in the poppies and cornflowers. Those moments felt like paradise to Jana, and she remembered her childhood in Fife, when her father owned several hectars of wheat and corn fields, together with a magnificent orchard and a vegetable garden.
    Now, where they lived - near the Loch Lomond in Scotland, next to Glasgow - they still had the orchard and the vegetables, but they had only two fields: wheat and oats. But Jana still loved to go for a run in them, together with Sheri and Opal, her two half-sisters. They would sprint until they lost their breath, and then they would lie down and watch the sunset until one of the two younger ones wanted to go home or fell asleep.
    Mentally slapping herself back into the present, Jana addressed Ophelia a friendly smirk.

„You‘ve seen pretty much everything you need to see, my dear niece,“ she said with a joking tone, „but you‘ve missed the beach and the Amphitheater. If you wish, I can make you re-visit the whole Camp, and then we can go for a swim at the beach - it‘s as you wish.“

The blonde girl started to really like the daughter of Persephone - most of her siblings looked gloomy, which of course didn‘t bother Jana Kay, but Ophelia reminded her of a spring blossom: colorful, sparkling and good-mood-generating. Besides, Jana really appreciated her concern about her and James, surely she could help her to see things differently and eventually reach a conclusion.

„We can talk while visiting Camp, if you want. Or I‘ll tell you while we‘re at the Amphitheater. At this hour, there is the theatre group who‘s preparing a play, but we can go afterwards - they should‘ve finished in twenty minutes.“

Smiling at Ophelia, she went out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/19/2024, 6:32 am