A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

The Courtyard

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male
    Number of posts : 739
    Registration date : 2012-11-23

The Courtyard Empty The Courtyard

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/4/2013, 10:00 pm

Oli walks out of his cabin, just waking up. That would be normal if it was a reasonable time of day, but it was around 3 in the afternoon. "Good job Oli..." He yawns as he walks out of his cabin. He was up late last night doing what a normal Athena kid does if they aren't asleep, and that was read. The summer sun blasted him with bright light, and he cursed to himself in Ancient Greek as he walked. Without a second thought, he found a bench near the Athena cabin, and sat down. It had actually been a couple of days since he'd been out of the cabin without a normal reason like eating, among other things. He kept to himself, and he promised himself that he would never go to the forest again, not after he got himself lost for 7 hours. That day was the worst. He almost gave up on life and decided to become a bearded hermit and live there for a while. As he thought back to that day, Oliver looses himself in thought, leaning back on the bench. Before he knew it, Oli falls asleep, his head leaning back on the bench, and he snores.

The Courtyard Empty Re: The Courtyard

Post by Guest 8/5/2013, 9:44 am

Aisling was sound asleep in the courtyard, her back propped up on the trunk of an Oak tree which offered refuge from the harsh sunlight. It was days like this that Aisling detested. It was sweltering hot outside and in her cabin. The beach and lake were both horribly crowded so that wasn't an option. Aisling was for crowds. She preferred to only be with a few people at a time; more than five seemed to give her anxiety.

Aisling had only emerged from her cabin because the cabin's other dwellers were being mean to her as usual. The girl always found herself being the center of bullies, especially from her cabin. She wasn't "goth" enough for their liking. Hell, she was anything but that. Other kids from her cabin didn't approve of that due to her god parent. Aisling didn't fill the stereotype and that made people angry for some reason. Aisling had come outside to escape, and the plan worked. It was as if her cabin mates were vampires. If the sun came into contact with their delicate, pale skin they would disintegrate into ashes or a pile of muck.

After wondering for a bit, Aisling found herself at the courtyard, sitting underneath a tree that offered shade from the blistering heat. It wasn't much, but it was definitely better than sitting out in the sun. Soon enough, the girl found herself asleep. It didn't last for long though, for a roaring noise filled the air every so often, waking her up. Eventually, the demigod sits up and looks around. It didn't take her long to find the source of the noise. It was coming from a boy who was sleeping on a bench. Aisling stands up and walks over to the boy and sits on the part of the bench his body didn't take up. Aisling looks at him and pokes him, wanting him to wake up.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/5/2013, 4:57 pm

Oli wakes up with a jolt. What was he doing again? Oh yeah, finally getting a life outside of books. He turns his head to see what had woken him up. "Huh? Oh, hello." Oliver says in a tired voice to this girl next to him. She was lucky he was a light sleeper, or else he would have just kept sleeping and snoring. "What do you need?" He asks.

Post by Guest 8/5/2013, 6:41 pm

"You were snoring loudly. It kept waking me up."

The petite demigod spoke with her quiet and cool voice as she positions herself so she was facing him. After a quick face check, Aisling decided she had never seen this boy before. She was usually really good with faces and rembering who's who. This guy didn't ring at bell at all. Maybe he just sat in his cabin all day, only going outside to eat, or not even? All the while, Aisling keeps a energetic grin played on her lips. The girl scans the boy with her midnight black eyes. He had dark hair and brown eyes; nothing unusual. Unusual was quite common at camp. A girl could have purple eyes or a boy could have naturally snow-white hair and both would be considered normal and possibly even bland by some real freaks of nature.

"Why are you sleeping outside?" the ever so curious girl asks the boy. Maybe it's the same reason I am...
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/5/2013, 7:37 pm

"I didn't intentionally fall asleep out here, I just kind of...drifted off. And sorry about the snoring, I didnt get much sleep last night, on account of me reading. I'm Oliver, nice to meet you." He explains, and introduces himself. Before he knew it, he was making deductions in his head as to who her godly parent was. He always was doing that, making deductions. "Blonde hair, but black eyes...." He mutters to himself. Most Aphrodite kids had blonde hair, but blue eyes....Who is her godly parent?

Post by Guest 8/5/2013, 8:15 pm

Aisling nods her head towards the boy, Oliver. The boy looked exactly like his story depicted. He had bags under his eyes and just all-in-all looked as if he hadn't seen a good night's rest in a long while. Aisling tries her best to appear friendly. It was about time she should make a friend here. It would be a good thing as well, for maybe someone would stand up to her cabin mates for her. Aisling didn't have the courage to do such a feat, but with more than one measly person by her side, maybe she could do it?

"Eh, you're kinda, uh, talking to yourself . . . seemingly about me . . ." Aisling says awkwardly, but then with a much more enthusiastic and happy tone of voice introduces herself. I'm Aisling, it's a pleasure to meet you as well!"
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/5/2013, 9:02 pm

"Oh, sorry about that. Well Aisling," he begins, sounding less tired than before. "If you don't mind me asking, who is your godly parent?" He questions. How old was she too? She seemed around his age. Maybe 15 or 16. This was the process he went through every time he met another half blood. She seemed friendly enough, so why not make a new friend? This could be a good experience. Since he didnt really quite get people, he could learn how to function without coming off as a goofy, way to smart, teen.

Post by Guest 8/5/2013, 9:13 pm

Aisling retains her smile as the boy apologizes to her. He was nice enough, much unlike most of the kids she knew. All of those kids were out to get her. Wait, what if this was all a plot? What if the boy was a friend of the others and this was a trap? The girl's mind goes into overdrive, thinking about all the possible outcomes and scenarios that could take place. Deep breaths. He isn't after you. Chill.

"Oh, uh, my god parent? Well, uh, he isn't really a god. He is a daimon. Epiales, the daimon of nightmares," Aisling sinks into the bench as she talks, for this was usually where the person she had just been acquainted with would ditch her. Not a creepy Underworld kid. No way. They would say to her, then leave. Aisling watches him with large yes, waiting for his reaction. Would he get up or would he stay? Aisling hoped he would stay, but she highly doubted it. No one ever wanted to be around her. She didn't fit the Underworld stereotype, but how was a person who just met her to know that? They weren't.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/6/2013, 4:39 pm

Oliver thought for a second. She didnt seem to fit in the the crowd of nightmare gods, or gods of death kids. "You don't really seem to fit in with the crowd of your siblings, and that's cool. Being unique, not following the crowd. I like that." He says. It was something he could never do, because all Athena kids were bound to be smart or another way of saying it, being giant nerds.

Post by Guest 8/6/2013, 11:26 pm

Aisling sits back up straight when she hears no ridicule. Thank the gods. Aisling looks the boy up and down before asking him a question with an obvious answer.

"Who's your godly parent?" the small demigod asks the boy as she spins around on the bench, her legs resting over Oliver's lap. She didn't intend it to be like, "hey, be my boyfriend" type of thing, but more like she just wanted to stretch. If he had an issue with that, she would just sit back up or relocate to the ground. Simple as that.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/6/2013, 11:31 pm

"Athena." He simply states. She put her legs on his lap, but he didn't mind. Maybe she was just stretching or something. Athenians were always nerds, so hopefully she wouldn't just leave him and call him a nerd, dork, or anything of that manner. He wasn't like his siblings, he was too "eccentric" as one of them put it, which was a nice way of saying he was a lunatic, a madman, or a highly functioning sociopath.

Post by Guest 8/7/2013, 9:47 am

Aisling knew better than to put people in a stereotype from a first glance. She herself didn't fit a certain stereotype and maybe this boy didn't either. The girl puts her hands behind her head, making a pillow, which was much better than laying flat on the bench. She looks up to Oliver and gives him an inspecting look.

"You don't seem like an Athena kid," the girl simply states.

Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/7/2013, 2:45 pm

"Really?" He asks. That wasn't what he usually heard. What he usually heard was "You're crazy." "Thanks, you don't really seem like an underworld kid. A lot less, gloom and doom." Oli tells her. Under world kids were always gloomy, especially that kid of the big three, Nico. He was always gloomy.

Post by Guest 8/7/2013, 11:56 pm

Aisling frowns. Taking in a shallow breath, she looks to Oliver.

"I try my best not to fit in with them. They hate me and try to murder me for it, but I am going to be who I am. No one is going to make me someone I'm not. Too bad they think the someone I'm not is the someone I am now" she mutters, her voice hinting towards a tad bit of sorrow. She just wanted one day without worrying about going to sleep and to never waking up again. She had woken up on days before with cuts that she did not have when she went to sleep. She knew the kids played pranks and hurt her, but there was nothing she could do about it. The girl turns her attention to her arm, the source of a fresh cut, encircling her entire arm and then flowing downwards to her elbow, then stopping. The cut wasn't very deep, but it was deep enough that it was going to make her already pale skin even paler in that area.

"These cuts and scars are all over my body. None of them self inflicted or in anyway created by me or something I did. All from my cabin mates and their tricks and whatnot. They want me to be like them, but I don't want to. Dammit! I don't want to!" Aisling shouts the last bit out. It felt good to let it out, and he didn't even care that she did it in front of a total stranger. She was on the brim of tears now just from thinking about those kids and their cruel antics.

"I...I'm sorry for that," Aisling says after a short silence. She tries her best to fight away the mental pain and the tears, and barely succeeded. She just wanted to escape it all. The problem was, though, that there was escape for Aisling. She had no home to go to. This life of abuse was the only life to her. There was nothing she could do to change it either.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/8/2013, 12:09 am

"Don't be sorry. And definitely don't be sorry for being yourself." Why would they do that to her. All these cuts from her own siblings? This didn't just make him angry, it made Oliver furious. People needed to cherish family, because you never realize what you have until it's gone. And that's what happened with his dad. Tears, they were about to flow from her eyes, something he observed when she talked. " He wanted to hurt them, make her siblings pay for what they did to her. "Give them a reason to hate you, or I'll give them a reason to hate me." He states.

Post by Guest 8/8/2013, 11:13 am

Aisling slowly positions herself so she was sitting upright, her legs now crossed underneath her. She turns her body to face Oliver, and manages to put a feeble smile on her face to try to mask the pain and the tears like how she had been do for so long.

"Oli . . . can I call you that? We just met like five minutes ago. You're not even my friend. You're just some kid who I found able to take my frustration out on. I mean, sure, I would like to become your friend, but for now, just leave those kids alone. You can't take them on. They're crafty and strong. And there are quite a bit of them. Don't try anything stupid."

Despite the gravity of Oli's voice, Aisling managed to laugh. The boy was getting so worked up over something that he didn't even, and couldn't even fathom. He probably never knew what it was like to live a life like Aisling did. Hell, her own father tried to shoot her! Well, then again, it was Aisling who shot first. But what if Oli did know what it was like? Or was he saying these things just to make Aisling cheerful for a mere second, before her mind goes into overdrive, thinking of outlandish reasons as to why he wanted to help her. That was Aisling for you.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/8/2013, 11:35 am

"Listen, aren't you tired of being hurt and picked on by them? I don't think you should treat family like that, and trust me, I know. I took my dad for granted, and then tossed around the world like a football. My family despises me, that's why I made a new family with my siblings here..." Oliver sighed and laughed a small bit, but not like a genuine laugh, more like a sad laugh. He sighs, then picks up his normal and cheery attitude. "I suppose you're right, I shouldn't do anything brash." He says with a grin.

Post by Guest 8/8/2013, 11:54 am

"Listen. These kids aren't my family and never will be. I don't want to be associated with them in any way at all." Aisling says, her head hanging down, looking at the ground. She wanted to get off the subject as soon as possible, but she knew that it wasn't going to happen. The girl lets out a sigh and leans her head on Oli's shoulder.

"I want it to go away. I do. I want to be a family with them, but from what I've learned, family is a bunch of people who eventually ditch you for personal gain. Family. Most kids find comfort in the word. I find fear and sorrow in it."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/8/2013, 12:13 pm

Oliver saw she was done with this topic, it probably brought up bad memories. She didn't seem the person for conflict or fighting, and she seemed too nice to hate them. "You know...For what I know about you, you don't deserve this. You're too nice of a girl for this. Those gothic underworld kids in your cabin are jerks." He simply puts it. They always kept to themselves, but he never knew they would do something so messed up as cut and scar a girl in her sleep.

Post by Guest 8/9/2013, 11:25 am

Aisling looks up and smiles at Oliver. The girl wished it was always going to be like this, but it wasn't. Soon enough Oli would find something wrong with her that he didn't like and ditch her; just like every other person she got somewhat close to. Aisling wanted it to stay just like how it was now. Oli was something of a friend, but the demigod knew it wouldn't last. She knew it would happen. It was inevitable.

"You're the only person who's ever said something like that. I can tell that you'll be wishing you never said it though."
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/9/2013, 1:54 pm

"Why would I wish I didn't say it?" He asks, puzzled. It's not like anything bad would happen just because he said a couple of words to her. "And if I'm the only person who said something like that, then there's something seriously wrong with the rest of the campers." Oliver tells her.

Post by Guest 8/10/2013, 9:33 am

"Because that's what other kids say when they find out something about me that they do not like," Aisling says quietly, turning her head away from Oli. She had an idea about what he would despise her for, but she wasn't going to say anything. She wanted to this friendship to maybe last.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/10/2013, 2:10 pm

"Just because you have a little flaw doesn't mean someone can just abandon you." He says. Hell, half of his family did that to him on his way here, so he wouldn't do it to someone else, that was for sure. "Friends are supposed to stick by your side no matter what."

Post by Guest 8/12/2013, 10:06 am

"I guess I've never had a real friend then," Aisling says quietly, starting to choke up again. Come on, hold yourself together. The demigod didn't know how much longer she could go without just letting it all out. She didn't want that to happen. Oli would probably start to hate her as well. She didn't want that to happen, not at all.
    Oli_Paxton
    Oli_Paxton

Male

Post by Oli_Paxton 8/15/2013, 2:10 am

"We'll then, I'll be a real friend to you, that okay?" This girl had been through enough crap in her life, so why not help lighten it up a little bit? It's not like he would just up and abandon her. True friends stick together, no matter what, and that's exactly what h was gonna do.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 11:19 am