A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Just something I started

krichey1
    krichey1

Female
    Number of posts : 663
    Registration date : 2013-01-14

Just something I started Empty Just something I started

Post by krichey1 9/7/2013, 5:56 pm

Prologue

"John Singer, slow down!" I yelled as he tugged me through the woods behind a house on the outskirts of Lincoln City, Oregon. "Where are we going?"

"I want to show you something."

"Can you at least slow down a little? My feet are going to pop off if they get caught on something again."

"Sorry 'Manda. But we can't slow down if you want to get there on time." His blonde hair bobbed around his head. Momma said he needed a haircut, but I liked it.

By the time we stopped, I was breathing hard and my hair fell out of the bow that held it up. My parents were old-fashioned, insisting I wear my hair tied with ribbon as they did when they were kids. The only thing they'd let me get away with was jeans and shirts. It an odd combination, ribbons and jeans, but I made it work.

We were standing in a clearing. At the edge, making a circle, was six stone chairs. Each had its own emblem carved smoothly into it. Looking closely, I saw that four of the emblems represented the four elements: fire, water, earth, and air. The other two were perfectly blank.

"Did you do this?" I cried in delight. I read a lot of books, but my favorite ones had Element Users in them.

John shook his head. "No. I found them here. They were covered in moss and vines, but I cleaned them up a bit. Then i saw the marks and wanted to show you right away." He knew of my fascination with the elements. I constantly showed him the different symbols that stood for each of the four. He picked on me and told me I should be the Controller, the user of all four elements.

"This is amazing." I traced the fire mark on one of the chairs. "I wonder what the blank ones are for." I said looking at him. His blue eyes glowed with anticipation. That was the difference between us. He inherited our mother's heaven blue eyes, while I got Father's field green ones.

I didn't realize how late it was until I looked back at the chair and saw the orange-red glow rising up to meet the emblem. As the light hit it, the emblem started glowing red. Glancing at the others, I saw the same thing happening. Soon, the four chairs glow with different colors; green, blue, red, and white burned bright as the sun went down. The two blank stones were ablaze with all four colors of the others. As I watched, the colors seemed to form a sphere around me. Entranced, i touched the circle and it seemed to responded to my touch, flowing into me. As the lights faded, I heard a scream.

I turned in time to see John floating away, as if the wind had taken him prisoner. I screamed his name, but it was no use. There was no way for me to help him now. I couldn't fly to rescue him. He was simply... gone.
    That was the last time I ever saw him. Until now.

Last edited by krichey1 on 9/8/2013, 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Just something I started Empty Re: Just something I started

Post by Bell 9/8/2013, 9:10 am

It is an interesting story, Krichey!
    However, I would like to know more about the background! The main charrie's name, their family name, their ages, their hometown, and other things. This is not an order, but I think the story would be clearer if you add some more details! Great job.
    krichey1
    krichey1

Female

Post by krichey1 9/8/2013, 10:27 am

Thanks so much!! Ill add that in.
    Josh
    The Genius

Male
    Number of posts : 3580
    Registration date : 2012-08-07

Post by Josh 9/8/2013, 12:42 pm

Its nice, but with what Bellion said, you don't even necessarily need to add those details.
    You could write the most incredible story, without ever giving the main charrie's name, stories do it all the time. Don't necessarily give another character a name, objectify them. Though, you'd tend to do that with a female character (Im not sexist, but think Of Mice and Men - Curly's Wife, etc)
    Still, just add more detail, develop it.
    Keep going.
    krichey1
    krichey1

Female

Post by krichey1 9/8/2013, 5:45 pm

thanks!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content