A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

+4
hamlin11fan
Holly
Alyssa
Morgan Landry
8 posters

Space Dementia

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Space Dementia Empty Space Dementia

Post by Morgan Landry 9/12/2013, 4:32 am

Ew, what an icky coding, I thought as I beheld the character form of Morgan Landry, one of my characters. I was taking advantage of the fact I was alone at home to take the laptop up to my bedroom and surf on camphalfblood.org, the RP site I was most present on, and right now, I was looking at the form I had made quite some time ago for my character Morgan, a daughter of Hecate.
    Looking at all the weird, asymmetrical boxes that contained the character form, a disgusted expression twisted my mouth. Was I really the one who had coded that insult to HTML?

Unfortunately, I was.
    Now I was a bit better, I really had to ask Daniel or one of the other admins to let me re-code it. That thing just looked horrible.
    Leaving the topic, I browsed the other character forms and found Laure's, which was the first well-coded character form I had done on here. Yes, this looked good, I thought as I gazed at it: it's organized, clear, there are pictures... That is indeed nice.

Checking my watch, I realized it was already about 10 pm; my parents and brother were off on a two-day vacation, but I was staying at our home with my cousin David, who was four years older than me. He was performing a work experience in Berlin, yet today, he had decided to go out. I had the house all to myself, yay!
    Yawning, I stretched once, dressed in a white shirt and my regular pair of black trousers, then sat on my chair, barefooted.

Let's look at Lakisha's form, there must be some improvement to do as well, I thought and fought my way through three pages of character forms in the approved section.
    It indeed took me some time to find it, but finally I clicked on it. The topic opened and I made another disgusted face - dear god, why did I post such ugly things?
    At the base of the screen, on my Mac, an application started to bounce. Frowning, I put my mouse on it without clicking: 'The Generator', so it was called. Probably another thing my brother had downloaded onto the computer, he did so with many applications. Even though I wondered what it was for, I let it bounce without opening it; I was too busy looking at Lakisha's ill-coded form. I double-clicked, wanting to open a spoiler, when I realized that I had left my mouse on the 'Generator'-application thingy. Oops, I thought, and moved the mouse, but suddenly, the whole screen went blank.

"Hey, no," I told the computer.

A single message appeared on the now-white screen:

"Hey, no, stop this," I told the screen, "I don't wanna generate anything!"

I started clicking wildly, trying to close the message, but there was no red cross thing to close it. The generating circle continued to turn around.

"Stop it!" I said, growing stressed as I made the final decision of shutting my Mac down. I pressed the on/off button on my keyboard, but the computer wouldn't obey - I pressed the button again and again, nothing happened.
    At that precise moment, the message changed.

Hewwww, I thought, relieved. Done. It was finished. Now the computer would perhaps want to obey me.

"Where in my mother's name am I?"

I jerked around on my chair at the sound of the voice.

And my heart skipped several beats.

In front of me stood a tall, skinny young woman with fair, dark auburn hair and a haughty look on her face. The light of the lamp in my bedroom made her extremely pale skin glow faintly, like it were a piece of fine china.
    The woman looked about a year or two older than me, but she was garbed in very fine, elegant - and probably expensive - clothes: a pair of white Roberto Cavalli trousers with a white classy shirt, her thin waist wrapped in a fine black belt, and a black tie loosely hanging around her slim neck.
    She looked around the room with a slightly disgusted expression, and I understood her. My bedroom was small and untidy. My bed occupied most of the space, and it wasn't done: the sheets were creased, the duvet opened and the pillows flattened. However, her mismatched blue and green eyes glistened as she saw the two Muse posters that hung on opposite walls.
    She was even more beautiful than Anna Speckhart, the face claim I had chosen for her.
    Yet I wasn't sure it was her.

"Lakisha Bellamy?" I croaked in a low voice, my throat drier than you could imagine.

The haughty young woman turned to look at me and gave me an arrogant look.

"Do I know you?" she asked in a down-looking manner.

I coughed, almost choked by my own surprise.

"Wait, you - you - are ... indeed... Lakisha Bellamy? Lakisha ... Deirdre ... Cohen-Bellamy?"

A film of sweat spread on my face. My hands started shaking.

"I am," Lakisha frowned.

I closed my eyes, my hands trembling more and more. It isn't true. This isn't true, don't worry, I told myself. Facing the still computer, I realized another message had appeared without me noticing it.

"What?" I whispered, coughing again, my hands shaking.

I grabbed the laptop and closed it forcibly.

"Stop this!" I hissed before my voice broke. "Stop it, just stop, just stop, please just,just stop, please just stop, be a nice computer, just, just stop."

"Excuse me, but what exactly are you trying to do?"

"SHUT UP!"

Lakisha's eyes widened; she wasn't accustomed to people shouting at her, but right now I just didn't care. I stared at the computer, both my hands clutched on its silvery surface, as if I was afraid it would open by itself.

After a time, Lakisha turned her head and gazed around the room again, but I didn't notice she was actually staring at something.

"You are Jana Kay Robertson... aren't you?" I heard her ask.

My heart dropped as I spun around. On my bed, a lost look on her face, sat a young girl with long blonde hair and green eyes. She was wearing a a blue shirt that said 'Real men wear kilts' over a pair of white bermuda shorts and green flip-flops.

"Yeah, and you are Lakisha, right?" the girl asked with a smile, her Scottish accent quite obvious when she pronounced the 'r'.

"God, no!" I murmured, holding onto my wooden desk for stability.

The blonde girl frowned and stood up.

"Are you feeling well? May I help you?"

I didn't reply. Pulling the laptop open, I saw another message.

The percentage changed constantly: 33%, 33,5%, 34%....
    The blonde girl walked a step closer and put a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, you're all pale. Are you sure you're feeling alright?"

I didn't answer, because at that moment, the percentage reached 37,5% before changing to 38%. I wouldn't have noticed anything if Jana Kay hadn't frowned and looked around spasmodically.

"Victoria?" she asked with her signature Scottish accent.

"Effin' hell, here we go," I whispered, closing my eyes.

But I soon forced myself to open them again and to look around.
    Next to my bookshelf, at the end of the room, stood a fourteen-years-old girl with dry blonde hair. Her cheeks betrayed her young age, but her grey eyes showed a maturity I probably didn't possess. She was wearing a T-Shirt printed with a large oval, itself filled with a mishmash of colored dots that looked like pixels: yellow, red, blue, green. Her grey jeans were covered with hand-written equations and chemical formulas.
    She was frowning, but it wasn't aggressive, more a disturbed one.
    I frowned back at her and looked her up and down, when suddenly, I realized I recognized that image on her shirt.

"That's... that's the Universe's first light," I whispered, pointing at her shirt. "Planck... first light survey."

"You know that?" she asked, more surprised than anything else.

"Yeah," I murmured, nodding.

Victoria was staring at me, but I didn't look back. My gaze was lost somewhere in the dark red carpeting that covered my bedroom's floor.

"Do you like astrophysics?" she inquired a few moments later.

"It interests me," I shrugged, my voice a bit absent. "And I subscribed to a scientific magazine when I was younger, Cosinus. Taught me some things."

Victoria seemed ready to start talking, when she asked the question that was probably circling in all three girls's mind.

"Who are you?"

Geez. I looked up from the carpeting only to meet three pair of intrigued eyes.

"I'm called... Flo," I replied.

"Flo?" Victoria frowned. "Is that even a name?"

"Nickname, I presume," Lakisha casually said, crossing her arms.

"People call me that way, and I prefer it to my actual name," I articulated in a dull voice.

"And may I ask how we came here?" Lakisha continued in a cool voice.

"And why?" Victoria added.

Hell, if I knew that.

"Because before I came here, I was in Bordeaux, with my half-brother Justin and my friend Jason," she continued. "I don't know if it ever happened to you, but it's extremely annoying to be disturbed when being with friends. Okay, it would've been worse if you had disturbed me while I had been solving equations."

Yeah, that was typically the Victoria I had created. Equations. Formulas. Functions. Derivates. Physic laws. Theorems.
    Wait a second - half-brother?
    My face grew even paler as that thought started forming in my mind and giving birth to other, related thoughts. I slowly fell back on my chair.

"Flo, what is it? Are you sick?" Jana asked and kneeled beside me.

I didn't reply.
    It hadn't totally occurred to me yet but -- these girls were demigods. All three of them.

All four.

"What the... Wut? What is this room, can somebody...?"

Red curls, thick sheet of freckles covering her face and arms, arrogant green eyes, short stature, Ed-Hardy shirt, military trousers and aggressive jaw, Chiara Moreau had appeared. She was standing right next to Victoria, but she was facing the wooden door of my bedroom.

"What is this?" she asked. "Who are you people?"

Victoria snorted, rolling her eyes. Jana looked up and smiled.

"I am Jana Kay, I... I think we met. At Camp."

Chiara frowned, seemingly in an attempt of remembering the face, then shrugged.

"Probably." She looked at Lakisha and made a face. "Yeah, I remember you," she said with a disgusted face.

"Oh really?" Lakisha replied with a smug expression. "I don't. I have no idea who you are."

Chiara rolled her eyes, looked at me, then at Victoria.

"But you two, never saw you."

"Victoria practically never leaves her cabin," I whispered. The way I RPed her, she spent most of her life indoors, calculating and performing experiences.

"How do you know that?" Victoria immediately questioned, a low frown on her brow.

At that moment, a boy appeared, standing on my bed. A strikingly handsome one. Elegantly garbed in a pair of classy white trousers under a wine-red, long-sleeved buttoned shirt, he wore pointed Italian shoes and a flat, rectangular obsidian pendant strung on a silver chain.
    His sand-brown hair was lightly messed up, and his blue eyes scanned the room.

"Excuse me... where exactly am I?"

"I'd like to know this too," Lakisha replied.

"Lakisha! What a delightful surprise," the young man said as he jumped off the bed and went to kiss her hand.

"Hello, Ian," she lazily replied.

Wait -- Ian?
    This guy was Ian? The genderswapped Irene Adler I had created for Jim (aka Loki Laufeyson)?
    If I hadn't been in shock, my mouth would've dropped down to my carpeted floor.

The man was hot.
    Alex Pettyfer? Forget him. Johnny Depp, make room, move out of the way, Ian is here. Apollo? Never heard of him.
    Unfortunately, he was aware of his dashing good looks. It was readable in his every movements.
    And of course, he didn't even look at me, all his attention was set on Lakisha. Which, considering Lakisha's body and face, wasn't that much of a surprise.
    Even to me, she was the most beautiful girl I had ever spotted.

But then appeared a girl I immediately recognized.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/13/2013, 10:58 am; edited 4 times in total
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Space Dementia Empty Re: Space Dementia

Post by Alyssa 9/12/2013, 9:28 am

Ohhh I love this!!!11 please continue!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/12/2013, 11:47 am

OOC: Thanks Cowgirl :3

BIC:

I recognized her because the first thing she did was look at Ian and give him a flirtatious smile; she gazed around once and I could see her violet-blue eyes, before she turned her attention back to Mr Adler.

"Where am I?" she asked him in a delicious voice.

Victoria and Lakisha stared at her incredulously, Chiara looked the girl up and down with distate, Jana Kay smiled, but not mockingly, and I was either way too dumbstruck to do anything else but blink.
    I had in front of me, dressed in an airy cream-colored skirt and mauve top, thick honey-blonde hair falling upon one shoulder, Laure Dornois.
    When I caught a glimpse of her face, I realized that Alice Taglioni, the face claimed I had taken for her, quite resembled her in the outcome. She was of course younger (she was 16 and Alice Taglioni was what, fairly over thirty), but there was still a resemblance.

"I don't know this either, milady," Ian replied in a flirtatious tone, even though it seemed almost mechanical. He was probably thinking if there was anything to get from that girl, to manipulate her.

"Berlin," I croaked.

"What?"

They were all looking at me. Lakisha, Chiara, Jana Kay, Ian, Laure, Victoria. Six pair of wide eyes.

"You are in Berlin. The capital of Germany."

They looked at each other.

"This is a joke, right?" Chiara asked.

"Why, don't you like Berlin?" I immediately replied.

I was slowly recovering from my shock, even though I still couldn't believe what had happened. Besides, Chiara's arrogant voice irritated even me.

"We're in Berlin? Oha, nice, my home city!"

All eyes moved to the corner of my bedroom, the only one I couldn't see because Lakisha was standing in front of it in my sight range. She moved aside as she turned around; when I saw the girl, my hands started shaking again and my face became crimson.
    She had long, brown hair, a quite curvy figure, and brown eyes. I had the impression of looking into a mirror. Of course, she was slightly more muscled and her eyes had a kind of green-shimmer, but all the persons in my bedroom looked from her to me in astonishment.
    She looked like me. Exactly like me.
    And I knew why: I had based this character off me.

"Morgan," I quietly stated, looking at her.

The girl laughed, which released some of the tension in the air.

"Man, I knew that there existed some girls who resembled me, but I had never met one in real life! What's your name?"

"...Flo," I replied, rising from my chair.

Jana Kay rose too, ready to catch me if I fell, but I smiled her away.

"Flo? Flo as in 'Florence' or Flo as in 'Flore'? Or 'Florentia'?"

"Man, know what, just call me Irene."

"Irene?" Morgan frowned. "Why Irene? It has nothing to do with Flo."

Burying my face in my trembling hands, I mumbled "Forget it" and sat back on my chair.
    Wait a second....
    I looked up again.
    Morgan, Jana, Victoria, Laure, Lakisha, Ian, Chiara...
    Where was Nico? He had yet to come!

Turning back to my computer, I opened it again, only to see:

What? Where was Nico? Technically, he was still a character of mine - even though I hadn't created him. How come the generating was completed and he hadn't come out?
    Perhaps it was because only original characters of mine came out. Or because I had not (yet) made a form for Nico. But the first option was the most realistic one in my opinion.
    But hey... what about Jill? Technically, she was the second character I had created, but I had made her leave Camp. She should be there too. But she wasn't.
    Perhaps only 'current' characters were generated.
    Aaaaaah, too many hypotheses.

In the background, I could hear Laure flirting with Ian (this girl really made everything eve out of the most peculiar situations), who in return was showing her pictures on his camera phone and Jana, talking with Morgan. As I turned my head, I saw that Victoria had found my collection of scientific magazines and was browsing one while Chiara cleaned her fingernails with one of her throwing knives, and Lakisha stared out of the window, a distant expression on her coolly beautiful face.

Seeing I was staring at them, Morgan and Jana Kay looked at me. The rest didn't alter their behavior.
    I beckoned the two to me, who immediately came over, squeezing their way between my bed and Chiara, who was leaning against the wall, right next to my Muse poster.

Standing up, I moved to them. My eyes took Jana Kay's sweet expression in before drowning into Morgan's face -- my own face. Raising a trembling hand, I touched Morgan's shoulder, then her cheek.

"Flo.. oh, sorry, I mean, Irene..."

"You can call me Flo, I don't mind. I just don't like my first name."

"Okay, er, Flo, what... How... Why are we here? All of us?"

I looked into her - my - brown eyes.

"I have absolutely no idea," I articulated.

"You have no idea?" Lakisha frowned as she turned to face us. "How come? If you weren't the one, who made us come here? I was just returning from the archery training and heading towards the Lake when... when.. suddenly I was.. here. In this icky room."

"Calm down, this is my bedroom," I told her. "I know yours look better, but please, be a little courteous when you are at others's."

"I know my manners, little girl," Lakisha replied with authority, and I caught myself recoiling. "But politeness doesn't prevent people from opening their windows, now does it?"

She had a point. I hadn't opened my windows today and well... you probably know yourself the way it smells when you don't open them. Besides, I really needed to pass the vacuum cleaner.
    Satisfied, she drew back. Our argument had caught the attention of Chiara, Laure and Ian. Victoria was still unshakably immersed in her scientific magazine.

"But you know what's going on, right?" Jana said, hope resonating in her voice.

Now even Victoria was looking at me. All of them - all my characters - were staring at me, which made me uncomfortable, but I sensed I had several things to say.
    Taking a deep breath, I started.

"First of all, no, I have no idea what is happening here. I... I was just..."

I looked hopelessly at Morgan, searching for assistance, but then I decided to say everything.
    So I started.
    I told them I was a roleplayer on a site called camphalfblood.org (everybody except Laure frowned), that I had characters with which I roleplayed, and finally, I told them about the Generator application, tonight.

"Wait a minute." Historical moment, Victoria had managed to look up from a scientific journal she hadn't finished - yet. "You are implying that we - all of us (she made a circling gesture with her finger)- are your characters?"

"I am not implying it. I'm stating it as a fact."

Everybody, even Jana Kay, was staring at me as if they were trying to decide whether I was drunk or mentally ill.
    That attitude annoyed me, and I beckoned them to me.

"I'll prove you."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 9/14/2013, 1:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female
    Number of posts : 10415
    Registration date : 2012-02-21

Post by Holly 9/12/2013, 12:43 pm

Wow. I'm speechless.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 9/14/2013, 7:00 pm

Make more!!!
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/16/2013, 11:58 am

All my characters circled up around me; even Ian and Laure stood up to come. I opened my laptop again and when I saw the black screen, I clicked several times to test, then understood that the computer had finally obeyed me and was turned off. After having clicked the on/off button, I patiently waited for it to switch back on - there was an awkward silence during which my computer re-started.
    Finally, the screen showed the background image (a galaxy) and Victoria couldn't resist the impulse to tell us its exact name and how many light-years it was away from us. Her remark drew surprised and annoyed glances, but nobody commented.
    I started Safari, which I preferred rather than Google Chrome, and entered the link: www.camphalfblood.org. It redirected me to T-Online Navigation help (something from the German Telecom).

"What?" I mouthed, closed the tab, opened a new one, and rewrote the link to the RPG site.

Again, it redirected me to the Online Navigation help.

"Apparently it's not working," I said. "There must be some intern problem, or the Internet is bugging."

But the Internet was doing fine. I tried another Percy Jackson RPG site, a French one, but nothing happened.

"Percy Jackson?" Jana Kay asked in her sweet voice, reading over my shoulder. "Why are you looking for him, do you know him?"

I jerked around.
    Of course... they all knew who Percy was.

"Wait... Percy the son of... Poseidon."

"Yes. You're looking for him?"

"Don't," Chiara said, "He's a complete jerk, I have to agree with Clarisse on that point."

Ignoring her remark, I carried on.

"The one who defeated Cronus."

"Don't say the name!" Lakisha said, her mismatched eyes wide.

"He exists."

"Of course he does! How come you know him?"

I felt dizzy. My thoughts became clouded and I had no idea what was going on anymore. It was all too surrealistic.

"Percy... shouldn't exist. Percy is a fiction. Percy is the hero of a novel," I stated, even though I didn't quite know whether I was talking to them or to myself, trying to persuade myself of my own words.

"What?" Lakisha asked, frowning. "Percy exists, of course. What the hell are you talking about?"

I pointed my finger at her.

"Wait two minutes."

I looked back onto the computer and wrote 'Percy Jackson RPG site'. The results were various RPG sites, one or two Harry Potter ones, a Game of Thrones, and one Eragon, but the others were mainly based off movies or books I didn't know.

"What the hell...?" I whispered.

My fingers were shaking when I wrote 'Percy Jackson Rick Riordan' into the Google bar. The first website I saw was 'Welcome to the Online World of Rick Riordan!'
    It was Rick Riordan's writing site, and I gratefully clicked on it. At least he hadn't disappeared. I scrolled through the site: the Khane Chronicles, 39 clues.... But where was Percy Jackson?
    Sweat started dampening my forehead as I entered 'Percy Jackson' on the search-bar.
    The result was immediate: Found 0 pages for "Percy Jackson".

"Excuse me, Flo, but what exactly are you trying to do?"

I spun around, standing up.

"Percy Jackson is a fictional character. He's the protagonist of a series of book - two in fact - written by Rick Riordan (I pointed on the screen). He wrote five books for the first series: The Lightning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle Of The Labyrinth (everybody safe Laure and Morgan exchanged looks) and The Last Olympian. Then, he started another series: The Heroes of Olympus. The first novel, The Lost Hero, deals with Jason Grace (Laure's eyes widened), Piper McLean and Leo Valdez. In the second book, Son Of Neptune, Percy appears again, but with Frank Zhank and Hazel Levesque. And finally, in Mark Of Athena, all seven demigods, with Annabeth, (this time, Victoria perked up) are reunited. The series is not yet finished - wait, I'll show you."

Walking over to my book shelf, I started looking for my French books of Sea Of Monsters, Battle of the Labyrinth and The Last Olympian - I had read a part of The Last Olympian just yesterday and had put it back just here! Where the hell was it?

Then I remembered I had lent The Lost Hero and Son of Neptune to a friend of mine. Immediately, I took out my phone and called her - at first she didn't answer. Then, she finally did.

"Hello?"

"Hey, I'm sorry to call you now," I said in French. "but I wanted to know when you could give me my books back."

"Your books? What books?"

"But... Son Of Neptune. And The Lost Hero."

There was a short pause.

"Flo, you never lent me any book. Are you sure you phoned the right person?"

I closed my eyes.

"Yeah, I ... I - Well know what, you're probably right. I'm gonna ask Rebecca. See you. Kisses."

With that I hung up and fell on my bed more than I sat on it. My face was crimson.
    The Percy Jackson books weren't existing anymore. And when I looked up at my characters, I understood it was because they had come out - while they were out here, Percy Jackson's mythological world existed.
    The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Guest 9/16/2013, 12:39 pm

H-8 (HEIGHT??) IS THE ONEEEEEEEE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/16/2013, 12:57 pm

Wow. Takes my breath away
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/16/2013, 2:52 pm

Unsustained wrote:H-8 (HEIGHT??) IS THE ONEEEEEEEE FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    IT HELPS ME COEXIST WITH THE CHIIIIIILLL (this is Lakisha's theme song)
    And it's 'height' ^^.

Thanks Zach and Hamlin!

P.S. Chris, you should take Charles the Robot as your profile pic ;D just saying, seeing your new username
    Amy Pond
    Amy Pond

Female
    Number of posts : 1835
    Registration date : 2012-02-06

Post by Amy Pond 9/21/2013, 2:37 pm

You must write more!! This is fantastic.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/21/2013, 3:52 pm

Thank you =) I'm posting more soon!

Post by Guest 9/21/2013, 8:11 pm

This.....
    This.......
    I have nothing to say.
    I'm speechless.
    I've daydreamt about things like this.
    This is amazing.
    More.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 9/23/2013, 11:54 am

"So, where are the books?" Chiara asked with an arrogant sneer that drew me out of my thoughts.

Lakisha was staring at me with a piercing neutral look, and Chiara still had her insolent smirk on her lips, which I found quite irritating. Victoria was frowning, but there again, she had hardly had an other expression ever since she arrived. Jana Kay and Morgan were gazing at me expectantly, like Ian and Laure, although she had spotted my collection of minerals, on my chest of drawers and was looking at them with intense interest.

Why the hell didn't I make a character that could read into other's mind? At least so they could know I wasn't lying nor getting mad. Why didn't I create a character like that?

Ah yeah. It was against the rules.
    Damn rules.

I should've done it nonetheless, or at least having written it somewhere in the character forms with font size -1 or so.

But it was too late for that now. I stood up and looked at them. My face was still crimson and I could feel the hot blood flushing my cheeks.

"The books may have disappeared," I started, "the website might not exist anymore... but my memories are still present. And I'm going to show you I am no liar."

I turned to Lakisha.

"You are Lakisha Deirdre Cohen-Bellamy, daughter of Khione, goddess of snow and ice. You are eighteen and the chief counselor of the Khione cabin. Your second-in-command is Jea Snowe, who is thirteen years old."

I was about to carry on when I realized it might be better if I said it quietly in her ear. What I had been about to say could've cost her many things... besides, Ian was a first-class-manipulator. He had no feelings whatsoever for Lakisha, and I didn't want to give him a chance to get at her. Lakisha may be a superior-acting, arrogant young woman, she was still my character and I didn't want her to be shunned. Somehow, I liked her.

So I stepped closer, and beckoned her to me, getting into a corner of the room.

"You are thieving for the group Velocity along with your best friend Spencer Marx," I whispered in her ear as quietly as I could.

She may not be touching but somehow I felt her tense up suddenly. She looked into my eyes, her face paler than usual.

"How do you know?"

"You are my character," I replied with an enigmatic smile, before turning to Laure.

"Laure Auriane Dornois. Daughter of Aurora, the Roman goddess of Dawn."

"A Roman?" Chiara screeched and grabbed the throwing knife with which she had been cleaning her nails. She was about to throw it at Laure when Morgan and Ian stood up, taking her wrists and forcing her to let go of her knife.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you," I stated. "Laure, you are in the Second Cohort, at Camp Jupiter, and are in a relationship with Lindia, daughter of Trivia, ain't I right?"

"... You are, but how...?"

"Of course I am right," I cut her off and looked at Ian.

"You, Ian Adler, are the son of the goddess Ate, and are perhaps one of the most manipulative persons of all Camp Half-Blood. You deeply value your friendship with Jamie Moriarty, your partner-in-crime, but more so the one with Sherry Holmes," I added with a knowing smile.

Ian had feelings for Sherry, I knew it -- of course, I had made him that way.
    I didn't push any further, besides, it was obvious he had understood what I had meant by it.

"Victoria Laroche-Guyot, daughter of Athena. You have no friends except Jason Duke and Justin Stewart, your boyfriend and half-brother."

"We are not dating," Victoria quickly mumbled, her face flushed.

"You are soon enough, though," I replied, waving her comment away. "You are a girl with an extremely wide range of knowledge as far as sciences and philosophy are concerned. You want to become an astrophysicist later and you can think in the fourth dimension."

Victoria looked at me as if I just punched her in the gut while Morgan and Lakisha looked at her with wide eyes.

"The fourth dimension?" Morgan asked. "I recall my maths teacher told us that there was a girl who could do this, but... I never thought you could ... do it too."

The daughter of Athena slowly nodded. Lakisha and Morgan turned and looked at me as if they might be on the verge of starting to believe my crazy story.

OOC: I'm stopping here for today but more is to come tomorrow.
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 9/23/2013, 11:57 am

....I have read literature of the immortals
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Post by Bell 9/24/2013, 6:48 am

This is marvelous. I LOVED THOSE MESSAGES SPOILERS!

Post by Guest 9/24/2013, 6:26 pm

!!!Amazing!!!
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female

Post by Alyssa 9/25/2013, 10:57 pm

This is sksmdndjsm it's so good I don't know what to say.
    Neqi
    Neqi

Female
    Number of posts : 84
    Registration date : 2013-09-23

Post by Neqi 9/26/2013, 12:41 am

omg crying I love this.
    hellaxya
    hellaxya

Male
    Number of posts : 471
    Registration date : 2013-05-22

Post by hellaxya 10/2/2013, 3:01 am

This is perfection omfg
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/2/2013, 5:00 am

OOC: Thanks so much guys :3 So kind of you!

BIC: I gazed back at Lakisha and Morgan with a smile. I tried not to look sufficient, because it would be rude, but I couldn't help but give them a smirk, even though my mind was still continuing to wonder how the HELL they had made it into my bedroom. What was that generator thingy? Where did it come from? Did the other members of camphalfblood.org got to meet their characters too?

Oh my gosh.
    Oh my gosh.
    I thought about all the persons on CHB who had psychopath (or wanna-be-psychopath) characters. I remembered how Prophet always asked if somebody wanted to RP with his 'new half-insane assassin character Kevin' on chat box. Or Eric, who had a wanna-be-insane character, Oblivious. Or worse, X, of whom no character was designed to be sane.
    On the one hand, I felt a bit hilarious because I had always despised that type of characters without depth who were thought to be creepy (and in fact, weren't at all), but on the other hand, I couldn't help but think 'Poor them. Poooooor them.' If, of course, they had met them too. I didn't know yet.
    Suddenly, I loved myself. The closest I had ever come to making an insane character was when I had created Lakisha, because she had a very, very light kind of schizophrenia. Sort of. But it is nearly invisible, only for those who know her well (>>me<<). And if my characters were to be considered dangerous, then it wasn't because they are insane. Insanity is cliché and overused. (A completely sane character who does horrible thing but is persuaded he or she is in the right, now that's a good one, although I'd never do it.)

"Flo? What about Morgan, Chiara and me?"

Jana Kay's lilting voice drew me back into reality.

"Oh, yeah, sorry. Got... carried away... by thoughts."

As always, my accent poked through as I spoke English, which irritated me. I turned to Jana Kay.

"You - Jana Kay Joyce Robertson - are fourteen years old and the daughter of Demeter. You're father, Damian Robertson, is married to An Mackenzie, and you have two little sisters, Sheri and Opal. You have a... weird relationship with James Blues, son of Triton, but don't worry, it's working out soon," I added with a wink.

Turning back, my eyes wandered to Chiara then to Morgan and back to Chiara. Which one next?
    Chiara. Let's keep the best (Morgan) for the end.

"Chiara Letizia Moreau," I started. "Or should I say... Chiara Letizia Lupustrelli?"

Her eyes widened.

"Yes, your father's last name was Lupustrelli, but your grandmother's name is Vinciguerra, right?"

I hadn't even stated that in her character form. I had just said she was called Chiara Moreau, but I had never talked about her stepfather's last name.

"So you are the daughter of Ares and of Andréa Moreau, whom.... you don't really like," I smirked.

"That's about right," Chiara mumbled.

"You are excellent at sword fighting, knife throwing and archery. Shooting with your feet, congrats," I nodded. "Last year, though.... you messed a bit around, didn't you?"

I was referring to the months where she had barely come home, going off on her own, getting drunk in random bars and wandering about in bad company, constantly getting into fights.
    Chiara frowned.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Messing around is kind of her normal state," Morgan commented with a friendly wink.

"I'm not getting into details," I told her. "But I know why you did it."

Chiara straightened her back against the wall, raising her freckled chin in defiance.

"Oh really? Tell me why?"

I realized Chiara had never talked to anybody of her friends about her stepfather's death. Perhaps Namir, Jordan's character, but I wasn't even sure about that. I got closer to her and spoke into her ear, hiding from Victoria (she could read the words off your lips).

"Ton beau-père est mort dans un accident de voiture l'été dernier," I whispered in French, so Ian and Lakisha wouldn't understand.

It meant: 'your stepfather died in a car crash last summer'.
    The blow came so quickly I didn't realized it at first.
    A painful blow in the face, done with the closed fist.
    It hit my left cheekbone and send me stumbling against my bed. Chiara was glaring at me, her green eyes reflecting her inner fury and a snarl distorting her mouth.

"I don't care who you are," she shouted. "But never talk about that! You b*tch!"

I looked at her with incredulity.
    Did she... did she just punch me?
    Tasting blood in my mouth, realized there was a little wound in the inner of my cheek.
    Everybody was looking at Chiara, and the daughter of Ares stormed out of the room.

"Somebody follow her and prevent her from breaking the house down!" I immediately said.

"I got this," Lakisha sighed and excited the room, catching up with Chiara.

I wasn't really worried about Chiara, but I knew she wouldn't hesitate to kick and break some of our furniture. We also had several paintings, one or two my parents brought back from Turkey... if they were to lay shattered on the floor...

Either way, I had faith in Lakisha, if somebody could keep Chiara in check, it was her.

Finally.... I turned to look at Morgan... Me.

"You are Theano Efthimia Minalkis," I whispered. "Daughter of Hecate and of Alkinoos Minalkis. Your boyfriend is Zachary, the only known son of Zeus."

Morgan started trembling.

"Your Quest.... Ended well. Thanks to you, Zack, and Hammer."

Suddenly, a new thought struck me.
    Zachary... Zachary, the one who had created Zack and Hammer... and Nigel...and Roy. If the site didn't exist anymore... did he even remember we were friends? If the site never existed, then we would never have met!
    Feverishly, I turned to the computer.

"What is it?"

"Two seconds, I have to check something," I told her in French.

I logged into my gmail account, then scrolled through my contacts, looking for Zack's email address. It was nowhere to be found. Cursing, my heart dropping in my chest, I open Skype and log in.
    All my CHB contacts were gone: Asi, Josh, Chris, Bell, Shan, Shaya, Christian, Chris Shay, Dexter, Falcon, Weasel,... and of course, Zachary and Josie (JosieWosie).
    I felt like crying.
    Zachary was my best friend, we called each other brother and sister. He was one of the people I had absolute faith in, I could tell him my whole life and he could do the same. I had helped him through some of his hard times, and he had done the same for me. He just couldn't be gone like that. Our friendship couldn't be gone.

"Are you alright?"

According to you?
    I buried my head in my hands and sobbed.

"Hey, Flo, what is it?"

I shook my head, waving Laure away. I wanted to be alone for a moment, but I couldn't send my characters out, so I stood up.

"Please excuse me for a second," I whispered, "I'll be right back."

Still shaking with sobs,I excited my room and turned left into the bedroom of my parents. I felt like lying down on their bed, but couldn't bring myself to it. I always felt wrong lying down on the bed of somebody else, apart from my brother's (his bed is just the definition of comfort and epic).
    I went to the window and leaned against it, tears blurring my surroundings.
    Closing my eyes for some seconds, I tried to calm myself. I still knew Zack's complete name, I still had his address on my phone - wait.  I rapidly checked - yes I did.
    So I could still send him a letter or so..
    And write what? 'Hey Zack, it's Flo, you've probably forgotten me, either way, I'm your best friend, and here's my email address. Shoot me a message!'
    Yeah. Better not.
    I would probably just stalk him .... where? On Facebook? I would have to re-activate my account, but Zack was worth it. Yeah, I might just do that.

Movement outside the window attracted my eyes and I wiped them with my fingers to get a better vision.
    It was my cousin David, who was coming back from I don't know where. His sand-brown hair shone faintly in the moonlight, and he walked with casualty in his slim jeans and blue shirt. I wanted to wave at him, but then realized there was something moving behind him.
    It looked like a boar - yes a boar. I may live in Berlin, but we have boars and foxes that come out at night and have a stroll in my area of the city (We live near a forest). Once, my brother came back at 4 am and had to wait fifteen minutes because there had been four boars in front of our house.
    I wanted to yell at David to do something, to get back in the house at once.
    But then, the animal came into the light of the lamp in front of my neighbor's house, and I realized it wasn't a boar. It had shiny black fur, dark red eyes which were shining like charcoal, and a row of disgusting, shark-like teeth covered in filthy saliva. My heart seemed to stop beating.
    My immediate thought was: 'This must be the Hound of Baskerville.'

"Morgan!" I yelled.

Several seconds later, my character burst into my parents's room.

"What is it?"

Without a word, I pointed at the Hound of Baskerville, which was still following my cousin.
    I felt Morgan take something out of her pocket.

"A hellhound," she whispered. "Wait here."

Wait. That was a hellhound?
    That was a hellhound?
    Without a word, Morgan ran out of the room, calling my other characters. About twenty seconds later, all of them came out of the house (I was still in my parents's bedroom, gazing out of their windows and could see all of the scene).
    Morgan and Chiara were the first ones to attack. Morgan had a blazing whip in her hand and lashed out at the hellhound. It hit its large neck and the hound howled. All my characters circled around it; I didn't see what happened, because at that moment, another hellhound none of us had seen lurked forward, closed its toothy jaws around my cousin's left ankle, and disappeared in the shadows.

My cry of grief and pain echoed, then rang in my ears long after I stopped screaming.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 10/2/2013, 9:53 am; edited 1 time in total
    Holly
    Holly
    Role Playing Legend

Female

Post by Holly 10/2/2013, 9:27 am

Wow, this keeps getting better and better!
    Bell
    Bell

Female
    Number of posts : 1653
    Registration date : 2012-04-23

Post by Bell 10/2/2013, 10:11 am

I've been dreaming about this since I started reading the Heroes of Olympus series...and you just made it real.
    Thank you very much. It is very, very entertaining.
    What's up with the formal words, anyway? xD never mind!
    THIS IS AWESOME, MORGAN. GREAT JOB!!
    hellaxya
    hellaxya

Male
    Number of posts : 471
    Registration date : 2013-05-22

Post by hellaxya 10/3/2013, 9:48 pm

WAIT! I have a question. What if his became like a series type thing, like everyone has their characters come to life (who ever want to write a story) and in each story they try to figure out like what to do and stuff, sort of like what our reactions would be? Its kinda like what ou were talking about in the story

Woah.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 10/4/2013, 1:30 am

At the end of this story, I invite the other members to write what it had been like to meet their characters. You kinda spoiled the surprise

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/6/2024, 3:13 pm