A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

The Possessed Buffet

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

The Possessed Buffet Empty The Possessed Buffet

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 9:03 am

Since it was fall, the darkness crept quicker over the sky, but it did not bother Jana Kay, of course not. The young daughter of Demeter was presiding the buffet with Karissa, one of her siblings.

Good feelings had been blossoming in the young girl's heart ever since James had asked her to the dance; she had been even more kind and happy than ever, hugging her siblings and friends, giving them spring flowers even though it was fall, and cracking jokes every few seconds. Everything was just working out fine. James had asked her to the dance, and even though he was still dating Autumn, Jana Kay couldn't help but feel elated, like she did when he had kissed her at first. The fourteen-years-old had also gone to Nyssa, from the Hephaestus cabin, to ask her to 'alter' her weapon a bit, and she had got it back a few days ago: now she could use her phone separately from her sword, and she had been phoning and texting her family and friends back in Stirling, Scotland. She had been exchanging texts with her father, mainly snapping pictures of themselves while making funny faces and sending them to each other, with an indication of where they currently were and what they were doing. Like - hey, dad, look what archery training's like here! and an image of her squinting and sticking her tongue out with her bow.

The Halloween spirit had affected the whole Camp - fortunately. Jana was just in love with that feast. The Demeter cabin had led a contest of who would make the biggest pumpkin grow; Jana Kay hadn't won, but she was quite proud of her seventh place. They had carved faces in their pumpkins, and Jana had made a laughing one with only one tooth, before putting a tea light in it and positioning it on one of the tables at the Mess Hall.
    The whole cabin had been decorated for Halloween: they had made poison ivy grow on its sides, crawling around the door and windows, pumpkins decorated the roof along with Venus flytraps, and 'hot chocolate' callas dotted the grass around the cabin. They had donated some pumpkins to the other cabins so they too could have fun; the majority had taken them appreciatively, but soon enough, a pumpkin fight had erupted between the Hermes and Ares cabin. It had been pretty difficult to retrieve the pumpkin from the head of Sherman, a son of Ares.

Later that day, the Demeter cabin had overthrown and colonized the kitchen of the Big House. Of course, normally the nymphs brought the food, but today was a special day, and since all the children of Demeter were natural cooks and loved to express that ability, they had decided to make the Halloween buffet.

Buffet which Jana Kay worked at right now.
    She was wearing her Hogwarts costume of House Hufflepuff her father had bought her two years ago (which explained why it was only ankle-long instead of foot-long), and even had a 'wand' she had carved out of a piece of wood she had found in the forest the day before.
    To her, the buffet looked amazing. There were eyes made of white and brown chocolate, chocolate cupcakes with white and black icing depicting the face of Jack Skellington, entire trays of sweets, muffins decorated with chocolate skeletons, licorice bats and spiders, marshmallow ghosts, 'witch fingers' which were merely rolled sticks of green almond paste set with almond slices for the fingernails and raspberry coulis to mimic blood. There were some 'healthier' treats, like 'apple bites' (quarters of apples shaped like gaping mouths and set with chunks of almonds so they looked like teeth), oranges arranged like jack-o'-lanters, with funny faces, but filled with fruits (cherries, apples, raspberries, raisins, apricot slices, peach chunks and peeled pear squares)... oh, and of course, Jana Kay's own little masterpiece.
    She had taken a small seedless watermelon and peeled it carefully to take off the green rind entirely, but not the white one. Then, she had sliced off the base so it would not roll away, drawn lines on it with a toothpick, lines that resembled the folds of a brain, and carved into those lines with a kitchen knife in order to let the red fruit under the white rind show. It had been the best watermelon brain Jana Kay had ever did - and she had made loads of these, at her home in Stirling.

It looks like this:

There were some warm snacks too: little round pizzas decorated with molten cheese to mimic mummy straps and chunks of olives for the eyes, for example, or bone-like sticks of bread.

James hadn't picked Jana up at her cabin, since she had been near the dance floor all day, helping to arrange it with the Hephaestus cabin, but they had decided to meet at the buffet at six pm, just when the dance started.
    The Dance floor was really awesomely decorated: spiderwebs were hanging around (that would freak the Athena children out), automaton-skeletons popped out from behind pillars or heavy curtains to spook Campers, jack-o'-lanterns and black candles were on every table, coffins served as couches, the chairs were designed to look like an assemblage of bones, and black automaton spiders and bats moved around between the decorative skulls.

While handing around cupcakes and sweets from the buffet and giving Campers glasses of blood-orange juice (passed of as blood, of course) or tangerine juice said to be pumpkin juice, Jana Kay kept an eye on the growing crowd for James.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 11/2/2013, 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female
    Number of posts : 8666
    Registration date : 2012-03-11

The Possessed Buffet Empty Re: The Possessed Buffet

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 10:06 am

It's been a while since I had met with Jana the last time and I couldn't wait for the dance to come.The days passed really slow but all the preparations for this night had me busy most of the time.It was really hard to find a costume but since I had always loved Harry Potter I knew exactly what I was looking for.Even though I didn't manage to find a costume,I had bought the signature blue and silver scarf and tie of Ravenclaw,a wizard's hat and a wooden wand from the Hecate's cabin.I also found a robe,which I put on over a pair of black jeans and a grey pullover.I had also died my hair green and had put on red eye contacts.As I walked out of the cabin,I saw my reflection on a mirror and couldn't help but laugh.I was hilarious!I grabbed a cape instead of a coat to complete the outfit and ran out towards the mess hall.I knew Jana would be there since she and her siblings were preparing the buffet all day so I didn't bother stopping by her cabin.

As I arrived,I stood in the shadows to admire the dance hall.Low lights,pumpkins with scary or funny faces - even a monster statue from something that looked a lot like human body parts!They had really done a great job.My eyes travelled over to the buffet,where I spotted a lovely daughter of Demeter handing glasses with blood to campers who were admiring a watermellon brain.I walked quietly behind her since her back was turned to me and covered her eyes with my palms."What is such a lovely lady doing here,all alone?"I purred in her ear
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 11:21 am

Jana Kay smiled widely as she felt two hands covering her eyes, and James voice whispering into her ear.

"Spooking people, of course," she said, grabbing his hands and turning around to face him. "Come and join me!"

She gestured at the buffet, taking herself a muffin decorated with the face of Jack Skellington, biting in it with delight. She felt its sweet substance cling to her teeth and had to pass her tongue on them several times to make them go - nothing was worse than smiling when you had chocolate or salad stuck between your teeth. Personally, Jana had always laughed at it, but now she was with James, she had an inner battle: on the one hand, she wanted to look as good as possible, and on the other hand, she simply did not care as long as she had fun. She gave in for the second solution.

Taking two random drinks, she gestured for another one of her siblings, her half-brother Charles, dressed up as a zombie, to come and take her place. He nodded and came over, giving Jana Kay space with James.
    The daughter of Demeter gave him one of the two drinks: cherry gelatin mixed up with a lemon-lime sparkling beverage. Bubbles crept up the vivid red liquid, which made it look like carbonated blood. Jana Kay kept the other drink, a fresh lemonade with skull-shaped ice cubes.

"Cheers," Jana laughed and took a sip of her own drink.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 11:34 am

I nodded and drank my juice,which didn't taste aweful.I couldn't help but smile at how adorable Jana looked,some chocolate from the muffin on her nose and upper lip.I looked down at her,chuckling as I realised what she was wearing."I knew you were a mind reader!"I teased her and laughed as I pocket her hat with my wand."What a cute Hufflepuff!"I exclaimed and grinned amused,moving a bang of green hair out of my face
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 11:44 am

"Or you just copied me," Jana Kay teased him.

She extended a hand and messed his hair up.

"I didn't know Ravenclaws had green hair.. nor red eyes," she added, noticing his red lenses. "You look awful," she grinned, teasing him more as she took another sip of her drink.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 11:58 am

I rolled my eyes at her and bit her finger playfully."I'm a special case,remember?"I laughed and messed her hair a little."You just love my hair,no matter what color they are,don't you?"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 12:08 pm

"Oh yes, a very special case," Jana added. "How did you manage to escape the asylum?"

Just this talk with James made her feel happy; she felt.... blooming. She could've thrown her arms around him and dragged him on the dance floor, where they would've danced rock'n'roll till the end of the night. But what about Autumn? The Halloween dance was the kind of party everybody would attend, except a handful. And she bet Autumn was not among that handful.
    Perhaps James broke up with her.
    She did not want to know.
    She just wanted to enjoy herself and laugh with James.

"I hate your hair," she teased him. "I want to cut it off every time I see it," she grinned.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 12:18 pm

I gasped at that."You did not just say that!"I laughed and picked her up,throwing her over my shoulder as I headed to the dance floor."And for my revenge....You'll dance with me!"I said triumphantly
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 12:25 pm

Fortunately, James and Jana had put their half-empty glasses on a nearby table, so that when James threw Jana Kay over his shoulder, there was not any spilled drinks on the floor.

The daughter of Demeter wriggled in his arms.

"Let me down!" she laughed, drumming on his back, careful not to hurt him. "And I don't want to dance with you, that is a horrible punishment!" she continued, half-choked by laughter.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 12:38 pm

I smirked and wrapped my arms around her waist,pulling her close to me as the song changed."Oh,but you will"I whispered in her ear and twirled her around before pulling her close again
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 12:42 pm

James set her down and pulled her close. Jana Kay shuddered at the sudden closeness, seeing all the details of his face, that beauty spot on his cheekbone, his slim eyelashes, that little scar on his lips and his azure-blue eyes, before he made her twirl around once, then pulling her close again.
    Jana smirked.
    She took both his hands:

"I might perhaps make the nightmare yours, then," she whispered in a chuckle, and started dancing rock'n'roll with him, not knowing whether he knew how to dance it, but determined to find out.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 1:03 pm

"Dancing with you could never be a nightmare"I laughed as I followed her steps easily."You are beautiful"I let out as I observed her smiling face,which made me blush slightly
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 1:26 pm

"You think it is not a nightmare because you never danced with me!" Jana continued, but blushed way more than him when he told her she was beautiful.

Like, was this real?
    Did he actually tell her that?
    She didn't know why she should be so surprised.... James had even kissed her, not so long ago, when he had asked her to the dance.
    Still, she made no reply. Perhaps she just hadn't a funny comeback, and she didn't feel like saying 'And you are not!'.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 1:47 pm

I smiled softly at her and kissed her forehead."What's wrong,little pumpkin?"I asked and moved a strand of her behind her ear
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 1:52 pm

"Little pumpkin?" Jana laughed. "I have been called Wheat Girl, Cherry Blossom and Scotland's Flower, but that is the first time anybody called me Little Pumpkin!"

She hugged James in the middle of their rock'n'roll dance.
    As he kissed her forehead, she fought down an urge to kiss him on the lips. It just was not the good moment. Just no. Even though she was tempted. No. Not the right moment, not the right place.

"And you dare ask me what's wrong?" she continued. "Hey, you are forcing me to dance with you! You think it's a pleasant experience?"

Ahh, how she had missed teasing James, every now and again... It felt good to be able to do it again.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 2:02 pm

I laughed and nuzzled her hair as the music changed again to some slow melody."EW!Who chose the DJ?!"I shouted but laughed."It's Halloween!"I answered to Jana and grinned."Aww,I know you enjoy it!"
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 3:50 pm

The DJ was a son of Apollo. Logically.

"I guess that's Diego," she said.

The son of Apollo had a nasty bruise on one eye, like somebody had smashed a basket-ball in his face... or it was only make-up. Either way, it seemed to be vanishing slowly, thanks to ambrosia and/or nectar.

Jana Kay messed James's hair up more.

"Am not!" she smirked as they continued to dance.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 4:01 pm

"Are too!"I insisted and kissed her nose,licking the chocolate that was still there."Mhmmmm....Tasty..."I teased and grinned at her
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 4:18 pm

Jana Kay sniffed like cat as he kissed her nose.

"Did I have chocolate on my nose? Tell me I had chocolate. Otherwise it's creepy."

She answered his grin with a smirk and a playful smack on the shoulder.

"Better keep dancing, Plankton," she finally laughed.
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/1/2013, 4:31 pm

"It was chocolate,but you are indeed tasty"I laughed and turned us around as the music turned to rock again
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/1/2013, 6:42 pm

Jana Kay watched him.

"That was creepy," she retorted, laughing, as they resumed dancing rock'n'roll, Jana adding some acrobatic rock'n'roll moves in it.
    Alyssa
    Alyssa

Female
    Number of posts : 2055
    Registration date : 2013-03-08

Post by Alyssa 11/2/2013, 2:22 am

Autumn walked through the double doors into the Halloween dance. She walked towards the food table and took a cupcake with a skull on it. She started eating it and looked around. She looked at all the couples around her and James hand t even asked her. She sighed. She partly only came to see if James was here. She looked around she spotted him in the corner of the room. With JANA KAY! The nerve of that little girl. She walked towards her with her cupcake in her hand. She was raging. Why was James here with another girl? She walked up to Jana and shoved her cupcake in her face. "WHY ON EARTH ARE YOU WITH HIM!?!" The I turned to James. I tried to block my tears my stomach turning inside out. "Why...?"
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/2/2013, 3:20 am

I laughed as we danced around but froze as someone stormed towards us.Someone with very familiar red hair.Before I could say a think,Jana had cupcake all over her face and Autumn was yelling at me."Autumn,please,calm down!"I begged and put my hands on her shoulders
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/2/2013, 8:52 am

OOC: Cowgirl, please remember not to powerplay.

BIC: Sudden shouting made Jana Kay turn around... and get a cupcake smashed into her face. Chocolate spread on her cheek and even on her nose; couples around them stopped dancing to see what was happening.

"The real question," she calmly answered as Autumn asked her why she was with him, "would be why he is not with you."

She tried to sound as kind as possible when her interlocutor had just smashed a chocolate muffin into her face.

"Look, Autumn," she said with a smile. "James and I are just dancing. Nothing more. I think that if he did not love you anymore, he would have already broken up. "
    Perca
    Perca
    Experienced Member

Female

Post by Perca 11/2/2013, 8:57 am

OOC:Do we have a posting order?Like Morgan,Cowgirl,Me?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content