A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

3 posters

Ethan Marks

Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female
    Number of posts : 377
    Registration date : 2013-09-25

Ethan Marks Empty Ethan Marks

Post by Maggie Chase 11/15/2013, 5:03 pm

Name:  Ethan James Marks
    His twin sister calls him Eth (pronounced eeth)    

Mortal Parent:  Ethan's father, James, is mortal, and he is very close to his 16 year old twin sister, Lily. Ethan and Lily lived in Britain, and went to a private school called Frainswite Academy. They lived with their father, and had a great life. Ethan is mysterious, smart, funny and kind once you get to know him. The Marks family originated in Britain, and is now spread out over Britain.
    God Parent: Hecate, godess of magic and crossroads
    Date of Birth: March 27th, 1997
    Place of Birth: Ethan was born in the heart of Bristol, England on Castle street, but his family moved when him and his sister were 2.
    Hometown: Ethan lived on Angel road in London, England for the rest of his life, and often walked with his dad and sister to Lloyd park, which was near their house.
    Last Residence: London, England, same place as Hometown.
    Race: Caucasian
    Ethnicity: British
    Accent: Received Pronunciation, a common british accent
    Skin tone: slightly tan, not too pale
    Eye color: A dark, stormy blue color                             
    Hair color: Jet black with a dyed strand of white on his right side.
    Hair length: Around 5 inches, the hairstyle is not too long.
    Height: 5 foot 7
    Weight: 134 pounds, so pretty average for his height
    Body Type: Although Ethan is pretty athletic, he is pretty thin, but I'd say Ethan has an average body for a 16 year old boy. Not exactly a beanpole, but not fat at all.
    Appearance: Ethan looks a little bit scruffy with his hair sometimes covering up part of his eye. He does not wear glasses, and is the slightest bit tan, but pretty pale. He dyed one strip of his hair white when he was 13 to show that "people change". Ethan used to wear his school uniform from Britain, but after being in Camp Half-Blood, he became more of an American, despite his accent. Now he often wears a purple flannel shirt, light blue jeans, and dark blue Converse sneakers. Ethan also has a small scar about 2 centimeters long, right under the left side of his lip. He got this scar playing soccer (Or "football" in Britain) when he was 14 in London on his school team. He wasn't watching where he was going, and the soccer ball flew at his face.
    Weapon: Celestial Bronze sword the size of a baseball bat with a hilt that has a small picture of Hecate's wheel, one of her symbols. This picture's background is white, and the symbol is actually in black.
    Armor: Ethan uses a dark bronze set of armor made for him by his good friend, Jackson, from the Hephaestus cabin. It is a perfect set for him, being slim, and not as bulky and noisy as other sets.
    Pets: For his 16th birthday at Camp Half-Blood, his friend Jackson managed to convince Chiron into letting Ethan have a horse in the camp stables. Ethan named her Emily, and she is a tall, adult chestnut.
    Talents: Ethan is surprisingly good at pleasing people. He can cheer someone up or make someone feel happy just by simply hanging out with them, like going to the archery range with someone.
    Skills: Ethan is good at mental math, and beat a cash register once at finding out the price of something. Ethan is also extremely skilled at swordfighting, so much that when he fights, his wrist moves in a fury of quick movements.
    Flaws: Ethan can be shy to new people sometimes,  and he can also rush into a situation at times. Ethan can also be very stubborn, and also is a little too wrapped up in stereotypes (stuff like wanting to fit in) (personality flaws) Ethan's left hand is burned (from a run in with a fire breathing monster) and he wears a grey and red bicycle glove to cover it. It is burned pretty bad, a 3rd degree burn that he got when he was 12, coming to camp. Almost all of his palm is burned, and it ends at about the end of his fingers's first knuckle. When someone or something hits it, Ethan experiences LOTS of pain. Occasionally, he'll get sort of a sting of pain, but not much anymore. It's permanently burned. (Physical flaw)
    Weaknesses: Ethan can NOT do ANYTHING with a bow, for he is EXTREMELY bad at archery. He once tried to use a bow, and ended up missing and shooting his sister! He is also more of a leader, and sometimes fails to listen to other's opinion. He is working hard on this, though, so that's why I put it as a weakness and not a flaw.
    Likes: Ethan likes wolves a lot, because he says they are intellectual, and intelligent. He also likes anything to do with Britain, especially his mom's homemade Pad Thai, a dish she made in London. Ethan also likes the color purple, and has a purple flannel shirt that he almost always wears. When he was in his mortal school, Ethan was in Robotics club, and still likes programming things. And finally, he plays soccer, and not only is good at it, but also loves it.
    Dislikes: Ethan dislikes insects. He is not afraid of them, he just thinks they're annoying. Ethan also dislikes hamburgers very very much. He says they are "too messy, and downright disgusting", but everyone thinks he just doesn't want to be completely American. Also, Ethan dislikes when people assume that they are better than everyone else. This is extremely annoying to him, and he stands up to people he sees doing it.
    Fears: Ethan is afraid of not fitting in. When he came to Camp Half-Blood, he was a shy, pale, 12 year old kid in the background of Camp Half-Blood. Everyone knew each other, and the only person Ethan knew was his sister. On top of that, he had a British accent that no one else had there, and he thought his magenta eyes made him look so bad. Eventually, he learned kids' names, and is now not pretty popular, but has his own crowd. He is also afraid of spiders.
    Personality:He is mysterious, smart, funny and kind once you get to know him. Ethan is also quick thinking, finishes what he starts, is flexible, adaptable, outspoken, honest, and a little sensitive.  He is very positive, logical, and loyal. Ethan is also very loving towards his sister, and protects his friends. He hates to see people upset, and always tries to cheer up his friends. Ethan also constantly drums with his fingers.
    Powers: Can manipulate the mist once every 3 days, so must wait 3 days in between use. The change lasts around 5-10 min, and it is not strong enough to work on demigods, only weak minded ones (ehm, Aphrodite,  ehm)
    Social status: Ethan is not a stereotypical popular kid, for he is smart, intelligent, and friendly. He has his own crowd, and prefers not to hang out with kids like the sons of Ares or the sons of Aphrodite.
    Summer or year rounder: Ethan used to be just in summer, but when he and his twin sister were attacked in class, they became year rounders. Chiron allows them to visit their father every Christmas, but with the occumpany of a satyr.
    Years at Camp: 5 years, since he's been at camp since his 12th birthday.
    Life Before CHB: Ethan and his twin sister Lily lived in London, Britain, and went to a private school called Frainswite Academy. They lived with their father, and had a great life. Ethan's dad was a lawyer, and their family was pretty wealthy. The Marks family lived in a house with an attic and a basement. Ethan invited his friends to play his favorite video game, London Runaway, often. Ethan had a friend who was from the U.S. named Jake, and he acted a little weird sometimes. Frainswite Academy went from 6th grade to 10th grade, and Ethan was in 6th grade when it happened. One day in school, their language arts teacher, Mr. Clopson, turned into a cyclops and chased them down the street. Eventually, Jake fought the cyclops with a club, and revealed that he was a satyr. Later, Ethan and Lily were claimed at camp.
    Roleplay Example: Ethan walked with Jake through the halls of their school. "Well, I'm just saying that Mr. Clopson's test is pretty hard," said Jake, and Ethan started laughing. "Jake, you're forgettin' that you're lookin' at the three time champ of Frainswite's Math Olympics," joked Ethan, and the friends parted ways.
            As Mr. Clopson handed out the the test, he pulled Ethan aside. "I need to talk to you. Wait outside in the hall" he told Ethan. 'Wonder what that was about' thought Ethan, as he walked outside while his friends started their tests.
           Ethan waited for a while out in the hall, wondering if Mr. Clopson would ever show. Finally, he came into the hallway around 10 or 15 minutes later.

Last edited by Maggie Chase on 11/17/2013, 6:37 pm; edited 12 times in total
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Ethan Marks Empty Re: Ethan Marks

Post by Morgan Landry 11/15/2013, 5:08 pm

Did you buy a new character slot?

[Psst, manipulating the Mist is about illusions.]
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/15/2013, 5:14 pm

No, I killed off my satyr

What do you mean about the mist?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female
    Number of posts : 43512
    Registration date : 2008-09-13

Post by Kendall 11/15/2013, 5:21 pm

I wouldn't really count his eye color as a physical flaw so you'll need to change that. You need at least 5 flaws, so please add two more.

I'm not really sure altering the Mist is a power, since Thalia can do so without being a child of Hecate?
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Post by Morgan Landry 11/15/2013, 5:24 pm

What I mean is that when you manipulate the Mist, you are not changing the reality. You are changing the perception of somebody else's reality.

How come you talk about the life before CHB in the part about his father?

Why are his eyes magenta?

Add some natural physical flaws and strengths, please.

I'm not really sure about the horse.

You need at least five flaws.

Add flaws to the personality part. Also, what has this>> 'Ethan also constantly drums with his fingers.' to do with personality?

What did Jake fight the Cyclops with?
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/15/2013, 5:28 pm

Okay I edited one part but I'll have to edit the rest tomorrow.
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/16/2013, 12:14 pm

His eyes are magenta just, I don't know, because of his genes. Like, if you're mom has brown eyes, then you might have brown eyes. I tried to think of another reason, but that's just it.

I saw another horse in another character form, and plus its just a horse in the stable that Chiron let him name and ride.

I put the part about drumming his fingers because it said to include any quirks and I thought that might count.

Oh and Kendall, I know Thalia can manipulate it, but I think its still a power, since not everyone can do it.

Edited the rest.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/16/2013, 4:35 pm

Please don't double-post.

The horse is, presumably, fine, but I wouldn't say he owns it; it's still the camp's, he probably just takes care of it most.

If you insist it's a power, then I suppose that's fine. When he manipulates the mist, how long does the change last? Is it strong enough to even affect demigods?
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/16/2013, 6:45 pm

Sorry about the double posting. Yeah, that's all I meant with the horse, and I edited the power.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/16/2013, 7:02 pm

How badly is Ethan's hand burned?

Add another sentence to personality.

(I suggest you increase Ethan's birth year by at least 1; 19 is when characters are supposed to leave camp.)
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/16/2013, 7:31 pm

How about this?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/16/2013, 9:27 pm

I feel like you're saying the burn is temporary -- if it's going to be a physical flaw it has to be something rather permanent.

Also, maybe change the first sentence (fragment) of his personality into an actual sentence?
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/16/2013, 10:39 pm

Like that?
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/17/2013, 12:57 pm

Change his eye color.

Is his entire hand burned?
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/17/2013, 5:58 pm

Well, I wanted to answer Morgan's question about his eyes, but I don't know how! Would what I put work?

Fixed the burn part.
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/17/2013, 6:31 pm

Well, I don't think magenta is a natural human eye color anyway, so it wouldn't be allowed. And why would his dad have scarlet eyes -- is he an albino? (I'm not much of a genetics person, but I don't think it's possible for the colors to "mix" and create a new one.)

Does Ethan occasionally feel pain from his burned hand?
    Maggie Chase
    Maggie Chase

Female

Post by Maggie Chase 11/17/2013, 6:37 pm

What about THIS!
    Kendall
    Kendall
    Mr. Moseby
    Majestic Unicorn Queen

Female

Post by Kendall 11/17/2013, 6:41 pm

Approved. You have been awarded 650 drachmas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/2/2024, 6:08 pm