A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Why, hello there

The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female
    Number of posts : 1172
    Registration date : 2013-08-31

Why, hello there - Page 3 Empty Re: Why, hello there

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 10:18 pm

Elizabeth finally grew the courage to look up at the teen. She shook her head, answering the question he had asked. "No thank you." she said it like she was a machine, like she was programmed to say it. "I'm sorry I made you tell me," she said in a quiet voice, looking down at the swift moving knife. "I was just- curious." it was an idiotic apology- in other words, one she felt like she had to say.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male
    Number of posts : 9431
    Registration date : 2011-04-27

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 10:27 pm

Everything Stephen fought for was taken from him. Maybe he deserved it. He wasn't as honest-looking as people took him for. One life, he was an assassin. Another, a regular lovestruck teen. And in this life... He was being punished. In this life, he lied, cheated, and stole. He was a mastermind. He was the lone wolf. He was... Alone. His brother, having been able to dig himself out of the pit they both dug, found optimism and lived his life. Stephen decided to stay. Someone needed to be punished.

"It's whatever. Curiousity killed the cat. What's said and done is.. Well, said and done." He said, almost optimistically.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 10:47 pm

Lizzy looked up at him once again, and ran her hand through her hair, shaking it out. "If curiosity killed the cat, it's a wonder I'm not dead yet." 'yet'. Such a nasty word, with a definition of 'soon will be'. But she new that in the next five years or so she would be gone; have it be from war, or smoking, or even suicide, she knew that the day they lay her body in the ground was approaching fast. But she wasn't scared of it; death was fate, and the one thing never to have fear of is fate.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 10:53 pm

"We all have our time. Mine, may be sooner than yours, or vice versa. But as long as we're in the land of the living, the troubles of the deceased must be forgotten." Stephen didn't usually say things such as this, but he felt it didn't matter if she saw the real him. Reliving those memories, listing them, made him realize life is short. For something so short, he had to make his life worthwhile. "I'm a little bothered by the fact that I'm still alive." He said honestly. "That's what's bugging me."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 11:02 pm

Elizabeth slowly nodded. She didn't ask why- first off, it was normal for a demigod such as them to have a short lifespan. And second- well, judging from what Stephen had just told her, it made since he didn't understand it.  "Well then, you better be makin' the most of it." of it? Of life. Of every waking moment in this screwed up world the two demigods who were talking to each other like they were old fiends were living in.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 11:06 pm

A cold laugh escaped his throat. "I'm supposed to be dead Elizabeth. But I was spared, along with my brother. Why? I ask myself that everyday. I make the most out of my life by training... waiting. Biding my time." Stephen could be categorized as 'insane'. He was no longer normal. Then again, most demigods were screwed up somehow. "I just want a different purpose."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 11:16 pm

Elizabeth jumped up, and the rain seemed to pour down even harder. "Then make a different purpose!" she half-yelled. "The fates gave you a second chance. Why not use it? I can count on both hands people who have died who would have killedfor a second chance!" she was angry. He was acting like it was some sort of curse- but she was jealous of him. Everyday, she wished she could go back in time and change her childhood, and start it off with not letting hr mother go completely insane. If she had a second chance, it would start with never picking up a bow. "Please, just hear me out."
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 11:24 pm

"Its not that simple." He whispered, thinking of all the times he tried to change. All those times where he thought he had succeeded... And yet, failed. "You an I, maybe it was a mistake. Us meeting." Stephen rested his palm on the hilt of his sword. He was almost sure something horrible was about to happen, and yet, nothing. "I can't have a second chance. I'm too afraid." Truth of the matter is, he was weak. Stephen his behind his words, his cocky attitude, hoping that one day all his troubles would just disappear. "You and I, we're not so different."

Although he said that, he wasn't so sure. He was insane, but what about her? Was she equally insane?
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 11:31 pm

Elizabeth sighed deeply through her nose. There was something she wanted to say- something she was too nervous to say. But finally, she built up the courage. "Or who knows," she said quietly, her gaze on the ground. "Maybe I'm your second chance."
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 11:35 pm

Stephen blinked, completely taken aback. He had never thought of her as a second chance. He chuckled, "I'm dangerous Elizabeth. You may not see it now, but I am." He took a step towards her an dcrouched down, trying to meet her gaze. "Let's say you are my second chance. I need to know, would you be willing to strike me down if I lostr myself?" He asked her, his face expressing amusement.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 11:45 pm

Elizabeth looked up, and smirked at him. "Honey, I'd be up for striking anyone down," she shrugged, getting more serious. "That depends what you were doing, I guess. Like for instance, terrorizing the village is a no-no." she smirked again. "But- why does it matter if I will or won't?"
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/23/2013, 11:49 pm

As Stephen chuckled, he shook his head. "Oh, just wondering." He stood up and turned around, taking exactly six steps. He turned to face her and drew his sword, "I want to see, besides your incredibly fast speed, how fast you could strike me down." If you were ever wondering if he was insane, the answer would be yes.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/23/2013, 11:55 pm

Elizabeth laughed. "Oh, no fair!" she called over the rain. "I don't even have a sword!" but she took out two of her sharpest knives from her left boot and jacket, and held them up, getting in fighting position.

She knew she couldn't use her bow when she was only a little over 3 feet away from him- it would be stupid, and he would have beaten her by the time she had gotten a direct target. And sure, she was fast, but she knew he was a hell of a lot stronger than she was. She wondered what was about to happen.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 1:39 pm

Stephen smirked, "Knives huh? Interesting."

Before anything, Stephen bowed slightly. This wasn't a battle between two enemies, but a spar between two friends. In all his years of training with different people, he was taught to show respect, not just vulgarity. "May the best demigod triumph!" He shouted over the rain.

After a few seconds, he charged at her, sword raised. This technique looked reckless, but in reality, he was baiting her. Tire out your opponent before you strike... Unless you've managed to tire yourself out.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 1:46 pm

Elizabeth laughed quietly at what Stephen had called out. And when he charged her, she did soemthing he (hopefully!) wasn't expecting.

She rolled under him, causing him to trip over her. Before he was able to recover, Lizzy (in the blink of an eye, as usual) rushed over him, and held him down by putting her knee onto the top of his chest and holding one of her blades just under his Adam's apple. She smirked down at him. "You're so predictable."
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 1:57 pm

Stephen was slightly surprised about how she reacted, due to the speed and agility she possessed. 'Course, he was expecting no less from her. He followed her movement, letting himself trip, but as soon as he did, he knew he had made a mistake. A dagger to the throat usually meant you lost, and in battle, death. Well, that was awkward. He didn't want to use his powers, but he didn't think he would be on the floor in a matter of seconds.

"I'm not as predictable as you think."

Stephen had to be careful about how he used his powers. It could drain him if he wasn't aware of how much energy he was using. As they spoke, he was creating a water clone of himself. Right down to the physical features, and, the mental ones as well. As Stephen thought, the clone spoke, "Like this. Would you be able to predict me?"
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 2:06 pm

Elizabeth was slightly suprised about how he used his powers. Okay, not slightly- really suprised. "What the f**k," she muttered, and turned her attention back to the son of Triton she was holding down. "How the hell did you do that?" and, of course, while she was distracted, she pulled back a little, the blade on Stephen's throat backing off a a few inches.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 2:14 pm

That's all the space he needed to attack. As Stephen prepared himself physically, he said, "When in doubt, lash out."

Stephen wasn't sure if the impact of the clone would cause her to stab him in the throat, but hey, he had to try something. The clone operated like a robot, standing idle until Stephen thought of a command. As soon as his first command was given, the clone jerked forward and slammed himself against Elizabeth. Now, Stephen had his eyes closed for this, so he had no visual of what happened.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 2:28 pm

Elizabeth breathed in a huge gush of air when the water clone slammed into her, and she was pushed off of Stephen. She was careful not to stab the teen in the neck, but she was forced to cause a scratch that was deep enough to draw blood.
    She stabbed at the clone the was hovering above her (she was laying on the ground) and finally she stabbed just the right pinpoint in it and the water clone- well, she wasn't exactly sure what happened, but the thing just became fully water again and soaked Elizabeth even more.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 2:47 pm

So, Stephen had a bit of problem. He was hemophobic. Blood was a no-no, even if it was his. Stephen quickly stood up, feeling the weight of his clone leave him. She eliminated the clone. He would've been impressed, if he wasn't shaking so much. He cupped his trembling hands and, as raindrops fell, it stuck to his palm. Stephen quickly held it to his neck, healing himself. Ironically, making himself feel better, made himself feel worse. He was draining himself. As soon as he was patched up, he grabbed his sword, which had somehow impaled itself into the ground as he fell. "Alright Elizabeth. Now, I'm serious."
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 2:56 pm

Elizabeth rolled over and stood up, picking up one of the knives that she had dropped. She didn't know if she should use her power or not. She had already used it once on Stephen before, and didn't know if he would react any differently. Plus, it would drain her, and the last thing she needed was that to happen.
    She stood in a ready position, one that she could jump out of in a second if Stephen  did anything funny. "And you weren't serious before?" Liz asked, her knives raised.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 3:04 pm

Stephen pondered her question. Was he serious? Well, he had a strategy. But that was before he was on the floor. He was already tired. No point in trying the same thing. If he used his powers, he would drain himself. If he went and fought with his sword, he'd probably end up on the floor, and he wasn't prepared to create another clone. There was another plan. He had forgotten all about his hidden blade. As Stephen started formulating a plan, he sheathed his sword. "I won't need my sword for this." He held his hand up and taunted her, gesturing for her to 'bring it'.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 3:13 pm

Elizabeth breathed as evenly as she could, and studied Stephen. I won't need my sword for this. That's what he had said. And the boy wasn't stupid enough to fight Liz without a weapon. She spun each knife in her hands around twice, trying to figure out what he was going to do.
    Finally, she brushed her wet hair out of her face, and as thunder rumbled overhead, she charged Stephen, getting to him in a little less than three seconds. She slashed his arm, causing blood to run down it.
    proxyboy
    proxyboy
    Experienced Member

Male

Post by proxyboy 11/24/2013, 3:22 pm

Aww, damn. Stephen was already bleeding... Again! She was like a predator playing with her prey. Slowly weakening him. He backed off, his body instinctively harding the blood that was spilled, making his cut scab over. Not the best way to heal, but in close combat, it was better than nothing. Stephen backed off, creating some space between them. First move, powers. As the raindrops fell, he solidified and thinned them, making them like pin needles, and shot them towards her. He was glad that didn't take much energy.
    The Seelie Queen
    The Seelie Queen
    Dedicated Member

Female

Post by The Seelie Queen 11/24/2013, 3:37 pm

A few of the pin-like raindrops hit Elizabeth, but she rolled away from the rest of them. The ones that did hit her drew blood, and she winced. She knew what Stephen was doing- weakening her, forcing her to back down. And then he would kill her. Hopefully it wouldn't get that far, and if it did, hopefully he wouldn't kill her.
    She used a bit of her energy to give him a 1-minute vision: Stephen was stuck in a box, and the box kept getting smaller and smaller. Even though he wasn't bleeding, wherever in the box Stephen touched, blood began to flow.
    She watched him closely as she showed him this.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/10/2024, 11:20 pm