A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Panic Station [finished]

Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female
    Number of posts : 15906
    Registration date : 2011-12-31

Panic Station [finished] Empty Panic Station [finished]

Post by Morgan Landry 11/18/2013, 8:46 am

The Arena was by far one of Chiara's favorite places at Camp Half-Blood. The tall white walls stretched vertically, set with columns and niches in which stood statues depicting various war gods: Ares, of course, Athena, Eris, Deimos, Phobos, Kratos, Alala (easily recognized with her open mouth and knitted eyebrows), Enyo, Polemos, and a bunch of minor spirits like the Hysminai or the Makhai. All this splendid decorations and statues made Chiara feel perfectly at home.
    Today, the Ares cabin had sword fighting training with half the Minor Underworld Gods cabin, which included children of the various Underworld rivers (Cocytus, Acheron, Pyriphlegethon, perhaps even Lethe, who knows), but worst of all, Thanatos and Melinoe offsprings. Of all the demigods at Camp, the children of Thanatos and Melinoe were those Chiara hated the most. Not only was she unconditionally prejudiced against them, she was also feeding a special type of hate and loathing for them.
    To cut a long talk short: she was extremely happy to be fighting against them today, so she could give their asses some kicking.

The seventeen-years-old daughter of Ares was wearing a black tank top that read 'Punk's not dead' over a pair of khaki camo trousers whose ends were stuffed into her heavy yet efficient combat boots. A punk belt set with spikes was wrapped around her wide waist, and a blood-red bandanna was holding her unruly red curls back, which gave her kind of a commando air. Her knives were sheathed around on the right side of her belt, her sword on the left (since she was right-handed), and her boot knife was clipped to her left shoe. She hadn't taken her black leather jacket (which turned into her Myrmidon armor) because she didn't feel like she'd need extra protection during the training; other demigods had come in full battle armor, but not Chiara. She'd feel better either way beating those despicable kids into a pulp without any kind of protection.
    She pushed a rebellious red curl behind her ear with her freckled hand that was half-hidden by a fingerless leather glove, like her other hand. The curl came again, and she was briefly tempted to cut it off, but instead she just stuffed it inside her bandanna. She may have washed her hair the day before, it still smelled vaguely of lavender and lemongrass. Her skin, though, had as usual the scent of bergamot and ginger, it was kind of her signature fragrance.

The assigned demigods of the Minor Underworld God cabin arrived shortly after the Ares cabin did; when they came into the building, Chiara's siblings had already started to warm up, running around the sanded area, making press-ups, wrestling, and exchanging some blows with their weapons.
    When she saw their opponents arrive, Chiara smirked and stopped fighting against Sherman, one of her half-brothers.

"Look at that bunch of f**gots," she loudly said, and her siblings chuckled.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/14/2014, 3:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf
    Non-conforming Criminal Mastermind

Male
    Number of posts : 1565
    Registration date : 2012-02-25

Panic Station [finished] Empty Re: Panic Station [finished]

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/18/2013, 12:04 pm

Nathan awoke that morning hoping to have a relaxing day, but sadly that didn't happen for him. He was part of the group of Underworld Kids that had to train with the Ares kids in the Arena. He really didn't want to, but he knew he couldn't get out of it, and he certainly has tried to before, so he dragged himself out of bed. He pulled one of his Orange Camp Half Blood shirts and a pair of black skinny jeans. Then he turned his head and glanced at his armor. He walked over and pulled it on. Completely remade, Nightingale armor, purely leather and black as the night. The Nightingale insignia was embroided on the chest of the Armor and made to be the best at taking hits, but of course not many because leather can still be cut well. Pulling on his cloak his face was completely hidden from view aside from his brown eyes.

He glanced over at his bed and saw his black cat, Specter looking at him. Nathan walked over and petted the cat, pushing back his hood on his cloak and pulling down the piece of the armor covering his mouth. He smiled at his cat, and Specter purred happily before climbing up onto his shoulder. "Off we go to fight some annoyances..." He said to his cat in Italian before his cloak and mouth cover back up to hide his face.

He traveled with Specter and the rest of his cabin to the area, glancing around at the decorations of the building and marveling at how intricately built it was. 'Certainly can't lie about how beautiful this place is.' He thought has he entered, seeing the Ares kids already preparing to fight. He stretched ever slightly, feeling the scabbard holding one of his swords, the other one being in the sheathe at his side. He felt ready to battle, but wasn't sure who he felt most comfortable against. Then he heard one of the girls call all the underworld kids f**gots. This left Nathan knowing exactly who he wanted.

Appearing in the front of the group of underworld kids, swords drawn he smirked. "Now whoever the little maggot was that said was, you just earned yourself a one way trip to hell. Or you know, the infirmary...considering death isn't an option here." He said. He watched as Specter hopped down and then climbed up to a little perch where he could watch the fight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/18/2013, 12:25 pm

A boy in a black armor came forward, his swords drawn; his face was half-hidden by a kind of cloak, which made it weird to look at him, he made Chiara think of a bedouin or so. His remark about getting her to the infirmary gave her a moment of laughter.

"Oooh, look, someone's feeling insulted!" she scornfully sneered back, showing her teeth. "Who are ya even, b*stard? Aren't you one of those useless little newbies? Why did you come here, do you need help lacing your shoes?"

The 'older' Ares cabin chuckled again -- the 'older' were those who had fought at the Titan war, whereas those who had come after were considered as 'younglings' despite any age difference; those who had fought the Battle of the Labyrinth and the Battle of Manhattan always positioned themselves as superior to the newcomers.
    Chiara crossed her arms, which emphasized the muscles of her shoulders and forearms, as well as the scars and freckles that were covering them.

"Anyway, I suggest you run back into the skirts of your b*tch mother, d*ckhead, because I took what you said as an invitation to kick your butt."

The overly freckled redhead unsheathed her sword noisily - have you ever tried to retrieve your sword without the sound of metal scraping against metal? - and unclipped her boot knife from her shoe.

"You're an Underworld kid, aye? Imma send you home faster than Hermes can fly." She let out a malevolent smirk and nodded at him. "Bring it on, punk."

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/11/2014, 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/18/2013, 12:37 pm

Nathan chuckled at the girl. "Tell you what. You caught me on a nice little mood." He said. He lifted his cloak off his head and tossed it aside, then pulled down the rest of the face coverings, revealing his head. He smirked at the girl and pulled out his other sword, throwing it and lodging it into a wall near where Specter had perched himself. "I'll only use one sword...and I want use my shadow teleportation abilities." He said, oozing cockiness as he spoke. He gripped his remaining sword and walked out to the middle ready to fight.

"You talk a big game, miss 'I was in the titan war, I'm better than you by a mile', what, were you one of the ones that pretended to be useful? I may not have been there but I'm sure that you wouldn't of made a difference." He said to her. "Also, last I checked, wasn't Ares cabin the cowards that refused to get involved...oh and too make it worse an Aphrodite girl is the one that got you all to go fight...talk about embarrassing." He said as he danced around, waiting to see her rage.

This was very much just like him, and while he wasn't there he knew what went down in the Titan War because he asked about it, heard plenty of stories about who fought, who won, and how things went down. He could tell that he was going to be in for a fight, but he was ready to deal with the brat.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/18/2013, 3:52 pm

As he removed his hood and cape, Chiara could see him more clearly. He had dark hair and hazel eyes, an overall rather tan skin and defined cheekbones. His mouth was deformed into a cocky grin. His insults stung because they were aimed at something real; despite her, she felt anger flushing her cheekbones and throat slightly as her eyebrows furrowed.

"Last I checked, you weren't even there at the Battle of Manhattan, nor were you there at the Battle of the Labyrinth; you were too busy hiding in whatever sh*thole you come from. If I were you, I wouldn't talk about things I don't know, like fighting for example." She sneered. "Honestly? The way you look, the last thing you fought must be your seven years-old sister." Chiara started cleaning her nails with her knife before crossing her arms again. "You say we were useless, but last I checked, without the Ares cabin, they wouldn't have been able to kill the Lydian drakon, nor would we have won the war. As for our 'forced lateness', I wasn't the one to give the order to stay at Camp, was I?" she scowled. "But we're having too many words and not enough fight. Drag your useless but over here, f*ckface, so I can beat it into a pulp until you cry for you momma."

The leader of the Minor Underworld Gods cabin cleared his throat, said something about choosing a partner now everything was settled and the two cabins broke into separate duos of fighters while Chiara kept advancing towards the little pinzutu, a wild smile on her freckled face.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 1/20/2014, 9:04 am; edited 2 times in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/18/2013, 9:36 pm

"My my my, you sure do love to talk about yourself...is your growing ego a common thing or are you just special?" He asked her as she came towards him. He smirked, ready to fight her and put her in her place. The Italian born demigod was quite accustomed to battle and regardless of being in the major war or not he trained with the best he could find during his year at camp, granted that wasn't saying much considering the whole Gaea mess, but Nathan was....adaptable..

He circled around her, sizing her up easily telling that she was battle hardened, not that she certainly didn't try to make it obvious. It was the blood lust in her eye that made her..better. She was ready to take all ends possible to make him suffer, and he guessed it was with good reason which made it all the better to fight against her. Quite honestly he didn't care if he lost, but that didn't mean he wasn't going to not give her a run for her money. After all, he had to make a statement that you don't f*ck with Underworld Kids, especially Melinoe children like himself. He felt the rep he had to protect and he was ready to go.

He tightened the grip on his sword and took the first swing, expecting the easy block has jumped back and then lunged, going for a stab wound. Regardless of if she blocked the stab he would be prepared with the counter blow.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/19/2013, 9:16 am

When he asked about her ego being a common thing, she scowled.

"Your mother's a common thing," she briskly retorted with an insolent smirk.

She stopped two meters from him, which was just the space they needed to maneuver into a fight; like most demigods here, she had learnt fencing with the master's circle, or Thibault's circle, which was an imaginary circle on the ground which diameter was determined by both their heights. Two meters should roughly cover it.
    Chiara advanced, having nothing but her xiphos in her right hand, her boot knife in her left, and her experience. Nathan, on the other hand, was dressed in full battle armor, and had a sword that was a bit longer than Chiara's.

Still gonna beat your ass, punk, she thought.

Nathan swung at her faster than she would have thought, but she easily dodged by leaning backwards; next, Nathan aimed a stab at her thoracic cage, but she deflected his sword with the flat part of her xiphos, keeping it away from her while she attacked with her boot knife; she was following her favorite fighting scheme: attacking into Nathan's own oncoming attack, while closing the line of attacks, which was the moment called stesso tempo, where attack and defense become one.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/19/2013, 9:23 am

Nathan saw the deflection of his sword coming, and when the knife came he protected himself with a quick turn so the blade hit his arm, nothing major to the attack really. Nathan jumped back for a moment and briefly examined the wound, seeing that he got lucky with it not breaking the leather armor. He shrugged off the blow he took and re-evaluated the fight he was in.

'More reach for me...probably more experience for her...brute force is a no.' He thought and smirked as he raised his blade. "I don't know your problem with the underworld...after all...wasn't it Hades and his son Nico that saved your behinds in the final hours of the Manhatten Battle.?" He said as he slashed at her, then jumped to the side and sent a roundhouse kick at her. Normally he would attempt to follow up with one of his disappearing tricks, but he said he wouldn't use it. And he certainly wasn't going to make himself the coward in this fight. He had other ways to beat a better fighter.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/19/2013, 9:58 am

The black-painted blade of Chiara's knife was stopped by his arm greaves, which didn't inflict it any damage apparently, but she didn't care. Damage would come when the time was right.

"Hades, Nico and their zombies would have been meaningless if Percy hadn't stopped Cronus on Olympus, you jerk," she mouthed. "They wouldn't have made any difference."

Nathan slashed at her side but she blocked his blade with her xiphos just in time to see his roundhouse kick coming at her neck. Instinctively, she stopped his leg with the flat of her boot knife, tried to keep hold of his ankle, but he was too quick.
    Roundhouse kick? He obviously wasn't a beginner.
    Which made Chiara relish even more at the perspective of beating him into a pulp.

Fine, wanna do some boxing? I'm your man.

Martial arts was one of Chiara's regular hobbies, she practiced every day in at least two sports. Normally it was karate and tae-kwon-do, but she sometimes did regular wrestling, greco-roman wrestling, pankration and boxing.
    She aimed a slicing gesture at his right arm with her xiphos while doing a shin kick, targeting the nerve in his thigh she never remembered the name of. The shin kick was a speciality of Chiara's, and she put as much might in it as she could so it would be as painful as possible, should it hit its target.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/19/2013, 10:52 am

Nathan staggered back a little with the block of his kick. He readjusted for her quick reflexes and tried to see what was coming next. When it happened though, he was a bit late. He had to make the decision of the blade getting his arm or being crippled by the kick to the shin. Taking the blade to the arm he pushed down on her foot with his left arm forcing her to stop suddenly. Then without warning he made a quick uppercut to the chin hoping to knock her down at least.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/19/2013, 11:10 am

Chiara's leg got blocked by his arm; on the moment, she was irritated she couldn't hit the nerve she was targeting, but she forgot about that when her knife hit the place in his arm; however Nathan retorted by an uppercut to her face, which dug into her chin, sending her backwards momentarily. Pain came in her chin and from the sudden, forced shut of her jaws, her upper and lower row of teeth slamming into each other.
    Of course, she had suffered worse - far worse, an uppercut in the chin was like, the regular alarm clock in the Ares cabin - but getting one from a little sh*tty Underworld kid like that dude was a totally different deal.
    Roaring in anger, she jumped, her xiphos held diagonally, and aimed a slicing gesture that would go from his left shoulder to his right hip bone, while targeting a block to his sword with her knife.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/19/2013, 3:33 pm

In the split between the after his punch connected, Nathan winced, fighting back the urge to cry out in pain from what just occurred. The cut wasn't as bad, the armor took most of the pain, but it still stung badly, and it was obvious there was blood, regardless he put his mind away from it. His other arm though hurt much worse, It wasn't smart to block the kick, but he couldn't jump back to avoid it, so he had no other choice and because he did it on a dime, the moment to full weight and left his arm in bad condition. Add to that, using the same arm to hit her left the body part searing with pain.

'Note: Next time...cheat..' He thought refusing to go back on his word to give him leverage with his powers. He was making a statement here and he wasn't about to let this brat of an Ares girl make him look the coward.

Nathan saw her coming with the slash and the blocking motion from the knife. He had no other option so he jumped out of the way, hitting the dirt and then rolling back to his feet. "I'm sorry were you looking for me?" He asked, regaining his cocky attitude as he looked at her, smirking at her anger. "I didn't know that I'd give you this much issue, Big Bad Ares girl and all, I thought that mouth would have better backup" He said as he returned to his unorthodox dancing gesture as he waited for her strike, the pain in his arm still an issue, but he would look at it later with the infirmary, right now he had to put his focus back in the fight.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/20/2013, 3:40 am

A hurt look crossed his face as the pain registered in his limbs and Chiara allowed herself a sneering smirk. When she came with the slash, he jumped away quickly, rolled onto his feet, but Chiara was already facing him, aiming a stab at his sternum. It would hit the armor, but she didn't care, after the stab, she'd target his head with a blow out of her xiphos's pommel that would knock him back and give him a nice big bump for a couple of days, unless he used ambrosia. But hey, who'd use ambrosia on bumps?
    Probably an Underworld kid.

The guy jibed her again and Chiara snarled.

"That was a nice approach, b*tch, but now let us see your departure," she retorted and aimed the blow with her pommel at his nose.

With that, she aimed a final kickboxing axe kick at his head; she may be short, but she was trained to do it on taller people.

Last edited by Morgan Landry on 12/11/2014, 10:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/20/2013, 7:55 am

Nathan reacted as fast as he could. The blade stabbing at him, he batted way but only just, and then the pommel coming down on him the only thing he could do was catch the fist and shove it aside, still wincing from the injury to his arm. He distanced himself, but barely for the next thing he had to contend with was the kick coming at him.

He sighed as he dropped his sword, it stabbing into the dirt and he lifted both arms, catching the foot mid air. "You know...for someone that hates my mother so. I must say that you're not half bad...even considering the group of your siblings I beat around a few months back for being assholes to some girls...infact even hitting one for no reason." He said expecting her to counter the caught kick. He shoved her foot into the air attempting to put her down on her back. He then grabs his sword and holds it down pointed at her, if she is still there.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/20/2013, 8:40 am

Nathan's speed made Chiara bare her teeth. Dammit, the boy had good reflexes.
    When he grabbed her foot, she yanked it back free just the moment when he shoved it back; she stumbled backwards, but rolled on the ground and came back standing on her feet. Her bandanna had slid to the right, letting several wild curls escape, sand grains were sticking to her skin and hair, and her moss-green eyes flashed anger.
    She made her xiphos twirl in her hand like a nunchaku, before grabbing one of her throwing knives, sticking her boot knife back into her belt. She attacked again, making a 'battement' which was basically giving a quick yet powerful knock on the dude's sword, then made an envelopment, which would be taking his sword in a circular movement to keep it away before letting it go back to its original point; during that envelopment, she threw her knife at him, then her second one and the third one, aiming quickly and precisely. Her next move would be to jump straight at him, hitting his thoracic cage with her knees and sending him backwards, then put her boot knife's tip to his throat.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/20/2013, 9:24 am

Nathan watched as she returned to her feet and prepared for her strike. He took notice that several people from both cabins had stopped training and were watching them fight. One of the cabin leaders said something that he barely understood and he held his sword up ready to go. "One more time then eh? And by the way...If you think I was a coward that hid during the war...you're wrong, I wasn't in the country...I back home..in Italy." He said to her and then rushed at her just as she had pulled out some new toys of hers and came back at him. There blades met and her envelope motion worked, breaking his use of his sword as she threw her knives at him, the two at his shoulder lodging in him, but he moved his left arm in the way of the one at his thoratic cage, blocking it, but the blade stabbed in his arm leaving him biting back the searing pain he felt.

The next thing that came was her knees to his thoratic cage, knocking him down. He hit the ground hard, but used the momentum of the fall to push her off then jumped out, rolling and standing, swinging his sword to try to cut her, but instead he hit a different blade.

"I said that training was over Nathan Maxwell." The leader of the Underworld Cabin said, stepping in the fight.

Nathan stepped back lowering his blade and glancing around, then looked up at Specter whom was napping up on the perch. He sighed and sheathed his sword in the back scabbard walking over to his other sword and pulling it out of the wall, waking up Specter whom jumped down and landed down next to him, making a noise in noticing the knife sticking out of the armor on his arm and the two on his shoulders, blood in the arm wound the shoulders though having more armor so the blade didn't pierce much beyond the skin. He sheathed his other sword and picked up his cloak and pulled the knife out of his arm and the two from his shoulders.
    Morgan Landry
    Morgan Landry
    High Queen of Narnia

Female

Post by Morgan Landry 11/20/2013, 10:07 am

"Nobody cares where you were," she spat. "The only thing that matters is that you were not fighting during the Titan War, don't try to pull off those chicken excuses."

Her knee slammed into his thoracic cage, and she was about to put her boot knife under his chin when he rolled over, making her fall to the ground. The sand didn't soften it, but she was accustomed to it. Chiara got to her feet in a fraction of seconds, ready to continue the fight. She would have blocked his sword, but the cabin leader of the Underworld Gods cabin stepped in.

Nathan Maxwell... so that was this punk's name. Chiara would remember it.

She took her knives back and slid them into her spike-set belt before sheathing her xiphos. The Ares cabin left the Arena slower than the other Campers did, and Chiara strode out; when she caught up with Nathan, she bumped into him on purpose.

"You were lucky your cabin leader saved your butt this time, b*tch," she sneered. "You won't have such luck next time, Imma make sure of that."

With that, she took out one throwing knife and passed it across her throat before going off with one of her half-sisters, a tall, bulky girl with thick blonde hair.
    Alpha Wolf
    Alpha Wolf

Male

Post by Alpha Wolf 11/20/2013, 10:23 am

Nathan moved out, glancing at the people in his cabin that traded different random glances. He didn't bother a care, just ignored them, but then the Ares girl bumped into him and made her threat. "You're just a wonderfully pleasant person. The cabin leader doesn't mean crap to me, and I was holding back." He said to her then watched her make her threatening motion. He laughed, outright laughed at her. "You don't mean sh!t to me." He said as she started to leave with one of her half sisters. Once they were out of the arena, he pulled on his cloak and disappeared using his powers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/8/2024, 6:31 pm