A place for Percy Jackson and the Olympian fans to roleplay.

2 posters

Sword Fighting/Practice

sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female
    Number of posts : 21
    Registration date : 2013-11-27

Sword Fighting/Practice Empty Sword Fighting/Practice

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 5:41 pm

Sword fighting. It was the only thing Jack was actually good when it came to the arena; the range was a nightmare to him -- the only thing he could shoot is the people surrounding him, not the actual target. Wrestling was also out of the questions, because it would probably be filled with over-hyper children of Ares by this time, ready to beat and squish anyone that challenges them. The arena was filled with dummies ready to be slashed, and some were slashed already -- head, legs, arms: these demigods didn't discriminate, apparently. However, as much as Jack loved to slash a few dummies here and there, it wasn't as thrilling as sparring with another living individual, and the thrill of defeating another person proved itself visible when sparring with someone else.  There were a vary of demigods milling around, their swords at their sides, yet most seemed to be concentrated on slicing the poor, defenseless dummies in front of them so much that their insides spill out. Following in suit, Jack steps in front of a dummy, both it's legs slashed already. He raises his sword and begins slashing the dummy, enjoying the sense of accomplishment that follows.

Sword Fighting/Practice Empty Re: Sword Fighting/Practice

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 6:25 pm

After her odd exchange in the library, Charlotte Meed was fed up with demigods. All these questions thrown at her was annoying. But it was partially Charlii's fault, she didn't really give the girl answers.
    Not wanting to go back to her dumb family, the nymph strode into the arena picking the remains of the yellow flowers out of her hair. She had no weapons to call her own but she was decent with a sword. Her mother and father were not for violence and weaponry. But that's why they live in the woods and she wonders around camp. The arena was fairly busy today. Many demigods were not sparing. Weird. Charlotte had noticed that demigods spar to get a sense of pride. Potentially hurting someone for pride. Fun. Charlotte bent down to get a discarded sword that was lying of the ground. She analyzed it like it was some sort of monster. There was no blood stain on it, cool cool. Charlotte noticed kids angrily slashed at the dummies. She didn't want to talk to those kids,  they seemed creepy and weird. Or maybe they're normal. Whatever.
    Caleb Gifford
    Caleb Gifford

Male
    Number of posts : 33

Post by Caleb Gifford 11/30/2013, 6:42 pm

''I guess not.'' I said as I sheathe my sword and run out of the arena.

Last edited by Caleb Gifford on 11/30/2013, 6:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 6:44 pm

To be honest, it was getting kind of boring to repeatedly slash the dummies without any reward. The dummy just stands there, taking repeated blows to its body parts without a whine of complain of anything. Despite his words, Jack continues to slash the dummy before him, switching once in a while to another dummy. From the corner of his eye, he could see that another person entered the arena. He turns to face her, noticing she was picking out what looked like flowers, but could always be something else. He lifts his eyebrow, amused by her reaction toward the sword. "Normally, you use the sword to slash the dummies," Jack pipes up after watching the girl analyze the sword, stepping closer to her. "Unless you're looking to slash something made of flesh, of course."

Jack looks over to the new boy unsheathing his sword. "Were you asking the lady over here?" He asks, gesturing towards the girl.

ooc; wow, sorry for the super late and short reply!
    Caleb Gifford
    Caleb Gifford

Male

Post by Caleb Gifford 11/30/2013, 6:45 pm

wanna play
    Caleb Gifford
    Caleb Gifford

Male

Post by Caleb Gifford 11/30/2013, 6:46 pm

I unsheathe my sword and walk over to Jack,''I bet I'll win.''I said.

OOC: Sorry for double posting.
    Caleb Gifford
    Caleb Gifford

Male

Post by Caleb Gifford 11/30/2013, 6:55 pm

''I guess not.''I said while I sheathed my sword.I ran out of the sword arena.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 6:58 pm

"Wow," Jack replies, his tone hinting humor. "You sure are confident, aren't you?" He glances over to the unnamed girl and then the boy, grinning. "Are you sure you could beat me? I don't want to brag or anything, but--" Jack was cut off by the blond boy, saying something about leaving. "What?" He mutters as the boy leaves.

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 7:21 pm

ooc-Instead of triple posting, just edit your text. There is a button that says edit :)
    bic-

Charlotte looked up at the boy. "Oh, yeah. I don't um normally use swords." She looked over at the other boy. He seemed weird. Maybe he was one of those..Mania kids. Or an unclaimed new demigod; he did seem younger than the other two. Charlii pushed her hair on top of her elfish ears and just watched the kid leave. He seemed confident too, why would he just leave. Ugh, demigods can be so annoying.
    "I don't understand."
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 7:30 pm

"Oh, hm. Do you use any at all, or are you a pacifist? You know, the whole 'war doesn't help anything, peace does' kind of thinking?" Jack sheaths his sword and sticks out his right hand, a grin once more decorating his face. "The name's Alejandro, but you can call me Jack. Almost everyone does, really -- maybe it's because I force them to? Anyway, are you new here?" It always was sort of amusing to watch newly brought demigods fumble around with the system, although it seemed like this one wasn't all that new.

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 8:23 pm

Charlotte gave him a small smile. "Oh no, I just don't use 'em." She shook his hand quickly then put it back to the side. "I'm Charlotte. Or Charlii, I guess I go by both but what ever." Charlotte paused before answering his next question. She knew that if she lied, then she would go into a spiral of lies. Ugh, she doesn't know. "No. I've been here a while now." Charlotte played with one of the yellow flowers. She hated questions. But it's not like she's going to ignore people whenever she steps out of the forest. Then again. If she hated people asking, why would she come to the campgrounds? Charlotte can be so stupid sometimes.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 8:50 pm

"Maybe it was a wrong idea to come into the arena, then. I'm pretty sure everyone around here is just waiting for someone to come in and attack them with their sword." But he had to admit, one of the reasons he came closer to Charlotte was to attack her with his sword, but with consent, of course. He wasn't that barbaric. His eyes drift towards the flowers in her hand, a curious expression lighting up his features. "Are you a child of Demeter? They're the ones I usually see around with flowers. I don't usually see them in the arena, though. I don't suppose you came here to spar." Which would be a total waste of his time if she weren't (just a little bit, though. It was nice to talk to someone once in a while.)

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 9:04 pm

"I'm fairly decent with a sword, actually. I just don't own one. Gods my parents would bud if they saw me with a sword." Charlii scratched the back of her neck. She noticed that he gazed at her flower.
    She could have easily just said yes and went on with it. But she knew that she can't lie forever. She already got one demigod cursing her. She doesn't need an army. "Ah no. I'm not Demeter's child." She simply sad, "I'm kind of hiding, but not really. I was hiding a few hours ago, but then I was driven out of that hiding spot and now I'm here. But it doesn't seem like anyone's sparing so.."
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 9:19 pm

"Your parents?" He couldn't help asking questions, Charlotte had spiked his curiosity. Maybe she was talking about her mortal parents -- he hasn't heard of a godly parent that has something against their demigod playing with swords and bows. He hums. "The arena would be good for hiding, I suppose, with all the demigods around. The forest is good too, if you know your way around it. I'm pretty sure I got lost in there for a day or two the first time I went in there." He glances around the arena, nodding. "Well, you could always start sparring, since you're pretty decent with a sword, yeah? You could be their leader. They," he says, nodding over to some demigods practicing with the dummies, "will follow in your footsteps, and you'll be responsible for making a billion of demigods attack each other with their swords. It'll be fun. I doubt your parents will catch handling a sword here." He grins. "It could be our secret."

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 9:45 pm

"The forest isn't really an option. She might be waiting for me there." She smiled sheepishly. "I hope you can keep a secret." Charlotte played with the sword she had found earlier. Her parents are definitely going to kill her now. "Um about my parents though.." Okay Charlii, you can do this. It isn't that hard to say you're an anthoussae, right. Breath.
    Charlotte pulled her hair back, showing her ears. "Nymph." She said. "That's why I have parents." Charlii smiled. Well, that was easy. She really needed to get over herself.
    "Any who." Charlotte laughed.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 10:01 pm

"Oh, I have parents too. I'm sure we all have some. Nymph. Cool." He pauses. "I don't really talk to many nymphs, so this is new. Don't think it's any different from anything else, 'course." He backtracks towards her earlier statement before giving a small laugh. "Yeah, I can keep a secret, don't worry. Cross my heart and hope to die, you know?" He nods at her swords before clapping his hands. "So, about sparring? I could always volunteer to spar with you-- who knows, I could always learn something new."

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 10:13 pm

Charlotte smiled, she was glad he didn't mind. She nodded, smiling a little. "Yeah, we can spar. But I'm not sure you'll learn anything. Except what a nymph's scream sounds like." She was joking of course. Actually, she wasn't sure what her own scream sounds like. "But when I mean decent. I mean decent decent. I'm probably as good as an Aphrodite girl." She laughed at her own joke. Idiot. Charlii blew her caramel brown hair out of her face and held the sword in her left hand. "Oh Gods." she mumbled.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 10:29 pm

"Good enough for me," he replies in the same joking tone, unsheathing his sword. He draws his word, his right hand gripping the sword, before relaxing himself since he always found it better to have relaxed muscles and regulated breathing before commencing a sword fight. "I don't know," he argues, "I've seen some Aphrodite girls put their one-hundred percent effort. I went back to my cabin crying after experiencing that." Jack, in other words, is the resident hyperbole queen. He grins before remarking, "I'll be gentle." He charges with care, his elbows bent and close to his sides.

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 10:49 pm

Charlotte grinned. She didn't want to be the one to hit first. Something just said not to. Flowers grew up the sides of the old sword and she couldn't help but to let out a small laugh. She bent her knees, copying a stance she had seen in a demigods journal from a few years back. That was a very helpful journal though. It had all the names of all the gods and cabin numbers. That could be very helpful at times. "Go ahead, Jack." She told him.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 11:16 pm

He had to admit, the flowers momentarily distracted him, something he should have been more careful with -- for all he knew, Charlotte might have done that on purpose just to get a strike. Jack lunges, putting power towards his strike, aiming towards  Charlotte's upper body. The thrill he got from lunging might have been slightly apparent, he wasn't sure. The only thing he knew was that his demigod skills along with his ADHD were starting to kick in, making him similar to those bloodthirsty Ares kids he likes to criticizes.

ooc; whispers i'm sorry if any of this isn't correct info because uh I'm kind of terrible at describing sword fights?? You feel me??

Post by Guest 11/30/2013, 11:36 pm

Charlotte tried to block the sword. She bent down a little to try to push his blade backwards. Charlotte knew a little about sword fights. All you really need is to be good at defense. So she wanted to block at all times. Charlii backed a few steps from Jack. The anthoussae needed to think fast before she was sliced up. Demigods were naturally better at sparing than any nymph would be because of ADHD. She was screwed.

ooc-saaame
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 11/30/2013, 11:59 pm

Charlotte's efforts worked in pushing his blade backwards. Once she stepped backwards, he advanced again, lunging once more. This time, he strikes in attempt to clash with her sword, attempting a "binden." Doing this would allow the trapping of the opponent's sword by pressing either edge or blade against the other sword, a move that worked well in the past for him.

Post by Guest 12/1/2013, 12:15 am

Charlotte was surprised by his move. She wasn't quite sure what to do next. Her(well it's not her sword but she's using it.) sword fell to the ground, making a loud noise Charlotte did not like. She needed to think fast on what to do. She could bend down and get the sword or find something clever to do in the next twenty seconds. She found flaws to both of those plans so she just went with the second one and wing it. Charlii dug through the pocket of her shorts and found walnuts. Good enough. Now what to do with the walnuts was another question. So she covered her eyes with one hand(not a smart move) and tried to pelt him with the other. Gods of Olympus she's so dumb.
    sietepecados
    sietepecados

Female

Post by sietepecados 12/1/2013, 12:31 am

Okay. Sometimes you need to improvise, he got that, but throwing walnuts was a whole different thing. Of course, he had to be stupid and pause as soon as she pulled out the walnuts, amused by the antic. Jack barely managed to sidestep all the walnuts thrown at him, a few hitting him in his arms and legs. "I thought you were decent-decent at sword fighting," he shoots at her, stepping a bit closer at her. He keeps his sword in front of him in case Charlotte decides to pelt him something else. Jack isn't irritated at what Charlotte pulled, a grin spreading across his face once more.

Post by Guest 12/1/2013, 9:16 am

Charlotte put both arms to her side and shrugged. "I don't even know anymore." She smiled sheepishly as he came closer. "I guess I'm horrible at it.Sometimes I could drag a few tree nymphs out here and spar with them and I would win. But their tree nymphs so what to they know about sparing?" She stopped talking, realizing that she was also a nymph.
    Charlotte seemed to always forget she was an anthoussae. She had a normal skin tone and she didn't have anything standing out that was weird. Except for her ears but whatever. She could easily pass as a demigod who is new. But she was also seventeen so the 'new' card doesn't exactly work for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 5/17/2024, 2:22 am